Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,993 members, 7,938,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 03:57 PM

See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi (60263 Views)

"I Started This Business With My School Fees And Robbers Did This To Me". Photos / See What An Army Officer Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos... Photos / Man Arrested While Robbing In Traffic At CMS, Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by DrObum(m): 7:31am On Aug 22, 2015
This is bad!
Are we returning to such dark days in this country

Go forbid!
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by Mariecakes(f): 7:34am On Aug 22, 2015
This is bad ooo but thank God for your life
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by homirefacuny(m): 7:44am On Aug 22, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Yellow Bar guys at work.

Must you show your stupidity everywhere you go??

4 Likes

Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by WailingWailer00(m): 7:45am On Aug 22, 2015
Thank God you're alive
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by Laredojohn(m): 7:47am On Aug 22, 2015
Soo sad, though I heard there was a fight at Oshodi yesterday evening...thank God for life
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by pasol4real(m): 7:49am On Aug 22, 2015
Its high time we started carrying guns with license of course , so that when this hoodlums attack like dis dey get the suprise of their life . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by pasol4real(m): 7:51am On Aug 22, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Yellow Bar guys at work.
Am not Yoruba but dis is very very stewpid of you

1 Like

Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by highmood(m): 7:58am On Aug 22, 2015
And this is making FrontPage? When there are so many people who have lost their cars to this daredevils.
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 22, 2015
God please save us from dis yorubbers.

1 Like

Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by Reference(m): 8:02am On Aug 22, 2015
NoRetreat:
Ambode leave Fashola alone for you to concentrate on governance. Oshodi of Fashola was rid of criminals and criminalities,what are we going to say about your Oshodi?

As Ambode as Buhari. Nothing is happening in Nigeria and you guys are cheering. Wherein lies the different. The government at the centre is on autopilot, the pilot is busy in the cabin with unruly passengers.
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by olu4life(m): 8:05am On Aug 22, 2015
It's no longer news to those passing this route almost everyday and it's getting annoying with the rate of increase. This is the security tip for those passing through the bridge at night.

1. If you are a woman driving alone in the traffic, remove headgear, jewelries and any form of stuff that will make u pass as a woman from afar cos they are the easiest to rob on that bridge.
2. Don't ever drive on the extreme end of the lanes, stay in the middle of the road. Those at the extreme end are the most vulnerable to the attacks.
3. Hide your important gadgets away from where they could be easily seen. Wind up your windows but doesn't mean they won't steal break it anyways.

Those are the tips. I pray security forces Wade in to stop the rubbish

1 Like

Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by sunnyjah: 8:07am On Aug 22, 2015
Thank God, for life
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by funkybully(f): 8:10am On Aug 22, 2015
Awon yorrobber fun owo boys. Awon armed robbers

Ahhh ahh fun owo, owo da! Emi omo agbero gan gan! Ah ahhh woooo!
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by engrjacuzzi: 8:11am On Aug 22, 2015
it wasn't funny at all at oshodi at around past 5pm. as I walked along the road to board a bus, suddenly heard gun shot and sound of broken bottles under the bridge. I tried to wait to know where the violent was happening before running but immediately saw people running even police traffic warders.....I ran as fast as I could and got the opportunity to board the wrong bus just for safety. while inside the bus, I saw hefty guys with cutlass, guns, weapons. I couldn't believe I ran as I felt slightly ill.
oshodi is a place of uncertainty.

1 Like

Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by kilokeys(m): 8:14am On Aug 22, 2015
scholes0:
Are these armed robbers or petty thieves?
Petty thieves dey thief maggi

Anybody that can break ur glass is an assassin
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by lozanni(m): 8:14am On Aug 22, 2015
By 7pm??! It was not dark at that time.
Oshodi, on top of the bridge, has always being a dangerous zone. I can remember when an Association I belong to went to the Island for a function in a hired bus and on our way back, a lorry carrying goods brushed our vehicle and damaged the side mirror.
As our driver got down and was arguing with the lorry driver,in a twinkling of an eye, many hoodlums appeared out of the darkness and encircled our vehicle. One particular hoodlum was going round the bus and peering inside and I.am sure that if the bus was not air conditioned, he would have put his hand into the vehicle to snatch someone's bag or phone!!!
When I noticed the above movement, I called the driver to enter the bus, that we shall replace the damaged mirror for him. We then zoomed away from the scene.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:22am On Aug 22, 2015
In broad day light in public glare. And some guys will come here to tell me how Lagos is the best place to live in the world. Abuja rocks joor!!
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by rugipp(m): 8:27am On Aug 22, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Yellow Bar guys at work.

Eranko lasan lasan....omo yebo
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 22, 2015
olu4life:
It's no longer news to those passing this route almost everyday and it's getting annoying with the rate of increase. This is the security tip for those passing through the bridge at night.

1. If you are a woman driving alone in the traffic, remove headgear, jewelries and any form of stuff that will make u pass as a woman from afar cos they are the easiest to rob on that bridge.
2. Don't ever drive on the extreme end of the lanes, stay in the middle of the road. Those at the extreme end are the most vulnerable to the attacks.
3. Hide your important gadgets away from where they could be easily seen. Wind up your windows but doesn't mean they won't steal break it anyways.

They are not as rubbish as you make them look but the exact walk around solution since we don't have enough security operatives in that area. Yesterday around 5pm, there was heavy fight amongst the touts at the same oshodi. In fact, I was surprise to see a police van change its route while some other were watching.

ADVICE: please if you are plying that route and there is traffic, please stick to those advise up there.

INADDITION: when you are attacked, please don't argue with them just give them what they ask for. Your life is more important.
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by islandmoon: 8:40am On Aug 22, 2015
I want to use this opportunity to advice fellow road users in Nigeria based on what happened today, i almost lost my friend

they left Ibadan coming to Lagos around 5.30PM today and a driver overtook them wrongly in a manner that was extremely dangerous around Sagamu on the expressway, instead of him to just let the driver go with his whahala , he decided to turbo up and gave him a chase in attempt to correct or insult the rude driver..
my friend actually caught up with this rough driver , trying to express his anger but before my friend could say Jack Robinson, it was bullets he saw piercing through his car roof.

one of the bullet scratch the head of the guy sitting next to the driver, they had to rush him to the hospital and the head was stitched
matter reported at the police station!
probably those guys were armed robbers trying to escape or something.
help me to give thanks to God , we would have been mourning now! he could have been dead! God is merciful.

2 Likes

Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by Bollinger(m): 8:41am On Aug 22, 2015
etibaba:
Thank God he wasn't robbed.

Seriously? did you see the pictures?
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by justin04(m): 8:49am On Aug 22, 2015
This happened to me once at Oshodi. I managed to escape.
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by CuteTj(m): 8:51am On Aug 22, 2015
NoRetreat:
Ambode leave Fashola alone for you to concentrate on governance. Oshodi of Fashola was rid of criminals and criminalities,what are we going to say about your Oshodi?

Lol....

Mr.Man, my father was robbed twice in oshodi traffic during Fashola's tenure.
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by tivta(m): 8:53am On Aug 22, 2015
The North has bk, lagos and other parts of the country has armed robbers, no one is safe.
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by tivta(m): 8:57am On Aug 22, 2015
olu4life:

That's a poor tip, don't you know that they knock on your window, show you a gun and tell you to bring all you have or die? It happened to my brother and it was a horrible experience, if the government can't provide security then no amount of tips can save us.
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by 9jatatafo(m): 9:13am On Aug 22, 2015
Just thank GOD that you still have your life. And for that Ambode, he should get down to the business of good governance and stop being a hunting dog of Thiefunubu running after Fashola.
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by henro007(m): 9:21am On Aug 22, 2015
Wonder shall nvr end dis is wat lagosican go tri in d hands of dis bustards,everyday is 4 d thief 1 day is 4 d owner.
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by neocortex: 9:22am On Aug 22, 2015
youmour:
Later if dem catch one roast am people go dey scream #NoToJungleJustice

#ProudlyNoToJungleJustice

Nigeria ain't a jungle.
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by Rudyani33(m): 9:26am On Aug 22, 2015
I thank God for that guy
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by hisgrace090: 9:28am On Aug 22, 2015
There is a high level insecurity the land. Every one on his own, able pmb pls don't give up God is on your side.
Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by blackprowler: 9:41am On Aug 22, 2015
Deaf, stingy Nigerians, including "rich" people, I introduced a car dashboard camera which would change Nigeria forever if every motorist bought it; nobody wants to buy as it's "expensive". These go-slow robbery, kidnapping, and even resolving issues from accidents would be severely cut if they agree - they refuse. To hell with them. Congrats to them my bi is dead on that front and I'm no longer selling any new ones once this last one is bought

Re: See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi by ewizard1: 9:46am On Aug 22, 2015
Sometimes.. i try to picture scenarios like this in my head. Rob a car in traffic? with cars next to the sides , front and back?

#soDisturbing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

200 Italian Police Arrest Nigerian Mafia Gangsters / 21-year-old Lady Raped 12-year-old Boy And Gave Him Herpes In US (photos) / Dismissed Soldier Kills Girlfriend Over Text Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.