Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,707 members, 7,882,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 02:29 AM

My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. (1667 Views)

My Thoughts On Lilian Esoro And Toke Makinwa / Straight From The Heart.. Let's Hear Your Thoughts On This. / My Thoughts:nairaland Guys Are Sadists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by Cutehector(m): 8:28am On Aug 24, 2015
It's as if social media is the modern day version of courtship. People put their best selves up on display for the whole world to see. We even get anxious if something that wouldn't seem publicly appealing was to be posted against your initial request. It makes men lazy and it makes women lazy when it comes to finding a decent spouse these days. We all stop trying. We begin to appreciate the people that we see on a daily basis less and rather admire some intangible being that probably isn't nearly as identical to his/her social media profile like we think they are. We become discouraged, but also find new and more obnoxious ways to compete for the attention of 95% of followers that aren't nearly as close to who they are vs their social media accounts. It's almost as if we've become less personable and more whimsical believing all of our fantasies of the perfect soulmate can be real. We have a new level of approval based off material wants and needs dedicated to the taste of others... People that shouldn't matter more than even the mailman that youve come in contact with over the course of 6years or so. Anyways, that's why
I feel like it's a lot harder to date in the year 2015 vs 1915 cause we project our thoughts and ideas a lot more to grasp the attention of the majority due to the concept of the media. We always feel like we need to be on trend with the things other people are doing. But the grass isn't always greener elsewhere..sometimes you could be stepping on the greenest part. Idk it's just weird.

What do u think?

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by agarawu23(m): 8:29am On Aug 24, 2015
There is nothing bad in online date
it's working for some people
and it's a disaster for some.
It depends on the person you are dealing with
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by heayey(m): 8:32am On Aug 24, 2015
Truetalk...
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by misspicy(f): 8:33am On Aug 24, 2015
Its cool if its just a fling
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by afolwalex20(m): 8:34am On Aug 24, 2015
What do I think

online dating is great but I love d ones I c everyday more wink

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by falconey(m): 8:35am On Aug 24, 2015
online or no online......relationship is complicated, I've had lots of date, just one online which lasted for 5month, we broke up 3weeks after we met.

I see no difference Between the two, there will be drama,dissapointment,heartbreak, extortion, love, romance etc none is perfect.
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by Omotayor123(f): 8:36am On Aug 24, 2015
Why social media relationship What happened to the dudes And babes around you? The ones you see with your Korokoro eyes

Save yourself from Unnecessary Heart break!
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by HDee(m): 8:38am On Aug 24, 2015
Its something actually, we know there are risks in online dating, but we can't because of that say its not good, in fact, people find their life partner through it. It has merits and demerits, we can't totally condemn it.
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by agarawu23(m): 8:40am On Aug 24, 2015
Omotayor123:
Why social media relationship What happened to the dudes And babes around you? The ones you see with your Korokoro eyes

even the ones you see with your korokoro eyes will still break your heart so what's the difference?

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by afolwalex20(m): 8:45am On Aug 24, 2015
Omotayor123:

Are u trynna show us dat u r single & available @ profile pics undecided
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by HDee(m): 8:49am On Aug 24, 2015
Sexologist:

havent u noticed? the ones suffering these things have no life outside social media..... most ladies on IG and even here are kinda inferior in the real world.. or how I wan talk am... and same with some Guys too.......

Social media is their new Planet earth!
And also, we have those that can operate in the two worlds excellently, bro, it has two sides. We can't just conclude.
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 24, 2015
whatever floats ur boat, u ride on dat wave.
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by agarawu23(m): 8:56am On Aug 24, 2015
Sexologist:

my guy u bahd..... lolz
that's the fact bro wink
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by jmoore(m): 9:10am On Aug 24, 2015
Folks online and offline are same human-beings.

You can be deceived by the girl next door, same as online.

Social media has come to stay, and more folks will be getting married with the aid of social media connection.

We do business online, study online etc. Relationship can't be an exception.

I don't get this statement "What about girls near you". Must one date/marry the girl next door, huh?

I can remember vividly how a girl refused to give a cashier her phone number in the bank. Enough 'shakara' dey offline. Not all guys can cope with such.

Go with what suits you. Offline or online, just make sure you shine your eyes very very well.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by datyrone(m): 9:12am On Aug 24, 2015
social media profiles are most times filled with illusions..
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by 2dice(m): 9:39am On Aug 24, 2015
misspicy:
Its cool if its just a fling
abeggi where is diss Bar-Man
Give her 50 Packs Condom...
Bills on the Op grin
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by 2dice(m): 9:43am On Aug 24, 2015
Online... Offline
different Shii Same Suckaway
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by Omotayor123(f): 11:17am On Aug 24, 2015
agarawu23:
even the ones you see with your korokoro eyes will still break your heart so what's the difference?
It's different

At least there won't be physical appearance scam plus you get to see, watch, feel and touch. No shady business..

The heartbreak will depend on your personality or differences in opinions or views.
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by Omotayor123(f): 11:18am On Aug 24, 2015
afolwalex20:
Are u trynna show us dat u r single & available @ profile pics undecided
Chai... You like Amebo ooogrin
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 24, 2015
angry online dating is something else these days but still working out find for some peeps sha.But na shits to me!just to catch fun,dat's all.
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by afolwalex20(m): 11:36am On Aug 24, 2015
Omotayor123:

Chai... You like Amebo ooogrin
undecided
I wasn't ameboing?? grin
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
U right OP

Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by Cutehector(m): 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
Omotayor123:

omotayo, I neva said I was in any form of online rship, try to read d passage and understand.. I was only airing my opinions concernin social media relationships and hw ppo behave towards it.... Hian.. Una sef
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by Cutehector(m): 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
2dice:
abeggi where is diss Bar-Man
Give her 50 Packs Condom...
Bills on the Op grin
rapid banging cheesy
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by Omotayor123(f): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
Cutehector:
omotayo, I neva said I was in any form of online rship, try to read d passage and understand.. I was only airing my opinions concernin social media relationships and hw ppo behave towards it.... Hian.. Una sef
I understand your write up perfectly... I'm just saying though, that why go into it for those who do!
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by Cutehector(m): 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2015
Omotayor123:

I understand your write up perfectly... I'm just saying though, that why go into it for those who do!
lol.. Alryt.. I laffed wen I saw ur profile pic cheesy
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
Problem is most young people see online relationship as a joke and just a medium for fun and quick wins. That's diabolical and myopic but It's the way it is. If It's seen from a serious and honest perspective then I don't think the debacle that greets it today will still be a problem.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by BANGERLEE1(m): 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2015
See as for me o.. Online dating has its own bad and good side ... But if u guys think of it online dating is equal to blind dating not now that those girls will filte*r and p-imp thr pics and u will ridicule the ones u see physically... And later be disappointed with ur e-girlfriend...I think I prefer the ones I see.. because u get to know them without hiding behind any account* u see their capabilities..
Re: My Thoughts On Social Media Relationships. by Omotayor123(f): 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2015
Cutehector:
lol.. Alryt.. I laffed wen I saw ur profile pic cheesy
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Help! How Do I Stop Flirting? / Original Dr Zoh Botcho Cream Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.