Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,092 members, 7,899,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 10:16 PM

Incredible! 20-year-old Stabs Friend To Death Over N10,000 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Incredible! 20-year-old Stabs Friend To Death Over N10,000 (776 Views)

“life As President Muhammadu Buhari’s Daughter” – 20-year-old Zahra Speaks / 19-year Old Stabs Father 30 Times Till He Died / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Incredible! 20-year-old Stabs Friend To Death Over N10,000 by nwosas(m): 6:54am On Mar 08, 2009
Nasamu street in the densely populated Ajegunle area of Lagos is again in the news. First, it was the protest of the residents over illegal parking of commercial buses along the street which were in turn used as haven for criminal activities.
Then, one of the conductors mistakenly started the ignition of one of the commercial buses, only for it to run over a bean cake seller and a primary school pupil who however, escaped death by the whiskers. The incident which sparked off violent protest against the commercial bus drivers eventually led to the evacuation of the buses from the street. That was two years ago.
Two weeks ago, there was an uproar at the end of the street following the death of a 27-year-old man, Anayo Egesimnba, who was allegedly stabbed to death by one of his acquaintances. The late Anayo, who owned a music shop was sent to an unprepared grave penultimate day, during a fight with his assailant, 20-year-old Afam Samuel, who is currently cooling his heels in the dreaded Lagos State Criminal Investigations Department(SCID) Panti.
In a chat with crime guard, Afam who wore a remorseful look all through, apparently never bargained for all that transpired within what he described as 'a twinkle of an eye'. If it were possible to turn back the hands of the clock, Afam would have wished he never insisted on collecting his money from the deceased during an argument that brought him to where he presently is.
He recalled with nostalgia, how he left his home town in Imo state for Lagos in search of greener pasture, about nine years ago. And with a promise to behave himself in a proper manner, he bid his folks goodbye,
On arriving Lagos, he stayed put with his uncle's in Ajegunle, where he was enrolled in one of the secondary schools in Tolu Village and after school hours, he helped his uncle to sell in his provisions store.
On how he got himself entangled in a murder case, he said, " Along the line, I made acquaintance with the deceased, Anayo. I was always going to spend time with him in his shop. So, during one of our stay, he suggested I should be contributing N1000 every month with him. He said by the time the money got to a reasonable amount, I could use it to set up any business of my choice, that I won't have to wait for anyone then.
"I actually started contributing the sum last year. I used to collect the money from my uncle's sales At times I will collect N200, at times N100 and at times less, depending on each day's sales, until the end of the month when it would have amounted to N1000. But at a point, I started getting fed up with the way I was stealing from my uncle because business was no longer the way it used to be. I started having a change of heart because the man in question has been good to me. It is not easy for one to go to the village and pick somebody, accommodate him and take him to school. Also, I started losing confidence in Anayo, as I reasoned he might not be keeping the money for me apteral.
"So, on 22nd of February, 2009, I made up my mind and walked up to him in the shop and told him I was no longer going to be contributing the sum with him. Immediately I said it, his looks changed. I noticed he was not happy. But rather than responding, he said I should get out of his shop calling me a small boy. I did not say anything because that was his way. I insisted he gave me time to come and collect my money.
At that point, he became serious and ordered me out, saying he would teach me a lesson I would live to remember all my life. But I remained on my standing position. I could not shout because of what my uncle would do to me if he got to know about my deed.
"He then brought out a knife and threatened to stab me to death since I was the one that came to his shop. Making good his threat, he attempted to stab me in the chest but I prevented it with my hand. You can see the bandage on my three fingers. They were the injuries I received when he attempted to stab me thrice. As he was doing that, he kept ordering me out. At a point, he stabbed me on the thigh and I fell. When I saw him charging forward, I knew he meant business and I thought I had to act fast by defending myself before he killed me.
"That was when I picked a bottle on the ground, broke it and stabbed him as he lifted his hand to stab me again. I noticed he fell down and could not stand up. I then decided to take to my heels before he would charge at me in a fury. As I made to leave, I noticed he was still on the ground. And just then he let out a shout which attracted people inside. I was later told he died before he could be rushed to the hospital. I swear to God,I never meant to kill him", he said with all sincerity.
The suspect, according to spokesman for the Lagos State Police Command, Mr Frank Mba would soon be arraigned in court.
Re: Incredible! 20-year-old Stabs Friend To Death Over N10,000 by kosovo(m): 6:59am On Mar 08, 2009
Pathetic
Re: Incredible! 20-year-old Stabs Friend To Death Over N10,000 by yousouph(m): 8:23am On Mar 08, 2009
Sorry boy. A good lawyer can help in proving it was done in defence. Only if u can get 1
Re: Incredible! 20-year-old Stabs Friend To Death Over N10,000 by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 08, 2009
@poster, bring more of such News so many others can learn their lessons one way or the other. Sorry boi, u need a gud lawyer to get u off that net cage. Pray hard
Re: Incredible! 20-year-old Stabs Friend To Death Over N10,000 by MrCrackles(m): 10:08am On Mar 08, 2009
OMG! shocked
Re: Incredible! 20-year-old Stabs Friend To Death Over N10,000 by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 08, 2009
kosovo:

Pathetic
gbam.
Re: Incredible! 20-year-old Stabs Friend To Death Over N10,000 by oderemo(m): 1:16pm On Mar 08, 2009
you need to pray hard to get out of this one . i pity you, seriously i do.

(1) (Reply)

140 Nigerian Deportees Arrive From Libya / 1000 Ijaws Silenced by the Military- I Thought The VP is Ijaw? / Our Hands Are Tied On Gas Flaring For Now: Sack Mr Odein Ajumogobia Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.