Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,826 members, 7,872,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:37 PM

CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country (7312 Views)

Are A Majority Of Nigerians Corrupt? / Muslim Country (brunei) Bans Christmas. / Gbajabiamila Will Not Be Majority Leader, Dogara Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
omenka:
Na wa oo. Oga, hatred go kill you.

Did Buhari ask cnn to write the crap they did??

Silly WailingWailer.
Even if Buhari never authorised them to publish that falsehood, your inability to condemn their deceit speaks a lot about your person.

Buhari asss licker.

4 Likes

Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by ProfessorPeter(m): 4:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
Saifullah01:
I think so....
If you consider majority of Muslim north (with 50% of country's population) plus close to half of the south west, that will give you more Muslims.
Don't confuse it with north ( half of of the country's population)
Yes. When cows, goats, sheep, are counted as human beings and are labelled Muslims.

1 Like

Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by dynalat: 4:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
*Are you unemployed or under-employed?
*Are you looking to travel outside the shores of nigeria with a source of income guaranteed?
*Are you looking to travel and not look over your shoulders like illegal immigrants?
* Do you have a valid nigerian international passport?
If all this is what you crave then look no further,because an opportunity presents itself to you on a platter of gold to work and live in Dubai (men)and Bahrain(women) .limited slots available men.

MALE CATEGORY
A company in dubai needs the services of able body,hard working young men for the following vacancies .
1.security personnels.
2. Cleaners.
* Must be of legal age 18 and above
* Guranteed accomodation
*Visa and travel expenses paid for
NB; candidate must provide 2 guarantors that would vouch him.
FEMALE CATEGORY
Hardworking women are needed as nannies or baby sitters in Bahrain.
* Must be of legal age 18 and above
* Guranteed accomodation
*Visa and travel expenses paid for
NB; candidate must provide 2 guarantors that would vouch her.
Call this number for more info..08064669594
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by ProfessorPeter(m): 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2015
Saifullah01:
I think so....
If you consider majority of Muslim north (with 50% of country's population) plus close to half of the south west, that will give you more Muslims.
Yes. When cows, goats, sheep, are counted as human beings and are labelled Muslims. Also when northern elders imported people from Niger, Chad and from neighbouring countries to boast their population.

1 Like

Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by dustmalik: 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
chuna1985:

Ur dreaming.

In that northern nigeria, the number of igbo christians and northern christians are overwhelming. Stop foooling urself.
Overwhelming as compared to what, Northern Muslims? You obviously don't know what you are talking about. You have lived your whole life in the east. What on earth do you know about the North? I know you very well on this forum and your hate towards the North, so i won't continue arguing with you on this matter.
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by 9jii(m): 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
barcanista:
That's one problem we have. People just like to assume. I don't form opinion by mere assumption.
Please do that your research thing.
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by ArodewilliamsT: 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
This is why Biafra has to come, quickly too. The muslim use muslim yoruba to achieve their aims. The only i pity in Islamic republic of Oduarewa is the Christian yorubas who will be thrown overboard by their muslim yorubs brothers who will want to prove to the emirate that they are True muslims too.

4 Likes

Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by emmasege: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
Dumbest story ever told. Even the north with the exception of north west can't be regarded as majorly muslim.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
dustmalik:

Overwhelming as compared to what, Northern Muslims? You obviously don't know what you are talking about. You have lived your whole life in the east. What on earth do you know about the North? I know you very well on this forum and your hate towards the North, so i won't continue arguing with you on this matter.

I know u as well on dis forum n I know how many northerners are. They love to kill igbos @ zero provocation. There are millions of christians in d north, u can keep arguing it if it makes u happy.

For ur info, I've been to nothing less than 5 northern states so be quiet.

1 Like

Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by ibkgab001: 4:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
Yes they might be right

I'm a Christian
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
Lol... That requires funding and other logistics.
9jii:

Please do that your research thing.
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by naijaclinic: 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
Of course they are right. Even simple maths will provide the same figures. More States, larger land mass, polygamy and higher birth rate (almajiri anyone?)

In the South West, Islam is more traditional. Even South South has Muslims (Asari Dokubo anyone?) So with only South East to boast of as a Christian region isn't it obvious?

Lastly the Christian religion favors one wife and less children. For those still thinking Northerners inflate figures, just travel there.

It is very foolish for anyone to counter facts with sentiments.

1 Like

Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by dustmalik: 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
naijaclinic:
Of course they are right. Even simple maths will provide the same figures. More States, larger land mass, polygamy and higher birth rate (almajiri anyone?)

In the South West, Islam is more traditional. Even South South has Muslims (Asari Dokubo anyone?) So with only South East to boast of as a Christian region isn't it obvious?

Lastly the Christian religion favors one wife and less children. For those still thinking Northerners inflate figures, just travel there.

No matter how much you explain this, they'll never agree, because sentiments won't let them. That's why i don't argue over such matters.
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by francizy(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
omenka:
cnn said so but we know better don't we??

See them.. undecided

Tufiakwa!
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by Soreza(m): 4:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
WHO STILL WATCH CNN AND THEIR PROPAGANDA?BETTER I WATCH RUSSIA TODAY RT.
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by francizy(m): 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
naijaclinic:

Mr man keep yah fingers in ya boxers if you don't know what to type. Firstly, lemme start by telling you that even the north has a reasonable percentage of Christians different from what we believe. Kaduna has Southern Kaduna Christians plus immigrants who places the state at about 45% Christians to 50% Muslims. Taraba, Gombe, Niger, can boast of a reasonable number of Christians within the range of 30-40%. Adamawa has about 10-20% Christians. The Gbagi of FCT are mostly Christians. Kogi has about 40-50% Christians, Plateau has about 70% Christians, Benue has about 80% Christians. Mind you, I didn't even include the little number of some Christian tribes with origin from the other northern states like Maiduguri, Sokoto, Bauchi, etc. But let us assume their numbers are insignificant.

SW has more Muslim Yoruba than Christian Yoruba by just a slight margin. Say about 3-5% difference. That is if it's not the other way around oh. Then add the immigrants such as Igbos, SS, etc, I'll place SW at a total of about 50% Christians to 40% Muslims.

South South has about 90% Christians with Muslim migrants from north and SW and the natives making up mostly the remaining 10%. From your myopic reasoning, since Asari is a Muslim, therefore, there are many Muslims natives in the SS right? Don't be surprised that there are even more Igbo Muslims compared to SS Muslims.

SE has about 92% Christians with Igbo Muslims and northern Muslim migrants making up mostly the remaining 8%.

Travel around the country and observe rather than cooking up yeye statistics from your bedroom bro..

In terms of Landmass, The Muslims enjoy larger landmass no doubt but the main thing to consider here is % number of Christians and Muslims..

Cc dustmalik, dearpreye, barcanister, ibnsultan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by baralatie(m): 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
barcanista:
This will require emperical research and not just mere assumption. I have refrained myself from picking sides. All I am saying is that Nigeria by virtue of OIC membership is technically an Islamic Country..
Please do not do demography analysis on anything religion.please.
Let us keep this religious mode on neutral.
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by gists: 5:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nigerians!!!
The guys in CNN will be laughing big time at the fo0lishness of this thread.
What is it with Nigerians that we like burning energy on non issue.
So CNN calls Nigeria a Muslim country - so damn what? Even if it is not true does that make Emeka less a Christian. Will that force Bayo to start attending Jumat prayers? Will it convert David Mark to an Imam?
I don't have the statistics of the demographs, but CNN can call Nigeria a Budist nation if they want - fact remains I know the God I serve and no article on CNN, Routers, BBC Aljazera etc can change that. And I guess same applies to everybody.
Wailers can continue to blame Buhari for what CNN right. You lot can go and hug the next transformer.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
baralatie:

Please do not do demography analysis on anything religion.please.
Let us keep this religious mode on neutral.
Religion to me is ones personal practice. I don't have any problem whether Muslims are 90% or 60% or even 10%. All I want is people practice their religion in peace, respect others and it be separated from State's affairs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by thewarrior72: 5:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
It is none of my business how CNN view Nigeria, but one thing is certain, when we actualise BIAFRA, no muslim will be part of it. It will be exclusive to Christians, pagans, atheists, agnostics etc., no indigenous person will be allowed to practice islam.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by Kingspin(m): 5:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ok we hear but let them stop killing other people especilly in the Northern part of Nigeria..
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by baralatie(m): 5:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
barcanista:
Religion to me is ones personal practice. I don't have any problem whether Muslims are 90% or 60% or even 10%. All I want is people practice their religion in peace, respect others and it be separated from State's affairs.
True! But and but the religious hatred is real and for some of us it is better not fanned.
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
barcanista:

Subscribed. I'm totally at lost as to why we agreed to have dual identity within our Constitution. I'm done with religion.
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2015
baralatie:

True! But and but the religious hatred is real and for some of us it is better not fanned.
Most times our clerics are to blame as well as government. They make careless statements and take worthless decisions.
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by francizy(m): 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
barcanista:

Unfortunately, the bolded is not so in this country..

1 Like

Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Subscribed. I'm totally at lost as to why we agreed to have dual identity within our Constitution. I'm done with religion.
Hahaha Bro, the problem is not with Islam but insensitive leaders. If Obj hadn't attended OIC Conference in 2001 who would have attended after? Yar'adua also renewed our OIC membership in 2008 and Jonathan again attended OIC meeting in 2013. The question is what do they aim to achieve? Do you know that OIC give members interest free loan?....$$$$$$! You dig? So will you blame the religion? Do you knw that aside IBB no other leader attended OIC meeting until OBJ. Think...Think

1 Like

Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
Blame our leaders
francizy:

Unfortunately, the bolded is not so in this country..

1 Like

Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
barcanista:
Hahaha Bro, the problem is not with Islam but insensitive leaders. If Obj hadn't attended OIC Conference in 2001 who would have attended after? Yar'adua also renewed our OIC membership in 2008 and Jonathan again attended OIC meeting in 2013. The question is what do they aim to achieve? Do you know that OIC give members interest free loan?....$$$$$$! You dig? So will you blame the religion? Do you knw that aside IBB no other leader attended OIC meeting until OBJ. Think...Think

You'll educate me more in this later in the barn. Lol!!!
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by OfBiafra: 5:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
@ op, Its hard to know what to believe without a little faith in Nigeria's census figures, which is often disputed.

I'm inclined to believe there will be more Muslims if current hostilities in the north are not adequately managed.

Hopefully, the religion of peace may stay it's noble deeds in the North.

OfBiafra
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by dejiogundipe(m): 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
phyllosilicate:
I get your point, I was just thinking you could provide data. People here are just assuming. Thanks.
barcanista:
Blame our leaders
pls barcanista can u pls call me on 08063513938 or add me on watsapp. tanks
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ayameze2015:
are you saying that we are oic member till date?

Yes we are
Re: CNN Says Nigeria Is A Majority Muslim Country by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
Saifullah01:
I think so....

That a Lie, The Entire Igbo Population re Christian
60% Of Yoruba re Christian
96% Of SS re Christian
70-80% Of NC re Christian.
20% If core northerners re CHRISTIAN

So what re you saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail? / Tony Nwulu Felicitates With Muslims Over Eid-l-kabir / Nigeria Police Attacks Eastern Security Network In Imo, Abandons Their Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.