Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,975 members, 7,942,486 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:02 AM

Oni Of Ife: Abobaku Must Be Buried Alive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oni Of Ife: Abobaku Must Be Buried Alive (4177 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Cousin Killed During Shootout Set To Be Buried. See Her Corpse / Coffins Of Ocholi, His Wife And Son, To Be Buried Today (Photos) / Latest Update From Ile-ife: Abobaku On The Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oni Of Ife: Abobaku Must Be Buried Alive by mrrights: 9:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
ONI OF IFE: ABOBAKU MUST BE BURIED ALIVE
The King can’t be buried alone, he his a deity himself,they call him alase, the commander, ikeji osa, second only to the gods.
According to the tradition, a king never dies, he only changes realm. Moving from the physical world to the land of the spirits. What this means is that, the king is undertaking a journey and he needs a companion to make it lively.
Should he not have a companion on this long journey, he will be lonely in his grave, but the king can’t be lonely, he certainly needs a companion, that is the Abobaku. Oh Dear Abobaku, the companion of the King. www.mrrights.com.ng
Abobaku is a special person, his duty is to accompany the king to the spiritual realm where the ancestors abode. This is indeed a rare privilege because, not everyone gets the opportunity of accompanying the most powerful king. Yes, the king was powerful, but he could not prevent his own death. What a powerful king.
Now, the king is dead, Its time for the journey, but the Abobaku is on the run, he must not escape, if you know where he his, catch him, if you can’t, report his where about to the Ife chiefs, he must be sacrificed, his destiny is tied to the late Ife king, the Abobaku must be buried alive. So sad……..Why must I be buried with the late king, the Abobaku wails. He needs help, he needs, the whole nation can’t watch them scarifies the innocent man. Everyone is born free and equal in rights and dignity. We must protect the Abobaku. www.mrrights.com.ng
Sorry, I just woke up from a dream
The news flying around the social media indicate that, Abobaku to the Oni of Ife, a man who was suppose to be buried along with the king has been reportedly missing. He was reported to have absconded after hearing the death of Oni, a man he was tied to be bured along with since he was designated with the title of Abobaku.
To those that are not familiar with the custom, Abobaku is a title, given to someone willing to be buried along with the King when ever the king dies. Should the Abobaku die before the king, another abobaku shall be appointed. Ultimately, the major function of the abobaku in the traditional setting is to be buried along with the king. Nothing more.
Here, we must ask, why should a living human be buried along with a dead king? What is the purpose of killing another human because a king dies? What sort of tradition is that? What a culture of cruelty.
This is no doubt a wicked culture, it is inhuman and outdated.
Let me state that, all eyes must be on Ife and the abobaku, the nation must not allow this inhuman violation of citizens right to continue. We must end all senseless traditional practices.
But wait a moment, who is the abobaku? Can anyone help us find his details?
What could make a man accept the title of Abobaku in this modern era?
Before he was given the Abobaku title, he knew what it is, he knew what it was. Why did he accept it? Was he forced to do so? Was he tempted because he was poor and needed to benefit from the monetary benefits that is associated with it? Why did he accepts the Abobaku title? www.mrrights.com.ng
But why Abobaku in this modern era? I thought Ife had embraced civilization, what benefits does burying another human alive brings to the society? This practice must be discontinued with immediate effect.
I call on all Nigerians to stand up in defense of human rights. Any custom or tradition that involves taking human lives must be banned. We must never watch while humans are made a subject scarifies to some imaginary gods.

www.mrrights.com.ng coming soon.
Re: Oni Of Ife: Abobaku Must Be Buried Alive by Lattop(m): 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
Short of wordscheesy

1 Like

Re: Oni Of Ife: Abobaku Must Be Buried Alive by CLeAtHead(m): 9:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
undecided
Re: Oni Of Ife: Abobaku Must Be Buried Alive by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
Eyaah
Re: Oni Of Ife: Abobaku Must Be Buried Alive by ricsman(m): 9:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
thanks for being right Mr. now I know what ds abobaku stuff of a thing I hear
Re: Oni Of Ife: Abobaku Must Be Buried Alive by justanotherme: 9:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Oni Of Ife: Abobaku Must Be Buried Alive by wadetaw202: 9:59pm On Aug 14, 2015
Op, get a meaningful and reliable source, or your story is useless and that makes you a fooool.

1 Like

Re: Oni Of Ife: Abobaku Must Be Buried Alive by mrrights: 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
what do you mean? This is not a news site..its an opinion page still under construction....Don't get it wrong..it is not reporting news
Re: Oni Of Ife: Abobaku Must Be Buried Alive by CallMeMadMan: 10:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
Make them come carry me
Re: Oni Of Ife: Abobaku Must Be Buried Alive by lekkie073(m): 10:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
The abobaku must be found and buried alive as tradition demands.....
He knew his responsibilities before taking the title na
Re: Oni Of Ife: Abobaku Must Be Buried Alive by RHP(m): 7:04am On Aug 15, 2015
Too many questions, begging for answers.

(1) (Reply)

How My Sojourn In Yorubaland Changed By Perception About Islam / Ifeanyi Ubah Of Capital Oil To Remain In Custody / Chicken Republic Was Also Harsh Against APC! See Pix!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.