Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:35 PM

6,000mw: Minister Can’t Supply Work Plan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6,000mw: Minister Can’t Supply Work Plan (671 Views)

We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari / Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism / 6,000mw Of Electricity Supply By Dec May Be Unrealistic - Minister Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6,000mw: Minister Can’t Supply Work Plan by blacksta(m): 8:26am On Mar 18, 2009
Minister of Power, Dr. Lanre Babalola, on Tuesday failed to offer details of the work plan of the Federal Government to achieve 6,000 megawatts of electricity by the end of the year, in spite of earlier boast and assurances on the targeted figure before the National Assembly members.

The drama occurred as the House of Representatives Committee on Power headed by Honourable Ndudi Godwin Elumelu tasked the minister to stop dwelling on grammar and come up with concrete work plan on the amount of megawatts that the ministry wanted to add to the current figure on weekly and monthly bases from now and how the target was to be met.

Elumelu had told the minister that the committee was not impressed with the assurances he (the minister) had been giving on the targeted figure of 6,000 megawatts, saying: “If I allow you to go now, my members will accuse me that I only allowed you to come here to speak grammar.”

Babalola, who looked worried after the request and had to consult with officials that came with him, told the committee that he would have to come back with appropriate figure since he had no work plan with him.

“We did not come here with the appropriate figure. I have no doubt that we can easily come back,” he pleaded.
Re: 6,000mw: Minister Can’t Supply Work Plan by blacksta(m): 8:30am On Mar 18, 2009
This clearly confirms the sorry state of Nigeria's affairs. Is it possible for a Minister to be summoned for a hearing at the senate without going to the house  with the master work plan or may be non exists.  Has anybody seen the master plan for VISION 2020 or is it more of a gimmick
Re: 6,000mw: Minister Can’t Supply Work Plan by RICHIEBOI1(m): 9:16am On Mar 18, 2009
the law makers said a vote of no confidence will be passed on the minister if he fails to achieve 6,ooomw of electricity at the end of the year. hmmmmmm! lipsrsealed
Re: 6,000mw: Minister Can’t Supply Work Plan by adeyemik: 9:55am On Mar 18, 2009
Ha ha,

Fellow naija people una suppose see the writing for wall. The minister just dey look for avenue to chop money. OBJ used 8 years e no fit achieve d 10000mw, e wan com use 10 months achieve 6000mw, representing 60% of OBJ's unachieved objective.

Abeg, se these our so called leaders think say naija people be mumu abi na wetin? Instead mak hin say e wan chop money, dey man dey blow grammer.

(1) (Reply)

Danger: What If Nigerians In Diaspora Decide To All Come Back Home Today! / Obasanjo Spiralling Out Of Control After Being Accused Of Corruption / My Faith In Nigeria Unshaken, Says Iwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.