Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,193 members, 7,933,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 03:00 PM

Nigerian Recipes - Food (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Recipes (350628 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / Exciting Recipes With Indomie! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Recipes by Urhobogel: 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2011
Amaka please for the Egusi soup, did you say add a DROP of water to cook the bushment and the tripe?
Re: Nigerian Recipes by chibaby5(f): 12:27pm On Jun 16, 2011
O ma gosshh I luv ds! Now I can cook all things thru Nairaland dat gives me recipes kiss cool
Re: Nigerian Recipes by shirleyz: 4:21pm On Jun 16, 2011
Amaka, thanks a bunch for all d wonderful recipes you give on nairaland. It is highly appreciated. wink
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Oram: 6:45am On Jun 17, 2011
Well all recipes are great and delicious.I really like all recipes and want to make all these recipes.Thanks to all for wonderful recipes.Have someone recipe of pizza? If yes then share with me because i have no recipe of it.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by itking: 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2011
get a ebook recipes on how to cook 100 type of Nigeria food email itking011@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Recipes by itking: 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2011
get 100 recipes for all kinds of Nigeria food in just 1 ebook for just 500 send ACCEPT to itking011@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Recipes by ayztech(f): 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2011
amaka thanks in advance and upfront too! Pls kindly send me the maggi cookbook at ayztech@yahoo.com
thanks again
Re: Nigerian Recipes by dlspurs: 12:21pm On Jun 20, 2011
Hi Amaka, i would like to say a big thank you for how far you have helped me to improve my cooking skills. Please kindly send me the maggi cook book also on deeelspurs@ymail.com. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by kaya7939: 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2011
Amaka 1 pls from which part of nigeria can i find bay leaf ? fresh or dried
please assist i am in need of bay leaf
Re: Nigerian Recipes by kaya7939: 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2011
HI Amaka, please send me d e-book on maggi cooking my e-mail address is kaya7939@yahoo.com
thank you
Re: Nigerian Recipes by kaya7939: 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2011
amaka 1 , please is bay leaf same as ugwu leaf ? or whats d native name for bay leaf in nigeria ?
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2011
[size=13pt]Any good Nigerian Recipe for me? Please- recommend one -~Thanks . kiss[/size]
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Brandas: 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2011
All the recipes are good and yummy and my mouth filled with water just after looking at the recipes and specially i liked Scotch egg and also other recipes.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by uhuns: 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2011
My sis with the types of meat and fish used say 4kg. D dish will definetly be ok. But am a guy dat knows that sweet food is in d details and not more in d ingredents. This is found in bukars. Am sure that if 5 guys use ur fomular one wil be d sweetext. Dats d detail am up 4.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Andrew3(m): 7:45pm On Jul 01, 2011
chaii long throat don finish me grin
Re: Nigerian Recipes by PRYNXLEX(m): 12:54pm On Jul 03, 2011
Hello all,
I am Efe. I am in need of a writter for my Online magazine who can write on Nigerian dishes, give out recipees.
Please contact me by texting FOOD followed by your email address to 07041549821.
Thank Landers.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by phragranzz: 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2011
Pls can anyone send me the maggi e-book through this address chetiez@yahoo.com. I will be so grateful. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by mojiit: 3:50pm On Jul 08, 2011
Hello All,

Please, can anyone help out with the Maggie E-book or some other cook book, through this e-mail address godswillesthy@yahoo.com. I'll appreciate it thanks and God bless you all.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by kimbaby: 2:18pm On Jul 14, 2011
hi amaka pls i would be very grateful if you could post the recipe for the white sauce used in eating rice

and i believe there's another sauce where u can use gizzards, kidneys livers etc

also if u have other recipes to eat white rice with i'd be very grateful

thank you
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 15, 2011
@amaka,thanks for the recipes.pls do u have recipes for ibo soups like ofe nsala,oha,ofe onugbu etc
Re: Nigerian Recipes by MissyB3(f): 9:33am On Jul 15, 2011
Cyndas:

@amaka,thanks for the recipes.pls do u have recipes for ibo soups like ofe nsala,oha,ofe onugbu etc

Ofe Nsala I
Ingredients:

Pepper soup spices
Meat/fish/snail (whichever you prefer)
Pepper
Onions
Native Maggi

Method:

Grind spices, pepper,and onions
Put all in a pot containing meat with water and boil
Put in native maggi and salt, stir and its ready. If you want a thick consistency add yam paste

Ofe Nsala II

Ingredients:

Dry/fresh fish
Snail
crab (optional)
crayfish
dry pepper
salt
Uziza seed ( a certain black longish pod used in peppersoup dishes. Can be sourced from igbo traders)
Oluma (this local spice is round and is in a small pod)
Onion
Yam paste for thickening
Water

Method

Clean fish/meat/crab and cut into desired sizes.
Grind the oluma,uziza together with onions.
As all the ingredients are ready put every thing into pot except for fish to prevent it from scaterring.
Add yam paste to thicken allow every thing to boil together.
Allow to thicken. Serve hot with pounded yam. Enjoy

Source : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-169724.0.html
Re: Nigerian Recipes by MissyB3(f): 9:37am On Jul 15, 2011
Ofe Onugbu

INGREDIENTS

Beef or Goat meat(optional) ---------- 8 medium pieces
Stockfish ---------- 1 medium size
Smoked fish ---------- 1 medium size
Onugbu or Bitter leaves (shredded & washed) --- 1 large bunch
Cocoyam (as thickner) ---------- 3 small sizes
Crayfish (ground) ---------- 3 tablespoons
Palm Oil ---------- 2 cooking spoons or half a cup
Dried pepper (ground) ---------- 1 tablespoon
Ogiri ---------- 1 wrap
Maggi Cube or knorr cube ---------- 2 cubes
Water ---------- 2 litres
Salt ---------- to taste.

METHOD
Wash and boil the stockfish for about 35 minutes to soften.
Peel and boil the Cocoyam for about 20 minutes till soft.
Strain the Cocoyam and pound to form a paste.
Place the pot on the burner.
Add water and allow to boil for about 3 minutes.
Add the palm oil, stockfish, washed and boned dried fish, crayfish, pepper and the Cocoyam paste.
Stir and allow to boil for 10 minutes.
Add Maggi Cubes, Ogili and the washed Onugbu leaves.
Cook for another 10 minutes. The soup should thicken by now.
Stir and taste the soup.
Add salt and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Serve with cassava fufu, Eba or with pounded yam.

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9tGXjnf4I9Ehi04hhHdEoghG0dz_LnZGkPRMU7w_5d0sS7WXOOw&t=1[/img]
Re: Nigerian Recipes by MissyB3(f): 9:43am On Jul 15, 2011
Oha

Ingredients
- Seasoning
- Ibo land Ogiri (locust beans)
- Handful of Oha leaves
- Cow skin (pomo)
- ½ oz Crayfish
- 8 Snails
- 6 Yellow peppers
- 6 Oziza leaves
- 250g Assorted meat
- 2 ½ cooking spoon of Palm oil or palm kernel nuts
- 10 pieces of Cocoyam
- 1 oz Stockfish
- 1 oz Periwinkle

METHOD
Step 1 : Boil the palm nut and cocoyam. Allow to soften for 25 minutes.
Step 2 : Extract the palm nut oil before adding to a thick pan. Allow to heat for 2 minutes with a few slices of onion.
Step 3 : Peel the back of the cocoyam with your hands. Quickly add in the palm oil to melt, then a small amount of
water and pounded yellow pepper.
Step 4 : Add the crayfish, stockfish, snail, ogiri (locust beans), cow skin (Pomo), periwinkle and seasoning. Allow to cook for 15 minutes.
Step 5 : Stir and then allow the cocoyam to melt in the soup. Cocoyam serves as a thickener in the soup but if too thick, add some water.
Step 6 : Add the Oha leaves. Do not chop/slice with a knife but use your hands to tear it into the soup.
Step 7 : Add the Oziza leaf (you can chop/slice the Oziza with a knife). Leave all to cook for 5mins then stir. Taste the seasoning (adjust according to taste).
Step 8 : Serve with Fufu or Eba.

Re: Nigerian Recipes by debest1(m): 9:47am On Jul 15, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Oha

Ingredients
- Seasoning
- Ibo land Ogiri (locust beans)
- Handful of Oha leaves
- Cow skin (pomo)
- ½ oz Crayfish
- 8 Snails
- 6 Yellow peppers
- 6 Oziza leaves
- 250g Assorted meat
- 2 ½ cooking spoon of Palm oil or palm kernel nuts
- 10 pieces of Cocoyam
- 1 oz Stockfish
- 1 oz Periwinkle

METHOD
Step 1 : Boil the palm nut and cocoyam. Allow to soften for 25 minutes.
Step 2 : Extract the palm nut oil before adding to a thick pan. Allow to heat for 2 minutes with a few slices of onion.
Step 3 : Peel the back of the cocoyam with your hands. Quickly add in the palm oil to melt, then a small amount of
water and pounded yellow pepper.
Step 4 : Add the crayfish, stockfish, snail, ogiri (locust beans), cow skin (Pomo), periwinkle and seasoning. Allow to cook for 15 minutes.
Step 5 : Stir and then allow the cocoyam to melt in the soup. Cocoyam serves as a thickener in the soup but if too thick, add some water.
Step 6 : Add the Oha leaves. Do not chop/slice with a knife but use your hands to tear it into the soup.
Step 7 : Add the Oziza leaf (you can chop/slice the Oziza with a knife). Leave all to cook for 5mins then stir. Taste the seasoning (adjust according to taste).
Step 8 : Serve with Fufu or Eba.

mehn i'm salivating already. BTW is this soup bitter(i mean like bitter leaf soup)?
Re: Nigerian Recipes by MissyB3(f): 9:51am On Jul 15, 2011
debest1:

mehn i'm salivating already. BTW is this soup bitter(i mean like bitter leaf soup)?
Nah! Ofe Onugbu is.
Re: Nigerian Recipes by businessnews: 6:07am On Jul 19, 2011
Re: Nigerian Recipes by oyinbo27: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2011
hi im new here anyways my fraince is nigerian and i would like to make some nice jollof rice and also i dont know wot its called but its fish made in some spinach stew, does the jollof rice have to be made with meat?can u just make it on its own? any help would be great
Re: Nigerian Recipes by Rosellar(f): 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2011
Any good suggestions for a good place to have a birthday dinner for 15-20 people. Preferred menu is Chinese or continental.
Good ambience.
Pictures allowed
North/central London preferably
Posh setting

Pls assist urgently with any suggestions.
Pls be candid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.