Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,816 members, 7,893,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 05:42 AM

See Why Just-concluded Ramadan The Most Disastrous In History - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Why Just-concluded Ramadan The Most Disastrous In History (474 Views)

23 Women Became Chairmen & Councillors In Just Concluded Kebbi Polls. (photos) / Nigeria will be the poorest and most disastrous nation on earth. / Electing Sheriff National Chairman Will Be Disastrous, Okupe Tells PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See Why Just-concluded Ramadan The Most Disastrous In History by thinka2: 3:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
Bomb Blasts everywhere, scores dying during fasting. How can we truly explain what everything that happened this last Ramadan. Ever since the inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari, you cannot help but wonder whether Boko Haram attacks has reduced or they are reinforcing their Calvary every day.

Fasting during the month of Ramadan is considered one of the five pillars of Islam. Muslims worldwide fast to commemorate the first revelation of the Quran to Muhammad according to Islamic belief.

Muslims prioritise charity during Ramadan, there is a lot of giving and receiving during this period. Recently I saw nothing less than 50 Hausa Men hanging around a vehicle, I didn’t know the owner of the vehicle was doling out plates of rice until I looked closer.

That is how charitable Muslims become during Ramadan. Killing is just out of it but ever since the inception of insurgency in the world, those of us that are non muslims have been unable to truly define our understanding of Islam.

When I was younger, I remember that the Alfas around my house used to say Islam is a religion of peace.

I doubt that statement these days because I do not understand the religion anymore.

On July 17, two female suicide bombers yesterday detonated explosives in an Eid praying ground in the Yobe state capital, leaving at least 15 worshipers dead and others injured.

Two women who could have become leaders and role models in their communities made a decision to kill scores of people for no reason at all.

According to Army Public Relations, one was an elderly woman while the second was a young girl, Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo reinstated that insurgency will soon be stamped out in Nigeria but how can any Nigerian believe this.

Just two days earlier, 50 people have been killed after twin blasts hit the rowdy central market of Gombe, in the Gombe State capital.

ISIS promised to launch a month of disaster during Ramadan and they did. At a Shi’ite Mosque in Kuwait, a man was decapitated in an apparent Islamist attack on a U.S.-owned gas factory in South eastern France, while 25 worshipers were killed and 200 wounded during Friday prayers.

In Tunisia, gunmen sparked panic at a beach resort, opening fire and killing at least 37 people mostly foreigners.

Governments around the world condemned the attacks especially because of the fact that this all happened during Ramadan.

ISIS, Boko Haram, God help us all.

http://www.thefinix.com/2015/07/was-this-ramadan-the-most-disastrous-in-history/
Re: See Why Just-concluded Ramadan The Most Disastrous In History by saintikechi(m): 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Islam should be scraped, baba go slow should just quit, he is ineffective.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari In Action:buhari To Split NNPC Into Two …plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Bl / At Last, Kaduna’s ‘sambisa Forest’ Is Liberated / Why We Back Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Administration – APC - See More At: Http:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.