Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,477 members, 7,964,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 01:40 AM

Increase In Power Generation. True Or False? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Increase In Power Generation. True Or False? (315 Views)

Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel / Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts / New Peak Power Generation Record Of 4883.9MW - TCN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Increase In Power Generation. True Or False? by mrfree(m): 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
When Abacha died in 1998, Nigeria’s power generation was about 4,000MW. Sixteen years after Abacha’s death and after the PDP governments spending over $16billion, by the time Buhari took over, the country’s power generation capacity was less than the 4,000MW. About 1,600MW by May 29 if i try to be precise. That has been the extent of the rot in this important sector.
Today, less than 100 days since Buhari’s inauguration, we are all seeing an improvement in the supply of electricity to our homes, offices and factories. Over 4,600MW was recorded last weekend as a record high for generation. The other day last week, I got a call from a relative who told me that there was no power outage in the past 72 hours in his compound. Buhari did not spend one kobo in this sector. It is just because those in charge know that it is not business as usual anymore. Everyone is suddenly ready to do the right thing. Those who were used to cutting corners in this sector know that if they don’t stop, the law will catch up with them and they do not have anyone to bribe to let them off the hook anymore.

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Increase In Power Generation. True Or False? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
I don't know about generation, but I sure know of supply, Power has improved tremendously under PMB, op u are so on point.
Re: Increase In Power Generation. True Or False? by Captainswag225(m): 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2015
firstEVA:
I don't know about generation, but I sure know of supply, Power has improved tremendously under PMB, op u are so on point.
it has increased becoz baba selfie and tinubu's thugs were sabotagging jonathan's government. We all know that the improvement is jonathan's achievement.
Re: Increase In Power Generation. True Or False? by rugipp(m): 12:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
True

(1) (Reply)

Own it / Cattle Rustler Going To Hajj Arrested / Senate Hails Withdrawal Of Forgery Suit By Saraki's Opponents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.