Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,893 members, 7,906,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 09:16 AM

Woman Resigns From Work Over Legalized Gay Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Resigns From Work Over Legalized Gay Marriage (432 Views)

You Just Come Back From Work And See Your Wife Doing This / What Will You Do? You Came Back From Work & Met Your Daughter In This Situation / I Called My Friend Gay For Uploading This Pic, Got This Funny Reply From His Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman Resigns From Work Over Legalized Gay Marriage by askmike2k2(m): 9:02am On Jul 08, 2015
The Mississippi city official on Tuesday 30 June, 2015 stepped down from a post she has held for 24 years old in defiance of the new.

The United States of America recently legalized same sex marriage causing outrage in some quarters.

Barnette, citing her faith, said she would not be issuing gay marriage licenses.

She told Fox News: “I choose to obey God rather than man. I am a follower of Christ and I believe strongly that the Bible is my final authority. The Bible teaches that a marriage is to be between a man and a woman. Therefore, because of the recent ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court, I can no longer fulfill my duties as Circuit Clerk and issue marriage licenses to same sex couples.”

“I told my supervisors a while back if it happened, I would tender my resignation. I had already decided in my heart that I could not issue marriage licenses to same sex couples. It’s my Christian belief. As a follower of Christ, I could not do it. The Bible teaches it is contrary to His plan

1 Like

Re: Woman Resigns From Work Over Legalized Gay Marriage by ladyteska(f): 9:06am On Jul 08, 2015
twale,i respect you...may God give you a new job
Re: Woman Resigns From Work Over Legalized Gay Marriage by davmore750(m): 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
Thank God for you , God will save us from the hands of the beast.

(1) (Reply)

The Cuss Out Spouse / Some Things Are More Important. / What Goes Around Comes Around (show LOVE And Share LOVE Today.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.