Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,728 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:45 PM

Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] - Phones (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (442713 Views)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Orientales(m): 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
Guys, please, do I need to download vcom drivers to my system before flashing/rooting my c8? THANKS
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by bigsammysam: 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
Orientales:
Guys, please, do I need to download vcom drivers to my system before flashing/rooting my c8? THANKS
Yes now that is what will let the sp flashtools. to detect ur phone when u off it and connect it to ur system. And make sure u install d correct vcom drivers for ur system.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by AwesomeRomeo: 7:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
Orientales:
Download VCOM drivers and install it manually. Google how to manually install VCOM drivers in PC.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by AwesomeRomeo: 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
MrLAL:
Found a solution. To those who are curious about how I did it, I mistakenly uninstalled king root app (Cos I felt it could conflict with the superuser app)... So all I did was reinstall kingroot app and my phone is now rooted again and works fine now.
Did u use kingroot to root C8?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
bigsammysam:

Pls do not confused people u advice dat when flashing d stock rom d preloader bin should be uncheck. How will the phone boot on even come on when u did not flash d preloader with the rest files. Pls people in the house when u are flashing ur tecno stock rom make sure u tick all the files in it when u loader d scatter files. for gud result so do not be mislead. There is notin like u will lose ur phone for life like what my broda said above. Even if d phone brick dead finally it can be brought back to life. Nobi mouth is what have Done when my phone brick dead totally.
Well, I believe that's to your own understanding. I have been into the phone flashing business for years now and I rarely tamper with the preloader because I know how important it is. Without the preloader, your phone is completely blank. When flashing and you untick the preloader, it means that that sector won't be flashed and it would still retain the one originally installed by the phone manufacturer. This is helpful in cases where the wrong rom or files are flashed because in that case, your phone still retains ability to communicate with computer. Once that ability is lost, the phone is gone forever. You may have been flashing preloader, it's OK. But the day you will get into a hitch, you will remember this post. Secondly, if you doubt me, flash stock rom into your canon C8 without the preloader ticked and see if your phone won't boot up. Your phone will boot up because the preloader sector is not tampered with during installation of rom when preloader is unticked thereby leaving the factory installed preloader to still function
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by AwesomeRomeo: 7:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
macbeyland:

Well, I believe that's to your own understanding. I have been into the phone flashing business for years now and I rarely tamper with the preloader because I know how important it is. Without the preloader, your phone is completely blank. When flashing and you untick the preloader, it means that that sector won't be flashed and it would still retain the one originally installed by the phone manufacturer. This is helpful in cases where the wrong rom or files are flashed because in that case, your phone still retains ability to communicate with computer. Once that ability is lost, the phone is gone forever. You may have been flashing preloader, it's OK. But the day you will get into a hitch, you will remember this post. Secondly, if you doubt me, flash stock rom into your canon C8 without the preloader ticked and see if your phone won't boot up. Your phone will boot up because the preloader sector is not tampered with during installation of rom when preloader is unticked thereby leaving the factory installed preloader to still function
Bro I quoted you and u a question but u didn't answer me. I said what about when Flashing back the rom one has backup using mtk droid tool to the device, am I supposed not to tick the preloaded option?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Bro I quoted you and u a question but u didn't answer me. I said what about when Flashing back the rom one has backup using mtk droid tool to the device, am I supposed not to tick the preloaded option?
it's still the same procedure. Once you open Sp flash tool, click on scatter loading and navigate to your phone backup location of the mtk droid tool, click on the scatter file, and it will load all the files. Untick preloader, then click on download, power off your phone and connect via USB and wait for the process to complete. Note that the actual backup of your phone on mtk droid tool is not the files in the backup folder but the files in the files to flash folder. To understand this better, Google how to prepare mtk droid tool back up for sp flash tool..... Read the instructions from this site. You will also see a place where you were asked not to tick preloader or dsp when flashing

http://www.mtkroms.com/2015/02/how-to-backup-and-restore-your-mtk.html?m=1
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by hyzahya: 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
ABEGGGGG OOO! make una help!
I just flashed back the stock ROM with no problems...buh to update now..e dey tell me say system up to date without even doing the first update not to talk of the second update....is it normal or its a problem??
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
hyzahya:
I just flashed back the stock ROM with no problems...buh to update now..e dey tell me say system up to date without even doing the first update not to talk of the second update....is it normal or its a problem??
not normal bro. Except if the rom you downloaded already contains the update.. Maybe the manufacturer has already added the update to the rom you downloaded
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by hyzahya: 7:58pm On Nov 10, 2015
macbeyland:
not normal bro. Except if the rom you downloaded already contains the update.. Maybe the manufacturer has already added the update to the rom you downloaded

give me the link to the one you downloaded please
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 8:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
hyzahya:

give me the link to the one you downloaded please
it's the link that was posted here in previous pages. The uploader may have deleted previous uploaded file and uploaded a new file. Just check If your phone now has the following options on the pix I will upload. If it does, then you have latest rom. Notice the auto on pix one and your phone should have H and H+ on top network notification... Then in pix 2, notice the tiny padlock icon at the top right hand corner of every minimised app. That's the icon that prevent any app you want from being wiped whenever you click the cleaner button. If your rom has these, then you are on latest rom. If not, I suggest you get a stronger network and check for update again. Maybe your network is preventing communication with tecno server

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by hyzahya: 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
macbeyland:
it's the link that was posted here in previous pages. The uploader may have deleted previous uploaded file and uploaded a new file. Just check If your phone now has the following options on the pix I will upload. If it does, then you have latest rom
drop your WhatsApp no..and please when flashing back the stock ROM did you format the one in the phone or you reloaded it?..cause I was rotted before
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
hyzahya:
drop your WhatsApp no..and please when flashing back the stock ROM did you format the one in the phone or you reloaded it?..cause I was rotted before
I have already posted my procedure above. I didn't format before loading new rom. All I did was to load scatter file, I then unticked preloader. Then I clocked on download at the top of sp flash tool. Then I connected my already off phone and waited until the process complete. Make sure you use the download only option on the drop down menu on sp flash tool

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by omotayor80(m): 9:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
Contact me for a faster delivery of tecno camon c8 (other gadgets also available), Cash on delivery, Nationwide delivery, Good Cust care service, Call/text/WhatsApp 08137221883 Terms/conditions applies.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Orientales(m): 10:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
Thanks, I barely know anything about backing up/flashing/rooting Tecno c8, the only tool I've downloaded now is sp flash tool, so pls add ds number to the tecno c8 whatsapp group or private chat... I really need us help bros
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by HARLOOY: 11:32pm On Nov 10, 2015
I hate myself for buying the mobile handi cell phone, it has a lot of disadvantages.... But th one I dislike the most is the multi-tasking, pls of you wanna buy mine, I'm ready to sell it, I bought it October 21 2015, just two weeks of use now..... 08138123254
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by orekelewa09(f): 7:40am On Nov 11, 2015
hyzahya:
same thing o. the version is showing 5.0.2 meanwhile I don't have any of the new features
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 7:56am On Nov 11, 2015
orekelewa09:

same thing o. the version is showing 5.0.2 meanwhile I don't have any of the new features

I experienced that yesterday too when I flashed the ROM again..

May be Tecno removed those updates..

If you can still those updates let us know o...

To confirm, i checked the build number
Settings>> About phone>> build stilll shows 20150811 meaning.. I have the stock ROM..

Even after doing factory reset which reset my imei, volume to the factory's own
Then i got a welcome message from glo as if i just opened it for the first time.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by puresoul1(m): 8:10am On Nov 11, 2015
macbeyland:

are u sure u in this for years, and u telling people this cry well it advisable not to tick the preloader but don't tell me my phone will be come back to life
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 8:19am On Nov 11, 2015
Has anyone played this game ...
Settings>> about phone >>> continue tapping on the build Number>> then press and hold the Lollipop>> Tap screen to jump.
I was able to pass just 1 lollipop

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by MrLAL: 10:11am On Nov 11, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Did u use kingroot to root C8?
Nope I already had kingroot on my phone before rooting. So I guess it conflicted with superuser and that was why I got the hitch.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by MrLAL: 10:18am On Nov 11, 2015
I pity those that want to sell their Camon C8 because this is the best phone you can every buy at that ridiculous price. Yes even with the Multitasking issues.

Now, there is now a solution with their updates and as if that's not enough, you can now root it. Tell me, what else are you looking for.

As at now, I can confidently say my phone works just like phantom 5 in terms of ram usage as I'm using am excess of 3 gig ram making 4 gig.

I can play high end games, start up several apps without lagging. And coupled with an amazing battery experience.

Now tell me, what else are you looking for? Ingrates kinda ppl.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by hyzahya: 10:20am On Nov 11, 2015
Can someone please help us to upload a TWRP backup of an updated c8 caused tecno has stopped the update..
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 11, 2015
MrLAL:

As at now, I can confidently say my phone works just like phantom 5 in terms of ram usage as I'm using am excess of 3 gig ram making 4 gig
Did u mean u tweaked 1gb ram to 4 GB ram?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 11:30am On Nov 11, 2015
MrLAL:
I pity those that want to sell their Camon C8 because this is the best phone you can every buy at that ridiculous price. Yes even with the Multitasking issues.

Now, there is now a solution with their updates and as if that's not enough, you can now root it. Tell me, what else are you looking for.

As at now, I can confidently say my phone works just like phantom 5 in terms of ram usage as I'm using am excess of 3 gig ram making 4 gig.

I can play high end games, start up several apps without lagging. And coupled with an amazing battery experience.

Oga I hail oo

The phone has a quad core 64bit processor so it can handle High end Games wella due to More "free Ram memory management" used.
When did RAM become a software you can now install..

Phantom 5 Na papa to your C8...
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 11:46am On Nov 11, 2015
hyzahya:
Can someone please help us to upload a TWRP backup of an updated c8 caused tecno has stopped the update..

They should go to hell with their useless updates i have H+ already
I'm enjoying ma phone with the factory settings and root access

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 12:13pm On Nov 11, 2015
undecided
puresoul1:
are u sure u in this for years, and u telling people this cry well it advisable not to tick the preloader but don't tell me my phone will be come back to life
I really don't want to think that you have an issue with clearly understanding my earlier comment, however, I believe that in your bid to hastily criticise me, you didn't take time to understand my first message before jumping to your criticism. I wish to make you understand that there was never a place where I said you will brick your phone if you tick preloader. I said you could. That is quote different from you will in English OK. One is probable while the other is certain. For reference purpose, I will post the message again........

Please I would advise all those who want to flash stock rom to make sure that they untick preloader before flashing. Once you load scatter file and all the options are ticked, untick preloader because it is not necessary to flash preloader. Moreover it is very dangerous if anything goes wrong. If an error occurs while flashing with preloader ticked, you could lose your phone forever because the preloader is what ensures connection with computer even when phone is off. Once anything goes wrong with that sector, it's bye bye forever to your phone.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by MrLAL: 12:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
tunnamania11:

Did u mean u tweaked 1gb ram to 4 GB ram?

Exactly
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by MrLAL: 12:38pm On Nov 11, 2015
Dam5reey:

Oga I hail oo

The phone has a quad core 64bit processor so it can handle High end Games wella due to More "free Ram memory management" used.

Go and do your research very well before raising objections.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Xhaka(m): 12:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
Dam5reey:

Oga I hail oo

Confirm
That machine na correct one
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by AwesomeRomeo: 12:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
macbeyland:
it's still the same procedure. Once you open Sp flash tool, click on scatter loading and navigate to your phone backup location of the mtk droid tool, click on the scatter file, and it will load all the files. Untick preloader, then click on download, power off your phone and connect via USB and wait for the process to complete. Note that the actual backup of your phone on mtk droid tool is not the files in the backup folder but the files in the files to flash folder. To understand this better, Google how to prepare mtk droid tool back up for sp flash tool..... Read the instructions from this site. You will also see a place where you were asked not to tick preloader or dsp when flashing

http://www.mtkroms.com/2015/02/how-to-backup-and-restore-your-mtk.html?m=1
Bro I have a little problem. I want to prepare a rom flashable by sp flash tool. During the rom backup with the mtk Droid tools, it says "task end in ERROR" and when I try to choose file.md5, it was not in the mtk Droid tools rom backup folder. Please what should I do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (136) (Reply)

How To Write Colored Text On Facebook / List Of All Tecno Android Phones With Their Prices And Specs In Nigeria (PICS) / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.