Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:58 AM

PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups (934 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Running An Illegal Govt - Lauretta Onochie Defends Python Dance / Southern Groups Knock Buhari’s Pro-north Security Appointments / Nigerians Complain About Buhari Running A Northern Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by Starships4u(m): 7:44am On Jul 06, 2015
Prominent groups in the South-East and
South-West of Nigeria have criticised what
they all described as the lopsided
appointments of President Muhmammadu
Buhari so far, which seem to favour the
northern parts of the country.
In the South-West, the groups that have
expressed their worries so far are the Afenifere,
Yoruba Unity Forum (YUF) and the Movement for
Oodua Republic (MOR), while in the South-East
the groups that have spoken out so far are
Ohaneze Ndigbo, The Igbo World Union, Njiko
Igbo Group and the Ohaneze Youth Council (OYC).
They claimed that these kinds of lopsided
appointments had never happened in the political
history of the country.
The YUF secretary general, Senator Anthony
Adefuye, warned that the earlier the situation was
reversed, the better, so as not to give the
impression that the North is marginalising the
South.

He said: “The fact that the President, Senate
President and the Speaker of the House of
Representatives are from the North is worrisome.
There is no way the North can take all the
principal offices and leave the deputy to us. It has
never happened before and the earlier it is
reverted, the better.
“There is no way that can continue because the
South is not subordinate to the North. The think
tank committee of the YUF will meet soon to look
at the issue and see how it affects the Yoruba
people. However, the development is a wrong
signal that must be corrected.
“What is more worrisome is that the immediate
past INEC Chairman, Prof. Attahiru Jega, handed
over to a Southerner but the Presidency changed
it to a Northerner. We are watching and waiting
to see what comes out of this new government.
“Southerners are always careful and concerned
not to marginalise the North. Therefore, I will not
expect the North to marginalise the South now
that the Presidency is shifted to the region.”
On his own part, the national publicity secretary
of Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin, said the group was
closely monitoring Buhari’s actions and taking
note of them.

He told The Punch: “We have taken a position in
Afenifere to watch the President’s actions before
we begin to make comments. By the time we
have a clearer picture of what is happening in the
first 100 days of the President in office, we are
certainly going to make a comprehensive
statement.”
George Akinola, leader of MOR, warned that
Nigeria is heading towards total conflict should
the situation continue.
According to him, “The country has already been
divided along religious lines. The fault lines are
there and will always be there. This will continue
until a time when one way or the other a
conference or a referendum happens. There is no
option that is not on the table but at least we will
prefer the path of peace.”
Meanwhile, the president general of Ohanaeze
Ndigbo, Chief Gary Enwo-Igariwey, advised Buhari
to respect the principle of federal character when
making appointments.
He said: “We expect the President to recognise
other nationalities that make up Nigeria. Elections
are over, it is time for governance. We expect
that the principle of federal character, which is
constitutional, should be respected.
“It is important that in making his appointments,
the President should recognise that there are six
geo-political zones in the country and it is
imperative that he carries all of them along in the
spirit of nation building and as a statesman.”
The Igbo World Union and the Ohanaeze Youth
Council described the president’s actions as a
threat to the corporate existence of Nigeria.
The OYC national president, Mazi Okechukwu
Isiguzoro, said: “Buhari should not abuse his
privileged position as the President of Nigeria for
the moment. He should not forget our federal
system but reflect the federal character in his
appointments.
“We are warning him to drop the Northern
agenda and govern Nigeria in line with the
constitution which he sworn to protect. We will
hold him by his statement that ‘he is for nobody
and for everybody ‘ except he now wants to tell
us that he is the President of the North alone.”
He continued:“Jonathan appointed Northerners as
his National Security Adviser, Defence Minister,
Inspector-General of Police, Chief of Defence Staff
etc. But so far, Buhari has shown us that he has
no regard for other parts of the country.”
In the same vein, the president general of Igbo
World Union, Dr. Mishak Nnanta, advised Buhari
not to give in to any ill-advice from individuals
with parochial interests.
On his part, the national president of the Njiko
Igbo Forum, Reverend Okechukwu Obioha,
warned the president against running what he
described as a “Northern government.”
He said: “Buhari is simply running a Northern
government. He is making his appointments as if
he is angry with other sections of the country.
The appointments are lopsided in favour of the
North and that is not acceptable.”

President Buhari has so far appointed nine
individuals into different positions since assuming
office. Eight of the nine appointees are from the
Northern part of the country.
Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 06, 2015
All we need is capable people with honesty and ready to serve the country deligently , I'm sure he's looking for some capable and trustworthy people from other regions , when he gets some he will appoint them , u know he needs no looter and embezzler in his government
Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by shamsuRana(m): 7:46am On Jul 06, 2015
sad

NORTHERNIZATION?
I was Born in Jos, Plateau State; Raised in Warri/Port Harcourt; Delta and Rivers State Respectively; I moved to Kaduna in the 80s; Completed my Graduate Program in Zaria in the 90's....Served in Akure, Ondo State and Married from Ogbaru in Anambra State. I am a Nigerian in all ramifications and I can; to an extent state the obvious.
The Average Northerner is Most Honest; Most Trusting; Less Corrupt; Most receptive and extremely open; But when Religion is involved they are very intolerable. Just Imagine the Non-Payment of Salaries for example; Less than 25% of Northern States are owing Salaries; Even though the receipt from Oil Revenue is low compared to their Southern counterparts.........The Southerner on the other hand is Most Corrupt, Most deceptive, Most deceitful and most dishonest. With us, there are no boundaries; Religion is only one of the many tools of deception. Imagine that with the extra Crude Revenue and supposedly a more informed populace; 80% of our States are owing Salaries.
If all the appointees of PMB are Northerners; I am cool if that will get the job done. Stop sending me Messages about the Northernization of the PMB Presidency; I and Millions of others voted for a Christ-Like Nigerian to change the destructive direction this country was heading under the leadership of GEJ; I did not vote because he was a Northerner or because there was a Northern agenda......PMB will do the right thing; for me that is what Matters.........Whatever is PMB agenda; Moving Nigeria forward is what concerns me; Doing that without an Uhrobo, Ikwerre, Niger Delta or Southerner is not important.....If it is important to you

By Retson A.O Tedheke

1 Like

Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by SUBMARINE: 7:47am On Jul 06, 2015
The freeborns down south are fighting back while the slaves down south are complaining

NIGERIANS SAY AFTER ME

PRAY NOT TO BE AS CONFUSED AS BUHARI
grin

grin

grin

3 Likes

Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by naijaboiy: 7:53am On Jul 06, 2015
Fp bound.
Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 06, 2015
No Igbo group is complaining ........

Beware

The only wailing people are the Sophiscated southwasterners

1 Share

Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by funlord(m): 8:01am On Jul 06, 2015
shamsuRana:
sad

NORTHERNIZATION?
I was Born in Jos, Plateau State; Raised in Warri/Port Harcourt; Delta and Rivers State Respectively; I moved to Kaduna in the 80s; Completed my Graduate Program in Zaria in the 90's....Served in Akure, Ondo State and Married from Ogbaru in Anambra State. I am a Nigerian in all ramifications and I can; to an extent state the obvious.
The Average Northerner is Most Honest; Most Trusting; Less Corrupt; Most receptive and extremely open; But when Religion is involved they are very intolerable. Just Imagine the Non-Payment of Salaries for example; Less than 25% of Northern States are owing Salaries; Even though the receipt from Oil Revenue is low compared to their Southern counterparts.........The Southerner on the other hand is Most Corrupt, Most deceptive, Most deceitful and most dishonest. With us, there are no boundaries; Religion is only one of the many tools of deception. Imagine that with the extra Crude Revenue and supposedly a more informed populace; 80% of our States are owing Salaries.
If all the appointees of PMB are Northerners; I am cool if that will get the job done. Stop sending me Messages about the Northernization of the PMB Presidency; I and Millions of others voted for a Christ-Like Nigerian to change the destructive direction this country was heading under the leadership of GEJ; I did not vote because he was a Northerner or because there was a Northern agenda......PMB will do the right thing; for me that is what Matters.........Whatever is PMB agenda; Moving Nigeria forward is what concerns me; Doing that without an Uhrobo, Ikwerre, Niger Delta or Southerner is not important.....If it is important to you

By Retson A.O Tedheke
grin
shamsuRana:
sad

NORTHERNIZATION?

By Retson A.O Tedheke

I bin wan yarn! But my P.A has already said it all 4 me!
Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by Jirate(m): 8:02am On Jul 06, 2015
adeekiti:
All we need is capable people with honesty and ready to serve the country deligently , I'm sure he's looking for some capable and trustworthy people from other regions , when he gets some he will appoint them , u know he needs no looter and embezzler in his government

If only you knew how much you have been “Brain Washed”, you will learn to keep quite at least for once.

1 Like

Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 06, 2015
Jirate:

If only you knew how much you have been “Brain Washed”, you will learn to keep quite at least for once.
ok sir sorry no vex o
Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 06, 2015
Buhari is old. He has past his prime. Elections and leadership are for young and vibrant minds. Not old men who boast of owning large cattle and material things.
In the end Buhari is sure going to blame his poor performance on his old age - by then he must have looted as many resources of the country that he can.
I'm watching on the sidelines albeit to see how Buhari is going to deny on the long-run that he's got nothing to do with the BOKO HARAMS (his deadly boys on the move) - who have pledged undiluted allegiance to him.

1 Like

Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 06, 2015
This is very true and we just need to embrace dis man and help him to return naija to her best
shamsuRana:
sad

NORTHERNIZATION?

By Retson A.O Tedheke
Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:41am On Jul 06, 2015
Boo.hari is a certified illiterate terrorist
Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by dayo23(f): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2015
We the good people of south west are watching him in 3D, just waiting for the ministerial appointment to be made. Playing opposition is our best hubby! The Daura.Dullad should be careful or else! angry angry angry
Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by dayo23(f): 8:56am On Jul 06, 2015
adeekiti:
This is very true and we just need to embrace dis man and help him to return naija to her best
Brb to reply u
Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by Forzap: 9:00am On Jul 06, 2015
Shebi na una want CHANGE undecided
Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by Forzap: 9:02am On Jul 06, 2015
dayo23:
The Daura.Dullad should be careful or else! angry angry angry

Abegi,una nor get mouth Jare undecided
Re: PMB Is Running A Northern Government - Southern Groups by Blizzy9ja: 10:07am On Jul 06, 2015
shamsuRana:
sad

NORTHERNIZATION?

By Retson A.O Tedheke
I see so much hypocrisy in this post, Nigeria is a multi ethnic state even section 14 subsection 5 of the 1999 constitution states that there shall be no predominance of persons from a few States or from a few ethnic or other sectional groups in that Government or any of It's agencies, so as to reflect the federal character of Nigeria and the need to promote national unity, and also to command national loyalty.

(1) (Reply)

Traffic Gridlock Due To The Poor State Of Elelenwo-onne Axis Of East-west Road. / PHOTOS: Truck Rams Into Stores In Mushin, Lagos / Court Refuses To Stop Appointment Of Senate Minority Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.