Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,872 members, 7,883,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 10:29 PM

What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? (22300 Views)

Halima Babangida To Be The 3rd Wife Of Auwal Lawa: Lady Shades Anti-Polygamists / Lady And Baby In IDP Camp Vs Lady Rescued From Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest / Amaechi And Wife Loved Up After His Ministerial Screening(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by OCstash: 9:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
jmoore:

Bros, you dey confuse me oh. What is the difference between rank and position?
I jst tire 4 the bros ooo.Abeg help me ask am
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by onunwa21(m): 9:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
Change! Change!! Change!!!
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:20pm On Aug 22, 2015
adanny01:

I makes perfect sense.

Check this out. My wife is my first lady. We call my mum first lady. A car is named first lady (1992 Toyota corolla hatch back). Anything can be named or called first lady.

On the other hand only 1 woman in the whole of Nigeria is the Wife of the President who is Aisha Buhari. Dame Patience Jonathan is Wife of the former President.

See!
Both are wife of the president just that first lady can be use for other means like governor's wife or name of an independent position or post while wife of the president is used only on presidents wife
Note town union president's wife can bear the name of wife of the president
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by rigarmortis: 9:21pm On Aug 22, 2015
Abugab:

And who are you to score the response?
If it doesn't to you it could to others.
Can't you decipher my comment?
Relax young man and learn

My good man realise when you goof, do the needful, turn you brain on, turn your ego off and shvt the forrk up.

Even wole soyinka in cahoots with william shakespeare cant make sense of the rubbish you are postulating, and both wont even try to put a difference into something which is basically the same thing, when someone like you try to, you sound like someone suffering from intellectual myopia.

Better to keep mute and be thought a foo.l than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Emmahunk(m): 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
First Lady by my own dictionary is defined as 1. The wife of a chief executive and
2. The leading woman in an art or profession.
This is contrary to what some Nairalanders claim.
Now, there is a world of difference between that and the 'wife of the President'
Simply explained,
1.' Being opportuned to be the wife of the President does not make you' First Lady '
2. As such, you are not entitled to have tax payers money allocated to you to roam the whole World aimlessly
3. You do not arrogate unnecessary powers to yourself like questioning the Principal and Staff of the school of the Chibok girls and embarrassing the Nation with your fake tears and diaris GOT OOO (NOT GOD ook)
4. I rest my case
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by henroo2003: 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
To me,1, though both re the same but the word first lady sound official than d wife of the president. 2,I belive according to him and what I dicussed with a colleague this morning, he explained to me that the office of the first lady is funded by the govt that now, the wife of the presiden will have to fund for office herself.. I see reason with that and conclude that that will reduce govt expenses
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Forwetinnah: 9:29pm On Aug 22, 2015
PassingShot:
Na wa o. Too many dumb a55es on NL.

...and you lead the pack!
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Forwetinnah: 9:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
...ask Buhari with his copy and paste administration!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by skippo94: 9:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
Its just the TWO side of the same coin,it is only a blind man that'll see a way through his heart!
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by anonym0us: 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
First lady is an office given to the wife of the president
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by colossus2: 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
ladyF:

lol first lady and wife of the president are the same to me.... grin

hehehe FTC on Page 2

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Lol....You don dey go haywire
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
Chaii!!! this dullard of a guy just dey flex naija intelligence..

Can u imagine?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by RexTramadol1: 10:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
ladyF:

lol first lady and wife of the president are the same to me.... grin

hehehe FTC on Page 2

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

grin grin grin..........I prefer calling u First Lady because you're First like First Bank! Abi First city monument bank!
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by adanny01(m): 10:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
jmoore:

Companies have presidents too. Societies have their own presidents.

So wetin you dey talk?

Her full title is WIFE OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

How many are they?
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Mcowubaba: 10:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
Eshinery:
the only difference is that WOP has got responsibility while First Lady position is just for looting
Story for Abobaku nd the gods.....
Both na Thiefs.....Pdp dey use First Lady office to steal beta moni....while APC dey plan use WOP to loot national treasury.........na the same people.....just packaging cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by jackymfon: 10:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
MIND games... All na d same
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by homesteady(m): 10:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
LOL!

Instead of trying to insult the intelligence of Nigerians, they should just say that Aisha Buhari will not be a nuisance like Patience Jonathan! Simple!
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Toks2008(m): 10:19pm On Aug 22, 2015
casyrotts:
As for me first lady na rank while wife of the President na position...

Gbam

Moreso that word First lady sounds intimidating but the latter sounds realistic and logical.
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Stevosty: 10:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
The president is the number one citizen, while the first lady is the number one among the females which the constitution does not allow, wife of president is exactly what it is, she is and remains the wife of the president no more no less.
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by obailala(m): 10:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
jmoore:
What is the difference between first lady and wife of the president?

[size=14pt]The difference between the FIRST LADIES of the past and the present designation which is 'WIFE OF THE PRESIDENT' is that there would no longer be any budgetary allocations to the office.

For God's sake my fellow Nigerians, what is too difficult to understand in this simple matter?.... 4 pages already gone on this thread and yet no one seems to have figured this out?
[/size]
angry undecided
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by emzila(m): 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2015
First lady is an official and formal title that draws more attention and command influence at the mention of it thereby have d capacity to intorsticate. While wife of the president is an expression of fact, an informal name attracting less attention and influence. The name, wife of the president, strip of powers reserve in the name first lady.
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by korrej(m): 10:39pm On Aug 22, 2015
the president is trying to keep to his campaign promises. He said he wld scrap it(the office of the first lady) and he jst did. The word '... office of the first lady' is gone. so Nigeria, cheers!!! #saynotosarcasm....hehehe
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by Kunlexic(m): 10:43pm On Aug 22, 2015
Can't talk
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by prof12(m): 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2015
Being a first lady makes a woman equivalent in power and authority to her president husband while wife of the president makes her influence in governance less
Which means no special budget to her office.
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by DeRoyalFranco(m): 11:11pm On Aug 22, 2015
casyrotts:
you are daft
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by kessler53(m): 11:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
casyrotts:
na d same tin
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by 989900: 11:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
jmoore:

Bros, you dey confuse me oh. What is the difference between rank and position?

Position is better than rank.

See Major Hamza Al Mustafa vs Lt.Gen Oladipo Diya.
cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by 989900: 11:32pm On Aug 22, 2015
Lets call a spade a spade, Patience bastardized that office. Hence, PMB's disposition towards that label.
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by white2014: 11:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
I am an analyst,a statistician.Wife of the president is the word but first lady is just to open office.For your data/project analysis, contact
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by SaviorJenvini(m): 12:05am On Aug 23, 2015
Michelle Obama with her megawatt personality kept it straight to d point officially - First Lady of d US

Mumu pipu from Daura wan speak English _ office of the wife of the president of the federal republic of Nigeria

Yeye
Na God go deliver una

APC illitrates
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 12:06am On Aug 23, 2015
PassingShot:
Na wa o. Too many dumb a55es on NL.
Lmao...and u have 'ass' in ur name @pASSingshot
Re: What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"? by perryy(m): 12:44am On Aug 23, 2015
Abugab:

I million for what?
Made that kind of money over 2 decades ago and have gone way past that.
Its about sharing ideas which anyone could learn from.
Do you think everyone on NL is a neophyte?
Don't get it wrong as there are great men and women here and not kids alone.
Op can have it to himself as it will do him some more good.
Cheers
. Oga millionaire, the difference is that one is half dozen while the other is six.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills 8 Worshipers Outside A Church In The North East / Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Osoba Arrive Ondo State For APC Meeting (Photos) / Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.