Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,531 members, 7,917,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:20 PM

Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless (18180 Views)

Which Bank Has The Most Reliable Atm Machine? / Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? / Extortion By Intercontinental Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by carfreak: 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

grin   grin  grin  grin

Its a good thing a number of sensible people are contributing sensibly to this topic.

Kill Joy-Sweet T(Ham head). You are a slowpoke and a half baked nitwit, u, worked with Exxon, Now thats a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ur I.Q must be reading (1000) for u to believe tht a full grown man working as a shop assistant in a foreign country, still complaining abt it is better than someone here in 9ja with a decent job.

Nxt is ur acclaimed relatinship with Otunba Balogun, Bleeding liar, u will neva know the source direct, u will always know a person who overhead the person, that was a houseboy to the senior brother of the, blah blah blah, Talk about a direct sourced that u can quote. U r the fool. whts in the UK, nothing? I quite agree with u for once. I went there because i know lots of people take their vacation there and i was disappointed with what i saw aftr all the noise. Just so u know blabber-mouth-name-dropping ass hole, i stayed with the son of the former Minister of Justice who was my class mate in secondary school, u want his no so u can beg for contracts, Just Holla.

Then when will u get it into ur thick skull tht i do not work with Intercontinental? Ur stupidity really baffles me. I mean, u have claimed that u had closed ur account with Inter, and that they are owing u 200k, so can u please explain what a yahoo boy will do with the already closed account no of ur supposed rich self. Give it to the Inter staff on this forum and let him verify ur claims, Olodoooo rapata.  

My apologies to evry other person on this forum. Me and the above have a thing and i'm not about to back down from the insultive brat. To the business of the day. I still believe Inter made a mistake from their earlier decision to increase their minimum balance and i have it on good authority that it has been reversed. However, to complain about charges for a service u obviously need is bizarre. If u dont want Internet Banking, dont apply for it. if you dont want sms alerts, dont apply for it. I also run a savings account with GTB and the day they told me i would be paying N200 monthly for the service i said no. In fact since then, i have neva made any lodgements. Same INTER, i told them i dont need their alerts, dont want their internet banking and i have not had issues. Our fight is this N50 transaction fee on ATM withdrawals which i think is on the high side but i'm a realist.

ATMs work with power, can anybody on this forum tell me how much he or she spends on fueling generators? Let me tell u mine. I spend an average of N5000 weekly to fuel my gensets. I live in Surulere, so tell me about urs, examine what pixiraver said abt banking in S.Africa. The internet u use at home, is it free? Come on people, lets wake up to the real world.

I actually have my life's savings in Inter but u know what, i'm not scared. Truth is, most banks are interwoven and borrow from each other. if Inter should have issues, then be rest assured that all these other banks have major issues because at one point or the other, they would have borrowed money from Inter and they would demand their funds back. Shares, Whose stock price has not dropped today? please get real.  I have neva liked that means of investment hence i neva invested in them so i consider myself lucky because just as i was being convinced, the crash started.

I have my clincher to actually confirm if Inter has issues and i have told my relative. The simple indice for me will be that once i see that his salary is not fully paid for the nxt three months, for any reason at all, then all will not be well. I am even waiting for their end of year results.

So evryone fear not, nothing dey happen.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 15, 2009
STOP PRESS:

The upward review of savings account minimum balances has been suspended.

The reasoning behind it was towards efficiency but agreed it turned out to be a bad mistake.

Accept our apologies and be rest assured the Bank still remains dedicated towards delighting her numerous customers.

wishing you many more years of Happiness!
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 15, 2009
ATMs work with power, can anybody on this forum tell me how much he or she spends on fueling generators? Let me tell u mine. I spend an average of N5000 weekly to fuel my gensets. I live in Surulere, so tell me about urs,  examine what pixiraver said abt banking in S.Africa. The internet u use at home, is it free? Come on people, lets wake up to the real world.

I actually have my life's savings in Inter but u know what, i'm not scared. Truth is, most banks are interwoven and borrow from each other. if Inter should have issues, then be rest assured that all these other banks have major issues because at one point or the other, they would have borrowed money from Inter and they would demand their funds back. Shares,  Whose stock price has not dropped today? please get real.  I have neva liked that means of investment hence i neva invested in them so i consider myself lucky because just as i was being convinced, the crash started.

I have my clincher to actually confirm if Inter has issues and i have told my relative. The simple indice for me will be that once i see that his salary is not fully paid for the nxt three months, for any reason at all, then all will not be well. I am even waiting for their end of year results.

So evryone fear not,  nothing dey happen.

OGA MR MAN!

Don't compare your pocket with OTHERS!!!
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by DonPedro3(m): 6:14pm On Mar 15, 2009
it is very evident on these thread that some semi-illiterate Nigerian are using the platform of Nairaland to disseminate information they lack concreate evidence on.

If you have your facts right as claimed,don't hide under false names or shadow,show up in marina or Victoria Island to substantiate ur claims.

It is sad to note that the owners of nairaland have failed in removing such ill-thought and baseless  informtion pasted on this site.

The world over, we are witnessing a financial turmoil of no small measure.A turmoil that has defiled all known theories.

ZenithBank cut its staffs salary early last year,nobody asked wat was happening to the Bank.

I will advice u shameless mischief makers to watch your self before you reck your self.

if you are sure of your facts while not come up to CBN office tomorrow and challenge the Bank's results.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by Skywalker5(m): 6:16pm On Mar 15, 2009
Don Pedro:

it is very evident on these thread that some semi-illiterate Nigerian are using the platform of Nairaland to disseminate information they lack concreate evidence on.

If you have your facts right as claimed,don't hide under false names or shadow,show up in marina or Victoria Island to substantiate ur claims.

It is sad to note that the owners of nairaland have failed in removing such ill-thought and baseless  informtion pasted on this site.

The world over, we are witnessing a financial turmoil of no small measure.A turmoil that has defiled all known theories.

ZenithBank cut its staffs salary early last year,nobody asked wat was happening to the Bank.

I will advice u shameless mischief makers to watch your self before you reck your self.

if you are sure of your facts while not come up to CBN office tomorrow and challenge the Bank's results.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You dey vex gan oooooooooooo
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2009
STAFFS of INTERCONTINENTAL! E Fe GBA IJOBA! AWA oni GBA!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

OYA ALUTA CONTINUA! PROTEST NLO! ANI INTER O DA SE! cheesy
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by agabaI23(m): 6:23pm On Mar 15, 2009
Don Pedro:

This is customer relation gone bizzare. The case of zenith bank and the salary cut was discussed here. Make a wee search and you will see the topic. Nairaland is like nigeria. We say what we want. It is left for you to disprove the allegation.

I am sure this is not the best way to go about it. Good luck though
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by SweetT1: 6:38pm On Mar 15, 2009
@Carfleak

This carfreak guy is a high functioning IDIOT!! This is my last reply to you 'cause i don't think you are as puff as you claim. I know you are just scared of losing your job, i don't blame you. But when did the banking profession became a decent job? Banking is one of worst job for a married man especially women. But i don't blame you, banks are the only mass employers in Nigeria even with those unrealistic targets, facing the armed robbers with AK-47 on weekly basis. Oh boy i feel sorry for you o. I bet you went to work on saturday and sunday didn't you? Take heart my guy, e go better  grin grin

To my people,
Please guys let's pray for Nigerian bank as a whole even if only 10 that survives this downturn, let's hope it's the beginning of efficient banking that will jumpstart a robust economy for Nigeria. Something has to change. Let the crooked and ghost banks die and let the one that will push Nigeria forward remain in business. Our brightest days are surely ahead of Nigeria. We will prevail. [quote][/quote]
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by mycode(m): 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2009
We should all be praying for all our banks in view of global recession that hit the whole world now. Many countries have been badly affected.

However, this is for Intercontinental bank, if the new trend of increasing customers deposit in the new thing in vogue, you need to review yur stand on this matter.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by otokx(m): 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2009
since they claim that the plan has been reversed what is their former minimum balance?
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by hbrednic: 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2009
[b]To my people,
Please guys let's pray for Nigerian bank as a whole even if only 10 that survives this downturn, let's hope it's the beginning of efficient banking that will jumpstart a robust economy for Nigeria. Something has to change. Let the crooked and ghost banks die and let the one that will push Nigeria forward remain in business. Our brightest days are surely ahead of Nigeria. We will prevail.

[/b]

100% correct Sweet T.

according to the recent PWC report,only very few banks in naija are liquid.
soludo also said this week that most of the banks are not liquid,
the ones that still have cash has stopped their normal inter-bank lending.(this will stop deceitful reports)
lots of secrecy in our banking sector,nigerians needs and deserves to know whats going on.
full disclosure is needed from the banks to seperate facts from rumour. [quote][/quote]
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by dankofa: 8:41pm On Mar 15, 2009
What has Intercontinental done again!! The poster should have sought for more information before making this post. Perhaps he works for the detractors of the bank.

To the best of my knowledge, Intercontinental bank is the only bank in Nigeria still recruiting en-mass in this period of financial meltdown. Just last month it recruited close to 200 additional hands in all its regions due to increased business.

It is one of the banks that has not fired its staffers despite the fact that even some of the so called big banks the poster mentioned have done so!!

The news about pay-cut is unfounded because my friends with the bank still showed me their pay slips and not a kobo has been reduced.

It is surprising the poster is making an issue out of the drop in the bank's share price. He may need to do some comparative analysis of what the share of the bank was before the meltdown and now vis-a-vis those of his so called big banks.

The N10,000 minimum balance was initially restricted to the high street branches in a bid to reduce traffic in such branches and give better service to their high networth customers. THE N10,000 MINIMUM BALANCE HAS HOWEVER BEEN REVERSED.

On the contrary, as a financial consultant, I can categorically inform the poster that assess to foreign loans is a plus to any bank and not a negative.

Foreign banks conduct thorough due diligence before advancing credit lines to local banks. That is why you see some banks with a lot of such lines like intercontinental bank while other are struggling for one.

In rounding up, internet banking is optional. if you dont want the charges, tell them to unsubscribe you. I have close to five different accounts and it is not free anywhere.

Thank you.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by fyneguy: 11:50pm On Mar 15, 2009
@Dankofa

You seem to be very close to the management of the bank. That's good as you can pass some of the issues raised to them.

The issue here is deducting charges without notifying the customers. I gave an example of VPAY. Nobody told me what it was all about. I only discovered they deducted N1,000 from my account when I checked my bank statement. No information as regards the VPAY. This happened sometime last year. This is not right!

As regards the ATM, you charge N50 per withdrawal (maximum of N20k each) and you imposed the ATM option on me! Any withdrawal below N100k must be done on ATM. why cant they make it optional?

The point is that they exploit their customers and this should stop!
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by debosky(m): 12:02am On Mar 16, 2009
I can't understand the reason you'd charge for internet banking

It reduces demand on bank staff and branches - you should offer it FREE so more people use it and reduce your costs in branch banking. Sadly, money grabbing seems more important to many banks in Nigeria. undecided
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by whitelexi(m): 8:58am On Mar 16, 2009
debosky:

I can't understand the reason you'd charge for internet banking

It reduces demand on bank staff and branches - you should offer it FREE so more people use it and reduce your costs in branch banking. Sadly, money grabbing seems more important to many banks in Nigeria. undecided

I bank with these animals as well, my account has been with them since the 90s and i noticed recently that anytime i make an online transfer or use the internet banking portal for any activity, i got charged at the end of that month, this started late last yr. . . I called them and expressed my dissaproval because for those of us abroad who cannot visit the branch, the internet is our only means of running our accounts from here.
I have since opened a GTBank current and savings account. . . I'm in the process of transferring the funds to that one. . . At least they dont charge for the internet banking and have no minimum cash limits grin
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by fesse(f): 9:28am On Mar 16, 2009
Intercontinental Bank invested their money in the oil sector and now the oil has drastically reduced and the bank is seriously in danger. They now go out in group to market decieving people of having business strategies and deals. I have a brother and friend that are working with Bank. The guys are seriously looking for job because they are sensing bad.
So i advice of you that have account with the Bank to take preventive measure before the story changes.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by Kx: 9:31am On Mar 16, 2009
undecided
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by homegirl1: 10:02am On Mar 16, 2009
i don't think intercontinental bank is alone in this whole mess. check out skye bank their own charge is even too much. they always complain of having network problem but as soon as you withraw with your cheque, right inside the bank they will give you a text message. it's anoying.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by deoye05: 10:52am On Mar 16, 2009
the so called intercontinental bank had problems last week. they claimed that their server was down for a week and refused to pay out to customers who were willing to withdraw. i latter found out that a foreign institution insisted on having their funds borrowed to intercontinental back last week which was given back. but since it was given back, intercontinental has refused to pay out. they actually struggled with banking operations last week

if they cannot bank, please go down. angry
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by PurestBoy(m): 11:19am On Mar 16, 2009
May God punish this bank and their staffs in Jesus name: Can somebody say amen?
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by PurestBoy(m): 11:24am On Mar 16, 2009
This foolish bank now thinks of helping themselves instead of their poor customers, imagine parents sending 4000 naira to their children every month in schl. How would they cope with this new protocol. May God punish them once more
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by sley4life(m): 11:26am On Mar 16, 2009
Some of u guys here are morons. Im not here if the bank pays the workers salary as when due. no one cares, A good bank must not use their customers for their benefits thereby bringing pains to their customers. I run a current acc with IBPLC and im worried about those savings account holders. If they increase min dep to 10K what will happen to those that were in remote areas that didnt hear the news and maybe they had less than 10k and go to the bank by april to find out that his/her acc has gone negative? Some1 should try and answer this question for me if there is any. This is hell. We all know Zenith bank is the big guns bank and for more than 10yrs we all know that the zenith min dep is much so no one shuld giv example with zenith because they started their policy even from the inception of the bank. IBPLC should rescind their decision before the end of this month else most savings acc holders will take their money out and use other banks.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by sley4life(m): 11:30am On Mar 16, 2009
u people making abusiv words to sweetT u guys must be out of ur mind because she is making her point, I guess its IB workers that are making comments here forgeting that majority of decisions being made here wont favour lots, students, market men&women, lots of people. Its too harsh. The only solution is the bank should rescind their decisons so as to retain there long standing names
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by sley4life(m): 11:38am On Mar 16, 2009
I had an experience sometime late december. I went to the western union section of IBPLC in one of the branches in Southwest to pick up as much as $1,000, I filled the form and told them i need my money in naira, When i went to the counter to pick up my money the CSO who doubles as the western union department gave me 116K ( means $1=N116), Few days ago i went to first bank to pick up some money from my relative sent and i went to mallams that change dollars and they gave me about N140. I wondered and told the mallam he made some mistake that he gave me more money but he told me that dollar is 140 even in banks, I was mad at what they did to me in a bank i am a good customer. They cheated me of an amount worth 24,000, Is this how a bank staff shuld treat customers? This was bad and i told myself i wont accuse any1 but i had a fury in my mind for a CSO in a bank to do such.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by amaikama(m): 1:35pm On Mar 16, 2009
Hmmmmm!!! what if they now reduce their saving rate, what will be the title of this thread? undecided
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by SweetT1: 2:26pm On Mar 16, 2009
PurestBoy:

May God punish this bank and their staffs in Jesus name: Can somebody say amen?

My people softly, softly with the abuse oo. We want the bank to change for good and not for God to purnish them. The employees don't have anything to do with setting policies, it's the bad management we are trying to get rid of. May God bless Nigeria !!
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by MAITEMA(m): 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2009
What is said here makes no difference. How do I know?; I have tried advertising here and on Nairalist for sale of multi-million Naira products and strategic investment information and the only call I got was from a conman. Therefore I have every reason to believe that 90% of people who come here are either job-seekers, Nigerians abroad who see it as a means to be in touch with home or yahoo boys.

However I have read in the papers today (THISDAY) about banks De-marketing each other and last week I read from the same daily an ad by Intercontinental bank apologizing to its customers about a disruption in service. On these grounds anybody has the right to add up and come with whatever conclusion/s  because as they say "comments and opinions and free but facts are sacred" that said, I am strongly convinced that  your comments and opinions about Nigerian banks on this forum will not even matter, let alone trembling customers to desert those banks being rubbished here.

My company operates massive corporate accounts. We have banked with Zenith for over 10years and recently GTbank as substitute. Before Zenith& GTB it was Union bank but we had issues with their service however we still fix funds with them once in a while. I have no reason to worry about these 3 banks.

We Nigerians have a disgusting character of belittling our own and this is part of the reason we suffer indignity when we travel abroad and those of us who live there are looked down upon.  If giants like Citi bank and AIG are right now in murky waters and being bailed out by the US government and we are not relieved that same has not happened here rather we are wishing for it to happen simply because it is imagined that Nigerian banks are frauds when several of them are ranked amongst the worlds top 500, then something is fundamentally wrong. Also a single American has perpetuated a scam worth over $56billion yet it is Nigeria’s image that is internationally dented for 419 when the total amount made by 419ers is a far cry from that amount.

My sincere advice to likes of "Fine cat" and “Sweet T” is that they should quit their wet-blanket attitude and be constructive and positive in comments and arguments on sensitive issues like this.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by KazuyaM(m): 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2009
I Remember when the Head of the Nigerian Stock Exchange proudly said that the global financial crisis, will not affect Nigeria, Stupid woman, look at it in Nigeria today.

Now Nairalanders are saying Nigerian banks cannot fail, who is Nigeria?? Other banks in bigger countries are failing and it is Nigeria that will not fail with all the corruption in the banks! It is just a matter of time b4 you all eat your words!!
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by amaikama(m): 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2009
@kazuya! they have started eating the words my broda in a systematic way grin
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by amaikama(m): 3:34pm On Mar 16, 2009
Even eating the people owns word too grin grin grin shocked
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by dakata(m): 4:03pm On Mar 16, 2009
Nigerian banks are in problem of liquidity. The problems start to manifest in intercontinental bank and we don't know which bank is going to be next.The reality is that inter has loan so much money to the general public at higher interest without adequate security which goes contrary to the prudential guidelines of CBN.They have done so in order to take advantage of cheaper foreign funds they use to get from abroad. With the global economic shrink, such funds are no longer available. Also inter has financed mergin facilities ( Share loan) to the tunes of billion to corporate and indi vidula investors. With the current crush of Nigerian stock market and the burden of loans given out without adequade security and other reckless and un ethical banking practices that is what led to their current problem. To add salt to the wound, the recent text send to their customers on minimum balance in savings account confirm the rumour.

so brothers, as a matter of facts, intercontinental bank is heading into a problem, it is no longer a rumour because people are massively withdrawing their money from the bank, and that alone can bring the bank down because of fear and uncertainty.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless by samparian(m): 4:32pm On Mar 16, 2009
People are making withdrawals from Intercontinental, not because of the 10k minimum balance which was a FOOLISH MISTAKE on their part, but as a result of rumours such as this one started here on Nairaland by an UNSATISFIED customer. angry
I still have funds in the bank, but that doesnt mean i'm not scared. Everything thing we do in life is a risk. Like i said before, which bank is safe?
England has almost bought over all their banks, bailing them from crashing, same goes for US, where Obama has lavished billions of dollars of the coporate market.
Finally, i've noticed that most people complaining only recommend one bank, GTB. Why
Na them sponsor this rumour? grin
i dey fear naija marketing strategies o
GOD HELP US ALL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Send My Birthday Wishes Or Close My Account, Man Threaten His Bank (video) / CBN Top Officials Meet Monday Over Naira Crisis / Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.