Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,200 members, 7,887,523 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:05 AM

Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) (40617 Views)

Man With Sledge Hammer Breaks Windows Of Hit-&-Run SUV As Driver Tries To Flee / Hit And Run Driver Advised To Report Voluntarily To Ajah Police Station / FKJ346BT - See Face Of A Hit And Run Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 17, 2015
Thanks guys. I guess this the only way to start putting some senses into these guys brains. All they care about is pics and online posts. But this outright condemnation and rejection will do the needful
laudate:
God will punish the idiot that took pictures of the man and posted it online, instead of rushing him to the nearest hospital for help so that they can save his life!

If you OP are in a critical condition, may others be taking pictures of you, instead of helping you get medical attention to save your life!! Bloody IDIOT. angry
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 11:39am On Aug 17, 2015
shadowgwalker:
All the people standing near the guy are useless. E be like say their brain dey empty.

It is your own brain that is rotten with maggots!
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 11:41am On Aug 17, 2015
ilobasama:
Thanks guys. I guess this the only way to start putting some senses into these guys brains. All they care about is pics and online posts. But this outright condemnation and rejection will do the needful

Who would blame them in a country like Nigeria that has no response to emergencies? I'm sure you would walk by without concern
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by IceDude(m): 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
I dont have anytin to say about this issue.....Many pple have said my mind
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by emalekuo(m): 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
This is why Nigeria needs a functional Emergency Response system to handle such situations.
To the guy holding his drivers license, Are you expecting his family members or friends to come down there to rush him to the hospital even if the stay within a Kilometre? Time is vital in such situations. I pray our government come to our rescue someday.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by nathdim: 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
Tallesty1:
Are they watching him to die??

Life doesn't seem to have value again.
my brother these country of ours is rotten the moment u try taking him to the hospital and he dies in the process then the police show up you will understand what am saying
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
Fastfingers:

It is your own brain that is rotten with maggots!
I don talk my own finish, if u are among those in the pic, sorry to say...u are worthless and sympathetic dullard. U guys derive pleasure in taking pic of a dying man and writinng stories online so that ur names will be praised for getting the latest gist abi?

In ur little head, is that the best procedure for an emergency scenerio of such?are u a retired ritualists with no value for life or what?
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
shadowgwalker:
I don talk my own finish, if u are among those in the pic, sorry to say...u are worthless and sympathetic dullard. U guys derive pleasure in taking pic of a dying man and writinng stories online so that ur names will be praised for getting the latest gist abi?

In ur little head, is that the best procedure for an emergency scenerio of such?are u a retired ritualists with no value for life or what?

I don't engage in online arguments with a blind dunce. Go and read my previous comment. And please polish your English. It's basic proof of how dumb you are.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
shadowgwalker:

And yes I am the one who took the pictures if your daft head can't read.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by laudate: 1:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
Fastfingers:

I don't engage in online arguments with a blind dunce. Go and read my previous comment. And please polish your English. It's basic proof of how dumb you are.

Abeg, dont quarrel with anybody. Just tell the OP to post an update regarding all the actions taken to assist the injured victims and the dead man.

God bless you. sad
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by MizTyna(f): 1:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
Nairaland should stop ban threads such as this. the craze for FP and stuff is becoming so bad people take pictures of accident victims before even checking to see the state of the victims. And nairaland shouldn't encourage such,putting it on fp is tacitly encouraging it
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by pacespot(m): 2:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
Maybe they see he wouldn't have money to foot his hospital bill. I've always said it that, every country deserves the kind of leaders they get. We're no longer in the period of colonialism, and no nation in the world is ruled by aliens. Leadership understands followership even more than followership understands themselves.

People will frustrate your life if you're money-less in this country, just pray you don't find yourself in a helpless situation that's when you'll understand that people don't actually care

1 Like

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by RaptorX: 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2015
tolustx:
People are being careful. That's why. If one person decides to take him to d hospital, he may be taken to be d person who hit him and may therefore be compelled to foot the whole bills. That's even the good case. The bad one is if the victim dies, the person may have to bear the brunt because police may take him as d driver who hit him and he won't be able to defend himself, even when the other witnesses won't wanna testify in court to help.

The only thing that is working in nigeria presently is corruption, kidnap and terrorism. No other thing as far as I'm concerned
This is where the government comes in, why is there no reliable emergency ambulance service in a city like Lagos. In sane countries nobody rushes accident victims to hospital in their private cars, you dial 911 and ambulance and fire service are there in minutes. This is why I am so angry at the idiots wishing that rogue IBB happy birthday, he is a major architect of our present sorry state, where a man is dying in the street and not a single help in sight.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by tolustx(m): 3:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
RaptorX:
This is where the government comes in, why is there no reliable emergency ambulance service in a city like Lagos. In sane countries nobody rushes accident victims to hospital in their private cars, you dial 911 and ambulance and fire service are there in minutes. This is why I am so angry at the idiots wishing that rogue IBB happy birthday, he is a major architect of our present sorry state, where a man is dying in the street and not a single help in sight.
That's d mess we see ourselves in for now. Some pple claim dat lagos state has a kinda emergency services like dat but we don't see anything of such or even if it does really exist, how many pple are aware of that?
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by adellam16(f): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
metroparrot:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Y8tmcXkZju0/VdFuhElJF8I/AAAAAAACIww/dxhkw2b6T44/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]
A man whose name is Ani Ernest Friday is said to be lying down at Ajah roundabout ,Lagos after being knocked down by a hit and run driver ..He is said to be in a critical condition and no help has come his way yet ..
[img]http://3.bp..com/-3o8Ry6_U7DY/VdFtd8mwPzI/AAAAAAACIwQ/QQKCIY9QduI/s1600/CMkGpdbU8AAxArk.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-RfOgW1B0BYU/VdFtfVs08dI/AAAAAAACIwY/VI5lrStEdEA/s1600/CMkGpjiUAAAuEEX.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-9Ya1wGZrrNk/VdFtg64CJBI/AAAAAAACIwg/_-024WrJAnw/s1600/CMkGpfPUkAA0Aod.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-llpyAsMPjTM/VdFtiiZtd_I/AAAAAAACIwo/jMjyLPdeCsU/s1600/CMkGpcOUkAAh3P3.jpg[/img]

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/photos-victim-of-hit-and-run-lying.html

u r useless o! U dis op. So u snap and loaded it on NL so dat we dat r reading will come nd help d guy, where as u r at d scene. U people r wicked.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by bigtt76(f): 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
Why not call the LCC people to help pick the guy up since they are in charge of the road? Sad this country is turning sometin else. People are only interested in posting photographs of accident victims rather than assist and you will find others alike publishing same on their blogs. I think its high time bloggers and forums do the ethical thing of rejecting such postings on their sights and then and only then will it stop angry

I hope he wasn't trying to cross the motorway with the way his trousers are sagged ....you can hardly run across the road fat enough to prevent this angry
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2015
Fastfingers:

ekwe! Look what is talking...prickface !cheesy
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
Fastfingers:

And yes I am the one who took the pictures if your daft head can't read.
ofcos! It must be u! See ur name sef! Don't ever join the police force pls. U are wicked and u know it. See as u fastly fingered ur camera to tk fotos of a dyingg man.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
Can't make out the face very well but the dude looks like a guy who owns the shop next to my barbers shop ( I don't know his name though ). I'll go check on the guy right away.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by domopps(m): 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
Even with bad Camera phone! Nig would soon migrate away from posting graphic pictures on social media! Instead of doing the needful they were busy taking pix with their bad fones!

Cheeeeeeers
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by boladez(m): 10:54am On Aug 18, 2015
Hmmm...As a people, we are quick to Judge and to abuse!

How many of you condemning the poster have actually taken time to use the emergency lines when you saw a body on the street? an accident, a breakdown? a crime going on? when you see a threat to the generality of others etc etc? ..usually most will just move along and "THANK GOD FOR NOT BEING THE VICTIM OR PRAY AGAINST BEING THE VICTIM"!......If you fall in into this category , you are worse than the onlookers or picture takers!!

For those who have called a few times or often...well done but ...How many of you have taken time to write the authorities over the slow response or non response by the emergency services? or the clumsy coordination on most occasions or the inter agency rivalry? I laugh when I see road safety at aircrash scenes and they do not show up when a young man like this gets knocked over.

I say the foregoing , because I preside over an NGO that helps such victims. Having said this;

The poster has done a bit to help the relatives of the victim if they are available online to trace him.

Finally , I must say that the younger generation have NO REGARD and FEAR of vehicles, you see people strolling carelessly on the roads as if the vehicle will suffer damage when it hits them. Many of the accidents involving pedestrians result from lack of attention with the use of ear phone and use of electronic gadgets, out right stupidity and the new craze to pose with cars. I am a village boy and I =RUN from cars because I have no control over the cars and the people who drive them (many are mentally impaired). Why risk my life?

If you look at the pix very well the victim was on the road , I suspect he was strolling carelessly without regard for vehicles.

My own opinion and penny for my thoughts! No harm intended

1 Like

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 11:52am On Aug 18, 2015
boladez:
Hmmm...As a people, we are quick to Judge and to abuse!

How many of you condemning the poster have actually taken time to use the emergency lines when you saw a body on the street? an accident, a breakdown? a crime going on? when you see a threat to the generality of others etc etc? ..usually most will just move along and "THANK GOD FOR NOT BEING THE VICTIM OR PRAY AGAINST BEING THE VICTIM"!......If you fall in into this category , you are worse than the onlookers or picture takers!!

For those who have called a few times or often...well done but ...How many of you have taken time to write the authorities over the slow response or non response by the emergency services? or the clumsy coordination on most occasions or the inter agency rivalry? I laugh when I see road safety at aircrash scenes and they do not show up when a young man like this gets knocked over.

I say the foregoing , because I preside over an NGO that helps such victims. Having said this;

The poster has done a bit to help the relatives of the victim if they are available online to trace him.

Finally , I must say that the younger generation have NO REGARD and FEAR of vehicles, you see people strolling carelessly on the roads as if the vehicle will suffer damage when it hits them. Many of the accidents involving pedestrians result from lack of attention with the use of ear phone and use of electronic gadgets, out right stupidity and the new craze to pose with cars. I am a village boy and I =RUN from cars because I have no control over the cars and the people who drive them (many are mentally impaired). Why risk my life?

If you look at the pix very well the victim was on the road , I suspect he was strolling carelessly without regard for vehicles.

My own opinion and penny for my thoughts! No harm intended

Thank you for your rational post.
I am the one who took the pictures.
Truth is the victim came down from a pick and drop taxi and crossed to the other side of the road. He was at the bus stop waiting jejely when a drunk driver slid off the road and knocked him down along with two other passengers. This driver sped off immediately. The other two were still breathing and they were rushed to the hospital. A medical person on site checked the pulse of this one and his heartbeat and confirmed he was dead.

I was passing by and saw a corpse on the road. So I turned back thinking he wa still alive so I can help to rush him to the hospital. But when he was confirmed dead we had to look for an ID to send out his details so as to reach family members. We went to the closest police station at Ajiwe and were denied a police report- TWICE. The patrol vans at Ajah also ignored our pleas. So we eventually found his wallet and took a photo of the corpse and license to post online to see if word can get round faster.

Eventually we found his phone by calling the recurrent phone number on the bank tellers in his wallet. It was in the bushes Beaide the road. With this we reached his closest friends, family and even neighbors, who eventually came to the location. But by this time the photos had already gone online. I even had to ask a friend to help me post on Twitter coz network was bad at my end. I didn't send it to nairaland.

Some soldiers on patrol eventually stopped, and asked us to step back.while they observed the crime scene. The tyre marks of the driver from where he was supposed to be to the point where he hit the victim were still on the road. It was a pitiful sight. I hope his two friends survived.

There was no response for over one hour. Even the emergency hotlines weren't picking up after being called for a long time. So we took laws into our own hands. And the first dialed call on his phone was his wife's number which he just dialed before the hit. She wasn't even in Lagos. She sounded very confused.

Nigeria sha.... We have a long long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 11:55am On Aug 18, 2015
shadowgwalker:
ofcos! It must be u! See ur name sef! Don't ever join the police force pls. U are wicked and u know it. See as u fastly fingered ur camera to tk fotos of a dyingg man.

I have no plans of joining that miserable hopeless force that can't even write report for a dead man. Maybe you can go and join them. That 20 naira per hour would impact your life.
I am wicked. How does it affect you? Only one who practices witchcraft would know a wicked person. Spongeface!
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 11:58am On Aug 18, 2015
adellam16:
u r useless o! U dis op. So u snap and loaded it on NL so dat we dat r reading will come nd help d guy, where as u r at d scene. U people r wicked.

It is the people In Your generation that will be called wicked all their lives! Mumu!!
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by laudate: 12:00pm On Aug 18, 2015
Fastfingers:

It is the people In Your generation that will be called wicked all their lives! Mumu!!

Don't respond anymore, I beg of you! Just ask your friend who is the initial poster to add an update to his first post stating all the great things you did to help the victim. undecided

People who do not have all the facts are criticising you and you are responding in anger. Please don't. It is not worth it? sad
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by boladez(m): 12:00pm On Aug 18, 2015
Well done Bro ...you did well by not responding to the many insults from people who sit in their comfort zones and post.

Sad to hear that quite sad.

Another problem is the attitude of the POLICE and out healthcare workers. Our NGO once helped a victim, he died on the way to the hospital , I was in detention for some hours and charged for MURDER until I started pulling strings.

Medical workers are worse than demons in hell...especially public facilities ..they simply dont care and they have NO empathy for victims or patients.

Well done bro ...what you have done is better that doing nothing ........I pray good deeds will come your way and anyone who curses you will have cursed himself
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2015
laudate:

Don't respond anymore, I beg of you! Just ask your friend who is the initial poster to add an update to his first post stating all the great things you did to help the victim. undecided

People who do not have all the facts are criticising you and you are responding in anger. Please don't. It is not worth it? sad

My friend posted on Twitter @giditraffic and doesn't even know who brought it to nairaland. Let the original poster see it and do the needful. I don't Know him/her and he/she doesn't know me
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
boladez:
Well done Bro ...you did well by not responding to the many insults from people who sit in their comfort zones and post.

Sad to hear that quite sad.

Another problem is the attitude of the POLICE and out healthcare workers. Our NGO once helped a victim, he died on the way to the hospital , I was in detention for some hours and charged for MURDER until I started pulling strings.

Medical workers are worse than demons in hell...especially public facilities ..they simply dont care and they have NO empathy for victims or patients.

Well done bro ...what you have done is better that doing nothing ........I pray good deeds will come your way and anyone who curses you will have cursed himself

Thank you. I am a lady by the way. And this happened by 11:00 pm. Many ladies like me won't even stop. I was the only woman at the scene.

The people who came down from the taxi with him were still waiting for the next bus when they saw it happen live. The 50naira the taxi man gave him was still in his hand. The taxi man jumped down from his car to say he was a passenger on his vehicle and he is surprised to see this happen within a twinkling of an eye.

It's funny how Nigerians are so quick to insult people online. Nigerians may be anything but not wicked. If people aren't touching an accident victim let's ask why. It's because there's a failed system out there that would turn your good deed into a crime should you try to help. That's the issue. In civilized countries anyone can carry the corpse anywhere because CCTV cameras would detect who the criminal is or not. But not our own country.

So don't come here abusing Nigerians. Abuse Nigeria for not having a response team, good police officers or adequate facilities to detect crimes.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by Fastfingers: 12:10pm On Aug 18, 2015
domopps:
Even with bad Camera phone! Nig would soon migrate away from posting graphic pictures on social media! Instead of doing the needful they were busy taking pix with their bad fones!

Cheeeeeeers

Can you afford an IPhone 6? I'm pretty sure what your response would be.
Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by boladez(m): 12:33pm On Aug 18, 2015
Fastfingers:

Thank you. I am a lady by the way. And this happened by 11:00 pm. Many ladies like me won't even stop. I was the only woman at the scene.

Wow....I apologise for addressing you as a guy...well you have done what many men will have failed to do!

Kudos and I salute your courage.

remember Fashola's words ..." when you wrestle with a PIG, the pig gets happy and you get dirty" ignore the half wits insulting you.......Most reasonable people will ask questions before castigating...........from my experience , 90% of posters on Nairaland are here because of FREE MB or CHEAP MB. When I joined Nairaland, internet services were still exclusive and we had meaningful and intellectual discussions because of the CALIBER of people who had access.

Now cheap internet access means people with no wits now have a chance to post on Nairaland...well, in a democracy we need to accommodate everyone but you can refuse to allow a PIG get you dirty.

Not worth it , dont respond, if you notice they only post one liners of insult...most of them cannot construct a full paragraph or sentence that makes sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) by ElPhoche(m): 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2015
laudate:

Madam, you could have saved yourself and a lot of posters the stress, if you had included all these facts in your initial post on this thread, instead of just posting the pictures alone and claiming his condition was 'critical'!! shocked shocked

It was based on that initial information in your very first opening post, that a lot of people responded to your comments.

If what you are saying here now, in this latest post is the real truth... then you have done your bit as a good corporate citizen. And God Almighty will bless you. Always learn to give the true picture and the full facts, whenever you post anything online! angry And there is no need to vent, when you failed to include all the relevant details.

It helps to always give the correct facts!
Just like you said, what did she expect from concerned citizens when she posted a half-truth? People and mischiefs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / All-new 2019 Toyota Rav4 Unveiled (photos, Details And Price) / Has Any One Actually Seen This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.