Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,929 members, 7,946,019 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 11:17 AM

Dangote Acquires 16,000 Hectares For Commercial Farming In Jigawa - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dangote Acquires 16,000 Hectares For Commercial Farming In Jigawa (930 Views)

Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming / 114 Youths To Get 600 Hectares For Farming In Ekiti / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Acquires 16,000 Hectares For Commercial Farming In Jigawa by gwales: 3:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
The Dangote Group on Thursday said it had concluded arrangements to develop 16,000 hectares of land for commercial farming in Kafin-Hausa Local Government Area of Jigawa State.
The representative of the company, Femi Afolabi, said this during a community sensitisation exercise in Kafin-Hausa.
Afolabi said the company would develop 15,000 hectares for rice cultivation, while 1,000 hectares had been earmarked for construction of a modern rice mill.
He said another 10,000 hectares of land would also be developed for seed out-grower farm, adding that the measure was to encourage production of quality seed.
According to him, the company will spend about $250 million on the project, which will generate about 50,000 jobs among rural dwellers.
Breaking down the figures, Afolabi explained that $150 million was earmarked for rice cultivation in Kafin-Hausa, while $100 million was for industrial sugarcane production in Kaugama.
He said the company had made adequate arrangements to ensure full payment of compensation to farmers whose farmlands were taken over for the project.
Afolabi said the project was expected to take off in the next three months as part of the company’s drive to boost rice production in the country.
Also speaking, the council’s Chairman, Alhaji Bako Tamballe, commended Dangote Group for establishing the farm in the area.
Tamballe called on communities to cooperate with the workers to facilitate successful execution of the project.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Dangote Group had designated rice cultivation centres at Kafin-Hausa, Kwatalo, Dumadumin-Toka, Dudumin-Kyaure and Ruba districts, all in Kafin-Hausa.
The company also plans to set up additional rice and industrial sugarcane plantations at Auyo, Kaugama and Malammadori Local Government Areas.

theeagleonline.com.ng/dangote-acquires-16000-hectares-for-commercial-farming-in-jigawa
Re: Dangote Acquires 16,000 Hectares For Commercial Farming In Jigawa by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
good

1 Like

Re: Dangote Acquires 16,000 Hectares For Commercial Farming In Jigawa by mrvitalis(m): 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
I love this man
Am ur number one fan
If a company in Brazil can make $40bn annually. .. Y can't my company in Nigeria make same?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Acquires 16,000 Hectares For Commercial Farming In Jigawa by Godspikin: 7:44am On Jan 10, 2016
Hello house,
I need contact of anyone working in a sugar manufacturing outfit that makes sugar from sugarcane. A friend of mine needs certain information for his research. He knows Dangote, Honeywell and Bua does but he needs a contact who can give necessary information and answers.
Kindly help a brother out
Thanks.

P.S: Info/contact from any other company apart from the ones mentioned above will also be appreciated.

Cc: Pavore9
Lesgupnigeria
Re: Dangote Acquires 16,000 Hectares For Commercial Farming In Jigawa by zopaks: 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
wow! hope he has plans for irritating that site though.
I know Jigawa state has water supply as a major problem. It would have been better if the land was purchased around hadeija in Jigawa state because of the proximity and access to River hadeija as a source of irrigation.
Re: Dangote Acquires 16,000 Hectares For Commercial Farming In Jigawa by hotmas911(m): 2:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
Here is one of the world's richest going all out on Agriculture. It's a pity many people are yet to know that the syllabus has changed. Open your eyes.
Meanwhile I can give you free land if you are ready to join our club. https://www.nairaland.com/2850859/get-yourself-free-farmland-ogbomosho

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know Any Cassava Starch Offtaker? / How To Begin A New Organic Fertilizer Production Line? / Plantain Plantation:what Should I Intercrop With Plantain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.