Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,862 members, 7,909,237 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 08:29 PM

Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos (17428 Views)

Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by Seun(m): 10:34pm On Oct 29, 2005
Please don't be offended if something you've read or will read on this thread upsets you badly.

Stella Obasanjo was a nice woman who made a lot of friends in high places and fought for women in politics. She fought for her husband too, and when Kudirat died she relaised that she was putting herself in danger!
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by slary(m): 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2005
Aftermath of Bellview Air Crash: Will the families of the victims be compensated?
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by queen2(f): 7:38pm On Oct 30, 2005
slary:

Aftermath of Bellview Air Crash: Will the families of the victims be compensated?

I doubt it, that never happened in Nigeria, i think
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by hotangel2(f): 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2005
YOu think so QUeen. But I KNOW so. It will never happen!
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by SirKay3(m): 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2005
They'ld all be compensated. Infact a token is on the way for them this week from Bellview, pending when the actual amount would be paid. When ADC crashed in 1996 @ Ejinrin, the next of kins of the victims were duely compensated, cos I have a church member in the plane then and knew when the wife was paid
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by queen2(f): 8:17pm On Oct 30, 2005
Sir Kay:

They'ld all be compensated. Infact a token is on the way for them this week from Bellview, pending when the actual amount would be paid. When ADC crashed in 1996 @ Ejinrin, the next of kins of the victims were duely compensated, because I have a church member in the plane then and knew when the wife was paid

GLORY BE TO GOD, wow! thats amazing...
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by hotangel2(f): 10:47pm On Oct 30, 2005
Okay that's amazing. Let's wait and see it happen!
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by drbigdaddyg(m): 8:31am On Oct 31, 2005
Then wasn't Nigeria of today.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by vizion: 10:15am On Nov 01, 2005
slary:

yes

the airline insures every passenger

i heard some thing will be paid this week pending the payment of main money
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by goodguy(m): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2005
hmmm...

Well, all I know is that there's a reason to everything that happens to mankind. I agree with someone who said it was predestined to happen that way (i.e. the plane crash). God is not evil, but then, he allows certain things to happen for our own good.

What annoys me the most about disasters like this is when those who have managed to escape the disaster would say things like, "I was going to board the plane but I was late and I missed the plane. Thanks God o".
Of course, they have to thank God for they were not part of the crash. If you were in their shoes, you'd do the same.

As if to say that those that perished were all sinners, while those who were lucky to espcape were saints. As if to say that God rewards laziness and lateness but punishes those who are hardworking and prompt.
It's nothing like the way you are seeing it at all. I know of someone who had to go to Abuja with the same airline, he was to enter the same airplane that had a crash. He was so much in a hurry because he was delayed by his mother that he didn't even eat the food that was prepared for him. He eventually boarded a taxi to take him to the airport. On getting there, he was told that the plane he was supposed to enter (which was the same that had a crash) just left some seconds ago. When he later discovered that it was the same plane that crashed, he gave a testimony in his church.

What I'm trying to say here is this: It's not that he is better than those who died in the crash, it was just by the grace of God. Only God knows why HE prevented some people from entering the same plane that HE made some others to enter. We cannot question HIM. smiley
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by Greatpeter(m): 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2005
Thanks to Mr. President, contrary to the pronouncement of our Hon. Minister of Aviation (Prof. Borishade)who said reports of the cause of Bellview plane crash will not be public, the President has orded the cause be known to the public.

So the relatives of the victims and geral public will know the cause of the crash.
OBJ Kudos, Hon. Minister learn will from OBJ's trasparency and opential govt
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by goodguy(m): 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2005
That's so nice to hear.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by queen2(f): 5:10pm On Nov 02, 2005
that's good
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by gentleone(f): 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2005
yea, good to know the cause will be made known to the public and yes, the families will be compensated as well,$100,000 each.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by goodguy(m): 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2005
I think it's too small. What does 14 million naira want to do for them? rolleyes
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by drbigdaddyg(m): 8:34am On Nov 05, 2005
Naira can never buy lovely ones. I guess thats why it is just for compensation.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by gentleone(f): 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2005
yep, its just compensation though we cant compare it with the lost lives but i believe the compensation will help some families. i wish the money could have been paid in a sort of trust fund for the children of the victims cos next thing u know, families will start fighting over the compensation
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by Hunter(m): 1:38pm On Nov 05, 2005
At least it's a start, and that amount of money will go a long way in nigeria (admitably at a terriable cost)
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by osofuye(m): 6:27pm On Nov 05, 2005
layi, before i say anything i would like to know if u are from ogun state. u dont seem to be sympathetic at all. o ga fuun ee o, abeg we dey mourn for ogun.

black day cont black black black
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by drbigdaddyg(m): 10:23am On Nov 12, 2005
gentleone, I am still thinking over what you said rolleyes
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by gentleone(f): 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2005
@drbigdaddyg, about what?
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by vizion: 7:47am On Nov 16, 2005
goodguy:

I think it's too small. What does 14 million naira want to do for them? rolleyes

even if no amount of money can buy life the amount pay out as compensation is okay
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by drbigdaddyg(m): 8:26am On Nov 16, 2005
Gentleone, I mean you have a point there
i wish the money could have been paid in a sort of trust fund for the children of the victims because next thing u know, families will start fighting over the compensation
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by vizion: 8:41am On Nov 16, 2005
the money will be paid to their beneficiary

P.S. people should learn to update their will
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by prettyH(f): 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2005
please no amt of money can bring a loved one back sad. lost my aunt cryand i know no compensation can heal the family she left behind. even if they compensate them, how much can they possibly give that will surmount to what those that died would av benefited their families in the future.

In like vein , i understand the points people r tryn to prove that at least they'll give them something unlike in previous disasters. but we all know nija now, the bureaucratic process will totally destroy the whole objective and leaves beneficiaries stranded.

Although heard money has been sent out to legit next of kin so at least thats a good start. But why does ngr av to wait for a calamity of such magnitude to occur. Come to think of it, if the money been given out had been used to sort out the aircrafts , wont it have made a diff? undecided undecided

@vizion

how many nigerians have wills?
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by bani(m): 9:57am On Nov 28, 2005
I have being following the whole story on the bellview, and i just heard the recent announcement by the Federal Govt, offering a sum of money for any information on the black box. And i really started feeling like a 'mooron' on behalf of we the 'lower nigerians'. attached is a report from the Daily independent on the issue of the black box, that was after the crash and we didnt get any apology or denial from him when the federal Govt said the black box ha not been found.
i listened to a chat by some aviation experts on AIT, and they said the recovery of a black box from a crash site should not be to hard and with the help of the manufactuers of the plane 'cos they said they have trackers' , one wonders why it has not been found till date. and we hear the box is indestructable.
so i ask again what is 'SOMEONE or should i say SOME PEOPLE' trying to hide.
and the whole issue of some Govt official 'narrowly' missing the flight. and is it also coincidental that it was mostly some 'officials' in support of Obj's 3rd term bid that were on dat plane, and some dat have'sympathetic wannabe president(s)' as friends had last minute change of plans.
i wonder if theres a connection we are missing

Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by EddyTells(m): 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2005
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by lamya: 5:43pm On Feb 04, 2006
To Sara..
Hi,

I'm an Eritean girl...I had my friend,we were kids when we last time saw each other,but she was my best friend,and she always was like that.It's been more than 12 years since last time we saw each other.When i heard she was on this airplane that crashed,i felt this world moving around me.It was a feeling that i really can never describe,it was abig loss for her family,people who loved her,and afcourse to me.I always had a feelinga and kept wondering that we might meet some day,but before hearing of this tragedy,i kept thinking of her and remmbering her,i can't explain that!! But that's the fact, i always feel when i'm about to loose someone,but i never get it untill it happen's.Dear Sara,this is for you..You were always someone speciall,and you deserve the highset level in Heaven,there with your father.I pray for you that your soul rest in peace,shall never ever forget you.

Always loyal to your memory...

Lamya your friend...
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by lincDzinc(m): 8:33pm On Dec 21, 2008
may the souls of the departed rest in perfect peace, amen
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2008
My childhood friend died in that crash, aged 34.

Oscar Umasabor, he was a brilliant attorney, just making a name for himself.
Re: Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos by codded007: 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2012
Hunter: Belview Plane Missing

News Source: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=68304
d plane took off from abuja not from lagos! A friend boarded d same plane dis mornin and while coming bak to lag,it crashed! What a pity!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

80 Days Across West Africa: #jollofroad; A Z!KOKO Road Trip / 3 Arik Staff Arrested For Stealing Jet Fuel From Arik Plane / Car Rammed Into Pap Seller, Injured Her And 2 Of Her Grandchildren In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.