Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,844 members, 7,912,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 05:48 AM

Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky (13308 Views)

8 Places Guys Will Get Positive Feedback From Single Ladies When They Woo Them / How To Stop A Girl You Like, Talk To Her & Get Her Number In Minutes / How To Talk To A Girl...You Have Never Met..Both Online And Real Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2009
Question : If you click on the "report the moderator" tab, will the person you are reporting instantly get banned once the proof has been viewed?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by MrCrackles(m): 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Question : If you click on the report the moderator tab, will the person you are reporting instantly get banned once the proof has been viewed?

Permit me to contribute to the above question

I believe it is down to Seun to make a final judgement on whether to ban the person instantly or not!

If it serious breach of rules and regulations or persistent offending, in most cases, it will result in an instant ban!

Debosky can you contribute more?
tongue
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 2:40pm On Mar 11, 2009
Lol. After you have been banned more than a million times, you seem to know the rules more than the back of your hand. grin grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Question : If you click on the "report the moderator" tab, will the person you are reporting instantly get banned once the proof has been viewed?
Thanks brash wink

What happens is that the moderator is notified, and he/she will view the post and decide what decision is appropriate. It may merit only deletion of the post, or a warning to the erring member, or a request to edit the insulting/inappropriate portion of the post. In some cases nothing may be done if the mod feels the post is not in breach of forum rules.

If the offense is regarded as being serious, the mod can request that the member be banned - Seun takes the final decision on all banning.

Sometimes (for sections without moderators) Seun is informed directly by using the report to mod link and he can ban instantly. Banning can also occur if an offending post is discovered by Seun himself, without the knowledge of the mods.

In essence - watch what you post - even if you are not reported, Seun can spot the post and ban immediately.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2009
Thanks. smiley
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by MrCrackles(m): 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Lol. After you have been banned more than a million times, you seem to know the rules more than the back of your hand. grin grin

I dont know what you are talking about?! grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 11, 2009
MrCrackles:

I believe it is down to Seun to make a final judgement on whether to ban the person instantly or not!
Cheiiiiiiii, No wonder ppl just be getting ban left, right and center.
Reasonable judgement is not so common too tongue

[s]Debo, if you erase this, we go wear the same sokoto angry tongue[/s]

spikedcylinder:

grin grin Don't mind tht gbeske head grin

@Modahraytuh
Do you not agree that warnings should be ditched out before a member gets banned?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

@Modahraytuh
Do you not agree that warnings should be ditched out before a member gets banned?

Warnings are good, but not necessary - the rules are visible to all so it is down to the moderator to choose to warn or report to Seun for banning. Some people like you have been warned 1,000 times but you still don't learn. grin

I personally warn people, but it doesn't seem to be working so I might just recommend for banning without warning.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 11, 2009
Question. Why do people like Morenike get banned so easily angry? cheesy I have commited some crimes too but I don't even get any warning. I want to get private messages and get banned too angry cheesy. I feel left out. angry
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2009
stillwater:

Question. Why do people like Morenike get banned so easily angry? cheesy I have commited some crimes too but I don't even get any warning. I want to get private messages and get banned too angry cheesy. I feel left out. angry

girl I was once banned because my location was "Playboy Mansion".
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 11, 2009
Ahhhh, you ppl should stop using me as example. KarmaMod nko? grin

@Stillwater
You dnt know say me and seun get history?

We were once married, I had to divorce him because he couldn't satisfy me cool cool cool

@Debosky
I see some threads that needs to be locked.

Are you game?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Moonstone(f): 5:51pm On Mar 11, 2009
DaPhoenix:

girl I was once banned because my location was "Playboy Mansion".
Are you kidding me? shocked shocked shocked shocked Have you seen the location of Chamotex?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 5:52pm On Mar 11, 2009
stillwater:

There are some people who are simply on the radar - repeat offenders if you like.  grin
People like these will be banned but come back minutes later with a new user name doing THE SAME THING they just got banned for.  sad

The slightest offense from them will be banned by Seun, he shows no mercy to those ones.  grin

Besides, you don't post as often as she does and tend to stay on topic more often. wink

Ebony - post the links to the threads here. wink
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2009
Moonstone:

Are you kidding me? shocked shocked shocked shocked Have you seen the location of Chamotex?

I was going to say that at first but I don't want Seun to ban him too but I don't see anything wrong. I was on a field trip to the Playboy Mansion . . . not like the girls and I were running around naked lol.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2009
debosky:

There are some people who are simply on the radar - repeat offenders if you like.  grin
People like these will be banned but come back minutes later with a new user name doing THE SAME THING they just got banned for.  sad

The slightest offense from them will be banned by Seun, he shows no mercy to those ones.  grin

Besides, you don't post as often as she does and tend to stay on topic more often. wink

Ebony - post the links to the threads here. wink

You are a darling. kiss
Ebony-Silk:

Stillwater stay ontopic ke?
If no be her and sauron, na her and doyin13? tongue

But once again, seun still dey vex becaus eof our divorce cool

@debo, thanks. will post the link kiss

Debo says I do. tongue
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Moonstone(f): 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

@Modahraytuh
Can you plz lock this thread?
Thanks baby

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-245749.0.html
ROFLMAO!
You are mad beyond comprehension.

DaP, he won't get banned. Seun has relaxed on the location thingy. I think he has realized that it's all in the name of fun.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Seun(m): 5:59pm On Mar 11, 2009
I have not relaxed, I am just busy.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2009
Seun:

Dead!!!

*walks out of thread*
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Moonstone(f): 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2009
Seun:

Oh it's even good you're here. Why are you so adamant about the location? If I said I was in France instead of Singapore. . . fine! But it's just us being ridiculous
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 11, 2009
*Runs out of thread* grin grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by MrCrackles(m): 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2009
Seun:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 6:30pm On Mar 11, 2009
Great! My location was taken off again.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by CrazyMan(m): 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2009
I think the overall aim of the thread is 'romance nominations', which is a fun exercise and should not be taken too seriously. I realise that people will sometimes be offended, but like iice said - don't take things personal or too seriously. If you think you have been insulted, report to the moderator and the offending post can be removed or edited.

I am trying to maintain law and order, but there is no thread you will post on nairaland that will not offend someone somewhere. I truly don't believe the nominations thread is malicious or intended to insult, so that is why I didn't delete it.

You know what? I'll add a poll to the thread. If majority of members are against the awards you mentioned, I'll ask the OP to remove them. How does that sound?

Well, I think it makes sense.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 7:19am On Mar 12, 2009
Chai. And Seun never used to be like this o. undecided
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 12, 2009
Oga Seun, i throway salute.
you are welcome Sir.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by oziomatv(m): 3:01pm On Mar 12, 2009
When will I be banned in Nairaland just to be in alart?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by demystify(f): 3:09pm On Mar 12, 2009
Question: Should we always report to moderators concerning offensive posts before they take action?
Does it mean they(moderators) stand to take no action unless it's reported?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by oziomatv(m): 3:22pm On Mar 12, 2009
ROMANCE SECTION "Moderators" why are they UNROMANTIC?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 5:34pm On Mar 12, 2009
demystify:

Question: Should we always report to moderators concerning offensive posts before they take action?
Does it mean they(moderators) stand to take no action unless it's reported?
Moderators will take action if they are AWARE of offensive posts. Because mods cannot be in every thread at every moment trying to monitor offensive posts, we rely on reports to make the job easier. I personally look through threads when I have some free time and clean up as appropriate, but I cannot catch everything all the time.

We need your cooperation to keep the forum running properly. It won't take up to a minute to hit the 'report to moderator' button, so please do so. We will also try our best to catch offensive posts that don't get reported.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 5:35pm On Mar 12, 2009
oziomatv:

ROMANCE SECTION "Moderators" why are they UNROMANTIC?
What do you mean unromantic? We are VERY romantic as far as I'm aware. tongue
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by demystify(f): 6:32pm On Mar 12, 2009
@debosky
Well noted.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Okanran(m): 10:06am On Mar 13, 2009
Hmnnnnnn, interesting. . . truth and reconciliation on NL. Wish all other mods would emulate this guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15)

Name One Thing You Can't Stand In A Beautiful Girl Or A Handsome Guy. / Female Teacher Forced Students To Have Sex With Her (Unclad Photos + Video) / How Much Is ISI AGU Material In Lagos,Fast reply needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.