Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:07 AM

Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? (1762 Views)

Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave / Lady Who Left Her Hostel At Gbagada For A Party On The Island Missing (Photos) / Pictures Of Lady Who Brought Her Maid To Fan Her In Salon Go Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by whitec: 6:32am On Jul 12, 2015
Good morning Nlanders. please i have an issue that is bothering me for some time now. There is a lady i mate recently, she is currently serving around my place. l have being observing her and she seems to be a good lady and i'm thinking of taking a step further; like knowing her more and eventually propose to her God's will, but the issue now is she is older than me. In fact she is 32 and i'm 30. Please is it right and advisable for me to marry her?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Tallesty1(m): 6:40am On Jul 12, 2015
Not advisable.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by buzquet(m): 6:42am On Jul 12, 2015
U wi neva knw d repercussion nw, wait until 5 to 10yrs nw, dats wen u will knw u don marry ur boss
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 12, 2015
Just 2 yrs? Have you heard the story about Peter and lola?
2 yrs small nna.Wife her if she is the type that respects. Simples!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 12, 2015
buzquet:
U wi neva knw d repercussion nw, wait until 5 to 10yrs nw, dats wen u will knw u don marry ur boss

How you take know that one?
My mama senior my papa and my dad is still the BOSS undecided undecided
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
Not advisable.

And why is that?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Joromi1: 6:49am On Jul 12, 2015
Sorry, but that doesn't work in Nigeria
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Hazardd(m): 6:50am On Jul 12, 2015
EggovinMma:

How you take know that one?
My mama senior my papa and my dad is still the BOSS undecided undecided
sister, what of if it is your mama that pay her pride price by herself..agreement must be in place before such happens lol
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Yustash001(m): 6:54am On Jul 12, 2015
There's no big deal...go for her if you truly love her..BTW 2 years difference isn't much...
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 12, 2015
Hazardd:

sister, what of if it is your mama that pay her pride price by herself..agreement must be in place before such happens lol

And if it happens is it bad? Look around you, some ladies help their men out during weddings, it doesn't matter who is older or younger.
you can still marry a younger wife and she still may not respect you.
Since he said the girl seemed wifely, so na 2 yrs gap kon be the main obstacle ?
What a flimsy excuse!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by ibkgab001: 6:57am On Jul 12, 2015
Is INTROVERT here
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by INTROVERT(f): 7:00am On Jul 12, 2015
ibkgab001:
Is INTROVERT here

That's your own comment abi. grin

If you love her and she agree and you are fully aware of the disadvantages and still wish to proceed.

Then I say carry on. grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by ibkgab001: 7:02am On Jul 12, 2015
Wow wwwwww

Laughing out louder
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by 5minsmadness: 7:16am On Jul 12, 2015
Not a good idea.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by onyekachee(f): 7:18am On Jul 12, 2015
Of course I can,there is nothing wrong in having a boy toy
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by fatdon2(m): 7:26am On Jul 12, 2015
It doesnt matter
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by whitec: 7:28am On Jul 12, 2015
INTROVERT, what are the " disadvantages"?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Artistree: 7:50am On Jul 12, 2015
Op, it doesn't matter dear. A younger but more disrespectful lady is no better, is it?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by whitec: 11:20am On Jul 12, 2015
Youngr and disrespectful is worst

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by crackhaus: 11:45am On Jul 12, 2015
Why don't you get to know her more before thinking of marrying her...
Where are you running to?

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Hazardd(m): 12:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
EggovinMma:

And if it happens is it bad? Look around you, some ladies help their men out during weddings, it doesn't matter who is older or younger.
you can still marry a younger wife and she still may not respect you.
Since he said the girl seemed wifely, so na 2 yrs gap kon be the main obstacle ?
What a flimsy excuse!
some girls normally degrees their age, who know iof she is using like 10years to senior the young guy...
the awkward moment is when you are with your girl and your friends will come and ask '' bros is this your mother or abi your anty'' grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Jorussia(m): 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2015
Forget about the girl,go for the ones younger than you.There is nothing good about marrying a lady that is older than you.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by efemenaslectura: 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
Age is just a number. It's about what you want
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
Respect is the key word..

Older,younger... I think what matters is how much she's willing to respect you. And you willing to love her...

If she's respectful then it's okay.

Just take it one step at a time.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
Hazardd:

some girls normally degrees their age, who know iof she is using like 10years to senior the young guy...
the awkward moment is when you are with your girl and your friends will come and ask '' bros is this your mother or abi your anty'' grin

But no be for two yrs gap.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by cococandy(f): 2:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
She's even two yrs older.

I thought it's a matter of 7-10yrs.

I don't see any reason why you should be concerned as long as you see great qualities in her.

It's not like you're a baby yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Hazardd(m): 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
EggovinMma:

But no be for two yrs gap.
is not right.. Well sha they said, love is blind...but not to my side
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 12, 2015
Hazardd:

is not right..
Well sha they said, love is blind...but not to my side

Well, I think the age gap is too little to be ggiven a thought sef.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by Isaacmacdon(m): 3:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
cococandy:
She's even two yrs older.

I thought it's a matter of 7-10yrs.

I don't see any reason why you should be concerned as long as you see great qualities in her.

It's not like you're a baby yourself.
Gbam!!!!! I wonder y in our society today... Marrying a lady older dan u(2yrs at most) is kinda rare... To me I feel dating a girl older dan my age is quite cool(lol tho m 74 sha.. as per nairaland).... Interesting let me brandish it dat way.... I feel nd love d maturity... a lady who knows how to carry herself,take care of herself..
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by cococandy(f): 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
Isaacmacdon:
Gbam!!!!! I wonder y in our society today... Marrying a lady older dan u(2yrs at most) is kinda rare... To me I feel dating a girl older dan my age is quite cool(lol tho m 74 sha.. as per nairaland).... Interesting let me brandish it dat way.... I feel nd love d maturity... a lady who knows how to carry herself,take care of herself..
good
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by DonTim1: 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
If she respects u
If you aren't after beauty
If you will take ur time to know eachother before even thinking mariage, by all means.

But as som1 who's experienced both side of the coin, .....(U just read my mind grin)

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry A Lady Who Is Older By Age? by whitec: 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
she is my kind of woman. The major concearn both of us is age. She is even willing and ready to go with me. Very humble person i must say

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men! What Will You Do If Your Father Inlaw Slaps You? / Surprise Your Woman With This... / Oya Drop Your Christmas Wish Now..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.