Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,507 members, 7,885,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 01:07 AM

My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) (1230 Views)

Huawei Kill 10 Pro Photographed In The Hands Of A User / My Experience In The Hands Of MTN Nigeria Whatsapp Care [see Pictures] / My Ordeal With A "Captain" At Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) by ekiloui(f): 8:03am On Jul 15, 2015
I got a iPhone recently which uses a micro sim, since I didn't previously own a micro sim I had to buy one. On monday I bought a sim and registered it, but the person I bought the sim from seemed to be in a hurry and I felt he didn't register it. I asked him to give me his number just incase the sim wasn't properly registered and he did.

On tuesday, I got the iPhone and needed to activate it either by using itunes or via the internet, since my itunes isn't really up to date I decided to use the airtel sim card. I put it in another phone loaded airtime in it and did a subscription which cost me N1,300. I tried using it but it refused to work, I then called the customer care rep of airtel who didn't tell me anything important, he just kept saying "I'm working on it." It was when I mentioned it was a new sim card that he said "the sim isn't even fully registered." I got upset, and asked why they should even let me be able to make and receive calls with an unregistered line, talk more of recharging and subscribing, when the guy didn't say anything, I just dropped the call. I used my Dad's airtel line to make this call.

This morning I woke up and found out that my dad's airtel line had been blocked. Since I was the last person who used it I decided to call the call centre again, I reported that the last thing that was done with the line was the call I put through to them last night, and I also explained my reason for calling them last night. The customer care rep asked me for my phone number to check if the sim was really not registered and for my dad's sim to check why it was blocked. On checking my sim he said "this sim has been blocked ma" I asked why and he gave the flimsy excuse of it being a new sim. I told him they had no right to block a sim I started using last night, registered or not. And on why the other sim was blocked he said it was because of "network" I have been using phones for over a decade now and I've never heard that network blocks lines.

I suspect both lines were blocked my the customer care rep I spoke to last night, because I do not believe in coincidence. The only offence I must have committed is cutting the call when he couldn't profer any solution, blocking my line and my dad's line for no reason is what I can't phantom.

I need your opinion on the appropriate authority to report this case to, I can't imagine a service provider inconveniencing and oppressing it's paying customers in such a way.

Sorry for the long rant I just needed to fully explain the situation, so I can get your views.

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) by TDonald: 8:13am On Jul 15, 2015
Try porting to a better network AIRTEL are Scammers

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) by ekiloui(f): 8:25am On Jul 15, 2015
TDonald:

The problem is that I've already loaded airtime on the sim and subscribed. As soon as they can unblock it, I'll use the subscription and throw the sim away.

But I really need to repay that customer care rep for the damages he has done
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2015
TDonald:
whch Network Do U Suggest He Should Port To
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) by emorse(m): 8:36am On Jul 15, 2015
You should have recorded the conversation. Going public with evidence would certainly have gotten to the management.
However, I think you should keep calling till you get meaningful answers. Make sure you record this time.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) by ekiloui(f): 8:43am On Jul 15, 2015
emorse:
You should have recorded the conversation. Going public with evidence would certainly have gotten to the management.
However, I think you should keep calling till you get meaningful answers. Make sure you record this time.

Thank you. I'll try and do that
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) by TDonald: 8:44am On Jul 15, 2015
ekiloui:

The problem is that I've already loaded airtime on the sim and subscribed. As soon as they can unblock it, I'll use the subscription and throw the sim away.

But I really need to repay that customer care rep for the damages he has done

U just have to let go, I don't think there is anyway u could deal with the faceless CC representative.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) by FYB(m): 8:44am On Jul 15, 2015
cool the POLICE is our friend.cool grin
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) by TDonald: 8:46am On Jul 15, 2015
elijah2u:
whch Network Do U Suggest He Should Port To

They say Etisalat is the best Nigerian network provider tho I use the yellow network

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 15, 2015
TDonald:

They say Etisalat is the best Nigerian network provider tho I use the yellow network
ok
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) by ekiloui(f): 9:48am On Jul 15, 2015
I called them back and threatened them with ncc, the lines are still not working but they kept apologising and refused to give a reason why the lines were blocked. I just feel terrible for putting my dad through this. If I have the chance I'll go to ncc today, I just hope these regulatory bodies actually do their jobs
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) by Ariyke: 11:29am On Jul 15, 2015
ekiloui:
I called them back and threatened them with ncc, the lines are still not working but they kept apologising and refused to give a reason why the lines were blocked. I just feel terrible for putting my dad through this. If I have the chance I'll go to ncc today, I just hope these regulatory bodies actually do their jobs
u can call them back and tell them u recorded every conversation with them and threaten with ncc again
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) by timbros(m): 11:37am On Jul 15, 2015
ekiloui:

Just take both Sims physically to their office. You will rectify all problems there.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) by princesuko(m): 11:56am On Jul 15, 2015
Its a easy thing to do when you call them next time tell them that you want to visit their office, be sure to tell them to prepare the pre-recorded voice convo you made the night the sim was blocked.... Once ya reach their office give them your phone number the rest is history... Etisalat costumer care still the best tho!!
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Airtel (what do I do) by NCP: 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2015
Indian Business School. Ethics 101. Better port to Etisalat or MTN.

(1) (Reply)

NCC Moves Against Unsolicited SMS By Telcos / How To Permanently Stop Mtn Frustrating Sms Adverts On Your Phone / Migrating Back To GLO A Big Mistake...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.