Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,634 members, 7,914,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:35 AM

NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates (1701 Views)

FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency / This Pretty Lady Did Her Youth Service Together With Sen. Dino Melaiye (photo) / FG To Suspend Military Offensive Against Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by unuane1(m): 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
The Federal government is set
to make the youth service
year optional for Nigerian
graduates according to
Director-General of NYSC,
Brigadier-General Johnson
Olawumi.
Speaking at a meeting with
President Muhammadu
Buhari on Wednesday,
Olawumi said there were
plans to make the scheme
voluntary and reduce the
corps population to make the
programme more
sustainable.
Permanent Secretary of the
Federal Ministry of Youth
Development, Mrs. Rabi
Jimeta had said that the
annual enrolment of corps
participants had increased
from 2,364 at inception in
1974 to 229,016 in 2014.
"Given the increasing number
of tertiary institutions, our
projection is that the number
of corps participants may rise
to 300,000 by year 2020,’’ she
said.
President Buhari assured that
his administration will ensure
the continuity and the
betterment of the programme.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/nysc-fg-to-make-youth-service-optional-for-nigerian-graduates.115543/

Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by adebisiolumide5(m): 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hmmmm...
Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by cccxxiii: 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
Voluntary and without Allawee? I trust my naija people.
Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by olaglamour(f): 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by MosakuAW(m): 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
Long overdue

1 Like

Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by Trailblazer1(m): 6:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
Bubu just cancel it at once, after all you didn't even serve undecided
Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hopefully this will be implemented..
Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by Beremx(f): 6:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
Total cancellation is better. All the same,good development
Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by Karleb(m): 7:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
Does that mean the FG is short of fund to finance the NYSC i.e allawee for corps member?

1 Like

Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 05, 2015
Pls scrap Nysc

1 Like

Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by socialmediaman: 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
Good move... I think it should be replaced with core industry training from participating organizations for the best graduating students. Exams could be conducted and the best could be selected to be absorbed directly by banks, oil companies and government institutions, the rest will forward match to other free enrollment to quality specialized training Programmes in ICT and computer, Finance and Business Management, engineering etc etc...

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
That simply defeats the goal of the scheme.
Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by hinwazaka: 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
If true, this is tantamount to nullity. But I must say that I concur with such a development. The NYSC although commendable when it originated has over the decades lost direction. As we all know it was intended to build ethnic relationships between all ethnic enclaves of the nation. But over the years unfortunately has become a boggy contraption against the students.
Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by Uncleodi(m): 7:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
Why is the April 2015 Nigerian law school examination results not out?

They keep postponing the release of the results keeping a lot of students in morbid tension.

We want change, not delay. Haba!!

Pls the relevant authorities should look into this as a matter of urgency.
Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by ronald4lif(m): 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2015
MosakuAW:

Long overdue

Quite true. The NYSC should be scrapped or if it must subsist then it should be on volition not mandatory. The scheme is worthless.
Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by omololu2020(m): 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
Let d nonsense b scrap
Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by freecocoahubby(m): 7:52pm On Aug 05, 2015
[deleted]
Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by adonbilivit: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
#GiveUsBackOurOneYear
Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by Sweetlemon(f): 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2015
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It shouldn't be scrapped or made voluntary. It should just be reformed and allowance should be increased.

Honestly, if I hadn't served in Kaduna I would still still all Northerners are Muslim, violent, uneducated, etc.
My youth service exposed me to a lot and I pray more people have that experience. It's really important for our unity and stability. As long as you go with an open mind, you will learn a lot more than you could ever learn in a life time.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 05, 2015
Uhm...wait for me to serve first abeg angry. Voluntary or not
Re: NYSC: FG To Make Youth Service Optional For Nigerian Graduates by soneeha: 10:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
Let them scrap it jor ,it's just a waste of time ,is it by force to serve your country as if the country served me

(1) (Reply)

See What Aregbesola Has Done In Osun State (photos) / Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican / Have You Seen These Jokes About Alison-Madueke's Looting?(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.