Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:43 AM

Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari (20896 Views)

NIA And SGF Probe To Be Held Behind Closed Doors / You Can’t Execute Rev. King, Others, Falana Tells Ambode / Falana Tells Buhari To Release Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by philips70(m): 4:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:

Oga Philips, Buhari himself said he will limit to Jonathan administration which invalidates the reported "plan" of Haliburton probe. Why hasn't Buhari commenced Haliburton probe? It is clear that Buhari is confused himself and insincere.

When a truly independent anti-corruption body is constituted and manned by a Jega-like person, Buhari will have equal opportunity of sending petitions to it just like you, me and any other concerned Nigerian. Get ready to send your petitions and not only labeling people corrupt only on Nairaland and other social media sources.

1 Like

Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Kx: 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
eph12:

Please is this in our constitution or laws or anywhere?

[size=14pt]Is it in our constitution to steal the nation black and blue becos our laws did not institute probes and probity?[/size]
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
philips70:

When a truly independent anti-corruption body is constituted and manned by a Jega-like person, Buhari will have equal opportunity of sending petitions to it just like you, me and any other concerned Nigerian. Get ready to send your petitions and not only labeling people corrupt only on Nairaland and other social media sources.
I will even be prepared to do that but that is "when". Jonathan in his own wisdom hired Jega and Jega did a good job (not great). When will Buhati start appointing credible people? When?
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by 989900: 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:

Oga Philips, Buhari himself said he will limit to Jonathan administration which invalidates the reported "plan" of Haliburton probe. Why hasn't Buhari commenced Haliburton probe? It is clear that Buhari is confused himself and insincere.

Buhari also said he will not probe oga Jona before the elections . . . everyone's learnt from pa Awo's mistake in '79. Politicians would say what they deem fitting at the moment (lie) -- yes they all do!

BTW, nothing is set in stone! It's all ephemeral at this point. If GEJ and gang likes, they can still keep mum, or point us further . . .
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2015
989900:

Buhari also said he will not probe oga Jona before the elections . . . everyone's learnt from pa Awo's mistake in '79. Politicians would say what they deem fitting at the moment (lie) -- yes they all do!

BTW, nothing is set in stone! It's all ephemeral at this point. If GEJ and gang likes, they can still keep mum, or point us further . . .
Buhari should have let it rest instead of this controversy
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by sammhi(m): 4:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
BabaO2:

Ofcourse yes, but not as if there was no laws against public funds in Nigeria like it happened in Jonathan's era. A situation where only the president and finance minister taking money from ECA account., posting monies into various bank accounts abroad...etc

Oga, ECA is unconstitutional!!.there was no ECA until 2004...go check your record. But it is an illegal account set up by OBJ to defraud the governors. That is why they went to court. If they had allowed court process to go full length. The supreme court will nullify it because it is ilegal
it is not in the constitution.
in any case, saving money in a country with zero welfare and infrastructure makes no sense...
if those money are wisely invested, then we will reap the benefit.....

1 Like

Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by freedom96: 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
kennygee:

That is the truth.

Why not take it down to his APC supporters.

His campaign was funded by the most corrupt thieves in this country.

I see the probe will not affect them.
sh!t!What's the truth?BH are buhari boys? shocked

I didn't see this coming from you
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Ayietim(m): 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
We all have a good deposit of greatness in us but we need an explorer to find us, a miner to mine us and a refiner to refine and polish us.
https://ayietim./2015/07/28/dont-judge-a-book-by-its-cover/
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by philips70(m): 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:
I will even be prepared to do that but that is "when". Jonathan in his own wisdom hired Jega and Jega did a good job (not great). When will Buhati start appointing credible people? When?

In the fulness of time. Stay tuned.

And yes I agreed with you Jega did not do a great job but I have to admit it had nothing to do with his integrity but with available capacity.

1 Like

Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
philips70:

In the fulness of time. Stay tuned.

And yes I agreed with you Jega did not do a great job but I have to admit it had nothing to do with his integrity but with available capacity.
Fullness of time or emptiness of time? Do we have to wait till the sound of the Christian trumpet? grin
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by chigoizie7(m): 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Falana has gotten his senses back

Not just falana, many of them too
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by philips70(m): 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:
Fullness of time or emptiness of time? Do we have to wait till the sound of the Christian trumpet? grin

The Jagaban of Borgu just told you he has 100 days of honeymoon and after that you can ask questions if not you can visit Oba Akiolu or Oshiomole for directives.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
philips70:

The Jagaban of Borgu just told you he has 100 days of honeymoon and after that you can ask questions if not you can visit Oba Akiolu or Oshiomole for directives.
Tell Jagajaga of Bourdillon say Nigerians no get that kind patience.

1 Like

Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Dmano: 5:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
Truth is how is he going 2 get this 150b 4rm US? if he limit his probe gej administration,is he not ready 2 get d whole money?pls let me know if i can get of past administration that he is not interested in their loots. I guest i make common sense
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by maximilian19(m): 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
FearGodinall:
No, you got it wrong,what he's saying is start it from when we came back to democratic rule, which is 1999 that's when we can get it done. Why are you scared.

PMB can't take it to 1999 cos it very easy to catch himself as one of those who stole nigeria money with his family member under PTF b4 handing over to democracy in 1999, cos he most give account how he spent the PTfund money b4 handover.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by philips70(m): 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:

Tell Jagajaga of Bourdillon say Nigerians no get that kind patience.

We no get choice.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by zheroes(m): 5:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
I trust my PMB ,he will definitely start from Jonathan's administration, if you don't like it when you become the next president you can probe from 1960. if he starts from 1999, what will he achieve in 4 years? probing right? and the same dumb ass fellas will open their mouths to talk crap that he didn't achieve what he promised. it was a failure on the part of the last administration not to have probed the administration before them, why would you expect PMB to take responsibility for his failure, if he decides to fine, if not, he should never be faulted. that's my humble opinion.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
philips70:

We no get choice.
We? Say Jagaban no give una choice?
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by aspirebig: 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
Probe every govt from 1960, then I will take you serious.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Akinz0126(m): 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
As for me ooo,I fink this man is making sense because if corruption is to be dealt with and uprooted in Nigeria we o trace it back to the grassroot were its stems from.If a foundation of a building is faulty,if the building its self is not demolish to the foundation(root)and relay another foundation how can the house be outstanding and firm?
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by philips70(m): 5:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:
We? Say Jagaban no give una choice?

Nigerians including you don't have a choice. Your choice ended March 28th until 2019. The only choice you have now is to either support a good government or keep wailing which is very daunting.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by eph12(m): 6:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
Kx:

[size=14pt]Is it in our constitution to steal the nation black and blue becos our laws did not institute probes and probity?[/size]
Don't know the difference between this your wailing and the ones you call wailing wailers o. The message to Buhari is loud and clear. Don't be selective in your agenda. We want him to probe so he is expected to probe everyone especially from the beginning of democratic rule. I just hope he won't shield his friends when they have cases to answer because EVERY politician that has handled power especially in Nigeria must has committed one punishable offence.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by poseidon12: 6:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
BabaO2:
It cant be effective if extended beyond Jonathan's administration.
how so? They should go after any corruption case for which there is evidence, whether it happened during Jonathan's administration or Obasanjo's or IBB's. As the activist lawyer, Femi Falana said, there is no statute of limitation here.
By the way, if it is limited to Jonathan's administration, it would rightly be seen as political vendetta. I would see it as that because I know that almost all the past regimes were very corrupt. There should be no selective prosecution. You lose credibility when you start being selective.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
philips70:

Nigerians including you don't have a choice. Your choice ended March 28th until 2019. The only choice you have now is to either support a good government or keep wailing which is very daunting.
hahahahaha we go de "wail" and rant na. How yur side bro?
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Iyoma2(f): 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2015
Good talk, if Buhari Trully came to remove Kworoption from Nigeria, he shuld start from where Nigerian Began as an independent Nation. If Buhari is not learned to that point, I believe he can listen to this advice from Falana.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by philips70(m): 6:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:
hahahahaha we go de "wail" and rant na. How yur side bro?

We dey manage the small things uncle Jona and he people destroy remain until the Moses of our time fix them all.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
philips70:

We dey manage the small things uncle Jona and he people destroy remain until the Moses of our time fix them all.
Who be the moses? Hahaahhaahahaha na so them tell una for Bourdillon?
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by bobbiekrantz: 6:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
simpleseyi:
Thats a Yoruba APC laywer saying the truth according to his conscience and according to the ethics of his profession. But can my Biafruad brethren ever criticize their drunk brother from Orueke? NO. Everything the drunk Otuoke fisherman did, does and will do is right including using over one billion naira to feed his hippopo family yearly.

A "Drunk fisherman" who ruled you and your useless hopeless insignificant family for Six years...

Bigoted raped piq!!
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by refreshrate: 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
Which APC thoughts, actions (& inactions) or words can be justified?
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by badesco(m): 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
Barrister Falana is 100% right. if you must probe amybody or past government,
then he must probe all from Independence and if he cannot do it, SALAM AND OTHERS.
Re: Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari by philips70(m): 7:21pm On Jul 28, 2015
barcanista:
Who be the moses? Hahaahhaahahaha na so them tell una for Bourdillon?

Every Nigerian apart from the collective children of multiple anger AKA Wailing Wailers know say an Moses of our time dey Aso Rock now so. You guys are just acting like those Israelites complaining about Moses during that time. But it still didn't stop Moses from leading them out of Egypt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Team Change: Before It Is Too Late - Japheth Omojuwa. / Amasa Firdu: Hijab Protesters Storm National Assembly (Photos) / Were #EndSARS Protesters Not Killed At Lekki Tollgate As MC Oluomo Claimed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.