Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,229 members, 7,919,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:36 PM

Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG (39687 Views)

Boko Haram: “we Have Won The War, We Need To Win The Peace” – Army / Nnamdi Kanu Open To Negotiations With FG – Lawyers / FG To Militants: We Are Open To Dialogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by wiseoneking: 8:44am On Jul 04, 2015
HungerBAD:
In a Civilized world, that is what leaders do and that is NEGOTIATE. We cannot kill or wish Boko Haram away, nice move PRESIDO.
that is not true. in civilised world, negotiation
is never an option not even in ordinary kidnapping. don't write a damn because your saviour pmb say so. negotiation means succumbing. are you negotiating the sovereignty of Nigeria or abolition of western education?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by tohpahz(f): 8:45am On Jul 04, 2015
U may negotiate with boko.. but amnesty for n/delta militants will be cut shey.. i laugh in pity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by chukkiephil(m): 8:46am On Jul 04, 2015
Please can somebody remind me who boko haram nominated as their spokesman before?
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by merry02(m): 8:46am On Jul 04, 2015
I can't Believe this !!!! What Kind of Government is this ? Nigerians Sorry , this is Highest Scam of the Century . Negotiate with terrorists !!!! This statement completely contradicted the impression Mr president gave during Their campaign (APC), at Chatham House in UK , at swearing in (May 29th) and and immediately taking over... . Can we trust Mr. President on his statements at all? He is Losing it All !! Since May 29 EFCC have lost high profile cases , boko haram on rampage again which GEJ nearly defeated before election ......Well , I hope he is not rewarding this faceless group ,because FG gives amnesty to militants in niger delta . A nation that rewards criminality ,will never move forward. I Believe Its About Taking over Power by all Possible means .... No plans , no blue print ... Sorry My Beloved Country

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by godwinomego: 8:47am On Jul 04, 2015
Why will federal govt negotiate with dam terrorist after causing heavy and permanent wound to this nation and families,it will be worst thing this apc govt will do cos of awakening other sleeping lions...Much hatred was impose on GEJ regime if not boko haram would have been the thing of the past by now ;
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by nathpope(m): 8:48am On Jul 04, 2015
EMERITUS85:

but American dont negociate with terrorists cool
America na 4ck up....dats y dey kip gettn attacks always...
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by Jaycool18(m): 8:49am On Jul 04, 2015
francizy:

Those are the willing tools ready to be utilized to plunge Nigeria into eternal abyss.. I think one has to start making plans to leave this useless country called Nigeria, known for producing failed military elements as civilian leaders. I said initially that I won't insult Buhari but with this move, he deserves all the insults in the world.

Just yesterday the môrôn said they were winning the war against boko haram and I wondered what he meant by winning and who was actually winning between boko haram and Nigerian army. How many attacks has been heard of from Nigerian army against the boko haram since May 29? Can't say they've done anything tangible, yet this clown of a president opened his mouth to crack a heavy joke on the people dying on daily basis and also came up with this negotiation junk.

Where are these set of people or is it only when PDP does something bad or good you jump out to criticize them;

NgeneUkwenu, Beremx, franchizy, egift, omenka, passingshot, etc, your lord and personal savior has already started failing.
shey they called jonathan clueless, voted him out nd brought in this slowpoke. HE has indeed brought change
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by stephengee(m): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2015
HungerBAD:
In a Civilized world, that is what leaders do and that is NEGOTIATE. We cannot kill or wish Boko Haram away, nice move PRESIDO.
people like you are against this move during gej times.
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by Randito(m): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2015
If this negotiation story is true, it means I have been right all along.

First its dumb to negotiate with BH cos such negotiation will only make them king as they will be getting fat salaries to keep their guns locked and if this negotiation goes well, other terror group will rise again as a method of getting recognition. You know the contagious effect na.

Ok if negotiation goes according to BH desire, nigeria will be islamise as PMB political tool was religion. Don't forget PMB during one of his campaign in 2001 vowed not to stop till he islamise nigeria.

This is a means to fulfil that promise. By negotiating with BH who wants just one thing, ISLAMIZATION OF NIGERIA.
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by francizy(m): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2015
Jaycool18:
shey they called jonathan clueless, voted him out nd brought in this slowpoke. HE has indeed brought change

Imagine that one of them has already started defending this useless move by his god buhari and yet claim to be a practicing Christian.
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by agarawu23(m): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2015
tohpahz:
U may negotiate with boko.. but amnesty for n/delta militants will be cut shey.. i laugh in pity
so you do enter politics too ?

are you against the negotiation? and you want the killings of innocent souls to continue?
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by francizy(m): 8:56am On Jul 04, 2015
agarawu23:
so you do enter politics too ?

are you against the negotiation? and you want the killings of innocent souls to continue?

What's the basis for negotiations please? Are we to turn Nigeria into an Islamic state? Because that's boko haram's sole purpose.
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by robosky02(m): 8:56am On Jul 04, 2015
tohpahz:

nonesense negotiation or is it a way of giving them amnesty (boko boys)
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by francizy(m): 8:58am On Jul 04, 2015
tohpahz:

This is just the beginning oh. Lots more to come. I bet there will always be more attack on N'Deltan militants, with Boko haram booked for negotiations.
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by agarawu23(m): 8:58am On Jul 04, 2015
francizy:

What's the basis for negotiations please? Are we to turn Nigeria into an Islamic state? Because that's boko haram's sole purpose.
which Islamic state are you talking about ? if you don't understand what negotiation means, just lock up sad
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by francizy(m): 9:03am On Jul 04, 2015
agarawu23:
which Islamic state are you talking about ? if you don't understand what negotiation means, just lock up sad

Simple question, what is the basis for negotiation?

Boko haram wants an Islamic state and they have killed over 13,000 people for that, so what are we negotiating? How do you negotiate with devils and demons? Do you give them a part on the back or what? They don't deserve to be living among humans. Buhari was supposed to relocate people outside the affected areas and then face them head on but rather in just one month and without any meaningful attack on boko haram, he has already chickened out and now calling for negotiations.

What a president! angry
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by CaptPlanet(m): 9:07am On Jul 04, 2015
HungerBAD:

In a civilised worl, u negotite with terrorists? Wow!

Are u serious?
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by ernesterioo(f): 9:07am On Jul 04, 2015
Mr Buhari needs to Watch 24 season 1 - 9, how on earth will you negotiate with terorists, Jack Bawa is needed
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by pippimp(m): 9:11am On Jul 04, 2015
HungerBAD:

They Negotiate with everybody, but do it through a THIRD party.

America in principle do not negotiate with terrorist. Reason being that once you start doing it then it's open season for all Americans. But, that being said they will negotiate a prisoner exchange. No harm in that. The difference between that and what the Nigerian government is considering is one is negotiating prisoner exchange and one wants to negotiate political and religious change. You don't want to do the latter. If you understand why BH exists then you'll know what the'll ask for. America would never do that. Obasanjo tried that and it is burning us till today.
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by UnknownT: 9:13am On Jul 04, 2015
francizy:

Bro please let's differentiate this. GEJ attacked those demons while since May 29th, we've not heard of one single military attack on Boko haram. What is he going to negotiate with them? Turning Nigeria into an Islamic state? Well, I will only have to pack my stuff and look for the nearest African country to live in.

This country has started receiving it's curse dividends..

#spits..

I wonder where those change chanting goons are. They have helped this party scam all Nigerians. Feck!
we are saying the same thing. My comment was not to praise Buhari

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by agarawu23(m): 9:16am On Jul 04, 2015
francizy:

Simple question, what is the basis for negotiation?

Boko haram wants an Islamic state and they have killed over 13,000 people for that, so what are we negotiating? How do you negotiate with devils and demons? Do you give them a part on the back or what? They don't deserve to be living among humans. Buhari was supposed to relocate people outside the affected areas and then face them head on but rather in just one month and without any meaningful attack on boko haram, he has already chickened out and now calling for negotiations.

What a president! angry
@bolded will not let me argue further with you.

have a good day smiley
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by fammo: 9:22am On Jul 04, 2015
EMERITUS85:

Says who? The exchange of terrorist prisoners for a kidnapped US soldier was dat not facilitated through NEGOTIATIONS??
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by Friabol: 9:22am On Jul 04, 2015
It's now I know that you are all hypocrites this is the same government that nearly crucified the former president when he was trying to negotiate with BH. But know, it's the right thing to do. Anyway am not surprised cause Alhaji Lai Muhammed said u guys will negotiate with the real BH.
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by 989900: 9:22am On Jul 04, 2015
While I won't (with my limited intel) support negotiating with BH/ISWAP for what they represent, OTOH, most comments on here about how xyz doesn't negotiate with terrorists is annoying -- fxck it, they do, yes, all the time; even arm them when convenient!

It's one thing to state your opinion as what it is: an 'opinion', but when you state your 'opinions' as fact/law, that is some whole 'nother level of st00pid.

I posted this article earlier https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/2007-01-01/negotiating-terrorists but the problem with this generation is, everyone just wants to say something regardless if it's true, false, wise, or f00lish.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by Jaycool18(m): 9:23am On Jul 04, 2015
francizy:

Imagine that one of them has already started defending this useless move by his god buhari and yet claim to be a practicing Christian.
a christian by mouth

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by kraftykc(m): 9:23am On Jul 04, 2015
EMERITUS85:

*But *America. *doesn't *negotiate
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by permsec: 9:26am On Jul 04, 2015
barcanista:
Nonsense! Is Iran a terrorist organisation?

What does negotiation for release of captives equate negotiating with terrorist group to stop terrorism? Is Buhari negotiating for release of any hostage? You aren't smart at all!

Have you heard any Western Country negotiate with ISIS, Taliban, Alqaeda, Al Shabaab etc for them to stop terrorism?
What a nice response barcanista! i wish i could give u 50likes on that.
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by neocortex: 9:27am On Jul 04, 2015
HungerBAD:

Unfortunately , you are wrong , since the advent of ideological/religious terrorism , no nation has ever successfully resolved extremist conflict through negotiation and that is because of one reason: terrorist never shift their grounds ad they always ask for more.
Except Nigeria is ready to be declared an Islamic caliphate , negotiating won't work.
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by Masculity(m): 9:29am On Jul 04, 2015
EMERITUS85:

you could have google this comment before posting it. America is currently having negotiation with Taliban.
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by permsec: 9:32am On Jul 04, 2015
chukkiephil:
Please can somebody remind me who boko haram nominated as their spokesman before?
Pa Buhari.
Re: Boko Haram: “We Are Open To Negotiations” – FG by cococandy(f): 9:33am On Jul 04, 2015
If I didn't have my loved ones in NIGERIA, I'd be laughing at all those people who voted buhari Into power with propaganda.

GeJ crime was being from a minority group.
As long as I've been an adult, he's been the best president I've known so far.

APC just wouldn't let anything good he did come to light. Always exaggerating his faults and making noise up and down.

Ngwanu. Osetiala.

Make Una crush Boko haram under the feet of your iron-God General.
The promises aren't easy to keep now are they?

Liars and propagandists

Mtchew.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

You Acted Like An Errand Boy: Court Dismisses Keyamo's SPV Suit Against Atiku / Benue Apc Youth Leader Looses Right Hand(graphic Photos) / Osinbajo Warn Supporters Not To Insult Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.