Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,725 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:21 AM

Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? (4016 Views)

A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook / How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. / Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by tallfish145(m): 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
Is it adviseable for a graduate after searching for a job after a year plus take up a job of 20 thousand naira a mouth with transport expenses of 8K?
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by Goovo(m): 8:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nah, its not worth it
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by phemsie(m): 8:46pm On Jul 11, 2015
A bird in hand is worth thousands in the bush...

My advice though...

3 Likes

Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
no. bt it starts from somewhere. have u bn to osun state? chai!!! u go see hnd, bsc, ma, btech, ba etc doing a job of 10k/month dey cal it oyes. so, let dat dude begin wit dat, so dat he wil av experience for a beta job ahead.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by gaetano: 9:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
angry
If i hear. Instead make i just go buy cartons of gala go sell for mile2.

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 11, 2015
If closing hour is 5pm and no work during weekend, i'll accept it.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by Alexisu: 9:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
With the way I am idle right now, I would take it.

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by eghuan1(m): 11:47pm On Jul 11, 2015
when idleness catch you, even you self no go know when u go collect that job. I don do job for lagos for 10k for five months with t.fare and feeding inside that o, b4 I come get another one for Benin for 30k, worked for a year. but now am my own boss. dude better start from somewhere than expecting that 120k job. My own opinion sha.

5 Likes

Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by LuckyLadolce(m): 11:47pm On Jul 11, 2015
If it's trekkable from ur house, take It up frnd! It's better off staying idle. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by MVLOX(m): 12:46am On Jul 12, 2015
I go rush am sharp sharp....sumtimes God wants u to be humble so dat u can beta handle d bigger job later.....besides if u don't start small hw do u get the needed experience for the big job? Am talking from personal experience

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by nkemjacob2(m): 8:44am On Jul 12, 2015
my brother even lagos wey i dey na 15k i dey receive...

2 Likes

Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by asscb(f): 8:56am On Jul 12, 2015
Went to a private uni..spent more than 5M... and you expect me to take a shitty pay shocked shocked

Hell No!!!

I no my levels smiley
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by amokeme(f): 9:06am On Jul 12, 2015
asscb:
Went to a private uni..spent more than 5M... and you expect me to take a shitty pay shocked shocked

Hell No!!!

I no my levels smiley
lol.. For your mind abi cheesy

Honestly, I won't take it too angry
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by asscb(f): 9:09am On Jul 12, 2015
amokeme:

grin kiss

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 12, 2015
asscb:

Hell No!!!

I no my levels smiley
Lol.. I went to a private uni too... my current job is 20k buh I trek frm my home... wat will u say bout dat?

3 Likes

Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by WisdomTank: 10:25am On Jul 12, 2015
Right now I will boldly take up such job opportunity without delay not because the pay is OK but because I need the little pay am gonna be paid to sustain and keep myself going.

I once turned down a teaching job of 20k and another one of 18k just because I was hopeful of securing one other lucrative job offer like that but here I am still to get something to take care of me and my sweet mother.

As it is now, I am more than willing to take up jobs with such salary tags at least to stay alive first. The little proceeds I will be getting from there would go a long way in addressing some of my needs and I could save something that I would use for TP to interview or to buy MB to come to Nairaland to look for job.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by Nature129(m): 10:52am On Jul 12, 2015
OP, if I were you, I'd take up the job for 3 reasons:

1. I need to keep boredom and frustration far away from me.

2. Also, I need to be in an environment where I would be meeting people, telling them I need a better job and sharing my CV. Yes, you'll also make new friends (colleagues) who feel bad because of the meagre pay and you'll follow in the steps they are taking to get better job.

3. I'd take it because I need practical/work experience. You'd be no different from a guy who just passed out ystday if you keep staying at home. So most times, you need work experience to get good jobs. Employers need people with work experience so that they could trust them enough to give them stuff to do unlike a graduate who just passed out. Eg, if you have a degree in Comp Sci and someone offers to pay you 20k for you to write programs, you'll accept it because after perfecting in the job for 6months, you'll see employers begging to pay you 120k for the same job. That's how life is.

So, swallow your pride and face the harsh reality in Nigeria OR keep waiting for that big jobs which are non-existent.

4 Likes

Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by asscb(f): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2015
crixtex:

Lol.. I went to a private uni too... my current job is 20k buh I trek frm my home... wat will u say bout dat?
I know my levels wink

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
asscb:
I know my levels wink
lol bro hehehe... wats d least amount u can accept, and wat sch did u finish frm..tnx?
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
amokeme:

My COVEN-ant baby how far....
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by asscb(f): 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
crixtex:

lol bro hehehe... wats d least amount u can accept, and wat sch did u finish frm..tnx?
angry
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by asscb(f): 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
crixtex:

Stalk!

Someone is watching....Pm me grin grin
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
asscb:
Stalk!
Someone is watching....Pm me grin grin
lol.. ok..
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by amokeme(f): 12:30pm On Jul 12, 2015
crixtex:

sad
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by obinna2nv(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
Desperately pathetic.... But hard times call for drastic measures.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by asscb(f): 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
crixtex:

My honeypie shocked shocked

Thread carefully grin
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by asscb(f): 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
obinna2nv:
Desperately pathetic.... But hard times call for drastic measures.
cool
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by Elegantdiva: 12:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
I went to a private uni too...I earn 20k.. spend 4k on transport...2k for tithe ....

3 Likes

Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by Oriafo123: 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
eghuan1:
when idleness catch you, even you self no go know when u go collect that job. I don do job for lagos for 10k for five months with t.fare and feeding inside that o, b4 I come get another one for Benin for 30k, worked for a year. but now am my own boss. dude better start from somewhere than expecting that 120k job. My own opinion sha.
I hail ur decision bro
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
asscb:
My honeypie shocked shocked
Thread carefully grin
lol.. hahaha... I ve a score to settle with her...
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
amokeme:
sad
My coven-ANT sweedy..
Re: Can You As A Graduate Take Up A Job Of 20K? by justfree1(m): 1:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
@OP Like most people have said, it's better you get doing something instead of staying idle. From there you could be exposed to better opportunity which you seek. Just make sure you give your best even with the little pay, it's a seed for the future smiley. Wishing you best of God.

If you are currently in Akure and would be interested in a business project that wouldn't affect whatever you currently do, with unlimited income potential kiss WhatsApp me +2347O644829I6 for more details. STRICTLY FOR THOSE IN AKURE PLEASE Have a lovely day ahead.

(1) (2) (Reply)

200 Job Vacancies With A Reputable Organisation / Christmas Hampers / Say This Prayer Before Going For A Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.