Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,122 members, 7,887,246 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:01 AM

Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] - Phones (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (443758 Views)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by AwesomeRomeo: 9:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
Dam5reey:

Did you do this too...?

Setting >>>>more >>>standby network management..

I just flash my phone so I'm doing what I did to solve notification issue
I did it. No 3G network in my area undecided
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
Dam5reey:

LOL,
You can do more customization, break every restrictions.. Install customized ROM, use free Internet..

For me na font and blackberry imei change.. finish

I noticed when I flash the stock ROM my blackberry imei was still there . Any reason?
Because u changed the imei with mtk engineering. I think it's more powerful than the stock ROM.
Tell me more about the free browsing stuff.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by MilesLamar(m): 9:25pm On Nov 07, 2015
Guys my front camera refuse to open after the first update... Just did dha latest update.. same insure.. Note I didn't root it
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by AwesomeRomeo: 9:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
tunnamania11:
Since i bought my phone, i've been receiving notifications instantly once I have 3g without opening the apps, at times on Edge (very weak one), it comes late though. So I don't know If the C8 I use is different from what others use.
No 3G network in area right now embarassed
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
Dam5reey:

LOL,
You can do more customization, break every restrictions.. Install customized ROM, use free Internet..

For me na font and blackberry imei change.. finish

I noticed when I flash the stock ROM my blackberry imei was still there . Any reason?
Because u changed the imei with mtk engineering. I think it's more powerful than the stock ROM. It could be because u flashed only recovery.IMG, that retained some elements of root . Even when flashed only recovery , my hifont didn't change, that was when I knew the update can never work except I flash it fully.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 07, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
No 3G network in area right now embarassed
Always pur your phone on 2g in areas with no 3g. You can get another network that has 3g in your area.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 07, 2015
MilesLamar:
Guys my front camera refuse to open after the first update... Just did dha latest update.. same insure.. Note I didn't root it
Reboot your phone, it will work .
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
tunnamania11:

Because u changed the imei with mtk engineering. I think it's more powerful than the stock ROM. It could be because u flashed only recovery.IMG, that retained some elements of root . Even when flashed only recovery , my hifont didn't change, that was when I knew the update can never work except I flash it fully.

I did total flashing.. Just surprised.

I'm currently not using any free browsing..
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 10:01pm On Nov 07, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
I did it. No 3G network in my area undecided

OH I see... Then change the network!
2G, edge o in Nigeria na rubbish especially for Android..
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by supersam95(m): 11:37pm On Nov 07, 2015
Dam5reey:

I regret updating self... Just wasted my precious time...
The 3G,h and H+ na wash...
The phone has the features before just that all shows 3G even when it is switching
I don't even like seeing the network switching of a tin self

Settings >>about phone >> status >>sim status >>Select sim..
me no get time.... I JUST VEX UNINSTALL that system update app from my fone oo cos I don't need it am rooted and enjoying my fone now everything abt the phone is perfect I don't need Tecno's f**king update unless it os 6 marshmallow update....
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by iamwale: 12:12am On Nov 08, 2015
d solution to the notification or multitasking ish is from the battery settings.... enta SETTINGS----->BATTERY----->tap d icon on d top right n off d ba3 saver wateva n also off d intelligent ba3 saver.... doz complaining shud try.... because me I just bought mine dis thursday n am having notifications from whatsapp... even wt 3g or 2g.... if u ar avin ds issue folk my step first n den let me knw... den I will hlp wt som screenshots of hw all my settings is or ask d tecno attendant dat attended to me... cos wen I bought mine d lady did some settings on d fone before giving me.... i jst tnk God dat i ddnt listen to most of u guys comments/post here abt d fone been nt able to receive notifications.... pls try to do what I said am ready to help
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by libertyfo: 4:02am On Nov 08, 2015
so tecno decided to fool/trick you all that if you are rooted you can't do the update.....BIG lie!!!! a friend just dared tecno & nothing happened....me am not rooted anyways so I did the update
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by drss(m): 6:47am On Nov 08, 2015
How can i activate d light sensor of c8?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by KingsleyCEO: 6:49am On Nov 08, 2015
onyeuka:
Just enjoying the latest updates though I bricked the phone but later fix it
can you please drop me your number. I don't seem to understand the whole process. thanks
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 08, 2015
drss:
How can i activate d light sensor of c8?
Settings> display> light> mark all.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by allenuzoma(m): 8:07am On Nov 08, 2015
libertyfo:
so tecno decided to fool/trick you all that if you are rooted you can't do the update.....BIG lie!!!! a friend just dared tecno & nothing happened....me am not rooted anyways so I did the update
there is no foolishness in exercising caution... the only fool will be the man who tries to be a hero and ends up bricking his fone and losing his 25k...The way our camon was rooted...u just can't update like dat...we modified certain files in the 'cell' of d phone during rooting..to prevent a clash..we had to unroot first...we don't know how ur friend did his rooting and updating....but taking risks with electronics devices could be costly and not everyone is financially buoyant to take that gamble!

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 8:29am On Nov 08, 2015
I think the update fixed the battery getting to 100% issue
Mine gets to 100% and did not drop fast...
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by sundaygray(m): 10:43am On Nov 08, 2015
Frontier2:
download psiphon, its very reliable with the latest update
Am not rooted will it work to download the update?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by sundaygray(m): 10:44am On Nov 08, 2015
tunnamania11:

Etisalat 1gb #1000 *229*2*7#
Thanks BRO
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by sundaygray(m): 10:47am On Nov 08, 2015
Can't enjoy browsing with simple server.the phone always force close simple server itself
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by AwesomeRomeo: 11:36am On Nov 08, 2015
Pls help. MTK Droid Root & Tools v2.5.3d at first recognized my device but when I clicked on "root, backup, recovery" they all looked faded, they can't be clicked. I disconnected my phone and try it again, but this time it did not recognized my phone.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by just2endowed: 12:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
for ur quick power bank of durability from Romoss, pls check my signature
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Pls help. MTK Droid Root & Tools v2.5.3d at first recognized my device but when I clicked on "root, backup, recovery" they all looked faded, they can't be clicked. I disconnected my phone and try it again, but this time it did not recognized my phone.
Make sure u ON usb debugging, Reboot your phone and try again.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by MilesLamar(m): 1:45pm On Nov 08, 2015
MilesLamar :
Guys my front camera refuse to open after the
first update... Just did dha latest update.. same
insure.. Note I didn't root it .. n rebootin ain't working.. Jesus Tecno na scammers
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by AwesomeRomeo: 2:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
tunnamania11:

Make sure u ON usb debugging, Reboot your phone and try again.
Bro I connected my phone when it is on, it detected my phone model but no hardware, but in the right hand side of mtk droid tools, it says " ____ERROR : ___TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64!!!"
___Unknown ROM structure, backup NOT possible.

Pls summarize how to do it for me or refer me to a link where I can find the tutorial. Pls I need ur number to add u on whatsapp. Thanks.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by drss(m): 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
tunnamania11:
Settings> display> light> mark all.
thanks it worked. One more thing. hw do i move applications from phone storage to sd card?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Bro I connected my phone when it is on, it detected my phone model but no hardware, but in the right hand side of mtk droid tools, it says " ____ERROR : ___TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64!!!"
___Unknown ROM structure, backup NOT possible.

Pls summarize how to do it for me or refer me to a link where I can find the tutorial. Pls I need ur number to add u on whatsapp. Thanks.
I need to ON my system in order to explain better, but I'm currently busy.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
I just updated my C8 despite the fact that i am rooted, there i nothing to be scared of
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
drss:

thanks it worked.
One more thing. hw do i move applications from phone storage to sd
card?
You can't do that if you are not rooted, you can only select either SD card or Phone as your default storage.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
khenykhey:
I just updated my C8 despite the fact that i am rooted, there i nothing to be scared of
Did u root with sp flash tool?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
tunnamania11:

Did u root with sp flash tool?
Yes i did
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by samesolomon(m): 4:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
khenykhey:
Please explain how you did it,are we being fooled by tecn8?
Please in english for we non tech folks

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (136) (Reply)

How To Write Colored Text On Facebook / List Of All Tecno Android Phones With Their Prices And Specs In Nigeria (PICS) / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.