Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,824 members, 7,889,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:20 PM

Religious Bias On NL - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Bias On NL (1150 Views)

Tribalism, Religious Bias, And Sexism In Nigeria / D / Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Religious Bias On NL by phreakabit(m): 8:03am On Jul 17, 2015
Not even going to bother making a long post, NL is one shitty politically incorrect forum and everyone knows it.
My question however is what is this load of BS you get when you try to reply or make a post on an islam thread(image below) and how come you don't get the same for Christian threads?

3 Likes

Re: Religious Bias On NL by powerfulsettingz: 8:07am On Jul 17, 2015
I've always wondered that too bro
Re: Religious Bias On NL by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 17, 2015
It didn't Stop a thing.

1 Like

Re: Religious Bias On NL by An2elect2(f): 8:42am On Jul 17, 2015
Of course you would do anything to avoid scrutiny when you living a big lie.
Re: Religious Bias On NL by menesheh(m): 9:43am On Jul 17, 2015
That's why the level of religious dogma and fanaticism are hugely rife in Islamism than any other faith. They don't want any sort of mixed ideas that may invoke skepticism and questions about the authenticity of the their beliefs amount the believers.
Re: Religious Bias On NL by danielblessing(m): 10:00am On Jul 17, 2015
I dont want to say anything that will get me banned. but the reason is because the owner of Nl is a muslim.
I stand to be corrected.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Bias On NL by NumberOne2(m): 10:57am On Jul 17, 2015
It may be true because of the way NL is structured. There is an Islamic section. There is NO Christian section.
So everyone comes to the religious section (buddhist, hindus, mulslims, atheist et al) but mostly muslims go to the islam section.
If there was a Christian section, there may be less percieved bias.

1 Like

Re: Religious Bias On NL by phreakabit(m): 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
As expected thread gets suppressed.
Re: Religious Bias On NL by kevoh(m): 7:32am On Jul 18, 2015
danielblessing:
I dont want to say anything that will get me banned. but the reason is because the owner of Nl is a muslim.
I stand to be corrected.
The owner of Nairaland is actually an atheist. The creation of the Islamic section has more to do with threats to certain persons, whether real or imagined, than escape from scrutiny on Islam as a belief.

I'd also like to add that Religion section is/was meant for everyone Atheists, ATRs, Christians, Buddists, Muslims, Hindus e.t.c

Just stick to the rules and ignore the Islam subsection (If you are not muslim) and you will be fine. They should also stick to posting purely Islamic thread on Islamic section and all will be fine. My 2cents!

1 Like

Re: Religious Bias On NL by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 18, 2015
danielblessing:
I dont want to say anything that will get me banned. but the reason is because Seun Osewa is a muslim.
I stand to be corrected.

smiley
Re: Religious Bias On NL by UyiIredia(m): 9:07am On Jul 18, 2015
This is very bad and I'm disappointed the mods and admin allowed it. It just goes to show how dogmatic muslims are, even the so-called moderate muslims.

1 Like

Re: Religious Bias On NL by danielblessing(m): 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
Note : posts like this dont end up on FP
Re: Religious Bias On NL by quickly: 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
the muslims do not want to hear the truth so they can continue to live in their ignorance and continue to be slaves to arab neo colonilisation
Re: Religious Bias On NL by Feraz(m): 8:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
The owner is an agnostic. While I do not agree with the whole ish of them having their section, you should see reasons with the owner. Something happened some years ago that prompted the owner to create that section that stands today. If I remember correctly, I think he was threatened.
danielblessing:
I stand to be corrected.

Ok...so I checked the section, clicked on reply and saw the whole declaration ish. Interesting! Wait a minute! I thought Nairaland had done away with the opinion poll so why is it still there? No wonder madcow1's signature... grin
Re: Religious Bias On NL by abduljabbar4(m): 3:44am On Aug 04, 2015
So that you can disturb and pollute Islamic threads with your meaningless and pointless posts right? My question for you, why is it that Muslims preach openly with microphones while christians preach quietly without letting anyone to know what you guys are saying. Oga
Seun come and give this thread and the op the necessary action

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Bias On NL by Anomnity: 6:31am On Aug 04, 2015
danielblessing:
I stand to be corrected.

Seconded. A muslim is definitely running this place. An anti-Christ in disguise?
Re: Religious Bias On NL by Anomnity: 6:39am On Aug 04, 2015
kevoh:

The owner of Nairaland is actually an atheist. The creation of the Islamic section has more to do with threats to certain persons, whether real or imagined, than escape from scrutiny on Islam as a belief.

I used to believe that before but when a lady created a thread here and said that she saw seun in a mosque on friday worship, honestly everything became so clear.

I'm sure that thread is deleted for exposing the truth cos I can't find it anymore.
Re: Religious Bias On NL by Feraz(m): 9:51am On Aug 04, 2015
abduljabbar4:
So that you can disturb and pollute Islamic threads with your meaningless and pointless posts right? My question for you, why is it that Muslims preach openly with microphones while christians preach quietly without letting anyone to know what you guys are saying. Oga
Seun come and give this thread and the op the necessary action
So to preach openly is now something good, not minding if you're disturbing your neighbour? Pray tell, aren't there designated places where those who practise their faith are supposed to worship?
Re: Religious Bias On NL by Seun(m): 10:47am On Aug 04, 2015
Please guys, let us be more tolerant of each other.

Due to the religious diversity of the Nairaland community, it's impossible to come up with policies that will make everyone happy. We can't give everyone what they want, even if we try, because some people want the opposite of what some other people want. We do not seek to favour or help or disfavour or harm any religion; our priority is the Nairaland community as a whole - what's best for Nairalanders as a group.

If you have complaints about our policies, or questions about why we're doing this or that, please send your complaints to the supermods via the home page. We'll respond to your complaints as quickly as we can and update the thread below with the answers to your frequently asked questions: https://www.nairaland.com/1947119/let-us-more-tolerant-each

3 Likes 4 Shares

(1)

Why You Should Stop Worshipping Any "God" / A Poem For Eunice Olawale Who Was Brutally Killed / Share The Funniest Tetimony You Have Heard During A Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.