Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,601 members, 7,892,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 12:18 PM

Bayelsa Senator Blasts Jonathan In New Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Senator Blasts Jonathan In New Statement (445 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo & Goodluck Jonathan In Abeokuta (Photo) / Patience Jonathan In Okrika For Burial Of Comfort Kaine Obudibo / Goodluck Jonathan In Washington DC (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Senator Blasts Jonathan In New Statement by ogochukwu247(f): 9:35am On Jul 22, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-rXCUtgJnrwY/Va9J-8gmGZI/AAAAAAAAAx4/HWlLlsQAf-g/s400/goodluck-jonathan_2745283b.jpg[/img]

A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress in Bayelsa, Senator John Brambaifa, has stated that the ruling Peoples Democratic Party will lose the December 5 governorship election in the state due to the unpopularity of the immediate past President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

Speaking with reporters on Tuesday at the national secretariat of the APC in Abuja, the ex-senator claimed that Jonathan was unpopular even when he was picked as vice president in 2007.

Mr. Brambaifa said the ex-president’s poor performance while in office has added to his low rating even among his own people.

“I can tell you categorically that the former president from my assessment is not popular now and he was not that popular when he was even the president”, he said.
The APC chieftain also said Mr. Jonathan was not popular because he was imposed on the people of the South South region.
“If it were the people of Bayelsa or the people of the South-south that would have picked a vice president at the time, I don’t think the people would have picked Goodluck Jonathan because he was not popular and he didn’t have the capacity to be vice president at the time he was imposed”, he said.
Mr. Brambaifa further said Mr. Jonathan’s unpopularity was proven by his inability to win a second term in office.
“If we are saying that PDP is not popular in Bayelsa state, the unpopularity and the inability to perform maximally when Jonathan was the president is likely to contribute to the unpopularity of the PDP as at now”, he said. Jonathan murdered PDP
Assessing the administration of Governor Seriake Dickson in the state, Mr. Brambaifa said the governor did not complete and commission a single project since his election in 2012.
He, however, challenged Dickson to tell the people of the state what he has achieved since his assumption of office.

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2015/07/bayelsa-senator-blasts-jonathan-in-new.html

cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Senator Blasts Jonathan In New Statement by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 22, 2015
that's coming from a brother...

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Senator Blasts Jonathan In New Statement by Unsad(m): 9:37am On Jul 22, 2015
Between GEJ and Bornu I know no who dem blast pass now
Re: Bayelsa Senator Blasts Jonathan In New Statement by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 22, 2015
Ok
Re: Bayelsa Senator Blasts Jonathan In New Statement by donholy28(m): 9:37am On Jul 22, 2015
Wailing wailer....jona is out of there...anything u talk now is nonsensical

(1) (Reply)

Three Bomb Blast Today In Gombe / Jonathan Did Not Give Me Any Bribe Over Missing $20bn Says Sp @bukolasaraki / Pan Yoruba Groups Blame Oba Akinruntan For Crisis In Ilaje, Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.