Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 03:00 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (716565 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (358) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by blazer234: 2:20am On Jan 29, 2016
ceejay80s:
Do u know that by adding distilled water to ur battery ,will make ur battery perfom better and last longer? I mean distilled water and not tap water or bottled table water or well water, one of my batteries used to malfunction, but after adding distilled water to it, its now ok and performing better,

do not add tap water or bottled table water or well water to it, they contain chemicals that will damage ur battery, I don't know if u one can get distilled water in nigerian stores ,but in Europe and US ,u can actually walk into a store and buy one, u can also use water dropping out from an airconditioner

Water dropping out of air conditioner is distilled water
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:34am On Jan 29, 2016
pato405:

mine has it as Ecomode, I just wanted to know how to determine the watt consumption in the economy mode. undecided
Saw this at the back of my 32inch led TV
Power consumption:
ecohome 37watts

standard72watts

max100watts
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dostico(m): 2:19pm On Jan 29, 2016
blazer234:

Water dropping out of air conditioner is distilled water

that is provided you are able to gather the air condition water without dirts and any contaminant
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bishop4life(m): 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2016
dostico:

that is provided you are able to gather the air condition water without dirts and any contaminant

It's easy if it's split unit, and with the outside unit within reach
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
They sell distilled water in pharmacies.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by martinz1: 8:55pm On Jan 29, 2016
temizeee:
okay...does d amp meter needle incorporated in yr charger ever reads around 20 amp while charging?

Energy used by thhe charger is aproximately equal to the energy drawn by the batter
Let's say 20amp charger , charges the battery around 14.5- 13.7volts
That's around 290watts of nepa current drawn by that charger

During charging when the battery is totally empty,the 20amp charger rotatable knob is turned to the highest , the needle on the meter might reads above 20a. Let's say around 25amp peak amp

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by martinz1: 8:23am On Jan 30, 2016
Please do not add distilled water to your gel battery, which most availble deep cycle batterries are, because when these battery are gone, they are gone and can only be recycled for the lead in it,
Distilled water are meant for wet cell deep cycle batterries, it hellps to revive those batterries
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 30, 2016
Tubular batteries also need distilled water.

martinz1:
Please do not add distilled water to your gel battery, which most availble deep cycle batterries are, because when these battery are gone, they are gone and can only be recycled for the lead in it,
Distilled water are meant for wet cell deep cycle batterries, it hellps to revive those batterries
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Wakeelu(m): 10:43am On Jan 30, 2016
ceejay80s:

I got it brand new from a shop at idioro mushin for 7k, I will give u his phone number and address when I get home from work 'cos the receipt dey house, its actually a 12v 20amp four phase charger that charges any 12v battery from 7ah - 200ah batteries
Read description of the battery charger here:
http://m.suoerpower.com/battery-charger-mad-1220a.html
it's a smart charger ceejay
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by martinz1: 1:27pm On Jan 30, 2016
TeOwl:
Tubular batteries also need distilled water.

Yea, they are wet flooded batteries
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
I read that deep cycle tubular batteries are the best for inverter use and they have the longest life span.

martinz1:

Yea, they are wet flooded batteries

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 5:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
spyglaxx:
Sorry for replying late. The battery is a used mercury model but the battery just stand kakara.My pastor helped me to get it. I got the solar panels from Alaba market and the solar charge controller is pwm. The solar panels are in 30watt mono and 70 watts poly all giving out more than 6amps for 10 hours. I will finish the assemblage tmao.
Any update?
1. Do you charge the battery with ups? If yes, how did you connect the solar panel with the ups.
2. How long does it take to charge your battery?
3. Please, phone number of panel and charge controller sellers?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bishop4life(m): 6:40am On Feb 01, 2016
bobojoshua:
Any update?
1. Do you charge the battery with ups? If yes, how did you connect the solar panel with the ups.
2. How long does it take to charge your battery?
3. Please, phone number of panel and charge controller sellers?

Why would he charge the battery with ups naa? The solar panels does that job.
He will just connect the panels to charge controller, then to the batteries, then to the ups battery terminal.
Thats all.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kio052001(m): 3:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
thank U all
bin following all ur gist 4m day 1
I've this smart power 1500 UPS and a Mercury Elite 1200 UPS
and I want to set up an inverter with 1 of them
which would u prefer I use and how do I go about it,
I plan on using with a 100ah +
plz help me out
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 10:43pm On Feb 02, 2016
TeOwl:
i just bought 30A charger from your friend at Labinjo street in mushin just now. I told him you were the one that directed me, he knows your name is CeeJay, I want to buy Mercury 200AH battery, i hope this your friend has this brand of deep cycyle battery.

EDIT: I just called, he does not have mercury 200AH battery.

How much did u buy d 30A?

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
N9000

billyG:

How much did u buy d 30A?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 10:49pm On Feb 02, 2016
Pls ceegay,what wattage of solar panel can charge yur ups,battery configuration?how do u go about to connect it.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by spyglaxx: 7:52pm On Feb 05, 2016
Discovery in Motion 1. (D.I.M)
Just discovered that my laptop charger gives out 3.1 amps at 19volts so my two chargers connected in parallel gives out 6.2 amps enough to charge my deep cycle battery through nepa.I will connect through the charge regulator. Techies your opinion.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by spyglaxx: 7:59pm On Feb 05, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][innovation is power/font]
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by spyglaxx: 8:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
Discovery in Motion. 2 (D.I.M)
The monocrystaline solar panel standard charging voltage is 19.4 volts while polychristaline standards at 16.3 volts. The cycle use voltage of my deep cycle battery is 15-14volts.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by spyglaxx: 8:22pm On Feb 05, 2016
Discovery in Motion. 3 (D.I.M)
just discovered the power park of the desktop can give out 8 amps at 12volts with two connected in series they give out 24volts at 8amps. Techies your opinion.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 05, 2016
Oga ceejay, Hw long can this particular setup with 40ah battery power just a laptop.
ceejay80s:
Total cost:,
12v 40ah valve regulated battery= 6k,
Used 650va ups with no battery in it = 1,500 ,
Red & black wire = 50 naira,
12v 20amp smart charger = 7k ,
TOTAL= 14,550
If u have extra cash , u could add one more battery
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by spyglaxx: 5:38am On Feb 06, 2016
Your laptop consumes about 3.3 amps i.e 20% of 40amps=8amps
40-8=32amps now 32 amps/3.3 of your lappy =9.6amphours you get.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 6:00am On Feb 06, 2016
spyglaxx:
Your laptop consumes about 3.3 amps i.e 20% of 40amps=8amps
40-8=32amps now 32 amps/3.3 of your lappy =9.6amphours you get.
thanks mate. so what battery rating can power a laptop for 24 hours?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by martinz1: 2:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
spyglaxx:
Discovery in Motion 1. (D.I.M)
Just discovered that my laptop charger gives out 3.1 amps at 19volts so my two chargers connected in parallel gives out 6.2 amps enough to charge my deep cycle battery through nepa.I will connect through the charge regulator. Techies your opinion.
Don't try to use that on deep cycle battery or u ar gonna damage the special lead in those battery,
Unless u wanna be buying deep cycle battery every months, deep cycle battery need special charger with muti stage charge process,bulk /eualization/ floating stage. Etc
Power pack/adaptor/power supply circuitary system is a lttle bit different from a multi phase charger circuit,
Don't use power pack for laptop or desktop pc to charger ur deep cycle battery no matter what, because it will damage d cells of the deep cycle battery,
Buy a Multiphase charger like the one advertised by oga ceeja, its not costly but affordable
Deep cycle battery is differen from car battery
Car battery can absorb some sort of rough charging cause its desinged for cranking voltage supply
Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by spyglaxx: 4:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
@MR RADIO
the calculation is 40amps * 2.5. But you are not expected to run your battery aground.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by spyglaxx: 4:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
@ mr martinz
I said i will tunnel them through pwm charge controller. How about that?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 11:14am On Feb 07, 2016
martinz1:

Don't try to use that on deep cycle battery or u ar gonna damage the special lead in those battery,
Unless u wanna be buying deep cycle battery every months, deep cycle battery need special charger with muti stage charge process,bulk /eualization/ floating stage. Etc
Power pack/adaptor/power supply circuitary system is a lttle bit different from a multi phase charger circuit,
Don't use power pack for laptop or desktop pc to charger ur deep cycle battery no matter what, because it will damage d cells of the deep cycle battery,
Buy a Multiphase charger like the one advertised by oga ceeja, its not costly but affordable
Car battery can absorb some sort of rough charging cause its desinged for cranking voltage supply
Thanks

I read about this so called #floating stage somewhere but couldn't grasp much. Do you mind explaining in simple terms, citing example(s) using the smart charger, e.g sometimes during charging I observe the fan goes off, the green charging light that periodically turns on and off during charging gets much slower, AND then remains steady signally fully charged. Is that phase between the fan turning itself automatically off and the green light becoming steady also called the floating stage? undecided
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by agentakins: 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
Good work
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by taiwooguns33(m): 7:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
thanks ceejay for the good work. I got the 20amps charger from that guy at labinjo at 8k yesterday. can I get the contact of any battery seller that have the 40amps battery.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80: 12:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
martinz1:

Thanks
Correct guy
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80: 12:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
taiwooguns33:
thanks ceejay for the good work. I got the 20amps charger from that guy at labinjo at 8k yesterday. can I get the contact of any battery seller that have the 40amps battery.
Check page 1-3 his number is there , I don't think he has 40ah battery

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (358) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.