Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,754 members, 7,875,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:49 AM

Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari (20899 Views)

NIA And SGF Probe To Be Held Behind Closed Doors / You Can’t Execute Rev. King, Others, Falana Tells Ambode / Falana Tells Buhari To Release Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Mogidi: 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
I have confirmed that the petition against the cabal of fuel importers was submitted to the EFCC sometime in January 2012 by the immediate past Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Deziani Alison-Madueke on the directive of President Jonathan.

“Even the petition against those who duped the nation of hundrerds of millions of dollars through the oil swap scam was also submitted to the EFCC by her after the 2015 presidential election.
This is coming from Falana.

2 Likes

Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Dindondin(m): 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
Seconded.
Buhari's stylish revenge mission ll affect his good deeds. Also, he's stylishly a bigot
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Johnnoo(m): 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
Omambala1:
Coming from an APC Lawyer.... "Things Fall Apart"

Meanwhile, am sorry INTROVERT, i never meant to hurt you!

Leave INTROVERT alone... Kilode?
If you like her just walk up to her and tell her...
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by qualityovenbake(m): 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
The probe must take place. The searchlight should also focus on other past regime embroiled in corruption. Focusing only on jonathan government will only be seen as witch hunting.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by mrborntodoit: 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
kennygee:

That is the truth.

Why not take it down to his APC supporters.

His campaign was funded by the most corrupt thieves in this country.

I see the probe will not affect them.

My sister,I tire for the matter ooooo
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by eph12(m): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
BabaO2:
It cant be effective if extended beyond Jonathan's administration.
And you know this because?
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by elohorayodele: 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ephemmm:
Who stopped GEJ from probing his predecessor(s)? Which part of constitution outlined where you must start a probe and where it would come to an end? Even if he will probe others, don't you think it is better to start from the immediate where all documentation can be easily verified?

Don't worry Falana, PMB will even probe Lord Lugard and other Colonial Masters.

As there is no statute of limitation with respect to corruption cases aggrieved Nigerian citizens cannot be restrained from exposing corrupt practices of successive regimes. More so, that President Buhari has requested the Obama Administration to assist in the recovery and repatriation of $150 billion stolen from Nigerian in the past decade. “

So we should forget the 150B abi?
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by eph12(m): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2015
Kx:

Scared of what bro?
Is the review of past leaders the job of pmb as a person or that of the office of the new occupier of the current presidio so to speak?

If gej couldn't do his part, it is only normal for pmb to probe d admin that handed over to him
Please is this in our constitution or laws or anywhere?
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by rusher14: 3:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
jmoore:

Buhari got no balls, he is afraid of Obj and co.

We accept.

But he'll start with his immediate predecessor whose duty it is to inform on what he inherited.

If he colluded with past leaders that would be his fault.

1 Like

Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by BabaO2: 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
eph12:

And you know this because?
From realist point of view. Jonathan's government was the most openly corrupt government ever in the world.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by thinkdip(m): 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
dmyke:

Of course many will pretend they didn't read this.
don't mind them. and some foolish people will start calling buhari to jail her
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by henrysam(m): 3:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
If Buhari continue to dilly dally on the time and period to start probing corruption he will never achieve anything meaningful in terms of developments and it's the masses that will suffer.
I think the best is to promise a plea bargain to those people who have looted the treasury when they have been thoroughly investigated and found guilty beyond reasonable doubt.
They should refund whatever that have been looted and Buhari should block all the loopholes that is making it easy for people to be corrupted.
With this he can be able to move forward and give divided of democracy to the majority of the populace.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by ceejay80s(m): 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:
This is what we have been saying o. How can he limit his probe to only Jonathan?
Because gej is the only ex president before PMB, na me say make gej no probe obasanjo ?
U nairalanders no want this country to better, I sorry for all of una

1 Like

Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
ceejay80s:

Because gej is the only ex president before PMB, na me say make gej no probe obasanjo ?
It still doesn't justifies partial probe
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by dadatolu: 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
FearGodinall:
No, you got it wrong,what he's saying is start it from when we came back to democratic rule, which is 1999 that's when we can get it done. Why are you scared.

How long will that take?
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by philips70(m): 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:
This is what we have been saying o. How can he limit his probe to only Jonathan?

I bet you limiting probe to Jonathan's administration is just mere political talk. Buhari will not be the one to prosecute these people but the anti-corruption body. So who will stop them from receiving petitions from anyone who has evidence against anyone from OBJ's government? And you really think Buhari will limit any probe to the last administration? Is it not the same him that said they should dust the files of Halliburton scandal? All he needs is support from ordinary Nigerians and the media which is not coming cheap because of the problems of ethnic, political and religious bias that has eaten too deep into us. His body language, if given all the powers he needs is to send anyone found guilty to jail irrespective of where he belongs. That is what I see, but me and you know there are too many factors militating against this. Little of this is found here on Nairaland of which you are one of the biggest champions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by chesterlee(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
ceejay80s:

So your small brain tell u say Goodluck replace OBJ?
Smh....

People talking abt Probing predecessors... so Y'all expected GEJ to probe a dead Yar'dua?

Continue!!!

1 Like

Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by 989900: 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
rusher14:

We accept.

But he'll start with his immediate predecessor whose duty it is to inform on what he inherited.

If he colluded with past leaders that would be his fault.

. . . and we will proceed from there. GEJ and co. should point us in the right direction when their a$$.es r grilled.

1 Like

Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by 989900: 4:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
philips70:

I bet you limiting probe to Jonathan's administration is just mere political talk. Buhari will not be the one to prosecute these people but the anti-corruption body. So who will stop them from receiving petitions from anyone who has evidence against anyone from OBJ's government? And you really think Buhari will limit any probe to the last administration? Is it not the same him that said they should dust the files of Halliburton scandal? All he needs is support from ordinary Nigerians and the media which is not coming cheap because of the problems of ethnic, political and religious bias that has eaten too deep into us. His body language, if given all the powers he needs is to send anyone found guilty to jail irrespective of where he belongs. That is what I see, but me and you know there are too many factors militating against this. Little of this is found here on Nairaland of which you are one of the biggest champions.

How can I like this twice?
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by 989900: 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
chesterlee:

So your small brain tell u say Goodluck replace OBJ?
Smh....

People talking abt Probing predecessors... so Y'all expected GEJ to probe a dead Yar'dua?

Continue!!!

And your huge brain can't recollect who Yar'Adua's number 2 and acting president was?
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by situationroom: 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
to be sincere..the future of this government is getting darker
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
philips70:

Oga Philips, Buhari himself said he will limit to Jonathan administration which invalidates the reported "plan" of Haliburton probe. Why hasn't Buhari commenced Haliburton probe? It is clear that Buhari is confused himself and insincere.

1 Like

Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Bern1992(m): 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
dont worry worry he will xtend it to you..

idiot.. sad
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by eph12(m): 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
BabaO2:

From realist point of view. Jonathan's government was the most openly corrupt government ever in the world.
Bro you not making sense. Nobody is asking who is the most corrupt or who ran the most corrupt government. The heavy presence of social media is the difference in this case between the level of corruption now and pre-Jonathan. Nobody is saying don't probe him. Please do but extend it to others. It is not his work to do the probing. There are people employed to do this. There are agencies created for this. So what is our problem?
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Ribaman(m): 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
BabaO2:
It cant be effective if extended beyond Jonathan's administration.
s

So nobody was guilty of stealing before GEJ?
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by iyaaliyah: 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thank you oh. Why did Jonathan not probe alk these ple.?

Ephemmm:
Who stopped GEJ from probing his predecessor(s)? Which part of constitution outlined where you must start a probe and where it would come to an end? Even if he will probe others, don't you think it is better to start from the immediate where all documentation can be easily verified?

Don't worry Falana, PMB will even probe Lord Lugard and other Colonial Masters.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by azimibraun: 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
I just lose respect for anybody who accuses Buhari of planning on limiting his probe to GEJ... Hs spokeman clearly said this on Channelstv that the Buhari probe will follow the trail anywhere it leads to... You could start a particular case and it will lead you beyond GEJs...

2 Likes

Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by sheymoni(m): 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
Falana should park well jor. U mean baba should start probing from 1999 when jonathan himself had already exonerated the administration before him by not probing them. The only administration that requires probing is jonathan's
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Curiouscity(m): 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
This is why I don't like how sentimental Nigerian youths can be. We easily forget events and facts rather dwell sentiment or follow bandwagon.

Everyone is 'afraid' of Buhari and start acting like Buhari is a god. This same Buhari that destroyed democracy through coup de etat, yet has no decency to apologize to Nigerians. In 2000, OBJ set up Oputa panel to investigate the abnormalities and human abuses of the Military era. When Buhari was invited, he refused to appear. Yet this is the man who by hook and crook has found himself as a democratically elected president, and we are all ready licking his steps and mis-steps. This man never helped to strengthen our institutions, yet wants to acts as a god!!

I am for good governance, but I hate hypocrisy!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by goshen26: 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
D whole matter tire me....wait o! Whr is Patrick Obahiagbon? We want him to comment on this.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by BabaO2: 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ribaman:
s

So nobody was guilty of stealing before GEJ?
Ofcourse yes, but not as if there was no laws against public funds in Nigeria like it happened in Jonathan's era. A situation where only the president and finance minister taking money from ECA account., posting monies into various bank accounts abroad...etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Passingshots Analysis On Refineries Featured On Keeping It Real. / Present Your Pry Sch Certificate Before Getting Salaries-osun Govt Tells Workers / Team Change: Before It Is Too Late - Japheth Omojuwa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.