Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,711 members, 7,892,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:02 PM

Nigerians Complain About Buhari Running A Northern Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Complain About Buhari Running A Northern Government (486 Views)

Tinubu: Osinbajo Was Hesitant When He was Chosen as Buhari’s Running Mate / Obasanjo Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As Buhari's Running Mate, But He Refused - Bakare / PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Complain About Buhari Running A Northern Government by papoose999(m): 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
Prominent groups in the South east and South west of Nigeria have voiced
their concerns over the appointments made by President Muhmammadu Buhari
so far.
They describe it as being lopsided as it seems to favour the Northern parts of
the country.
President Buhari has so far appointed 9 individuals into different positions
since assuming office, 8 out of the 9 appointees are from the northern part of
the country.
In the South west, the groups that have expressed their concerns so far are
the Afenifere, Yoruba Unity Forum (YUF) and the Movement for Oodua
Republic (MOR), while in the South east, the groups are Ohaneze Ndigbo, The
Igbo World Union, Njiko Igbo Group and the Ohaneze Youth Council (OYC).
Speaking with Punch, they claim that this kind of lopsided appointments has
never happened in the political history of the country.
What is your take on this as a Nigerian and as someone who is politically
knowledgeable?
Please do not contribute to this post if your contributions will be tribalistic and
one sided.

cc lalasticlala
Re: Nigerians Complain About Buhari Running A Northern Government by papoose999(m): 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
Re: Nigerians Complain About Buhari Running A Northern Government by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
Re: Nigerians Complain About Buhari Running A Northern Government by Nuges11(m): 2:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
I think I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one, there are still loads of appointments to be made. But if in the end it turns out that almost all of Buhari's appointees are from the northern part of the country, then all I can say is we're in for a very rough ride

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Complain About Buhari Running A Northern Government by sugarvallly(f): 2:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
ok
Re: Nigerians Complain About Buhari Running A Northern Government by Edwardhead(m): 3:01pm On Jul 04, 2015
Incase

(1) (Reply)

I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram / A Nairalander Books Appointment Wuth Buhari / Aisha Buhari Doesn't Have A Social Media Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.