Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,704 members, 7,945,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 12:19 PM

Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan (1153 Views)

Buhari Is Using Jonathan’s Ideas To Fight Corruption – APC Rep, Olasupo / You Can’t Determine How Buhari Fights Corruption – APC Replies PDP Senators / Don’t Encourage Corruption, APC Cautions Sultan, Oritsejafor, Kukah, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by Sanchez01: 6:22am On Aug 24, 2015
The South-East chapter of the All Progressives Congress says Igbo leaders who are opposing the probe of former President Goodluck Jonathan are desecrating the Igbo tradition.

It said the Igbo leaders who are supporting the former President are in breach of the traditional admonition which forbids Igbo from identifying with thieves or alleged thieves.

Several Igbo leaders, including the Chairman of the Igbo Leaders of Thought, Prof. Ben Nwabueze, and the Secretary-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Joe Nwaorgu, had in recent times opposed President Muhammadu Buhari’s decision to restrict the planned probe to Jonathan’s administration.

They insisted that Jonathan’s government should not be probed unless other previous administrations were included.

However, reacting to the development on Sunday, the South-East APC, in a statement by its spokesman, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, told the Igbo leaders to stop desecrating Igbo tradition by supporting Jonathan.

In the statement titled, ‘Stop desecration of Igbo tradition’, Okechukwu wondered why Jonathan’s defence was being championed by Igbo leaders, rather than the ex-President’s Ijaw kinsmen.

The statement read, “The South-East zonal chapter of the APC calls on Igbo leaders, in the name of defending our dear ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, to stop the desecration of the long standing Igbo tradition and by extension, our revered ancestors.

“Our worry is that the timeless Igbo tradition which admonishes us not to steal, and not to defend or associate with rogues or even alleged rogues is being flagrantly breached by prominent Igbo sons, crying more than Ijaw sons and daughters.

“We have yet to find any sentence where any of them, even our revered icon, erudite and constitutional lawyer, Prof. Ben Nwabueze, in any form denied the mindless, pervasive and unbridled corruption which pervaded ex-President Jonathan’s regime.”

Okechukwu equally condemned Nwaorgu’s advice that Buhari should extend the probe to the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

The South-East APC spokesman accused Nwaorgu of deliberately blocking a planned meeting between Buhari and Ohanaeze Ndigbo before the elections.

According to Okechukwu, Buhari conveyed his request for the meeting, where he intended to “chart the way forward with Ndigbo”, in a letter forwarded to the Ohanaeze Ndigbo secretariat in November 2014.

The statement added, “May we appeal to Chief Joe Nwaorgu and his cohorts, if actually the interest of Ndigbo is what they are fighting for, to climb down from their high horses and stop the hate narratives and embrace the true position that Ndigbo stands to gain more from President Buhari’s regime, if ever we gained from our massive support to former President Jonathan.”

The South-East APC argued that “Ndigbo like all hardworking groups in the country” stand to gain more from Buhari’s administration than Jonathan’s, which it accused of dispensing patronage to cronies.

The party added that the Igbo were more likely to realise their wish to have one of their own as President of the country through Buhari.

According to Okechukwu “The Igbo ethnic merchants and gossip-terrorists who bandy all manners of conspiracy hate theories against President Buhari must come to terms that an eight-year tenure of the man of uncommon integrity is the surest route to the actualisation of President of Igbo extraction, given the zoning convention.”

www.punchng.com/news/corruption-apc-knocks-igbo-leaders-for-defending-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by zuchyblink(m): 6:23am On Aug 24, 2015
Nobody is defending anybody,all we are saying is that if you want to probe,probe everybody and don't select people to probe.
As simple as that.
Somebody should help me tell Buhari that selective justice is the height of kwoluption

6 Likes

Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by OzMingle(m): 6:25am On Aug 24, 2015
I join my own knock too.....
Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by EverestdeBliu(m): 6:28am On Aug 24, 2015
zuchyblink:
Nobody is defending anybody,all we are saying is that if you want to probe,probe everybody and don't select people to probe.
As simple as that
don't mind them.
Is GEJ the only corrupt ex-leader?
Was GEJ even corrupt?
What's all these fuse about GEJ?,I bet if he was a northerner,all these noisemaking probe clamourers won't raise their brows this high.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 24, 2015
Igbos have got to be the most courageous tribe in nigeria. They're the only ones that "the fear of Buhari" is not affecting..lol

All the Igbos have always asked for is fair treatment. Pls tell me, is that too much to ask?
If you want to probe, probe everyone not a selected few

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by tyson99(m): 6:31am On Aug 24, 2015
I follow them join the knock too sef
Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by koboko69: 6:37am On Aug 24, 2015
In the statement titled, ‘Stop desecration of Igbo tradition’, Okechukwu wondered why Jonathan’s defence was being championed by Igbo leaders, rather than the ex-President’s Ijaw kinsmen.

This is the one that baffles ne most. They are also here on line. The ones known as the wailig wailers!!!

Jonathan could not even clean up the river in his village, how will his kinsmen support him?

This igbo factor is really a mystery. ..perharps they were hoping Jonathan would handover to one Ojunwu or chibuzor or Chikodi.....better still chukwudi44

1 Like

Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by philfrey08: 6:43am On Aug 24, 2015
Let them leave us alone....
If this reaches FP, i know what am expecting!
Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 24, 2015
interesting
Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 24, 2015
koboko69:

This is the one that baffles ne most. They are also here on line. The ones known as the wailig wailers!!!

Jonathan could not even clean up the river in his village, how will his kinsmen support him?

This igbo factor is really a mystery. ..perharps they were hoping Jonathan would handover to one Ojunwu or chibuzor or Chikodi.....better still chukwudi44
read between the line buddy. The plot to probe only the GEJ admin is just an event to further divide the already divided south. The north has always believed the south stole those years from them under GEJ regime.

"What an Igbo man sees sitting down, other tribes can only see when they're standing on an iroko tree

2 Likes

Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by winniz: 6:49am On Aug 24, 2015
APC does not exist in SE...so which SE chapter are these jokers talking about undecided

2 Likes

Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by VickJames(m): 6:51am On Aug 24, 2015
Igbo APC who have been supporting a slow old man with no sense of direction but probing everything he finds around him.

How can igbo APC still have mouth to say anything when the man they're supporting hasn't looked at any infrastructural or human development/appointment in the south-east.

It is better we support our clueless man, than support a wicked man who doesn't see anything good with ndigbo!

The funniest part is that, it will get to a stage, Buhari will probe the number of brooms used in APC rally!
Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by jaybee104(m): 6:54am On Aug 24, 2015
chim oh!

1 Like

Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by Sanchez01: 6:56am On Aug 24, 2015
zuchyblink:
As simple as that
Honestly, you cannot expect Buhari to probe every living past leader Nigeria has ever had because it is not done that way. Ideally, PMB's probe quest should be restricted to GEJ for certain reasons;

1. Late Umar Musa Yar'Adua was supposed to probe OBJ's tenure since he was the latter's predecessor but since he passed on and could not achieve that feat, the onus rested on GEJ to do so while completing Yar'Adua's tenure.

2. GEJ again, had the opportunity to do so upon his 'proper' first term. It wouldn't have been impossible to probe Yar'adua's tenure because he was the Vice Present then. Moreso, the person to be probed is no more. He ought to have shifted his attention to OBJ's tenure but he obviously had no balls to do so.

3. And since GEJ is Buhari's predecessor, it is only proper that Buhari focuses on him. If others had been doing their work, you would not be here saying Buhari should probe the dead and the living.

Annoyingly, OBJ, Yar'adua, and GEJ are from the PDP, hence the lack of balls to take on themselves. Buhari has no blame if he faces the one who had just vacated the office.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by Austin4lif: 6:58am On Aug 24, 2015
K
Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by Sanchez01: 7:06am On Aug 24, 2015
liberty300:
The plot to probe only the GEJ admin is just an event to further divide the already divided south.
Still the same. And at the bolded, it's still quite funny because it's just as taking Panadol on someone else's headache. The Ijaws and the South South at large know GEJ mis-represented, yet the Igbos are saying otherwise. Last I checked, the Ijaws are unfazed about this. Perhaps you remember PEJ's infamous "I don't want to serve my husband food in prison." See, if Jonathan is guilty as assumed, I see no reason why he should not be probed/tried. Or maybe we should start believing that the likes of you are screaming because of NOI and AMD and not just because of a South Southerner.

3 Likes

Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by KINGSNEEZE(m): 7:07am On Aug 24, 2015
Prof Ben Nwabueze I know, in fact as an undergraduate he was my landlord but Mr Osita okechukwu doesn't ring a bell, he is from which village pls? Anyways, no point taking him serious bcus even a dead Nigerian know that there is nothing like APC in the Eastern part of this country
Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by FreeGlobe(f): 7:09am On Aug 24, 2015
[size=16pt]Again, this is an impostor group!!! There is no APC in South East[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by owobokiri(m): 7:23am On Aug 24, 2015
Sanchez01:

Honestly, you cannot expect Buhari to probe every living past leader Nigeria has ever had because it is not done that way. Ideally, PMB's probe quest should be restricted to GEJ for certain reasons;

1. Late Umar Musa Yar'Adua was supposed to probe OBJ's tenure since he was the latter's predecessor but since he passed on and could not achieve that feat, the onus rested on GEJ to do so while completing Yar'Adua's tenure.

2. GEJ again, had the opportunity to do so upon his 'proper' first term. It wouldn't have been impossible to probe Yar'adua's tenure because he was the Vice Present then. Moreso, the person to be probed is no more. He ought to have shifted his attention to OBJ's tenure but he obviously had no balls to do so.

3. And since GEJ is Buhari's predecessor, it is only proper that Buhari focuses on him. If others had been doing their work, you would not be here saying Buhari should probe the dead and the living.

Annoyingly, OBJ, Yar'adua, and GEJ are from the PDP, hence the lack of balls to take on themselves. Buhari has no blame if he faces the one who had just vacated the office.

Disjointed logic. . Buhari is not even probing the last regime, buhari simply wants to prrobe some individuals in the last regime. That is how warped this funny fight against corruption is. . The only reason he wants a selective fight against corruption is because most of his ACN backers were/are corrupt ex PDP chieftains. .. . Buhari should quickly make up his mind whether he wants to fight corruption or fight jonathan
Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by Smooyis(m): 8:51am On Aug 24, 2015
KINGSNEEZE:
Prof Ben Nwabueze I know, in fact as an undergraduate he was my landlord but Mr Osita okechukwu doesn't ring a bell, he is from which village pls? Anyways, no point taking him serious bcus even a dead Nigerian know that there is nothing like APC in the Eastern part of this country

How can you talk like this. How can a race as big as the Igbo not have diverse groups and opinions. We should stop living in delusion that all easterners are pdp or apga. Afterall imo is being ruled by Apc.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by KINGSNEEZE(m): 9:03am On Aug 24, 2015
Smooyis:

How can you talk like this. How can a race as big as the Igbo not have diverse groups and opinions. We should stop living in delusion that all easterners are pdp or apga. Afterall imo is being ruled by Apc.
that we doesn't have apc didn't mean that all igbos are now pdp, we have other parties but not apc. U mentioned imo state, yes Rochas is apc but but u know very well that initially he didn't win election as an apc candidate in his first tenure he was apga then and in this last election he won as an apc only bcus he enjoys d power of incumbency...free and fair on a level playing ground he stands no chance. If u are not bias u will understand what I just said...have a nice day Mr
Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by yorubatic: 9:52am On Aug 24, 2015
Let all good nigerians come together and help ibos to get their biafra . ..I am in support of biafra, unlike my coward folks who think they can't do without ibos. My people should start fighting for actualization of odua republic. ..we all have to learn to stand on our own... the Hausa / Fulani has to be on their own too.

I hate nigeria the way it is....we are not thesame people. ..the cowards should learn to be brave like ibos...I admire ibos even though their over chest beating irritates me...

Ibos should learn how to fight media war, not chest beating and making know all your little secret.
Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by disumusa: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2015
zuchyblink:
As simple as that.
Somebody should help me tell Buhari that selective justice is the height of kwoluption
try to reason once, so buhari should start probe from the day of independence.
Can't you or your ibo ask why jeg refuse to probe the obj govt.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by disumusa: 11:23am On Aug 24, 2015
liberty300:
Igbos have got to be the most courageous tribe in nigeria. They're the only ones that "the fear of Buhari" is not affecting..lol

All the Igbos have always asked for is fair treatment. Pls tell me, is that too much to ask?
If you want to probe, probe everyone not a selected few
no wounder ibos travel to abuja with there red cap, to lie and knile down to beg buhari for 20 point ibo agenda.
Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by disumusa: 11:28am On Aug 24, 2015
winniz:
APC does not exist in SE...so which SE chapter are these jokers talking about undecided
as if you know, we dont want SE to contaminat apc.
Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by disumusa: 11:31am On Aug 24, 2015
Smooyis:

rochas is the only apc, more so is a defector not original apc i.e fake
Re: Corruption: APC Knocks Igbo Leaders For Defending Jonathan by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:52am On Aug 24, 2015
zuchyblink:
As simple as that.

Those that support criminality are the greatest and worst criminals

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Conducts Sex Deliverance For Nurse In Hotel / APC And Buhari Have No Economic Blueprint-john Okiyi Kalu / Saraki Intentionally Burn His Own House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.