Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,282 members, 7,881,051 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:32 AM

Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar (27667 Views)

Femi Adesina, Rewane Bismarck And Oby Ezekwezili On Channels TV Live / What Oby Ezekwesili Tweeted After Amaechi Was Confirmed As A Minister / RE: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
God will judge all of u.

I won't engage u in stupidity
Ralphlauren:

If the borno state government was actually at fault, what did your GEJ do about it? Didn't he claim initially that the girls were never missing?

Did he hold anyone accountable? Was anybody arrested or prosecuted?

Instead his wife summoned people from borno state where she embarrassed herself to the whole world. PEJ turned herself to Commander in chief of the armed forces while GEJ became the First Lady. grin

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

A single meeting... Was that the tempo under Jonathan?... How come her boss has accepted political appointment and moved on?...How often do you hear about BBOG nowadays?...I lost hope in Oby the day he requested for empirical evidence before he can accept that Obj is corrupt... then I ask did he wait for same empirical evidence before declaring Jonathan corrupt
I believe Ezekwesili is indecisive politically... But the Chibok Girls issue is from a humanity perspective... No politics attached... So her political affinity is a topic for another day.
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by ddippset(m): 11:06pm On Aug 22, 2015
Image123:
Useless, long story based on an ignorant premise. The so called BBOG campaign is still on. They even managed a meeting with the Presidency recently, something unachieved in the past. A simple look/glance at @obyezeks timeline on twitter, or any of her fellow campaign fellows show how untrue your rant is. Are you showing more concern for the girls and what have you done? Did you know that it will be 500days since the girls were missing? i bet you didn't. Well, thanks to Oby,we're so informed/reminded. If you have nothing better or superior to offer, stop attacking and criticising people who are doing something. When Oby Ezeks formed amnesty international with her colleagues, you were nobody and still remain nobody in this sense. Until you equal her achievements or surpass them, find something reasonable to do with life.
Gbam !

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by emmiesky(m): 11:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
Oby sure deserves an Oscar/Grammy for her performance during the BBOG campaign.
Why the sudden silence? I join the OP in reiterating these question 'Have the girls been found?'

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by ddippset(m): 11:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
These people still don't realize that no amount of wailing would make buhari die, be impeached or resign. If you like insult and wail till thy Kingdom come. The man has booted out Jonathan. He's your president now.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Image123(m): 11:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
rozayx5:

bbog was SCAM the same way APC generates electricity with integrity making engineers looks stuppid undecided
Fact remains that megawatts are being generated, media reported 5000MW this week, and Nigerians have felt an improvement in electricity. This is a fact and easily checked, it's lazy and myopic to say electricity generation is a scam. In other words, you have no point.

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by anulaxad(m): 11:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
Image123:
Useless, long story based on an ignorant premise. The so called BBOG campaign is still on. They even managed a meeting with the Presidency recently, something unachieved in the past. A simple look/glance at @obyezeks timeline on twitter, or any of her fellow campaign fellows show how untrue your rant is. Are you showing more concern for the girls and what have you done? Did you know that it will be 500days since the girls were missing? i bet you didn't. Well, thanks to Oby,we're so informed/reminded. If you have nothing better or superior to offer, stop attacking and criticising people who are doing something. When Oby Ezeks formed amnesty international with her colleagues, you were nobody and still remain nobody in this sense. Until you equal her achievements or surpass them, find something reasonable to do with life.

i think you mean transparency international.
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 22, 2015
Just to clear some air,first of all we never know what people are going through at each phase in life,madam oby is a great lady, firstly wen this administration was inaugurated they BBOG's team met with the president,and laid a request before the President,they gave him time to work,
Lately madam oby broke down in health she just recovered and the BBOG's group are back to Unity fountain,presently activities are on to mark 500 days of the girls disappearance,a jumat service was held on Friday.
Personal thought:we should not condemn what we can't comprehend. Am not saying the girls were kidnapped or not but in time truth would come out.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Image123(m): 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
Celepope:

Naija people nor go kill me .What the fu^k is the bolded?
Educate yourself, I'm sure they paid your school fees. Make us all proud that was done.
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Centurion13(m): 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
Young man , the pressure was on during GEJ era because he refused to grant BBOGs campaigners the necessary audience.

Why would they go on ranting when PMB has granted them audience and laid down his plans towards bringing the girls back? Such ranting would have led to them making nuisance of themselves but yet they've not relented.

They are still engaging and keeping the dream alive.

Please this your article is an unnecessary ranting

God bless Madam Oby

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by agabaI23(m): 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
I have been waiting for the usual rallies and media interviews for long now but I am losing my patience.
The rallies were held every other day or even daily especially when the election was close.

When was the last time #bbog trended on twitter?

Haha
Hahaha
hahahaha
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Forwetinnah: 11:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
"Spittle flying everywhere"
gringringringringringringringrin
Oh laaawd!! Lmfao
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Truckpusher(m): 11:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
ladyF:

Lol really? Its too realistic to b staged grin
Anything can be staged sister - once you have the right environment and people that are willing to be used to achieve a particular goal then you got your dreams coming through .

People and culture are so dynamic that anything can go as far as it satisfies a particular goal.
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by dictbennie(m): 11:16pm On Aug 22, 2015
Biggest scam of the century...No girl is missing.....
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Ralphlauren(m): 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
chigo93:
God will judge all of u.

I won't engage u in stupidity

Yawns! It's people like you that see nothing wrong in the rot and destruction the GEJ led government brought upon Nigerians that will receive the full judgement of GOD.

Anyways, Keep on wailing. grin

Get over it. GEJ can never ever rule this country ever again.

Buhari till 2089 grin
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Reptyle(m): 11:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
Only silly mischief makers like the writer of the article will claim they are unaware that the BBOG campaign is still alive and well...but then we all know there are a lot of silly mischief makers in our country nowadays.
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 22, 2015
The fact is the second version of BBOG will come or suffice if she were not absorbed in PMB cabinets. Everybody even her is waiting for the honeymoon expiration. If she is not considered, that movement is capable of becoming another Boko Haram. Their unseen sponsors are very powerful. God forbid, their own boko haram will be more deadlier because PMB cannot clamp them down.
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by pus33: 11:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Image123(m): 11:32pm On Aug 22, 2015
anulaxad:

i think you mean transparency international.
Yes, sorry about that mistake and thanks. i mean Transparency International.
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 22, 2015
Image123:

Interesting remark. However, she never formed Amnesty International with any body; it was founded in 1961 by Peter Benenson at London. I wonder how old she was as at then. Are you rather trying to imply BBOG?
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 22, 2015
Tell ur father and dead mother to keep on wailing! cool
Ralphlauren:

Yawns! It's people like you that see nothing wrong in the rot and destruction the GEJ led government brought upon Nigerians that will receive the full judgement of GOD.

Anyways, Keep on wailing. grin

Get over it. GEJ can never ever rule this country ever again.

Buhari till 2089 grin
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Image123(m): 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
chuksze:

Interesting remark. However, she never formed Amnesty International with any body; it was founded in 1961 by Peter Benenson at London. I wonder how old she was as at then. Are you rather trying to imply BBOG?
Yes, that has been corrected, meant to say Transparency International.
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by talk2jay(m): 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
It really shows how uninformed you are about the BBOG campaign. Since the campaign started,there hasn't been a single day without the traditional sit out at the unity fountain in Abuja.Aside that,her campaign on twitter hasn't also dimished a bit. Just last month there was a BBOG march to aso rock and was addressed by PMB on the govt's frantic effort at rescuing the girls. I would rather you get a proper grasp of issues and not be too quick to malign the reputation of one of the highly revered icons of social Justice and accountability.I think you need to get this right;it's not political.so,the respective political administrations notwithstanding,the campaingn is still very active and justified.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 22, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
sorry, the name doesn't ring a bell. I ll Pass
Aye Aye...
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Celepope: 11:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
Image123:

Educate yourself, I'm sure they paid your school fees. Make us all proud that was done.
Hey Mr. man yield to your own advice cos it will be more beneficial to you.How the hell did Mrs. Ezekwesili formed Amnesty International?.Instead of you to correct your error, you prefer to want to start an E-war.
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by PStacks(m): 11:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
Smoke2015:

Article written Joseph Edgar for for RipplesNG.
http://www.ripples.com.ng/oby-ezekwezili-her-barber-the-chibok-girls-and-tales-by-moonlight/

Poor little Joseph seeking attention claiming Madam Oby is the attention seeker.

How dare you write foolishly for the fun of writing. If for anything, Madam oby achieved a change of lacklustre government to a more robust and vibrant one, the "bring back our girls" campaign isn't dead, but from a lay man's point of view, I can see she is bidding a little time to read the gesture of the current government to her stance on the fight on terrorism..

If for anything, this present Government has probed Arm's deal, Sacked Sambo Dasuki, sacked all service chief's and replaced them with more dedicated, more committed and more effective chief's and just today we heard the Chief of Army's staff's convoy was in maiduguri the heart of the battle, the theatre of war proper.

Moral within the ranks and file of the army is at an all time high, the Joint multinational joint task force is slated to resume operations soonest and the incumbent president has given his word severally on Boko haram termination before end of year..

Are you saying in the midst of all these achievements, Madam Oby should come out with drums in front of Nilcon Hilton Abuja to start singing "Bring Back our Girls"...

To have written this lame article and still laid claims to writting it show's how daft a nigerian you are, a paid Tanoid agent and a confusionist.

If for anything, Madam Oby is A Heroine of Change and she is truly deserved of a Noble Prize.

She lead a movement that called Global Attention! OMG!!! What a feat! Tripple Platnum if u ask my opinion.
Maybe she's modern day Mother Theresa, who knows?

Don't just pick a pen and write for the fun of writing, writing is a tool for Mass communication and it would be in your best interest not to communicate jargons to a teaming populace.

Never miscontrude facts by trying to crap about her person and her baber cos that seems to be non of your business.

And pls, for the records, your opinion don't count

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Image123(m): 11:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
ladyF:

compare it to when Jonathan was in power, they have definitely reduced...to me...
A soft answer turns away wrath, so says the Holy book. Read this for instance.
" Last year October, as part of the activities marking the Global Week of Action to commemorate 200 days of the abduction, the #BringBackOurGirls movement sought for an engagement with the Nigerian president. So she wrote a letter to be given to him on her behalf, because school was in session she couldn’t be part of the march to the president. In it, she requested the president to please do anything he could to bring back our girls as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, the government sent truck loads of antiriot policewomen reinforced by more truck loads of armed soldiers to set a blockade close to the presidential villa preventing the advocates from proceeding with the march to meet the president. For this reason sadly, the letter couldn’t be delivered to the president, but to his hostile representatives. Whether it was passed on to him or not is what remains to be known. This must’ve been the saddest part of that experience — that even children weren’t immune to the government’s hostility towards citizens, and wouldn’t listen to the cry of a young child pleading for the rescue of other innocent schoolgirls.
In April this year during the Global Week of Action to commemorate 1 full year of abduction, she wrote another one. This time to Nigerian parents, specifically to the Chibok parents.
On May 29 however, a new Nigerian president was sworn in, who promised during his inaugural speech to do whatever he can to ensure that our Chibok schoolgirls are rescued and brought back alive, as soon as possible. On 10 June, the #BringBackOurGirls movement wrote to the president requesting to meet with him, as it had done previously. It can only be imagined how excited she was when on 30 June the president agreed with the movement on 8 July at the presidential villa at 12 noon. So she wrote yet another letter to the president.
On that day, Miss Hauwa Abubakar Yusuf it was who led the #BringBackOurGirls march to engage with the president at the State House. During the meeting which lasted for 62 minutes, various people spoke including 2 mothers of our missing girls. After the president responded, the meeting came to an end; all rose for the national anthem. One little thing though, the letters hadn’t been delivered. So she got up from where she sat and walked to the front"

From
www.bringbackourgirls.ng/category/editorials/
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Image123(m): 11:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
Celepope:

Hey Mr. man yield to your own advice cos it will be more beneficial to you.How the hell did Mrs. Ezekwesili formed Amnesty International?

i already did and modified my post,go and do likewise. i meant to say Transparency International, the substance is not lost.Kindly write properly.
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Celepope: 12:01am On Aug 23, 2015
Image123:

i already did and modified my post,go and do likewise. i meant to say Transparency International, the substance is not lost.Kindly write properly.
Okay Noted.But try to appreciate it whenever your error is spotted.There is no harm in acknowledging that and move on after all no man is above error.
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by dvee2: 12:11am On Aug 23, 2015
BBOG SCAMMED YOU, APC SCAMMED YOU, BUHARI SCAMMED YOU, IF IT'S THIS VERY EASY TO SCAM YOU AND YOUR CLUELESS GEJ, THEN YOU HAVE NO IQ TO LEAD IN THE FIRST PLACE. Keep wailing.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by kgr8mike(m): 1:17am On Aug 23, 2015
Oby is afraid of her corrupt practises while in office. If she insist on finding the girls to discredit this government then Buhari' s government will go after what belonged to everybody that is with her and she may not want the hunter to be hunted. You know Oby could not answer the question of whether or not OBJ and his administration was corrupt. Just forget her, she will soon be dumped in the dustbin of history for no evil deed can go unpunished. He that comes to equity must come with clean hands and again those that live in glass houses should not throw stones. But since she thought otherwise am all eyes.
Re: Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar by Olukat(m): 1:31am On Aug 23, 2015
Image123:
Useless, long story based on an ignorant premise. The so called BBOG campaign is still on. They even managed a meeting with the Presidency recently, something unachieved in the past. A simple look/glance at @obyezeks timeline on twitter, or any of her fellow campaign fellows show how untrue your rant is. Are you showing more concern for the girls and what have you done? Did you know that it will be 500days since the girls were missing? i bet you didn't. Well, thanks to Oby,we're so informed/reminded. If you have nothing better or superior to offer, stop attacking and criticising people who are doing something. When Oby Ezeks formed transparency international with her colleagues, you were nobody and still remain nobody in this sense. Until you equal her achievements or surpass them, find something reasonable to do with life.

edited. TI(Transparency International)

You resulted to insult to hide your ignorance as regards BBOG campaigners. Must everybody access madam Oby's Twitter account to know the campaign is on? What happens to channels TV too, have they shifted their campaign to Facebook? No one is proud of the events leading to the abduction of any Nigerian in the North. But, politicizing the event was silly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Hosts Imam In Saudi Arabia While On Pilgrimage Duty..photo / Suicide Bomber Kills 5 Refugees In Borno State IDP Camp. Graphic Photo / People Kneel Down For Senator Rafiu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.