Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,184 members, 7,880,692 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:42 AM

Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today (24593 Views)

Ministerial List: September Deadline Stands – Presidency (Today.ng) / Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why / Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by vicenzo(m): 4:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
Joy Ogwu, use all the Ogwu( charms) at your disposal to help us push through our Biafran agenda, don't forget where you are from.

Anioma people had always played a prominent role in Igbo nationalism, Zik, Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna were all Anioma people. Perhaps another Anioma
woman can leave her print permanently on Igbo history, positively.

Providence placed you at the UN at this particular point in Igbo history for a reason.

8 Likes

Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by modhream: 4:17pm On Aug 01, 2015
imhotep:
Is she from Daura? cheesy cheesy
Was she appointed by the Daura Emirate?

1 Like

Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by kel5000(m): 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2015
I know he is o!
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by freedom96: 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
don't even dare me on Intl politics. Fool.

Stop celebrating everything like its a big deal. If truly you understand how the UN security council works then you will know that Nigeria just got a post without any power
Do u have to insult me? angry

But seriously are u commenting on international politcs? cheesy

Lemme guess,You are an international political analyst from anambra,are you? cheesy
Nice dress by the way smiley

Are u a sales girl?
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by qtx(m): 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
good.
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by melzabull(f): 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
Evathyst:
See how this spokesperson carry such ceremonial appointment for head as if na one kind better thing.

Oya, if the newly elected president of Security Council get liver, make she dismantle ISIS within that her one month appointment.

What am I even saying self, is it not the same UN where Americas one security vote equals 99 votes or more? Mtcheew!

Next news abeg!
Is that why you want yo kill yourself?

1 Like

Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by fkaz(m): 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2015
Icon4s:
Immediately I saw Nigerian woman i knew it will b an Igbo woman. While women from oodua republic are busy jumping from one husband to the other Igbo women are doing Nigeria proud. cheesy

Well, thank to former president olusegun obasanjo born of a oduduwa woman, who discover prof joy ogwu and send her to international politics

Joy Uche Angela Ogwu(born August 23, 1946) is a former Foreign Minister of Nigeria and has been the Permanent Representativeof Nigeria to the United Nationsin New York since 2008. [ 1 ]She is the first woman to hold the post of Permanent Representative to the United Nations in the history of Nigeria. Prior to her ministerial career, Dr. Joy Ogwu, who is from Delta State, served as Director–General of the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs(NIIA).
She was appointed Foreign Minister by Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjoon August 30, 2006.

In 2008, Ogwu became the Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the UN in New York. Ogwu was the President of the UN Security Councilin July 2010 and in October 2011.

1 Like

Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2015
Do you know Igbo women are at the top three of the world's most desired women? Their bride price are expensive for a reason.

8 Likes

Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2015
modhream:

Was she appointed by the Daura Emirate?
Let me check saharareporters.com, I will get back to you grin grin grin
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by 1miccza: 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
What are the benefits of the Presidency when the BIG 5 have the final say in all matters

Nice question
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by CSTR2: 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2015
madridguy:
Do you mean imperial college in India ?

United kingdom

1 Like

Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by ttmacoy: 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2015
See what Buhari has done oh. Sai Sai

Lol

CSTR2:
I am waiting for the first slowpoke that will attribute this to buhari.
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by Fleshly: 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
Icon4s:
Immediately I saw Nigerian woman i knew it will b an Igbo woman. While women from oodua republic are busy jumping from one husband to the other Igbo women are doing Nigeria proud. cheesy

God Bless You!
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by fairlyisabel(f): 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
new2020:
Do you know Igbo women are at the top three of the world's most desired women? Their bride price are expensive for a reason.
cheesy I love this!

2 Likes

Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by fairlyisabel(f): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2015
VICALUFUO:
wishing papillo,myself and van vicker happy
birthday. There is something in common btw us.
hope you are as cute as them especially van vicker.
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by fairlyisabel(f): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2015
fabmuazu7:
More women will be appointed in Great places.
Amen!
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by oloyede252(m): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2015
KinkyAngela:
I hope Professor Joy Ogwu will use her lofty position as the President of the United Nations Security Council to help the igbos accomplish their biafra ambition.

Biafra Republic must be actualised in Jesus name. Amen
are u stupid or foolish?which one....
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
Hahahahaha. Now your headline says NIGERIAN WOMAN cos Its à Good thing. Ada igbo dalu. Igbo women we ré moving forward. Igbo kwenu.

3 Likes

Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by madridguy(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ok

CSTR2:
United kingdom
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by basilo101: 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
U will never hear d names of d quota system products wen its in d international comunity wia things are purely on merit.

1 Like

Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by erimmy(m): 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2015
Freemanan:

Ode... Buhari appointed her as the President?
Abah,bro you are not better.The woman was appointed Nigeria's permanent representative on the united nations security council before the buhari's administration and it only happens that she is elected as the President of the council for the month of August. As a matter of fact she has been elected before.That's because Nigeria as a member is elected
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by Forwetinnah: 5:26pm On Aug 01, 2015
Biafra pressing the right buttons kiss

1 Like

Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by denssing: 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2015
kudos
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by BraniacX(m): 5:36pm On Aug 01, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Joy Ogwu will soon be replaced for her role in abstaining (being neutral just like Britain did) during the last SC vote for enforcement of Palestine's emergency boundaries.

Yes

For not voting for like buhari will want
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by frrank(m): 5:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
KinkyAngela:
[s] I hope Professor Joy Ogwu will use her lofty position as the President of the United Nations Security Council to help the igbos accomplish their biafra ambition.

Biafra Republic must be actualised in [/s] Jesus name. Amen
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 6:56pm On Aug 01, 2015
sweetgala:

Nigeria was not neutral the last resolution on palestine, we voted in favour of Isreal for the first time in our history

No madam, Nigeria abstained, just like United Kingdom that day.
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
erimmy:
Abah,bro you are not better.The woman was appointed Nigeria's permanent representative on the united nations security council before the buhari's administration and it only happens that she is elected as the President of the council for the month of August. As a matter of fact she has been elected before.That's because Nigeria as a member is elected
Seems you don't understand me. I meant Buhari has no hand whatsoever in this..
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by Evathyst(f): 8:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
melzabull:
Is that why you want yo kill yourself?
Bia, who untied you?

1 Like

Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by Evathyst(f): 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
sdindan:

Enemy of progress
Just like you abi grin
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
Evathyst:
Bia, who untied you?
Looooooooooool
Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 01, 2015
Congratulations!

The woman is a prof while the Nigerian president parades electricity bills as certificates is acceptable to those who want him to rule them in their primitiveness.
angry lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today by naijaking1: 11:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
steppin:
Since the daura dullardd won't appoint Igbos in his
abokii cabinet, the rest of the world seems to notice the
importance of the Igbos.
Kudos to Joy Ogwu.
Nl rats can quote freely, it's allowed.

No talk too much before they replace her with Amina from Daura

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chidiebube Okeoma: Police Slap Punch Reporter For Interviewing Protesting Widows / Umar Dikko Rada Joins Tinubu In Ogun State To Meet Delegates / Michael Chibuzo Replies Obi's Criticism Of The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.