Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,886 members, 7,883,108 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? (22301 Views)

Halima Babangida To Be The 3rd Wife Of Auwal Lawa: Lady Shades Anti-Polygamists / Lady And Baby In IDP Camp Vs Lady Rescued From Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest / Amaechi And Wife Loved Up After His Ministerial Screening(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by ladyF(f): 8:32pm On Aug 22, 2015
RexTramadol1:
You can never stop me from naming my wife First lady

Infact F dey her name before

LadyF is my first lady grin grin grin
lol first lady and wife of the president are the same to me.... grin

hehehe FTC on Page 2

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by cococandy(f): 8:33pm On Aug 22, 2015
Lmao. grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by divinessa: 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2015
I am here to read comments only.
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by anumide(f): 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2015
Abugab:
Wife of the president is more dignifying and respectable as it is not an electable title or office.
First lady is derigatory to womanhood as there is no first lady as all ladies are first in their own right and ways.
With what we have come to associate 'Firat Ladyship' with iniNigeria and Africa, it is a non elective and non constitutional office that is entitled to the resources of the nation and also where constitutional decisions are taken ir made even when the person or office is unconstitutional.
Wife of the president is yet to be experimented but going by the title, it should be for women affairs without the parafenelia of office like in first lady.
Wife of the president is still work in progress though....
sweets, first lady is not derogatory at all.
in a democratic system, there is the first family; everyone in that family automatically earns the tittle "first". America has first dog sef. if our president was a woman, her husband would have been " first gentleman ".
that's how it works.
however, beginning with Maryam Babangida, the office has been politicized, in other to sweeten campaign promises, PMB promised to abolish the office, the reason why there is all these noise now. all he should have said way that it was not an elective position, therefore it won't be used to siphon govt money.
all this wahala for no dey now.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by anumide(f): 8:36pm On Aug 22, 2015
baralatie:
the difference is
1,office of the 1st lady is for PDP
2,wife of the president is for APC
ko ju be lo
hahaha. now my flatmates think I'm crazy. best answer ever
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by anumide(f): 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
baralatie:
the difference is
1,office of the 1st lady is for PDP
2,wife of the president is for APC
ko ju be lo
hahaha. now my flatmates think I'm crazy. best answer ever
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by AmakaZiggy: 8:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
Buhari is deceiving him self, all APC are robbers time wil tell.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by adanny01(m): 8:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
A first lady is a first lady while the wife of the President is actually the wife of the President! Got it?
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Viktor1983(m): 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
jmoore:

My point is that your answer makes no sense.

This is English language>> What is the difference between first lady and wife of the president?

Simple question!!!

Mr Abugab, jmoore says your answer makes no sense..
Truth be told, your answer makes no sense at all....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Lady you could read this up on wiki for starters.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Ikenda: 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
The President has a wife but the wife does not have a legal position in the Nigerian law...that's the difference

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Banter1(m): 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
Editor1:
First Lady is the previous office used to siphon money.

Wife of the president is a dullard term for a new office used to siphon the same money.

The Siphonee(Nigerians) remain the same. The only thing dat changes is face of THE SIPHONER

What does dis Buhari even take Nigerians for...Dullards? I guess our President needs "Brain Allowance"
look at this maggot. U get luck say I no feed you to my dog wen i found u inside my dog meat.
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by flokii: 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
jmoore:
What is the difference between first lady and wife of the president?

na so you mumu reach?... in dis 21st century where google dey.. dem suppose flog you I swear
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by anumide(f): 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
jmoore:

Ewwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First lady according every dictionary in the whole world means "The wife of the President or head of state.
dude has a point.
some governors have four wives.
only one can be paraded as the first lady. the rest are " wives of the governor "

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Abugab(m): 8:42pm On Aug 22, 2015
anumide:

sweets, first lady is not derogatory at all.
in a democratic system, there is the first family; everyone in that family automatically earns the tittle "first". America has first dog sef. if our president was a woman, her husband would have been " first gentleman ".
that's how it works.
however, beginning with Maryam Babangida, the office has been politicized, in other to sweeten campaign promises, PMB promised to abolish the office, the reason why there is all these noise now. all he should have said way that it was not an elective position, therefore it won't be used to siphon govt money.
all this wahala for no dey now.

I feel it takes the shine off the other women as every woman is 1st in her own way. Derogatory to women I mean. Wife of the president is more like it. But the powers should be drastically reduced as the office has wielded too much powers in recent times.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 22, 2015
First Lady: Wife of the President of the US. It's used as an official title but who gives a hoot?
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by awa(m): 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2015
Abugab:
Wife of the president is more dignifying and respectable as it is not an electable title or office.
First lady is derigatory to womanhood as there is no first lady as all ladies are first in their own right and ways.
With what we have come to associate 'Firat Ladyship' with iniNigeria and Africa, it is a non elective and non constitutional office that is entitled to the resources of the nation and also where constitutional decisions are taken ir made even when the person or office is unconstitutional.
Wife of the president is yet to be experimented but going by the title, it should be for women affairs without the parafenelia of office like in first lady.
Wife of the president is still work in progress though....

After reading your first line, I should have stopped reading but I just ended wasting my MB.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 22, 2015
jmoore:
What is the difference between first lady and wife of the president?

VERY SIMPLE

FIRST LADY HAS ACCESS TO PUBLIC FUNDS

WIFE OF THE PRESIDENT HAS NO SINGLE ALLOWANCE ATTACH TO THAT NAME

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Justicealh3(m): 8:49pm On Aug 22, 2015
ochejoseph:
Only Lai Mohammed has the answer
Like.
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by saint047(m): 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
Gen @MBuhari since your "INTEGRITY" pushed power supply to 5,000mw ..Please pump more integrity to increase it to 20,000mw.

Party of Lai-rs
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Viktor1983(m): 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
Abugab:

I feel it takes the shine off the other women as every woman is 1st in her own way. Derogatory to women I mean. Wife of the president is more like it. But the powers should be drastically reduced as the office has wielded too much powers in recent times.
Cheers

it doesn't take any shine off any one. which powers should be drastically reduced? truth is there are no powers tied to a first lady, its just an honorary designation .
All I can say is that the title first lady is abused in Nigeria.
PMB changing the title from first lady to wife of President makes no difference.
if he and his wife upholds the law as regards to the first lady thingy, that's where the difference will be made

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by jmoore(m): 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
Themaingate:

VERY SIMPLE

FIRST LADY HAS ACCESS TO PUBLIC FUNDS

WIFE OF THE PRESIDENT HAS NO SINGLE ALLOWANCE ATTACH TO THAT NAME

You are wrong, There's no constitutional backing for the “office of the first lady”. It is just a title like other first ladies all over the world.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Abugab(m): 8:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
awa:

After reading your first line, I should have stopped reading but I just ended wasting my MB.

Poor you.
I can help out with a good subscription.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
adanny01:
A first lady is a first lady while the wife of the President is actually the wife of the President! Got it?
lol bro as you type this finish read am e make sense to you before you post am ?
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by KingIOb: 8:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
First Lady is used when the President has only one wife or wants to make only one of his wives prominent.

Wife of the President is used when the President has many wives. Any of them can go by that title.
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by eagleeye2: 8:59pm On Aug 22, 2015
You know when you are desperate for power, you say anything and everything just to deceive the electorates and be voted into office.
The very day I read that General Buhari was going to abolish the office of the First Lady, I knew it practically impossible. Not when he was married to a woman like Aisha.
Nigerians like to be deceived that's why we keep recycling this expired human beings.
The more things look as if they are changing the more they remain the same.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by tartar9(m): 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
the first lady is the official wife/main chick of the president
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by AGBARUSIA1(m): 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
jmoore:

First lady is derogatory, huh? I reject learning from you.
. Same wit me I reject 2 be tutored by an olodo..simple Question and he is here spewing gabbage..mtcheeeewwwww

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by adanny01(m): 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
lol bro as you type this finish read am e make sense to you before you post am ?

I makes perfect sense.

Check this out. My wife is my first lady. We call my mum first lady. A car is named first lady (1992 Toyota corolla hatch back). Anything can be named or called first lady.

On the other hand only 1 woman in the whole of Nigeria is the Wife of the President who is Aisha Buhari. Dame Patience Jonathan is Wife of the former President.

See!
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by jmoore(m): 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2015
adanny01:

I makes perfect sense.

Check this out. My wife is my first lady. We call my mum first lady. A car is named first lady (1990 Toyota corolla hatch back). Anything can be named or called first lady.

On the other hand only 1 woman in the whole of Nigeria is the Wife of the President who is Aisha Buhari. Dame Patience Jonathan is Wife of the former President.

See!
Companies have presidents too. Societies have their own presidents.

So wetin you dey talk?

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Luckylife(m): 9:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
APC will say, one is short the other is long. haba! I no try grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Omeny: 9:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
Bros? The thing taya me too oooo!

Na the question wey I ask make pple help me answer wey make these apc guys dey confuse me the more!

First lady,wife of the president! I couldn't still differentiate both!
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by mediachirps(m): 9:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
casyrotts:
As for me first lady na rank while wife of the President na position...
cretins

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omo-Agege Appoints Orubebe As Campaign DG For Delta 2023 / Reps In Rowdy Session As Tambuwal Sides With Baraje-led PDP / Buhari Tours The National Park In Malabo And Meets With Nigerian Community (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.