Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,899 members, 7,922,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:28 PM

What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? (5876 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Village, Kills People, Burns Entire Village On Christmas / “God Owns Lagos, Entire Universe” – PDP Blasts Oba Of Lagos / Nigeria Or South Africa , Which Is More Violent ? I Need To Know Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Becomrrich: 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2009
pataki, you cant even speak english.

revmallam what problem am i part of. Look stop pushing nigeria to people faces. what is the % of southerner who want to remain in nigeria. it is not up to 15%,

why do you think the niger delta crisis. or the call for biafra. I know you must be a govt agent .

Look people do not have solution to  the problem. I am given you a solution. You have a democratic govt in power. and people vote do not matter, and you think you can build nigeria. tell me how. if people do not elect thier leaders how do you hope the system would get better.

We have only one solution, it  is to remove the yoruba, bendle and bayelsa into Benin republic, if you have another solution why not post it on the internet or like you said shut up.

If you believe the north would remain a minority, you are fooling yourself. wait till they use military coup remove all of you.

Omola i do not think you are yoruba. i think you are igbo. but you claim we have no desire to leave and have never had. where are you from the moon,

1. What did they charge chief obafemi awolowo with, way it not treason.

2. Did my father form OPC. And what is OPC about, is that not desire,

3. What was the agreement of the Yoruba during the nigeria civil, what they call the aburi conference. They agreement was we were to leave and form our own country.

And you say we have no desire.

Omola post your picture , name and address. I know those OPC boys are online, they want visit you in your house and show you the official agreement. it is black and white. please post your picture, name and addre
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Becomrrich: 7:24pm On Mar 29, 2009
no state in the US can break away or declare themself a country.

What the state in the USA are allowed to break away from the USA. And it has even happen before. The philippine was part of the USA. That may shock you. And they are no more part of the USA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_the_Philippines

And do your search a federation is define as union comprising of a number self-governing sovereign states . That is what a federation is define as.

The word sovereign or indepedant from wiki

Sovereignty is the right to exercise, within a territory, the functions of a state, exclusive of any other state, and subject to no authority other than international law.[1] A sovereign is a supreme lawmaking authority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereignty

Look at the word subject to no authority other than international law.

And what does your consititution says. it state that nigeria is a federation and we have a federal government,

Here is the nigeria constitution. And the word federation appears 339 times in the nigeria constitution.

And to show you how a federation works. State can leave a federation or join the federation in 1959 Alaska and Hawaii join the federation of the USA.

Even if you check the forum of federation countries also based in canada. Nigeria is listed

so you can claim , you are not a federation

http://www.forumfed.org/en/federalism/by_country/index.php

And in a federation a sovereign state can join the federation or leave the federation.

It is not an issue of comparing nigeria with the USA or Britain , it is an issue of international law. It define a federation and also set the rule and we all agree in nigeria to become a federation,

So we are part of the international community and USA or britain never force us to include in the nigeria constitution that we are a federation, Did anybody force you,

Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 7:29pm On Mar 29, 2009
Omonla:

Alright, Becomerich, you really need to cut out the crap (And I say this in the most respectful way).
The first time I ever heard of this nonsense that Yorubas want to join Benin Republic was when I finally had a chance to read one of your threads, complete with diagrams,
He is clearly part of the problem we have in Nigeria. We seem to have  a generation hell bent on blame, blame, blame, complain, complain complain, BUT ask them to contribute in anyway, all you get is more blame, blame, +++++.
I have asked him in several posts, to remove Nigeria as the country and  tell us what he has done or contributed to his community, but all has accomplished so far is deviate from the topic and obfuscate the obvious.
AGAIN I Will ASK you "Becomerice", WHAT HAVE YOU CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR COMMUNITY? Whereever it is? (notice I am yelling !)
revmallam
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Pataki: 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2009
Becomrrich:

pataki, you cant even speak english.
Blistering barnacles! shocked

Let me school you in how to type appropriately next time, before you tell me my grammar is apologetic. For the benefit of correction, and not trying to be pedantic, which is correct between what you typed above and this:

Pataki, you can't even type in good English.

If you think any reasonable son and daughter of Yoruba land is dancing to your asinine idea of Yoruba-Benin migration and amalgamation, you are an outstanding disgrace to your father's name.

Please stick to the topic: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life?

And stop this moronic tell tales of Yoruba - Benin forces out of Nigeria.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Becomrrich: 7:45pm On Mar 29, 2009
why are you asking the foolish question again. people want to leave a country, you are asking them what they have done for nigeria.

Cant you get it, that they do not want to be part of nigeria. and they hell do care to do anything with nigeria or in future want to do for nigeria.

they hell want out, before you piss me off. I have told you i would reply you. if you can tell me what yar adua have done for nigeria. and you have not listed any. and you expect common nigerian to do something for nigeria, when you cant even find anything they have done for nigeria.

Even when nigeria pay their salary, does nigeria pay my salary.

Nigeria pay for the house they live in. does nigeria pay for my house.

nigeria pay for thier electricity , hell no , nigeria does not pay for my electricity.

they get free flight from nigeria, do i get free air ticket. no nation should expect anything from its citizen, if they do not make contribution to the life of thier citizen. i dont own no country a living.

nigeria pays for thier hospital bill, driver, water, everything they do. do i get that from nigeria.

And you can not find anything this people have done for nigeria, even after nigeria have done and is till doing this things for them.

list what yar adua have done for nigeria. like i have told you , i have made more contribution to nigeria than yar adua. i have made more than any member of his cabinet. I would list my if you can find anything to list for this people.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Omonla(f): 7:48pm On Mar 29, 2009
Omonla:

Alright, Becomerich, you really need to cut out the crap (And I say this in the most respectful way).
The first time I ever heard of this nonsense that Yorubas want to join Benin Republic was when I finally had a chance to read one of your threads, complete with diagrams.

Stop the attention seeking, I speak as a Yoruba, and I can assure you, there is no present, future or realistic desire for us to leave Nigeria. If there is any Yoruba who shares your views (and I seriously doubt it), you are all clearly in the minority. You speak of the Phillipines being once part of the U.S. on an earlier post you made on this thread. Yes, the Phillipines was once annexed by the U.S. and they broke away. But have you noticed how many hundreds of thousands of Filipinos are literally begging to get into the U.S. and become Americans today? The country they 'shunned' in the past is now their dream land.

Becomerich, if you read my post above, you would have noticed that I wrote that Yorubas have no "present, future or realistic desire to leave." Did you notice that I did not include 'past'? The goal today is to consider the possibility of salvaging what is left of Nigeria, not create unnecessary problems. Your topics about joining Benin Republic lacks a certain element that makes it - How shall I say - Impractical.

Becomrrich:

Omola i do not think you are yoruba. i think you are igbo. but you claim we have no desire to leave and have never had. where are you from the moon,

1. What did they charge chief obafemi awolowo with,   way it not treason.

2. Did my father form OPC.  And what is OPC about,   is that not desire,

3. What was the agreement of the Yoruba during the nigeria civil, what they call the aburi conference. They agreement was we were to leave and form our own country.

And you say we have no desire.

Omola post your picture , name and address. I know those OPC boys are online, they want visit you in your house and show you the official agreement. it is black and white.  please post your picture, name and addre

No.

I am not Igbo. I will neither post my picture, name nor address (Are you kidding me?)

Ile oba t'o jo, ewa lo busi
(When a king's palace burns down, the rebuilt palace is more beautiful)

Nigeria has its current problems, but it can be rebuilt. Speaking of which, may I respectfully ask if Benin Republic has indicated that they want you?

By the way, stop usurping Revmallam's thread and lets stay on topic, shall we?
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Becomrrich: 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2009
look if a nation or country look for ways to destroy me, what love do you expect from me. Do you expect me or others to pay tax or love a nation that maltreat me. and believe i am a second citizen. do you expect me to love a nation that denial me or my child citizen right. And have lead to killing of children indirectly. what do you do to rewrite the pain and years lost. what do you expect people to start from.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Becomrrich: 7:58pm On Mar 29, 2009
Omola why did not post your name, address and picture for OPC, since you did not talk about past. So OPC is past. Now if OPC is past can you include your family address for those OPC boys to see, so that they can present their case to your family in nigeria, that yoruba case is present and not past.
please them online with information. since it is past. past cant hurt you abi.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Pataki: 8:04pm On Mar 29, 2009
Becomrrich:

Omola why did not post your name, address and picture for OPC, since you did not talk about past. So OPC is past. Now if OPC is past can you include your family address for those OPC boys to see, so that they can present their case to your family in nigeria, that yoruba case is present and not past.
please them online with information. since it is past. past cant hurt you abi.
Becomrrich, can't someone inject lethal gas into you, so that you can end your misery of a life? English typing is beyond you. Articulate reasoning is not your logo. Why, why, why are you disgracing yourself here and there? undecided

See Mister, stick to the topic or better still, go and play with your crayons and Yoruba-Benin map!

From the way you type, it is obvious you are not a true Yoruba man at all! Stop disgracing the true Yoruba people.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2009
Becomrrich:

look if a nation or country look for ways to destroy me, what love do you expect from me. Do you expect me or others to pay tax or love a nation that maltreat me. and believe i am a second citizen. do you expect me to love a nation that denial me or my child citizen right. And have lead to killing of children indirectly. what do you do to rewrite the pain and years lost. what do you expect people to start from.
OK, let's assume that you currently live in "Shangri-la" or "Hell" for the sake of assumptions. Now, will you be kind enough to tell us what you have contributed to Shangri-la or how you have contributed to making "Hell" a cooler place? "Hell" may not be all that bad, if it can be changed. So assume Nigeria does not exist, what have you contributed to humanity ?
revmallam
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Becomrrich: 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2009
omonla

i assume you are hausa,
if you claim the yoruba desire is past. I said we all know what those OPC boys can do. you are a coward. why not post your address, name and others, so that OPC boys in nigeria can reach.

we have a problem and we are trying to solve the problem and get the yorubas out of a future war and you come  making noise. there is no future for nigeria, if we do not solve the issue and the solution is clare for anyone with brain. get the yoruba out and it change the configuration of nigeria political structure.

the tiv man already a minority in nigeria, removing the yorubas from nigeria would not change its status. or what change in the igboman. nothing. it only gives the igbo a better chance to become president. yoruba out of the way. the igbo have only the hausa to share power with.

wisdom my boy,

revmallam, i pay my taxes. i co started a program that feeds the homeless in my city, look i have to go, my list goes on, even the first redeemed church in the city mississauga , myself and others started it , but that one get its story. i help conduct election into parliament. manything etc, like i said i have to go.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by chamotex(m): 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2009
I was born there so i guess I added to the population growth. cheesy grin cheesy
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Omonla(f): 9:03pm On Mar 29, 2009
Becomrrich:

omonla

i assume you are hausa,
if you claim the yoruba desire is past. I said we all know what those OPC boys can do. you are a coward. why not post your address, name and others, so that OPC boys in nigeria can reach.

we have a problem and we are trying to solve the problem and get the yorubas out of a future war and you come  making noise. there is no future for nigeria, if we do not solve the issue and the solution is clare for anyone with brain. get the yoruba out and it change the configuration of nigeria political structure.

the tiv man already a minority in nigeria, removing the yorubas from nigeria would not change its status. or what change in the igboman. nothing. it only gives the igbo a better chance to become president. yoruba out of the way. the igbo have only the hausa to share power with.

Becomerich,
This has got to be the most entertaining hour I have had in a long time.  grin

So, at first, you make me out to be Igbo. Next, you decide that I am Hausa. And this is because I am telling you the truth that a Yoruba like me thinks you are making no sense? Have you noticed that non-Yorubas on all the threads you have started, believe that you may have a mental impediment as well? I do not say this to insult you. It is the image you have projected of yourself. (Yorubas want to join Benin Republic. Ha, Ha, HA!)

Okay, I will humor you this time, since I believe you are just misdirected, and need authentic Yorubas to show you the way.

1) You want me to provide you with my name, address and family's location for "Oduua People's Congress" boys (whoever they may be). Is this the best of a threat that you can give me? I am shaking in my girly Yoruba boots! OPC boys are going to visit my family in my Yoruba village so that my family will believe that Becomerich wants to join the Benin Republic. OPC was formed after Abiola's death. They were in favor of nationalism. Of course, thugs have joined them now, and I would probably be close to the mark if I assume that you are one of those thugs. As a result, your propaganda to join Benin Republic is self inflicted, and no honest-to-goodness Yoruba would agree to the "bufoonic" idea of seceding from Nigeria.

Considering the fact that your rants, and illogical propaganda makes you non-credible on Nairaland, who would want to associate with your OPC boys when the image you give of yourself, is of someone that should not be taken seriously?

2) You call me a coward: Why don't you set an example for me, and post your name, address and family details on here so that everyone can see the face behind the Benin Republic secession madness? Once you do that, then your status as a non-credible ranter-without-a-face will graduate to that of a non-credible-ranter-with-a-face. That way, I will not call you a coward without a backbone as well. 

Now, because I find this argument with you non-stimulating, this is my last response to you, unless you have something tangible to add to 'what you have done for Nigeria' - Just like Revmallam has been asking you.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Jakumo(m): 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2009
Omonla toucheth not our anointed Becomerich. lest he lose his cool and deluge this thread with thousands of badwidth-hogging satellite pictures, thereby causing Oga Seun to ban him, which will in turn cause him to rise once more from the dead with yet another name.

On second thoughts though, pushing him over the edge might just be the best course of action YOU could do for Nairaland and Nigeria as a whole. Praise the Lord !
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Omonla(f): 9:33pm On Mar 29, 2009
Jakumo:

Omonla toucheth not our anointed Becomerich. lest he lose his cool and deluge this thread with thousands of badwidth-hogging satellite pictures, thereby causing Oga Seun to ban him, which will in turn cause him to rise once more from the dead with yet another name.

On second thoughts though, pushing him over the edge might just be the best course of action YOU could do for Nairaland and Nigeria as a whole.  Praise the Lord !

LOL  grin
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Pataki: 9:44pm On Mar 29, 2009
Jakumo:

On second thoughts though, pushing him over the edge might just be the best course of action YOU could do for Nairaland and Nigeria as a whole. Praise the Lord !
Laughter is truly a medicine. grin grin grin Jakumo, why do you desire to burst my ''jocular cavity'' which is still so tender and young?
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Becomrrich: 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2009
omola, you are not yoruba. The yorubas have a proverb.  the proverb says only a bastard use his left hand to point to his father house.  my name and Identification is well know and even to the people in the presidency. when the president came to the USA, i was there. So i am not scares.

I am a proud yorubaman. I would never deniel my Identification as a yorubaman. I am not a bastard. I was born a yorubaman and would die a yorubaman.

like i said  the yoruba proverb says only a bastard use his left hand to point to his father house.  Only a bastard child of the yorrubas would oppose the success of the yoruba people.  I am one like you. i want the best for my people and I know we are far far better off in benin republic than nigeria.

And like the majority of Yorubas, we want to leave nigeria. I know there may be some , one lady wrote me, what about them who went to marry hausa. like i reply her. She made her decision and she should live by it. Many nigerian are married to foreign. what makes your different from them. And i told this lady, when the hausa man is blessing you in the middle of the night , do you invisit the rest of us over to your bed.

And I know that is want is wrong with omola. but do you because of 1 person or few people allow the killing of millions in the future. The word of God says a foolish man see trouble and hide from it. but a foolish man head toward it.

We see trouble, congo and other countries were not smart, they saw trouble and they head towards it. and like in rwanda, over 1 million people were killed.

Now which one would you prefer a lady who lives in the north with her husband. not even in yorubaland trying to save nigeria. Do you prefer 1 person , who would still be alife to the genocide of 15 millions people.  One woman who everynight Mr hausa up in the north everynight is blessing her or to save the lifes of 15 million people.  All of this because this hausaman was blessing this woman all night,she would rather prefer 15 million people killed or homeless.

We decide to save the lifes of 15 million people.

Omola i got another email of a fellow who claim he works for the government , i mean political appointment somewhere in abuja. I reply him quickly that because he want to save one less than 4 years appointment in abuja or where ever, 15 million people should die.

It shows selfiness on this people part and your omola. Or because of your own person situation that you put yourself out of your own decision, you would rather prefer 15 million people to die in future. It shows your and man selfish nature. Have your ask yourself which member of your family would be among the 15 million people. may be it may be you or your only brother, your father or sister.

Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 10:05pm On Mar 29, 2009
My dear friends, please IGNORE this individual "becomerich". After reviewing his other posts in several threads, I have built a profile that tells me HE IS NOT what he claims to be.
Can we PLEASE continue with the subject at hand? No point in elevating mediocrity or intellectual frauds.
revmallam
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by asha80(m): 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2009
@Becomerich

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by MandingoII(m): 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2009
What have I done for my country?

NOT A MOTHA - FUGGIN THING!!!!

They take 39% of my taxes to provide me with clean water, an electricity grid, roads, schools, police, fire, plumbing, hospitals, etc.

yet the super-rich gets all kinds of tax breaks.

Your countrys money is in its HUMAN CAPITAL.  Get them to work then they can take their taxes and grow your government.

But instead of DEVELOPING business, your country is in the hands of a few IDIOTS in cohoots with the IMF, WorldBank and allowing Pertoleum companies to run your country.

There is NOTHING to be done for your country UNTIL your government cut off the Multinational corporations.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by tpia: 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2009
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 10:47pm On Mar 29, 2009
MandingoII:

What have I done for my country?

NOT A MOTHA - FUGGIN THING!!!!

They take 39% of my taxes to provide me with clean water, an electricity grid, roads, schools, police, fire, plumbing, hospitals, etc.

yet the super-rich gets all kinds of tax breaks.

Your countrys money is in its HUMAN CAPITAL. Get them to work then they can take their taxes and grow your government.

But instead of DEVELOPING business, your country is in the hands of a few IDIOTS in cohoots with the IMF, WorldBank and allowing Pertoleum companies to run your country.

There is NOTHING to be done for your country UNTIL your government cut off the Multinational corporations.

I suppose you live in the US. If that is the case, then, they actually take your money and make Water, electricity, good roads etc, available so YOU CAN THEN PAY to use them. Infact, electricity, water, etc are owned and ran by mostly private entities in the US. So contrary to the lies being perpetuated by the likes of "becomerich" and CNN and BBC propaganda beamed to the developing world, there's no free ride in the USA. Yes, the items he mentioned are there for you to use AT A COST !!
Yes, I agree with you about internatonal Mob Fund (imf) and Oil companies in association with some visionless individuals being in charge and that's why I say we MUST change.
Only when people can fend for themselves can they challenge the status quo !!
revmallam
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by MandingoII(m): 10:48pm On Mar 29, 2009
39% taxes? Interesting. I thought it was 24%.

Are you trying to tell us you're a high income earner so Nigerians can overlook your babyish rants? Or are you trying to snag a girl? Huh

I don't have to snag you.  I already done that.  

I don't think you pay taxes because I've never heard of a 24% tax rate.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Becomrrich: 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2009
And omola, mr I want to remain in Nigeria, mr naija ,

please multiple choice question

1. pick which of your family members you would prefer them to rape first in a war time

a Your mother
b Your wife
c Your sister
d Your daughter

2. pick which member of your family do you want them kill first in war time.

a You
b Your father
c your child
d your mother

3. Pick which member of your family who prefer them to cut off thier legs in war time

a You
b Your father
c your child
d your mother

Let see your reply.

[img]http://img2.scoop.co.nz/stories/images/0808/2d2c1d22400b1a1d5ebe.jpeg[/img]
[img]http://yeahboss.files./2008/12/africa_war_04.jpg[/img]

Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 10:56pm On Mar 29, 2009
tpia:

39% taxes? Interesting. I thought it was 24%.

Are you trying to tell us you're a high income earner so Nigerians can overlook your babyish rants? Or are you trying to snag a girl?
Actually, the top tax rate is currently 35%  HOWEVER, under Obama plan, it will go up to 39.6 % by 2010 which was the rate under Bill Clinton.
Infact combined, Americans pay an average of 45% of their income  in taxes. This includes, real estate and purchase taxes and various other taxes imposed by various municipalities. Take a look at what has been added to your phone bill, water bill, gas bill, trash bill. I have one in my water bill called "Homeland security surcharge".
But as he correctly pointed out, if you become super rich, you avoid taxes via various shelters.
revmallam
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by tpia: 11:17pm On Mar 29, 2009
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Becomrrich: 11:30pm On Mar 29, 2009
For those living in the USA, for president Obama, for Stephen harper and britain and the rest of the world , this is for you. Please heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp the yoruba we want out.

Newsflash on CNN

Gas prices have gone off the roof. A barrel of oil now sell for $200. At $200 per barrel may be $5 per litre at the pump.

Our CNN reporter was out on the street to see the result of the oil prices based on war in nigeria .
from florida I have kelly smith on the other line ,

Kelly: you know what wolf, people are feeling the increase in the oil price. I just fill up my car for $1000 and i only make $2600. And my rent went up to $1650 based on the oil price.

I am broke wolf, wolf broke as a dead horses wolf , this war in nigeria is hitting my pocket.

Wolf: let find out from sam on wallsteet the effect of the war in nigeria. sam can your hear me.

Sam: wolf i hear you. The banks are down. lending rate have gone off the roof, it is now 39%, wolf mortage rate just went up to 28% , can you believe that.
wolf , companies are going down and i hear that china is making it big now, since they are the major supply of arm to the war. China is doing well wolf. it is hard on the USA , canada and europe economy, it is estimated that Globally 45 million people have lost thier job.

wolf the economy is going down.

Wolf: stay turn to your set CNN would be back from nigeria war zone.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Pataki: 11:37pm On Mar 29, 2009
This poster 'becomerich' is a demented human being. Unredeemable and beyond hope.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Pataki: 11:44pm On Mar 29, 2009
I wonder why he has to interject pictures that have no relevance to the subject of discourse on this thread, which are not pictures of Nigeria. Aged, but a stupid individual I say.

@ becomerich,

Post the picture of your own children and yourself. Let us see, whether you are not a coward on this forum. If you want to lead Yorubas, give us your whole identity. Your contact address and post your pictures here. I would even join you in your demented fight for the Yoruba race.
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by Becomrrich: 12:13am On Mar 30, 2009
my picture , Dont worry you would see me on television, when we join the republic of benin. top secret.
or
416 904 5008 nigeriamail@hotmail.com
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by PapaBrowne(m): 2:44am On Mar 30, 2009
Interesting thread!
It is funny how most of us, myself inclusive have contributed nothing to Nigeria and we are always complaining!
I have pondered the question and realised I have made little or no direct contribution to Nigeria,except maybe you would call personal businesses a contribution since it adds to our GDP!
On the contrary, despite the failures of our leaders, Nigeria gave majority of us an education,some infrastructure and of course our very honourable green passport! Now thats something!So somehow, we owe our country!

On a realistic note, I'm guilty as charged but I'm pregnant with ideas on how to contribute to Nigeria and I plan on starting an Economic Development Center, a Community Agricultural Project and yes! I dream of walking into one decrepit government school, renovate it to international stantards and see what impact it would have on the kids!

@Revmallam
Always on point! Your ideologies always resonate an understanding that is above that of the average Nairalander/Nigerian!

@Becomerich
I would really like to understand your motivation! You come up with amazing things from another planet and you fit them into any thread!
You might want to take some fresh air on this one!
Re: What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? by RevMallam: 4:06am On Mar 30, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Interesting thread!
On a realistic note, I'm guilty as charged but I'm pregnant with ideas on how to contribute to Nigeria and I plan on starting an Economic Development Center, a Community Agricultural Project and yes! I dream of walking into one decrepit government school, renovate it to international stantards and see what impact it would have on the kids!
I am very happy, this thread has pricked the conscience of most of us. My dear friend, in my profession, we say that any problem can be solved if it is properly defined. The problem we have in Nigeria and most of Africa is that we have not properly defined our problems, rather, we have allowed foreigners to define us and allocate what problems they deem fit to assign to us. Interesting, you mentioned some of the things Nigeria has given to all of us, BUT I will address this in a future thread.
But now that you have identified the oversight on your part, here is my advice, start small, pick a venture, be it any of those that you mentioned, but, get started and watch your personal satisfaction of seeing your handiwork change a life. There will be pitfalls, but DO NOT be discouraged.
We should all be on a mission to take back our country but we can only do it if we get started and the time is NOW !! Good luck and go change your community one person at a time.
revmallam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire At Abonima Jetty & Atali Eneka Road In Port Harcourt / Insecurity: Imo Government Debunks US Report / My Uncle Was Poisoned’: Family Source Of Audu Abubakar Reveals DETAILS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.