Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,376 members, 7,937,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 02:46 PM

Pls Explain This. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls Explain This. (689 Views)

Xtians, Pls Explain This? / Can Someone Pls Explain Koran 10:94 / Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Explain This. by arewa4(f): 12:15am On Mar 12, 2009
[b]WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BTW TRUSTING GOD AND ''TESTING'' GOD[/b](THATS IF U CAN) undecided
Re: Pls Explain This. by Lagosboy: 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2009
You cannot test God but it is God that could put you on trial.

Trusting in God is having belief that he can do anything for you no matter the circumstance you might find yourself in as long as you know you are at peace with him.

Trusting God is believing in his might ,  his ability , his power in context to the situation you might find yourself. This trust and belief without compromise in times of problems. crisies or trials  could translate to you passing his test.

In life we would always face trials and tribulations and that is what makes life interesting. The ability to withstand the storms of life with absolute faith in your creator and not compromising your core beliefs in him is trusting in God.

This is my humble explanation and God knows best.
Re: Pls Explain This. by Recognise: 7:36pm On Mar 12, 2009
Arewa4:

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BTW TRUSTING GOD AND ''TESTING'' GOD

(THATS IF U CAN)
undecided

@Lagosboy

Well said

@Arewa4 (f)

The former is just about not QUESTIONING GOD; (i.e. been GOD GULLIBLE; GOD CREDULOUS; GOD UNSUSPICIOUS etc)

- Outrightly sitting on a chair without questioning or checking whether it'll take one's weight and not collapse in a manner of illustration is a crude example of "trusting"

The latter in relation to certain issues/matter simply is about TRYING GOD OUT (i.e.  TRIALLING GOD concerning these issues)

- Checking a chair before sitting with confidence to ascertain/confirm it will take one's weight and not collapse whilst sitting in a manner of illustration is a simple example of "testing"

Man trusts God and vice-versa.

God tests Man. Notice no vice-versa in this respect.

God testing references:

Job 23:10
But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.

Psalm 66:10
For you, O God, tested us; you refined us like silver.

Ecclesiastes 3:18
I also thought, "As for men, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals.

Isaiah 48:10
See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction

As a matter of fact Man isn’t expected to test God.

Deuteronomy 6:16

New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
Do not test the LORD your God as you did at Massah.

Contemporary English Version (CEV)
So don't try to make him prove that he can help you, as you did at Massah

Matthew 4:7

Contemporary English Version (CEV)
Jesus answered, "The Scriptures also say, `Don't try to test the Lord your God!' "

New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
Jesus answered him, It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test

The exception to the above is when/where explicitly and absolutely encouraged or prompted to.
Re: Pls Explain This. by arewa4(f): 11:02pm On Mar 12, 2009
thanks alot, i see things clearer now. God bless
Re: Pls Explain This. by Affiliated(m): 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
Malachi 3:10 ESV
Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.

Matthew 4:7
Contemporary English Version
Jesus answered, "The Scriptures also say, `Don't try to test the Lord your God!' "

New International Version
Jesus answered him, It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test

Most things you look for in the bible you will find a scripture both for and against it. So its left to you to pick which one suits you best

(1) (Reply)

Time Of Restoration And Blessing / They Do Say"god Is Omnipresence" Which I Agree, Now Does God Present Also In Hel / Reduction Of Age Due To Education,job,is It True Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.