Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:44 AM

Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. (36476 Views)

The Biggest 2015 Summer Transfers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 7:50am On Aug 15, 2015
These are the positives I took from the game.

1. Our defence is looking very solid. We hardly looked in danger yesterday apart from a spell early in the second half. Darmian and Smalling have been superb and our midfield is helping to shield the defence. 2 games 2 clean sheet's. Romero hardly broke a sweat.

2. Memphis Deepay looked dangerous. He was unlucky not to score. His movement off the ball was impressive and he helped stretch the defence. He is still adapting and I believe when he fully adapts he will be dangerous

3. Januzaj may have found his position. Sure he got knocked off the ball a few times but the ref wasn't giving him any protection. At least one or two of those should have been fouls. He helped link attack and midfield and his running off the ball was intelligent.

4. Schweinsteiger will be immense for us this season. If he stays fit we've got a player in our hands. He totally bossed the midfield when he came on Villa hardly had a sniff of the ball. It's a blessing that we have both him and Carrick.

4. Mata looked lively. Se*y through balls and passes. If we have the right movement in front of him we're In for a good season. Lost the ball dangerously in our half a few times though. Has to be less ponderous on the ball.

5. Two games two wins. It's important to build early momentum. The attack will eventually click. Also we can all comfortably sit back and hope for our rivals to lose points this weekend.

Bring on clubbe Brugge.

#GGMU
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 7:59am On Aug 15, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:
These are the positives I took from the game.

1. Our defence is looking very solid. We hardly looked in danger yesterday apart from a spell early in the second half. Darmian and Smalling have been superb and our midfield is helping to shield the defence. 2 games 2 clean sheet's. Romero hardly broke a sweat.

2. Memphis Deepay looked dangerous. He was unlucky not to score. His movement off the ball was impressive and he helped stretch the defence. He is still adapting and I believe when he fully adapts he will be dangerous

3. Januzaj may have found his position. Sure he got knocked off the ball a few times but the ref wasn't giving him any protection. At least one or two of those should have been fouls. He helped link attack and midfield and his running off the ball was intelligent.

4. Schweinsteiger will be immense for us this season. If he stays fit we've got a player in our hands. He totally bossed the midfield when he came on Villa hardly had a sniff of the ball. It's a blessing that we have both him and Carrick.

4. Mata looked lively. Se*y through balls and passes. If we have the right movement in front of him we're In for a good season. Lost the ball dangerously in our half a few times though. Has to be less ponderous on the ball.

5. Two games two wins. It's important to build early momentum. The attack will eventually click. Also we can all comfortably sit back and hope for our rivals to lose points this weekend.

Bring on clubbe Brugge.

#GGMU

well, 1st of all,our defense hasnt really been tested,we have not had a wothy opposition..do you think blind wud play defense against mancity,chelsea or arsenal...i still remember hw harry kane split our defense in d opening match...we still need an xperienced cb

2nd....memphis was poor in d final third yesterday,i think he is tensed and wants to overdo,he shud just calm down and play

yes januzaj is very good,but i think that no 10 position shud b mata's...i still feel that if januzaj gets d right coach,his best position shud b on d wings...most typical num 10 are not really pacey

finally..lvg needs to think of how to score club brugge goals..cos we dont have a striker..even pedro alone wont solve dx issues
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 8:16am On Aug 15, 2015
dubylhover:

well, 1st of all,our defense hasnt really been tested,we have not had a wothy opposition..do you think blind wud play defense against mancity,chelsea or arsenal...i still remember hw harry kane split our defense in d opening match...we still need an xperienced cb

2nd....memphis was poor in d final third yesterday,i think he is tensed and wants to overdo,he shud just calm down and play

yes januzaj is very good,but i think that no 10 position shud b mata's...i still feel that if januzaj gets d right coach,his best position shud b on d wings...most typical num 10 are not really pacey

finally..lvg needs to think of how to score club brugge goals..cos we dont have a striker..even pedro alone wont solve dx issues
Januzaj has always been a natural 10 and not a winger. Also mata started out as a winger and not a ten. Mata is a playmaker and can do it from the wings. Silva has been playing exactly the same role for city for the last few years and it has worked superbly.

A playmaker doesn't always have to play from the center. Even De Bruyne usually plays from the wing for wolfsburg and he got 20 assists last season.

Deepay was good last night. His movement and runs helped us create chances. Over time his end product will improve as he adapts.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 8:30am On Aug 15, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

Januzaj has always been a natural 10 and not a winger. Also mata started out as a winger and not a ten. Mata is a playmaker and can do it from the wings. Silva has been playing exactly the same role for city for the last few years and it has worked superbly.

A playmaker doesn't always have to play from the center. Even De Bruyne usually plays from the wing for wolfsburg and he got 20 assists last season.

Deepay was good last night. His movement and runs helped us create chances. Over time his end product will improve as he adapts.
its no suprise that januzaj best season under moyes was from d flanks.....silva is different frm mata..city had milner nasri navas on d flanks...silva cud shift into d flanks at times but he plays more centrally for city.....de bruyne played directly behind dost..not frm d flanks..they had schurrle and one other winger lyk that..de bruyne was d player behind d striker..

to me depay was really poor yesterday..he needs to improve...if we do sign pedro,mata wont play frm d flanks any longer
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 15, 2015
Lilprincey:

LVG says hernadez is not for sale. Man.utd is short of fire power in the attack. After Rooney we have hernadez as backup..

Rooney is being given a preferential treatment too much and until it costs us in a big match lvg won't listen. If this continues city might win the league with a goal difference while we trail behind with sane point and lesser goals. 2 matches 2 goals while à top club plays 2 matches with about 5 goals.

Typical of a striker that promised 30goals in one season if played top front all season.

Hernández should start next match. I miss him too much already.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
Largas:

Rooney is being given a preferential treatment too much and until it costs us in a big match lvg won't listen. If this continues city might win the league with a goal difference while we trail behind with sane point and lesser goals. 2 matches 2 goals while à top club plays 2 matches with about 5 goals.

Typical of a striker that promised 30goals in one season if played top front all season.

thats y till today i tell pipo that sir alex na juju man..he so knows how to read games..during his last season pipo thought it was mostly personal that sir alex wasnt using rooney as a striker or sometimes as a mf...imagine against real madrid at old trafford,rooney was dropped..sir alex knew that rooney was done..in his book he said it..even schoolsey wrote it in his blog..roo has peaked..he is in decline now..if by sep 2 and its still rooney as our top 9,united fans shud just forget d title..cos even if we get pedro,hes no messi or suarez
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 8:36am On Aug 16, 2015
Largas:

We need to stop repeating the phrase rooney is a bad player. We all know that.

Rooney has always been a streaky player right from a young age. He could play awfully for 4 games then be world class for the next 3 games. its just something we'll have to live with this season.

I hope pedro is the last attacker we sign this window. Our attack is already disjointed because the players are still adapting to each other. Even Mata said that. When the squad gels and gets used to each others movement and tendencies I think we'll see a very good man utd side.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

We need to stop repeating the phrase rooney is a bad player. We all know that.

Rooney has always been a streaky player right from a young age. He could play awfully for 4 games then be world class for the next 3 games. its just something we'll have to live with this season.

I hope pedro is the last attacker we sign this window. Our attack is already disjointed because the players are still adapting to each other. Even Mata said that. When the squad gels and gets used to each others movement and tendencies I think we'll see a very good man utd side.

We can continue managing Rooney whilst Agüero scores more goals and city will finally win the league with a goal difference with United trailing behind in second with equal points.

Similar to what happened in 2012 abi n'a 2011. We may keep winning matches, but leagues can be won with goal différence and United dont score many goals these days.

Let us look on. I just hope you won't regret this thing you keep reiterating that with Rooney we can lift the league.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
Largas:

We can continue managing Rooney whilst Agüero scores more goals and city will finally win the league with a goal difference with United trailing behind in second with equal points.

Similar to what happened in 2012 abi n'a 2011. We may keep winning matches, but leagues can be won with goal différence and United dont score many goals these days.

Let us look on. I just hope you won't regret this thing you keep reiterating that with Rooney we can lift the league.
I don't have high hopes for us to win the league this season. Next season is more realistic. We will challenge but eventually fall off.

Our squad was really mediocre and has gone through a full scale reconstruction. Ferguson only retired two seasons ago but only DDG, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Carrick, Young and Rooney are left from his time. And only about 3 or 4 will be first team regulars. The squad has changed massively in a short period of time. They need time to get their act together.

United fans need to be patient. We could win one of the cup competitions this season but the serious title challenge will come next season.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

I don't have high hopes for us to win the league this season. Next season is more realistic. We will challenge but eventually fall off.

Our squad was really mediocre and has gone through a full scale reconstruction. Ferguson only retired two seasons ago but only DDG, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Carrick, Young and Rooney are left from his time. And only about 3 or 4 will be first team regulars. The squad has changed massively in a short period of time. They need time to get their act together.

United fans need to be patient. We could win one of the cup competitions this season but the serious title challenge will come next season.

we dont need much work like that..we just need a world class 9..did yu watch aguero today?
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

LUIS Enrique came to camp nou in Barcelona and in his first year as Barcelona coach he won three major trophies. Champions league, la liga and copa d'rey I think. And similar to United they had a trophy less season before Luis Enrique emerged. Just as United had trophiless season before van Gaal emerged.

Look United is a big team and nothing is impossible. He has splashed above 200million in the market and this is his second year at United why don't he deliver the premier league. If barca can do it United too can.

You want us to become a mediocre team and I don't accept it. Saying United can challenge for the title next season is disappointing as a united fan.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 16, 2015
dubylhover:

we dont need much work like that..we just need a world class 9..did yu watch aguero today?

Rooney should watch city match today and learn plenty from kun agüero.

The media is awash with criticisms of Wayne Rooney. In 180 minutes (two matches), he has no shot on target.

Imagine!!!!!

I repeat Rooney is in the first team because of sentiments. LvG criticised Januzaj for losing possession couple of times even though the 20 year old scored the winning goal.

The yeye coach left the flop of the match in the person of Rooney. A top 9 without shot on target, who keeps losing possession and giving inaccurate passes even a guy like this gets no criticism and the goal scorer gets.

I repeat, Rooney won't up his game unless he is told the blatant rule and given the bad tongue by the cash. Shaw was given the blunt tongue by the coach last year and he went on personal training with a personal coach and januzaj and he emerged better this season.

Rooney should be given same hard treatment. No player is too big for United after all. Sentiments won't give us trophies.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
Largas:

LUIS Enrique came to camp nou in Barcelona and in his first year as Barcelona coach he won three major trophies. Champions league, la ligd they had a trophy less season before Luis Enrique emerged. Just as United had trophiless season before van Gaal emerged.

Look United is a big team and nothing is impossible. He has splashed above 200million in the market and this is his second year at United why don't he deliver the premier league. If barca can do it United too can.

You want us to become a mediocre team and I don't accept it. Saying United can challenge for the title next season is disappointing as a united fan.
Dude! We should try to be realistic; we can't challenge for Trophies this season. Hopefully we gonna be among the favorites or strongest Contenders next season. I was not encouraged with our first two matches. We didn't play like a Team who is ready to ouster the incumbent Champion and becomes the next Champion!
Our Players are yet to gel up and play well as a formidable team to beat! Losing and misplacing passes recklessly, toothless Striker upfront, poor Playmaker to orchestrate the rhythm, so many errors in the Players, cos I can't blame the formation.
Maybe we should be patient for like 10 matches, then we gonna decide whether the Team is a genuine Contender or otherwise!
Meanwhile, I am proudly a United Fan!!!
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 8:02pm On Aug 16, 2015
Largas:

LUIS Enrique came to camp nou in Barcelona and in his first year as Barcelona coach he won three major trophies. Champions league, la liga and copa d'rey I think. And similar to United they had a trophy less season before Luis Enrique emerged. Just as United had trophiless season before van Gaal emerged.

Luis Enrique had Messi Suárez and Neymar. LVG didnt.

Y'all need to be realistic and logical with your expectations. Of course I'll be delighted if we win the title this season but I know it's a long shot.

This is a new team with players from different leagues and nationalities who are not used to each other yet.

Wonder why city are playing so well? Their squad has been together for years and are used to each others pattern. Same with Chelsea and Arsenal.

Our players are still getting used to each other. When that happens we'll be one of the best teams in England again
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
Largas:

The media is awash with criticisms of Wayne Rooney. In 180 minutes (two matches), he has no shot on target.

Imagine!!!!!

I repeat Rooney is in the first team because of sentiments. LvG criticised Januzaj for losing possession couple of times even though the 20 year old scored the winning goal.

The yeye coach left the flop of the match in the person of Rooney. A top 9 without shot on target, who keeps losing possession and giving inaccurate passes even a guy like this gets no criticism and the goal scorer gets.

I repeat, Rooney won't up his game unless he is told the blatant rule and given the bad tongue by the cash. Shaw was given the blunt tongue by the coach last year and he went on personal training with a personal coach and januzaj and he emerged better this season.

Rooney should be given same hard treatment. No player is too big for United after all. Sentiments won't give us trophies.
The Coach did criticize him and Depay for their recklessness respectively. He did mention Januzaj, and subsequently mention Rooney and Depay. Thus he didn't pin down the blame on Januzaj alone. Januzaj admits himself that he's kinda not too fit yet but promise to up his game and fights for his place in the first eleven!
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
Largas:

Imagine!!!!!

d thing is not rooney shud learn from aguero,he cant..he has already peaked..and any manu fan that thinks rooney leading our attack wud make us carry epl is building castles in d air...if we are to b sincere to our selves,currently rooney shudnt start for us...i have been saying this since sir alex left..rooney is no longer a lethal striker..he cud score goals here and dr..but he is in decline now
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 8:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Dude! We should try to be realistic; we can't challenge for Trophies this season. Hopefully we gonna be among the favorites or strongest Contenders next season. I was not encouraged with our first two matches. We didn't play like a Team who is ready to ouster the incumbent Champion and becomes the next Champion!
Our Players are yet to gel up and play well as a formidable team to beat! Losing and misplacing passes recklessly, toothless Striker upfront, poor Playmaker to orchestrate the rhythm, so many errors in the Players, cos I can't blame the formation.
Maybe we should be patient for like 10 matches, then we gonna decide whether the Team is a genuine Contender or otherwise!
Meanwhile, I am proudly a United Fan!!!

y cant we challange for at least d epl dx season..we have spent above 300m in 2 seasons.what for?d excuse for d poor start last season was that lvg was tied down in wc and dr wasnt much time for him in pre season nd lvg complained that d journey d players travelled in pre season disturbed them...fast forward a yr later..he was with d players fuu time in pre season,nd he actually liked our travelling schedule..i am not criticizing lvg dis season,at least we are winning..but y ar yu saying that we cant challange for trophies...we shud,thats y we need a striker
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
dubylhover:

y cant we challange for at least d epl dx season..we have spent above 300m in 2 seasons.what for?d excuse for d poor start last season was that lvg was tied down in wc and dr wasnt much time for him in pre season nd lvg complained that d journey d players travelled in pre season disturbed them...fast forward a yr later..he was with d players fuu time in pre season,nd he actually liked our travelling schedule..i am not criticizing lvg dis season,at least we are winning..but y ar yu saying that we cant challange for trophies...we shud,thats y we need a striker
Ever since madrid signed Ronaldo how many millions have they spent? how many trophies have they won?

We've spent money yes but team Chemistry is important and that will build over time.

My only qualm with the team now is the fact that Rooney is captain. The role doesn't fit him. If it was possible I wish LVG would give the captaincy to Bastian
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

Ever since madrid signed Ronaldo how many millions have they spent? how many trophies have they won?

We've spent money yes but team Chemistry is important and that will build over time.

My only qualm with the team now is the fact that Rooney is captain. The role doesn't fit him. If it was possible I wish LVG would give the captaincy to Bastian
You nailed it man! It's not about signing, it's about getting the Team's chemistry right! Chicharito would bang goals if he's given the chance to lead the attack! Rooney is peaked, and I would rather play him as No 10 than playing as a sole Striker for the Team. I hope Chicharito gets more playing time this season, I strongly believe he's gonna displaced Rooney as Mata displaced Di Maria. LVG is an experienced Manager who cares not about Player's pedigree (based on his record). He's a no non-sense Manager! I believe he's gonna do the needful with regards to Rooney's poor performances! Remember, Rooney is the captain of the England Team, he's just looking a cogent reason (undeniable opportunity) to justify his exclusion from the Team (just in case he fails to deliver).
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 11:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

anyways i just hope this season wud b good for us
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 12:38am On Aug 17, 2015
Rooney has had enouqh bashing this few weeks. I think the rotation policy is still qiven him problem. I know Rooney will come over it and prove decisive for us dis season.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 7:28am On Aug 17, 2015
im a mourinho fan..he has d same mentality with sir alex...mou had d guts to remove terry his captain..it wud ginger terry more...lvg cud take a page from dis book
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
dubylhover:

d thing is not rooney shud learn from aguero,he cant..he has already peaked..and any manu fan that thinks rooney leading our attack wud make us carry epl is building castles in d air...if we are to b sincere to our selves,currently rooney shudnt start for us...i have been saying this since sir alex left..rooney is no longer a lethal striker..he cud score goals here and dr..but he is in decline now

Anyway guys thanks for the information.

Meanwhile what time is our match agast clube brugge tomorrow?
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
Largas:

Anyway guys thanks for the information.

Meanwhile what time is our match agast clube brugge tomorrow?

7 45pm....if yu guys knw d way i'm scared of dat mach en...i just pray they dont score us 2mao..herrera shud start since lvg said he is defensive minded
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
dubylhover:

7 45pm....if yu guys knw d way i'm scared of dat mach en...i just pray they dont score us 2mao..herrera shud start since lvg said he is defensive minded

Thank you. For the fact that they qualified to play tomorrow means they are no small team and I can't state certainly we will win.

Unless there will be a deflection and defo ungoal because that's what we score these days.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2015
Largas:

Thank you. For the fact that they qualified to play tomorrow means they are no small team and I can't state certainly we will win.

Unless there will be a deflection and defo ungoal because that's what we score these days.

if drz any mach dat rooney wants to prove his critics wrong,he needs to step up against club brugge....i fear dis mach more than even facing man city

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 9:07am On Aug 18, 2015
Woodward flies to barcelona to complete pedro deal..
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 9:28am On Aug 18, 2015
Lilprincey:
Woodward flies to barcelona to complete pedro deal..

I also read on Supersport BLITZ that Pedro has agreed personal terms with us.

What also cut my attention is that Ed Woodward scouted the Athletico Bilbao's CB Aymeric Laporte because Ed was in the stadium watching that match.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 1:41pm On Aug 18, 2015
Brytawon:

What also cut my attention is that Ed Woodward scouted the Athletico Bilbao's CB Aymeric Laporte because Ed was in the stadium watching that match.
Laporte is a very good young defender. But Bilbao do not sell their players unless u meet the players release clause.

It think Laporte's clause is about 40 million pounds
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2015
Brytawon:

Pedro is man.united last signing..
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by dubylhover(m): 5:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

Laporte is a very good young defender. But Bilbao do not sell their players unless u meet the players release clause.

It think Laporte's clause is about 40 million pounds

yea basque players dont come cheap..up until i think 3 yrs ago,all bilbao starting players are home grown,so thats y they sell xpensive
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
Manchester united 3 Club Brugge 1

5 Things i learnt from the match
1) Memphis is a beast. Man.utd fans should expect more from him.
2) Our defence is atleast improving everyday. Smalling is top notch just dat he passes the ball too much to Romero.
3) Darmian is not qetting much protection from mata down the riqht flank. He has been yellow carded on all our games.
4) LVG should qive hernadez more playing time. I love his movements in the box
5) Fellaini would score more goals than Rooney, if started in a striker position.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 29th April 2018 / Manchester United Vs Aston Villa (0 - 1) On 25th September 2021 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 6th November 2022

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.