Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,150 members, 7,977,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 04:28 AM

How Can I Manage A Difficult Colleague? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can I Manage A Difficult Colleague? (493 Views)

How To Work With A Difficult Boss / How To Keep Your Jobs In A Difficult Economy - Entrepreneurs Advise Workers / My Manager Sleeps With Our Female Colleague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Manage A Difficult Colleague? by ConfessionsNgr: 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2015
I am a mid level officer in a marketing company. I oversee 5 other colleagues. One of them is a close relative of the owners/directors of the business. She is always loafing around; not doing her tasks or when she does, it is poorly done. At every opportunity she is pulling down the team with negative comments. Recently she has had four strong (and false) allegations against me with the aim of getting me sacked and taking my position - she is my deputy on our function.
All efforts to talk to her to do the right thing has failed, formal reports on her does not sail through to disciplinary committee as my boss does not have the courage to axe her - obviously because she is related to the owners of the company. What advise would do you have for me on how to handle her, I am getting a bit frustrated as I know 2 hardworking members in my team have been asked to leave the job at the end of the month due to "their inability to meet target" - this is false, they actually met target but we are compelled to cut salary cost, whilst this lazy lady is retained.
The workload on myself and the third staff would be dire as this lady is not configured to work! How do i cope ... I am tempted to resign at times, particularly when my boss twist our performance records to reflect that she is meeting her target when she is not. Please help.

Posted anonymously on http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/144/managing-a-difficult-colleague
Re: How Can I Manage A Difficult Colleague? by TRADELYN: 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
Treat her exactly how your boss does since he knows her weak points and lacks the courage to fire her.
Re: How Can I Manage A Difficult Colleague? by Koboseadotorg(m): 10:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
Talk to ur boss.
Ask him to demote you to her position and promote her to yours.
In this case, she will leave you alone and the safer your job will become.

THANKS.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Encourages Employers To Support Mothers To Breastfeed At Work / see!!!Unilag Students are on fire.. / Looking For A Well Paid Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.