Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,416 members, 7,932,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 03:57 AM

Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream (37943 Views)

Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Is This The Buhari We Know? Noooooo Something Is Wrong! / Man Excited To Meet Obasanjo In Victoria, Seychelles / Obasanjo In Auto-Crash, Escapes Unhurt - Today.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Obasanjo is a garrulous baboon.
This is even funny. grin
"Nigeria of our dreams"??. It must be a bad dream.

GOD bless you

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by SeverusSnape(m): 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
princealeto:

GOD bless you
... And you too.
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by philips70(m): 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
Firefire:

Thank you. Apology accepted.

Let us respect the dead and our heroes.

When you give him the license to insult your elders and leaders you have inadvertently given him the license to insult both the dead and the living.

I don't like Jonathan and his leadership styles but go through my comments, I don't insult him and will never do.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Rexology: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
Obasanjo is one man I love so much, however this statement is self-indicting , it means his 8years was actually a waste of time and resources. Out of 16years of PDP government in Nigeria, only OBJ took 8years, Yaradua took 3years and GEJ took 5years approximately.
Therefore, if the wasteful 16 years of PDP should be apportioned amongst them, that is:

OBASANJO 8÷16×100=50%
YARADUA 3÷16×100=18. 75%
JONATHAN 5÷16×100=31. 25%

Based on this apportionment, it's obvious who contributed the highest percentage in the wasteful 16years of PDP.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by alabiyemmy(m): 3:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
If you are not experiencing any change in Nigeria, you are blind. You are deaf. You are dumb. In fact, your sense organs are dead.

Count them for me please. I want to know them changes!

That is a mighty curse if you say what we are experiencing now is the change we want.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Fundango: 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
midolian:
Baba no fear any fvcking probe, man. Need I remind you of this statement b4 u believe? "It is better for Buhari to come to power in 2015 and jail me, than for Jonathan to come back and destroy the remaining Nigeria." - OBJ (2014)

This was b4 the elections. grin

Happy sunday
5,000,000,000,000,000 Likes 0 Dislikes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Firefire(m): 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
philips70:

When you give him the license to insult your elders and leaders you have inadvertently given him the license to insult both the dead and the living.

I don't like Jonathan and his leadership styles but go through my comments, I don't insult him and will never do.

If you don't, do you caution the other fellow in your camp, who throw insults as if it's their birthright?

For the living and selfish looters, I am yet to see a leader or elder among them worth t emulating.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
midolian:
pls read the quote below! Its for you and other children of hate grin grin grin

u are just a fooool. dint u feel the sarcasm?? u disgust me.
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by kuroben4real: 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2015
If this is the new nigeria people are desiring to see, u must be partial
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by 989900: 3:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
True words coming from a despicable human.
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by philips70(m): 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
Firefire:

If you don't, do you caution the other fellow in your camp, who throw insults as if it's their birthright?

For the living and selfish looters, I am yet to see a leader or elder among them worth t emulating.

I sure do for the unprovoked insults. There are some retaliatory insults that you just let them go. I have reprimanded demdem some time ago when he came down hard on GEJ. Many guys act here as if they have no elders or parents at home. How would you feel if you accidentally meet a kid down the street insulting your parents?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by hamiid(m): 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
he attest to truth him don fail already
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Demdem(m): 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
philips70:

I sure do for the unprovoked insults. There are some retaliatory insults that you just let them go. I have reprimanded demdem some time ago when he came down hard on GEJ. Many guys act here as if they have no elders or parents at home. How would you feel if you accidentally meet a kid down the street insulting your parents?

Jonah-daft is a bad elder. Such fools deserves not respects but stones.
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by alabiyemmy(m): 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
Indirectly u r putting a curse on Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by tomakint: 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
Demdem:

.........and Jesus wept for Demdem cry
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Bome01(m): 4:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
Coming from Obj, I doubt!
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Firefire(m): 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
philips70:

Thank you very much for your inclination.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by philips70(m): 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
Demdem:

grin I gave up on you since that day.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Oldnyoung: 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
If Nigerians are people who take records, right from 1974, nobody would have continued to talk to Obasanjo, considering the quantum of destruction he did to the psyche of the Nigerian people, from killing of students during Ali Must Go protests, to raids at KalaKuta, to Odi, to Zaki Ibiam. Or the attempt to go third term, scuttling democracy? He has a political and social history that is suicidal, if I am allowed to choose that word. And you have such a person around the president
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by chidinwachukwu(m): 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
Tkester:

Mumu, we critique a govt based on concrete deliverables.

When govt does sth worth celebrating and is verifiable we shouting EUREKA!

But when a govt after three months of taking over power is yet to give the electorates any sign of indication of its direction, mumu praising such govt is what is called PROPAGANDA!

Sorry I'm not good at propaganda.

Zombie,Zombie,Zombie u need brain meal,ewu,the current high unemployment rate,and total black out after a light of two days are development abi?.people can be fools,thats why. Oyibo people called Africans black monkeys.Pathetic
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by tundemogba12(m): 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
Its true that we are experiencing a lot of changes now. Fuel is available @ 87 naira, light is also improving and for sometime now, no Boko Haram attack! Let's give credit to Baba Buhari!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by sunsewa: 6:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
look at who is talking, or is it thank u for not probing me from OBJ,some people don't have shame oh,what obj can't do in 8yrs,buhari is doing in two months plus, Obj really needs sanity.
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by redsun(m): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
If it is truly a Nigeria of our dream,the silver back will be be in jail by now for crimes against humanity. From what I gathered so far,I think it is cherry picking and it could backfire dangerously. No amonnt of stolen money should be too small or distant to probe. And nobody should be above probing.
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Totfulguy: 7:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
midolian:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said in just two and a half months of the current administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, Nigerians were already witnessing the Nigeria of their dream.

Speaking at his Hilltop residence in Abeokuta when officials of the National Association of Nigerians Students (NANS) paid him a visit on Friday,  the former President called for unalloyed support for the new government, adding, “in the last two and a half months, Nigerians have started to witness a Nigeria of their dreams,”

Noting that the country had tottered towards the precipice so many times but God had not allowed it to tumble, Obasanjo said, "When one takes a look at everything, the most crucial, and vital conclusion is that God loves Nigeria."

He said: "We thank God for peace even after the election. No single individual is a paragon of perfection. There is no Messiah except Jesus Christ. But there are people who still stick out their neck for the good of Nigerians.

"Thank God we have such as a leader now. What we have witnessed in the last two and a half months is that our dreams are coming true. We must give unalloyed support to the government.”

Speaking further, he said: "Many had thought after the 2015 general elections, Nigeria would be no more. Some had sent their families abroad. Some know the NADECO route. I don't know the NADECO route.

"I don't have anywhere to go. But to the surprise of many of them, God did it in a miraculous way. The election took place, though some did not want it to take place. But let us thank God it took place. We must also thank those who conducted the elections.”

The former President said no matter what the critics of President Buhari might be saying, "I will work for the success of this current dispensation.”

He, however, said criticisms that were objective and positive were welcome where necessary.

Canvassing support for the Buhari government, he told the visiting students that there was no alternative to democracy adding, "the alternative to democracy is worse than democracy. I experienced that. Abacha put me in prison and I was about to be killed. If it was under democracy (democratic rule) that would not happen."

He also spoke on the current campaign against terror, noting that President  Buhari took the right decision by giving the military a November deadline to end the Boko Haram insurgency.

He said setting a target was part of military war strategy to measure the success or failure of a particular operation.

"President Muhammadu Buhari took a right decision by telling the military to quash the Boko Haram insurgents by November. It is not good to just leave everything open-ended. It is a strategy in the military to set a target for any operation. This will enable those concerned to work hard. Having a target is necessary. Even if that target was not met, the people concerned would have something to work with."

Obasanjo who cited the Nigerian civil war as an example, said the military had set a six-month target to crush the Biafran renegades, but the war extended to 30 months.

He said: "For those of us who were involved in the Nigerian civil war, we set a six-month target to end the Nigeria-Biafra war, but it extended to 30 months."
Vice President, NANS, Ogunkuade Oluwatosin, who spoke earlier, said the students' body recognised the doggedness and contributions of the former president to the success of the 2015 general elections.

He said they wanted the Buhari administration to extend its anti-corruption war to the education sector.

Oluwatosin  said: "Your fatherly contribution to the development of Nigeria is visible, even three months after the general elections.

"We need your contribution to move Nigeria to Nigeria of our dreams. We want student-youth inclusion in the government of President Muhammadu Buhari," he added.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obasanjo-in-2-months-we-are-witnessing-nigeria-of-our-dream/218204/

Cc: Lalasticlala! grin

He is a hypocritical old man. What did he do for Nigeria under his tenure as President? Oh I recall, slept with his daughter in-law.
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by tswitch: 8:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
This is a shame coming from a former head of state and president of the most populous country in Africa.
Obasanjo is either deluded and going senile in his old age or playing his tortoise games with the future of Nigerians.

This man needs to be put down like the rabid dog he is!
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by dannewlife(m): 9:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
Some know the NADECO route.
I don't know the NADECO route !
Na who ask you ?
Buhari"s s 2 months bether than your eight years of waste.
Thanks for the confession !
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by fragile96: 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
OBJ nevr wasted his 8 yrs, he knew wat he was doing b4 makin yaradua d president and jonathan d vice. He knew yaradua wasn't dat fit and cud giv up anytime which will pave d way for jonathan to be at d top. He wanted jonathan to get dis praises now but jonathan failed him, himself and d whole nigerian. What he failed to do is wat buhari is now doing.

Haters of buhari and good tins, why dnt u stop it and just accept ur "main man" has failed u, and let dis old, illiterate and kunu man do his work. He has already started d gud tin and we r all feeling it. Only d deaf, blind and dumb will say he's doing nothing.
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Billygee2u: 6:03am On Aug 24, 2015
Tkester:
Government of propaganda and mouth action!

Nigerian dream indeed!
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Billygee2u: 6:06am On Aug 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
If you are not experiencing any change in Nigeria, you are blind. You are deaf. You are dumb. In fact, your sense organs are dead.
wake up to reality, stop living in the world of propaganda and fantasy
Re: Obasanjo: In 2 Months Under Buhari, We Are Witnessing Nigeria Of Our Dream by Demdem(m): 7:17am On Aug 24, 2015
tomakint:

.........and Jesus wept for Demdem cry

Tomafool, shattapppppppppppppppppppp

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Names And Details Of Boko Haram Members Arested In Lagos,enugu / EFCC Raids Mukhtar's House, Recovers Millions Worth Of Jewelry / Ahmad Lawan Vs Buhari’s ADC, Yusuf Dodo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.