Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,095 members, 7,890,610 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:54 PM

Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? (4767 Views)

2 Chibokgirls Who Escaped From Boko Haram Trucks Now US Students (Pics) / Adamawa Bomb Blast: President Buhari Says ‘it’s An Act Of Desperation’ / Photos See What Nigerian Army Recovered From Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Look I am not saying BH are Muslims or backed by Islam but they can easily use Islam as an excuse to cause terror.

My point is that we need to see BH beyond politics and religion.

Honey, your first line is exactly what I am saying here. Islam is the cover up for BH.

Lol. beyond politics and religion? You not talking like the Mynd I know! Please what else do terrorists want apart from power or religious coercion which all boils down to power anyway?
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Mynd44: 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Honey, your first line is exactly what I am saying here. Islam is the cover up for BH.

Lol. beyond politics and religion? You not talking like the Mynd I know! Please what else do terrorists want apart from power or religious coercion which all boils down to power anyway?
In this same post you said people can use religion (in this case Islam) as cover up for terrorism.

Now imagine a deluded idiot somewhere who believes his religion asks him to kill or he has to kill to prove his worth and that person comes in contact with a guy who has a shipment of illegally gotten weapons he wants to sell.

Where is the political gain here? You need to think beyond the usual scope and think economics for a while.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Ama80(f): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
midolian:
you made me to. I ll apologize later in another section other than politics. This is because u hate PMB that I luv so much.. And that hatred has beclouded ya sense of reasoning. I knw u to be beta than ds *sad*
we can disagree without tearing our clothes cos I hav no wardrobe allowance.calling me names is rather toutish.keep d apology.FOR D RECORD,I HATE APC AND IT'S CONTENTS.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Since May 29th, there has been an increase in attacks. Have you also noticed that BH usually do not strike during Ramaddan? But this ramaddan hardly a day has gone by without an attack even in mosques! (I’m sure this has removed any doubt about BH being an Islamic agenda because it should be clear to all now that it is pure politics)
Let me explain why I believe this BH thing is either a PDP project or an Arab thing.
During PDP rule, PDP kept on blaming attacks on APC, stating that they want to “sabotage their government” there was a deliberate attempt to blame northerners, and make Christians hate Muslims. I remember so well how they did this wrecking havoc and discord in the minds of gullible Nigerians.
Fast forward to APC rule, PDP is now saying that we will beg them to return. Please what the hell is that supposed to mean? What arrogance! Look at NL for instance; we can see I-regret-voting-Buhari inducing threads all over the place. Never mind that this started right from the first week of Buhari’s take over which is totally unrealistic no matter how and where you look at it. I'm also thinking that GEJ's Facebook remark on BH was also Is there a calculated attempt to make Nigerians "aww and eh yaa" that he's such a sweet man that we threw away. Definitely they are trying to make Nigerians regret voting APC and some gullible peeps will fall for this. Let’s never ever forget the Azizi “BH is PDP” saga just before the mysterious helicopter crash.
The only other suspect here is the Arab world, although I won’t be surprised if they are not directly involved. My main suspects are PDP and the traitors in the APC.

I give kudos to APC for not playing the blame game so far even though they inherited this mess from PDP. Instead, Buhari has taken responsibility and promised solution. Unlike PDP/GEJ who kept on blaming everything and everyone until the last weeks to the elections.
Words of wisdom
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
Mynd44:

In this same post you said people can use religion (in this case Islam) as cover up for terrorism.

Now imagine a deluded idiot somewhere who believes his religion asks him to kill or he has to kill to prove his worth and that person comes in contact with a guy who has a shipment of illegally gotten weapons he wants to sell.

Where is the political gain here? You need to think beyond the usual scope and think economics for a while.

1. The deluded i.diot knows he cannot shed blood during Ramaddan. We are talking about Nigeria's BH. Please don't forget that.

2. The guy selling weapons who is he? Most likely a foreigner right? (world politics to make money off sensitive countries)
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Mynd44: 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sweetlemon:

1. The deluded i.diot knows he cannot shed blood during Ramaddan. We are talking about Nigeria's BH. Please don't forget that.

2. The guy selling weapons who is he? Most likely a foreigner right? (world politics to make money off sensitive countries)

This back and forth is not sexy at all.
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
Mynd44:

How come Muslims around the world in the last decade just realized that a strapping bomb is the way to heaven.
The world is twisted brother for political gain.
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by bukster(f): 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Honey Muslims WILL NOT bomb other muslims, not even Christians during ramaddan. They don't shed blood during ramaddan. Ramaddan is the most holy of holies time for Muslims. For instance look at terrorism in the world as a whole, how many times has ISIL abi ISIS struck since ramaddan?
These beasts, BH, are NOTMuslims.
And ISIS is!? You're not helping the Islam is a reliogon of peace argument with this. ISIS was the one who called for renewed terror this Ramadan and since BH is now the west African arm of ISIS, it obeyed. ISIS has also taken responsibility for the Tunisia Beach attack last week that killed almost 40 foreigners.
BH and ISIS may not be Muslims but they are using Islamic teachings to justify their actions. They're attracting misguided youths by making them believe that their actions are somehow part of a noble religious cause. They attack other religions specifically and force them to convert to Islam or be killed. They attack and try to assassinate Muslim clerics that preach peace between all Muslims.
Boko Haram and ISIS may not represent the beliefs of a majority of Muslims but it is still a sect of the Islamic religion. One that is very dangerous and needs to be stopped. The sooner other Muslims accept responsibility for the creation of these two groups, the faster they can be stopped.
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
Mynd44:

This back and forth is not sexy at all.

You too honey.
We are saying the same thing basically. Maybe you just hate that I am being more suave here?
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
bukster:

And ISIS is!? You're not helping the Islam is a reliogon of peace argument with this. ISIS was the one who called for renewed terror this Ramadan and since BH is now the west African arm of ISIS, it obeyed. ISIS has also taken responsibility for the Tunisia Beach attack last week that killed almost 40 foreigners.
BH and ISIS may not be Muslims but they are using Islamic teachings to justify their actions. They're attracting misguided youths by making them believe that their actions are somehow part of a noble religious cause. They attack other religions specifically and force them to convert to Islam or be killed. They attack and try to assassinate Muslim clerics that preach peace between all Muslims.
Boko Haram and ISIS may not represent the beliefs of a majority of Muslims but it is still a sect of the Islamic religion. One that is very dangerous and needs to be stopped. The sooner other Muslims accept responsibility for the creation of these two groups, the faster they can be stopped.

then that simply means ISIS in not islamic group but just using Islam as cover up. Simples!
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by kay1one2(m): 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
Tarkyiyya alert!

Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by midolian(m): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ama80:
we can disagree without tearing our clothes cos I hav no wardrobe allowance.calling me names is rather toutish.keep d apology.FOR D RECORD,I HATE APC AND IT'S CONTENTS.
grin grin grin

truly, I shouldn't hav called u names. I don't know how that happened. Can't believe I eventually picked dat habit from the PDP.

I am not saying u shld like APC by all means buh babe, how can u say the president must resign for bad decisions he has taken? Let's even assume he has made bad decisions, don't we(as humanbeings) @ some point in tym? Didn't GEJ make many terrible decisions? What annoys me is the fact that your team members are always happy when they hear a news about bomb blast. God! See what our wicked leaders hv turned us to.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Mynd44: 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sweetlemon:

You too honey.
We are saying the same thing basically. Maybe you just hate that I am being more suave here?
*side-eyes her to my bedroom*
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
Mynd44:

*side-eyes her to my bedroom*

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by X3n(m): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
shachris:

you are So not making any sense. Boko Haram is more political than anything. Why else would a Muslim bomb a mosque? Why else would a Muslim kill his fellow Muslim?
why does ISIS kill muslims? All these conspiracy theories will only divide us further.
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Jorussia(m): 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ama80:
D bloods of these lost lives are upon pmb's head.He ordered d dismantling of military roadblocks whc boasted d morale of dese vagabonds.hav u thot about why gov lalong has ordered Fr d re establishments of military roadblocks in plateau.d president shud resign Fr d bad decisions he has taken since assuming office.And to think dat Gej was almost winning ds war makes it unforgivable.President PMB SHUD PLEASE RESIGN RESPECTFULLY.
Pmb should resign for you to takeover abi?In the administration of GEJ,when bomb was going off consistently for six years,you didn't tell him to resign abi?If the so called victory of over terrorist by your former boss was real,why is bomb still going off now?you better respect yourself.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
shachris:

you are So not making any sense. Boko Haram is more political than anything. Why else would a Muslim bomb a mosque? Why else would a Muslim kill his fellow Muslim?

Before ISIS came on board, why was Sunni and Shi'a Muslims killing each other?

Why was Taliban attacking moderate Muslims?

Nawa o.

Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
X3n:

why does ISIS kill muslims? All these conspiracy theories will only divide us further.

They're not Islamic. Islam is just a cover up. Any real Islamic group will follow the basic tenets of Islam. Chief among these tenets is obeying the rules of ramaddan.
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Normality:

Before ISIS came on board, why was Sunni and Shi'a Muslims killing each other?

Why was Taliban attacking moderate Muslims?

Nawa o.

Taliban/radical Muslims are politics. It's all world politics. The Arab world trying to gain control of the world using Islam as cover-up.
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
PDP is evil.
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by BlackBaron: 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
BH is Islamic as IS is Islamic.
I also take you don't follow up closely on the Iraqi - Syrian front for you to say they don't murder during Ramadan. The goat shaggers are still at it till this morning ; blowing up fellow Muslims, mosques and so.

Chants of A... akbar' don't exactly sound political to me. It's the same chants used by boko bastards when they're carrying out their heinous crimes backed by their own interpretation of their religion.

Nothing concerns PDP here nor is it the fault of politics, it is the religion. Plain and simple!
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Taliban/radical Muslims are politics. It's all world politics. The Arab world trying to gain control of the world using Islam as cover-up.

What I know is that Afghanistan and Pakistan are 95% Muslims.
So they believe they have to kill, then the radicals kills the infidels, the moderate one sees it as part of Jihad and cheers on, when the radical finishes with infidels, it moves on to the moderates who try to speak against them. It doesn't matter whether u are their target or not, if u are around their target, na 6ft be that.
They strike more fear into everyone, and like that like that.

If u are replying me, put "honey" too. cheesy

Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by ebamma(m): 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
Absolute rubbish,

Woman read what you just posted again and after that,
Give yourself a knock,

And promise that you will start using your

brain from now on
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Ama80(f): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
midolian:
grin grin grin

truly, I shouldn't hav called u names. I don't know how that happened. Can't believe I eventually picked dat habit from the PDP.

I am not saying u shld like APC by all means buh babe, how can u say the president must resign for bad decisions he has taken? Let's even assume he has made bad decisions, don't we(as humanbeings) @ some point in tym? Didn't GEJ make many terrible decisions? What annoys me is the fact that your team members are always happy when they hear a news about bomb blast. God! See what our wicked leaders hv turned us to.
I'm only playing opposition. wink
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Sweetlemon(f): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
Normality:

What I know is that Afghanistan and Pakistan are 95% Muslims.
So they believe they have to kill, then the radicals kills the infidels, the moderate one sees it as part of Jihad and cheers on, when the radical finishes with infidels, it moves on to the moderates who try to speak against them. It doesn't matter whether u are their target or not, if u are around their target, na 6ft be that.
They strike more fear into everyone, and like that like that.

If u are replying me, put "honey" too. cheesy

Lol @honey cheesy

In that picture you put up where did you see instruction for Muslims to bomb fellow Muslims in mosques during ramaddan?

Muslims are, and their fundamental teachings are violent yes but they have a process.
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Sweetlemon(f): 1:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ama80:
I'm only playing opposition. wink

Abi you're allowing yourself to be played?? undecided

Playing opposition should not make you so wicked that you cannot empathize with your fellow humans anymore.
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by CSTR2: 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
Are these APC people nuts?
How is desperation a good thing?
If desperation means over 1000 lives gone in a month, then we are all in trouble.
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Ama80(f): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Playing opposition should not make you so wicked that you cannot empathize with your fellow humans anymore.
it's ur thread.be my judge.
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by ebamma(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
The Op is so annoying,

Now she is even claiming to know more about Islam than the muslims,
Is it today that muslim terrorists started bombing or killing people during ramadan?,

The taliban has been doing it for years, Same with al-qaeda, AL shabab, Isil etc,
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Lol @honey cheesy

In that picture you put up where did you see instruction for Muslims to bomb fellow Muslims in mosques during ramaddan?

Muslims are, and their fundamental teachings are violent yes but they have a process.

Of course. This is what we’ve been saying for quite some time and what our leaders in Washington seem so reticent to understand. There really is no such thing as a “moderate” Muslim. I’m not saying this to denigrate nice, law-abiding American Muslims… I’m saying this because of the overwhelming amount of evidence that orthodox Islamic teachings are in line with what we call “radical Islam.”

Sean Hannity has made a normal thing of inviting British Muslim leader Anjem Choudary on his show for this precise reason. Choudary argues that the Koran and Sharia Law both teach that beliefs that ISIS, al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah, Boko Haram and others are espousing are normal everyday Muslim values. (Specifically Choudary is defending ISIS and al Qaeda.)

So, what I mean to say is this -- while Millions of Muslims may not be killing their non-Muslim neighbors, or their gay neighbors, or their neighbors who’ve converted away from Islam, these same people believe that if these neighbors were executed, that wouldn’t be a big deal.

Why? Because the Koran and Sharia Law explicitly call for these punishments! Gay people are supposed to be executed. Adulterers are supposed to be stoned. Converts away from Islam are supposed to be killed. Anyone saying anything negative about Islam, Allah, or Mohammed is supposed to put to death!

Don’t believe me? Well, how about if the leader of “moderate Muslims” in Europe told you? Here’s a video of Fahad Qureshi, the founder of Islam Net, and a leader in Norway’s Muslim community basically repeating what I just said. He was speaking to a group of Sunni Muslims at a conference in November of 2013.

"Every now and then, every time we have a conference, every time we invite a speaker, they [the media] always come with the same accusations: This speaker supports the death penalty for homosexuals, this speaker supports the death penalty for this crime or this crime or that he is homophobic, that he subjugates women, etcetera. I always try to tell them that it is not that speaker that we are inviting who has these 'extreme radical views,' as you say. These are general views that every Muslim actually has.

no moderate islamEvery Muslim believes in these things. Just because they are not telling you about it, or just because they are not out there in the media, doesn't mean that they don't believe in them.”

Qureshi then asks the people sitting in attendance to raise their hands if they agree about certain points of Islam, the Koran and Sharia Law.

“I will ask you, everyone in the room: How many of you are normal Muslims – you’re not extremists, you’re not radical – just normal Sunni Muslims Please, raise your hands. Everybody [raised their hands], with the grace of God. Okay, take down your hands. How many of you agree that men and women should sit separate? Please raise your hands. Everyone agrees, everyone agrees, brothers as well as sisters. So it's not just these 'radical' sheiks, then?

How many of you agree that the punishments described in the Koran and the Sunna – whether it is death, whether it is stoning for adultery, whatever it is -- if it is from Allah and His Messenger, that is the best punishment ever possible for humankind, and that is what we should apply in the world. Who agrees with that?

Allahu Akbar. Are you all radical extremists? So all of you are saying that you are common Muslims, you all go to different mosques in Norway. Or are you a specific sect, like the Islam Net sect, or anything like that? Are you like that? No. Are you like that? Please raise your hand if you are like that extreme Islam, that sect, or anything like that? No one, Allah Akbar.”

The “radical” beliefs of the monsters in ISIS or al Qaeda aren’t really all that radical. They are the mainstream beliefs of most of the world’s Muslim communities – whether in Syria or Norway or even the good ol’ US of A.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/14871/moderate-muslim-leader-says-muslims-radical-extremists/#A85vVdlx5dODlEUB.99
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by CSTR2: 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sweetlemon:

And what good will emphatizing do?
Will empathizing give buhari sense to do what he must do?
Instead of you to hold your government by the jugular, you are attacking innocent nairalanders that is powerless to do anything about it.
You have a serious problem.
Re: Who Else Smells Desperation From Boko Haram? by Iykopee(m): 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
If u don't knw what's obtainable in Islam, u shall keep putting the blame on political parties as the OP each time a heinous crime is committed by bokoharam and the problem wont solve anytime soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dirtiest City In Nigeria (pics) / I Pray Buhari Joins Yar'adua. - V.P Osinbajo / Day Of The African Child: Enugu Children Hail State's Contributions To Welfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.