Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,298 members, 7,887,884 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:45 PM

Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter (3058 Views)

Why Ndigbo Should Stop Viewing Yoruba's As Cowards- Reno Omokri / Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / Gov. El-rufai Appoints Two Yoruba Men Into His Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by Immanueladebol(m): 8:20pm On Aug 15, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Mumu
i dnt drag wrds wt illterates
Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by Immanueladebol(m): 8:20pm On Aug 15, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Mumu
i dnt drag wrds wt illterates
Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by truefact: 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
of course, yorubas are suffercated and diabolical cowards... who doesn't know?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by DFemaleBoss(f): 8:27pm On Aug 15, 2015
... from the horse's mouth cheesy
Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by coolitempa(f): 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2015
OP is a druggie....... angry
Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by vega84(m): 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
Yoruba are born cowards! #vegatalks

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by aresa: 9:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
stevecantrell:

OP, that was not a church, neither was the man on the altar representing the Most High . Everywhere is called 'church' these days.

Story reeks of B.S tho..

Lemon12:
Waiting patiently for Amala and Ewedu eaters to invade this thread ..... With their hate speeches

Lemon12:
Yeye people ..... They are yet to neutralize bokoharam dats killing hundred of people everyday .... A harmless invisible Radio Biafra ...... Is now their problem

SHame

On you Buhari and your Yorubas slave

The clown is a demented bigot and a silly coward making up dumb stories just to spew his hateful and bigoted trash.
Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by Supermiy: 9:37pm On Aug 15, 2015
BuddahMonk:
God hate tribalists, OP shun tribalism it does not pay
true..only Job & Customers Pay smiley
Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by FrankNetter(m): 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
This isn't news undecided

We all know the oily people are proud cowards who beat their chest online and still boast about their no-man's-land while paying house rent to Chukwuma and Emeka per annum. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
Lemon12:
I recently photographed a wedding in Warri, Delta State. It was a union of two different ethnic groups: Yoruba (Groom) & Delta (Bride). The church service started an hour later than planned and seemed like we were going to be in the service forever; perhaps I felt uneasy because I had not eaten breakfast.

It happened when the pastor was preaching his sermon to the new couple. I was so tired and hungry that I didn’t know when I slept off. Perhaps because I was confident that my two assistants would still cover what I miss. Suddenly, I awoke to a loud affirmative revelation uttered by the pastor of the church: YORUBA MEN ARE COWARDS!!! I was shocked. Did he just say what I think he said. He was “encouraging” the husband to learn to stand and protect his new wife in troubled times. The example of a challenging time he gave is “when armed robbers come visiting”. He mentioned that a Yoruba man will flee in the presence of armed robbers and forget his wife. I’m not too sure I got the point he was trying to make. Perhaps the new wife understood what the Pastor meant.

I’m not sure he remembered that the groom he was uniting in holy matrimony was a Yoruba man. I wondered if Yoruba men attend such a church. But then I was quick to remember that there were multitudes of churches to choose from in the oil-rich state.

I felt that was too derogatory a statement to be uttered on the altar of a church. I wondered what the mindset of the members of the church would be like. I wonder what their perspective of Yoruba men will be. More importantly, I wondered how a city filled with so many churches (almost 1 in every 6 buildings…on average) hadn’t experienced a level of development you would associate with a city where God abides. I wondered within….and felt sorry for people who think that they are better than others.

I didn’t know when I left the church auditorium (before the end of his sermon) to go get myself something to eat. Perhaps if I ate some food, my backward thinking Yoruba mindset will make good meaning of what the Pastor just declared in church. Maybe I was just upset because I was (& still am) a Yoruba man.

And we are supposed to be the Light of the World…the Salt of the earth. May God help me not to be a coward. May God help us all.

Source : Eye witness
I think its because christians are such worthless people
Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by after1: 10:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
BuddahMonk:
God hate tribalists, OP shun tribalism it does not pay

Ebuka Phils, how your mom ash.ewo business? I hail mama o
Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by after1: 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ojuku of cursed memory is the only coward general of the federation. Very simple.
Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by Codedeben: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2015
Coward according to Naija Urban Dictionary is someone that act under the guise of falshood (claiming to be who you never were) to perpetrate evil (like your progenitor) and propagate hatred for self aggrandizement.

Op check yourself to be certain you're not one as defined above.

Meanwhile, next time try to register a new moniker with the names from the acclaimed "cowards" region to drive home your point of being one of them as you claimed in your thrash.
Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by fx45(m): 7:34am On Aug 16, 2015
aresa:
The clown is a demented bigot and a silly coward making up dumb stories just to spew his hateful and bigoted trash.
That story is original.... But it probably doesn't belong to the OP. He must have lifted it from somewhere. I can't be surprised to see a bigoted pastor. He won't be the first. But what the pastor said is the truth. Yorubaboons are natural-born cowards. It's universally acclaimed.

I once dated a Yoruba girl whose father is a well-known pastor in a well-known church in Lagos. She told me point blank to jettison any ideas of marriage because her father won't take any of it. He dislikes Igbos.... And yet he is a pastor who stands on the pulpit to preach every sunday.
Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
coolitempa:
OP is a druggie....... angry
Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
after1:
Ojuku of cursed memory is the only coward general of the federation. Very simple.
May God help you not to be a coward
Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
shocked mi o le pariwo
Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
after1:
,n

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by after1: 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2015

Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by after1: 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
Euro31:
May God help you not to be a coward

Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
[quote author=after1 post=37016119][/quote].

Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by kuuljay(m): 3:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
lol

Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
cheesy welcome to ibadam home of shotput

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by ArodewilliamsT: 3:11pm On Aug 16, 2015
DikeOha882:

The picture of those openly shi..tyy yorubas is damn funny.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
[quote author=after1 post=37016134][/quote]

1 Share

Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
DikeOha882:
lol
Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
[quote author=after1 post=37016119][/quote].soka forest. More updates

Re: Yoruba Men Are Cowards --- My Encounter by after1: 3:58am On Aug 17, 2015
[quote author=Euro31 post=37017052][/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: GEJ In Kenya For Vocation At Maasai Mara Games Reserve / President Putin's Speech At The UN -- Says 'Do You Realise What You've Done? / New update on Nnamdi's arrest and

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.