Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,913 members, 7,945,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 09:50 AM

Picture Of The Emir Of Katsina Admiring A Traffic Light In London. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of The Emir Of Katsina Admiring A Traffic Light In London. (1291 Views)

Buhari Received His Classmates Of 1953 Set Of Katsina Middle School (Photos) / Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s / President Buhari Visits The Emir Daura (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture Of The Emir Of Katsina Admiring A Traffic Light In London. by shoturtrap(m): 12:00am On Aug 24, 2015
This picture of the emir of katsina and his entourage admiring a traffic light in london sometime around the 1920s surfaced on Twitter.
I guess they are startled and amazed by the light and how it flicks or changes. Guess, then there was nothing like cars in the north not to mention tarred roads.
Did we even have electricity back then in Nigeria chai.

Re: Picture Of The Emir Of Katsina Admiring A Traffic Light In London. by Paschal001: 12:04am On Aug 24, 2015
Ok
Re: Picture Of The Emir Of Katsina Admiring A Traffic Light In London. by majamajic(m): 12:05am On Aug 24, 2015
But he went with plane
Re: Picture Of The Emir Of Katsina Admiring A Traffic Light In London. by powerfulsettingz: 12:07am On Aug 24, 2015
Lol....... This should be a joke
Re: Picture Of The Emir Of Katsina Admiring A Traffic Light In London. by Ginaz(f): 12:14am On Aug 24, 2015
cry thank God I wasn't born then, na so me 4 go disgrace myself too. ordinary street light na dem dey look? civilization has really done a lot to upgrade Africa. na so we too go dey look like fish.
Re: Picture Of The Emir Of Katsina Admiring A Traffic Light In London. by powerfulsettingz: 12:23am On Aug 24, 2015
Now that u are born are u aware that u can now browse with ur TV set remote...... Seeing thus won't you fall victim as those in the pic above?
Ginaz:
cry thank God I wasn't born then, na so me 4 go disgrace myself too. ordinary street light na dem dey look? civilization has really done a lot to upgrade Africa. na so we too go dey look like fish.
Re: Picture Of The Emir Of Katsina Admiring A Traffic Light In London. by sultaan(m): 12:33am On Aug 24, 2015
barely the same condition in Nigeria about 100 years later
Re: Picture Of The Emir Of Katsina Admiring A Traffic Light In London. by akpanikpe(m): 12:39am On Aug 24, 2015
shoturtrap:
This picture of the emir of katsina and his entourage admiring a traffic light in london sometime around the 1920s surfaced on Twitter.
I guess they are startled and amazed by the light and how it flicks or changes. Guess, then there was nothing like cars in the north not to mention tarred roads.
Did we even have electricity back then in Nigeria chai.
Op, there are cars and electricity. Though even my grand parent were not born at that time,
majamajic:
But he went with plane
So how comes there is plane to travel to London if no electricity, light or tarred roads? Back then?
Re: Picture Of The Emir Of Katsina Admiring A Traffic Light In London. by olasmith10(m): 1:23am On Aug 24, 2015
lol...c as dem be like masquerades

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Fires Back: Wike Also Corrupt; I Won’t Appear Before His Commission / Barcanista hears of Mama Taraba's victory (Photo) / Senator Ben Murray-Bruce Spotted Carrying His Own Bags At Abuja Airport (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.