Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:12 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1566) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4539764 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) ... (3706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 5:21pm On Sep 03, 2020
vickzie:
is the 60m inclusive of land cost or just construction only?
Construction & Land estimated@₦15m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:53pm On Sep 03, 2020
Fhemmmy:

But i am sure the property section never went anywhere under the watch of Hajj Muftau

We thank God o. We have been holding the fort.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Leezah(f): 6:10pm On Sep 03, 2020
21Bandit:
Good day fam.
I'm considering getting a land
My budget is 700-800k
Can I get a good land
Illah and Isele Asagba is your best bet. Ugbolu is a no go area.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fhemmmy: 6:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
mufutau55:

We thank God o. We have been holding the fort.

Hajji M.

I am so impressed with what you have done sir . . .Now can you get one of your numerous boyz to let us know the cost of the interlocking per sq meter or foot in Nigeria including all materials and labour?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2020
BrabusNG:
And this is helical elliptical staircase.

Good! The exact type I have. Suspended helical elliptical.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 21Bandit: 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2020
Leezah:
Illah and Isele Asagba is your best bet. Ugbolu is a no go area.

Thanks I would prefer ughelli
Can you be of help
I intend buying before the month end
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
21Bandit:
Good day fam. I'm considering getting a land My budget is 700-800k Can I get a good land Location: Delta state
Sure. Contact her, she will be of help. 08065278156
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:54pm On Sep 03, 2020
Fhemmmy:

I am so impressed with what you have done sir . . .Now can you get one of your numerous boyz to let us know the cost of the interlocking per sq meter or foot in Nigeria including all materials and labour?

It has been aabout two years since I did mine last.
It contracted to Aventures... even though we have other expenses that arise, I will see if he can give us the accurate cost per sqm.
The stages I did mine was:
1. Bricklayers clears and manually levelled the yard and laid all the kerbs for landscaping.
2. We hired moulder to mould the interlocking bricks to our expectation and colors.
3. We hired the layers to lay and set the interlocking bricks.
4. We bought all the materials of laterite sand for levelling, stone dust for moulding the bricks and also to pour on top of the latterite, then plastic to lay on top. Some bags of cements. The stonedust mix with low cement ration was mix and poured on top of the interlocking when finished. I remembered doing about 420sqm in total. I will check total cost and update later.
The cost will be much more now due to rising cost of materials. Thanks.

As per my record. Total money spent was N1,585,000 for 420sqm which is around N3,774 per sqm.

Hajji M.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amalab30(m): 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
Boss! I'm also quietly looking forward to this. I like the comprehensive outline. Cheers!

mufutau55:

It contracted to Aventures... even though we have other expenses that arise, I will see if he can give us the accurate cost per sqm.
1. Bricklayers clears and manually levelled the yard and laid all the kerbs for landscaping.
2. We hired moulder to mould the interlocking bricks to our expectation and colors.
4. We bought all the materials of laterite sand for levelling, stone dust for mould the bricks and also to pour on top of the latterite, then plastic to lay on top. Some bags of cements. The stonedust mix with low cement ration was mix and poured on top of the interlocking when finished. I remembered doing about 430sqm in total. I will check total cost and update later.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
amalab30:
Boss! I'm also quietly looking forward to this. I like the comprehensive outline. Cheers!

I can give more line by line of items and cost later when I have full time to type it out. May be if I was on ground there are some areas I could have cut some cost.
Please look at my early post with the cost included now. Thank you.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amalab30(m): 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
Okay boss. You're kind. Cheers!

mufutau55:

I can give more line by line of items and cost later when I have full time to type it out. May be if I was on ground there are some areas I could have cut some cost.
Please look at my early post with the cost included now. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 8:26pm On Sep 03, 2020
mufutau55:

4. We bought all the materials of laterite sand for levelling, stone dust for moulding the bricks and also to pour on top of the latterite, then plastic to lay on top. Some bags of cements. The stonedust mix with low cement ration was mix and poured on top of the interlocking when finished. I remembered doing about 420sqm in total. I will check total cost and update later.

As per my record. Total money spent was N1,585,000 for 420sqm which is around N3,774 per sqm.

Hajji M.
Hian, Hajj Mufuttau, this is not a kobo kobo job oo shocked, l am telling my omoniles to shift to your location this week, you must settle my boys with 50,000 dollars, the money is for from foundation to the finishing level of your home, my boys will be coming to your site tomorrow, wire the money via western union to avoid wahala from my boys cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
AngelicBeing:
Hian, Hajj Mufuttau, this is not a kobo kobo job oo shocked, l am telling my omoniles to shift to your location this week, you must settle my boys with 50,000 dollars, the money is for from foundation to the finishing level of your home, my boys will be coming to your site tomorrow, wire the money via western union to avoid wahala from my boys cheesy

Oga mi sir. Still nah kobo-kobo project o.
If you know how much I paid OmoOnile from foundation to finish, you go pity me. Some "Baba Keh" still dey come to collect gift with prayers o. May God help us.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 21Bandit: 8:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
uncleteeh:

Sure. Contact her, she will be of help.

Thanks boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
Good evening boss.

You need to provide more specific information on the roofing in order to get help.

1) What type of roof covering do you want to use?
2) Do you also need costing of the roof carcass (wood work)?
3) Do you have the roof plan or section of the drawing?

Question 1 and 2 is surely important. However a reasonable assumption can be made for question 3.

Kimiwa:
Good morning to all the professionals in the house. Please can someone kindly give me an estimate for shed roof for a two bedroom bungalow? I'll post a picture of the type of roof and my floor plan.
Please help me. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chimexdnice1(m): 8:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
oga we are waiting for your tutorials ooo

quote author=saydfact post=93518538]EVERYONE WHO QUOTED ME ON MY COMMENT ABOUT ANY OF ARCHI, QS, BUILDER OR STRUCTURAL ENGR. LEADING A CONSTRUCTION TEAM.....

I saw your post oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh

1. There is a difference between leading a TEAM and doing another professional's work.

This is how it works;

you have Architects, Q.S, Builders and Structural Engr on a site job - THEN YOU HAVE A PROJECT MANAGER...

ANYBODY IN THE BUILDING TEAM CAN BE THAT PROJECT MANAGER..... if you still don't understand my statement; SORRY - I CAN'T HELP YOU.

I'm busy preparing my next tutorials on decking...... njoy all. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
3strikes:

@Egunmogaji, I see you are doing big things. Did you relocate back to Naija or still shuttling?

Dont be a stranger buddy.

good to see you back sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:09pm On Sep 03, 2020
I would like to responded to the bolder part of your comment for enlightenment purpose.

The commonest document that Quantity Surveyors are known for is Bill of Quantities.

According to The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS, LONDON) (1998), a bill of quantities is described as a document which adequately describes the [b]quality and accurately represents the quantity of work required in a construction project [/b]whether proposed or executed.

According to Building and Standard Method of Measurement (BESMM 4), produced by Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors, described Bill of Quantities " that it shall fully describe and accurately represent the quantity and quality of the works to be carried out".

From the foregoing, a quantity surveyor not only describes the quantity of work to be done but also the quality of the work. In the "description column" in a BOQ document, the quality of work to be executed is fully described. That's why a "1m3 (cubic metres) of 1:2:4, 19mm aggregate" will cost more than one with "1m3 of 1:4:8, of same aggregate.

Merci.

KolaShangOne:

Like you said, a MANAGER can be in charge and oversee a construction project.

In the case being discussed, his father is already the MANAGER of the site. The position left is the Technical Head of the site which the QS is trying to usurp.

Professionally, (correct me if I'm wrong), I don't think a QS has business with quality of materials, just quantity. Also, compliance with design is the work of the Architect. Integrity of structures is the work of the structural Engineer.

But then, the Engineer has been trained to know at least a little out of ALL the other professions and that's why I think he's more ideally suited to lead a site.

For example, When I was doing my Masters in Engineering Management, the curriculum delved into so many aspects. Construction project management; Project planning and control, Optimization techniques, Logisitics and supply, Strength of materials, combinations, Calculation of Man-hrs, etc

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mobileboy: 9:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
I'm trying to buy land, I'm meeting with the owner soon, what questions should I ask

The land has c of O, do I need a surveyor before paying or after purchasing the land

I'm a newbie to this, and I may not know the right questions to even ask on nairaland

I'll appreciate response both on what I ask and what you think I need to know

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
mobileboy:
I'm trying to buy land, I'm meeting with the owner soon, what questions should I ask

The land has c of O, do I need a surveyor before paying or after purchasing the land

I'm a newbie to this, and I may not know the right questions to even ask on nairaland

ask necessary question o and make sure the land is genuine, and also free from government acquisition..

good luck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 9:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
I know spiral sir, thanks for the pictures.
BrabusNG:
This is spiral (supported) staircase. Hidden stairs

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
Hello guys... Please I'm currently working on a 3 bedroom apartment, at the lintel stage but I was given a cost estimate of about 500k for just lintel alone, the thing shock me enter bone, please can any one help me with a reduced version let me do some comparisons please.. Thank u so much

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmyN(m): 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
21Bandit:

Preferred destination: ughelli
Can you assist me

I can make some calls. Will get back to you on that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
Good evening dear friend.

As a quantity surveyor, I have come to realise that other professionals, clients and the public have not fully grasped the concept of quantity surveying in Nigeria. Besides Bill of quantities, many other people, even learned colleagues, do not know what quantity surveyors could do more.

So, I have appointed myself as a mouthpiece of quantity surveyors in any gathering I find myself.

Many professions, vis-a-vis, civil, structural, electrical, mechanical, electronics, petroleum, architecture, building, surveying, estate management and others were all "imported" from western countries, primarily Britain, to Nigeria. Quantity Surveying is not an exemption.

Thus, quantity surveying practice dates back to the UK. In fact, the first set of quantity surveyors are British trained. As I type this comment, in Britain today, there is nothing like "Bill of Engineering Measurements (BEME) for engineering works that Nigerian engineers have devised for themselves to perpetrate corrupt practices in the engineering construction. Only Bill of Quantities is recognised as a legal form of conditions of contract to execute building, industrial and heavy engineering works such as refinery, petrochemical industries, Railway etc.

In Nigeria, engineers have hijacked this role in the costing of heavy engineering works from quantity surveyors, and given their disproportionate numbers to quantity surveyors, it was such an easy manoeuvre for them. Although, the fight and struggle is still ongoing both at the National Assembly and the courts.

In Nigeria of today, even a common man knows that most construction or engineering contracts are inflated more than an average of 40%, no thanks to corrupt politicians.

Quantity Surveying education in Nigeria is a 5-year programme that encompasses diverse and technical subjects like railway construction, bridge, piling, heavy engineering, procurement, estimating, contract administration, project management, financial management, structures and many more.

It is disheartening that engineers are using their disproportionately large members in the industry to the detriment of not only quantity surveyors but the national economy at large.

I am glad that private clients have come to see the significance of quantity surveyors' competence in management of their hard earned funds. You can't tell a satisfied client to sabotage an optimal service that solves his or her estimating needs than resigning his or her fate to the land of people that guess figures.

I rest my case.

Merci.

adanny01:

Technically, they are closely related but not the same.

Quantity surveying is mostly related to building but cost engineering relates to engineering projects such as Petroleum Refinery, cement factory, Power generation station, substation or transmission line, ship building, tunnel construction, space ship etc.

QS calls their output Bill of Quantities BOQ
Cost Engineer calls their output Bill of Engineering Measurement BEME

What they do is the same but the scope is different.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mjolnir: 9:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
Mjolnir:
am new on this thread, need some help. trying to renovate an old building in the village, add more blocks to raise the roof and change the roof, going for a flat roof design. house size is the old style village roofing style L /U shape 3 12 x 12ft rms, 14 x 12ft parlor, bathroom, toilet, kitchen about 14ft x 10ft total. this is the rough estimate from the builder. the wood appears too much to me, since its flat roof, we are going for. is the workmanship ok,? even the transport appears high again. pls mek una help me, i be jjc, hence why i gave the job to a builder, and not direct labour.location is imo state

there is option of cameroun zinc and long span roofing sheet, going for cameroun zinc to save cost

abeg, mek una chook mouth, ogas in the house

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 21Bandit: 10:01pm On Sep 03, 2020
emmyN:

I can make some calls. Will get back to you on that.
Thanks a lot boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 10:01pm On Sep 03, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmyN(m): 10:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
21Bandit:

Thanks a lot boss

Welcome. Any precise location within Ughelli?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 10:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
Good day everyone, kindly patronize Maplewood Furniture for your home furnitures. We blend local contents to meet international standard.

Please, patronize and make us grow.

Call: 08022283035
Business WhatsApp: https:///message/NWZWIVFM4MP4G1

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 10:37pm On Sep 03, 2020
mobileboy:

You can go with a lawyer or a surveyor, but if you want to go alone, ask for the c of o number or a photocopy of the c of o, with the c of o number, you use it to do search at the ministry, if you can visit the land, take the coordinates of the land with your phone, you can then use the coordinates for charting at the ministry. Do not make any financial commitment until you have done your due diligence and you are persuaded to buy the land
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kimiwa: 10:40pm On Sep 03, 2020
QSFemi:
Good evening boss.

You need to provide more specific information on the roofing in order to get help.

1) What type of roof covering do you want to use?
2) Do you also need costing of the roof carcass (wood work)?
3) Do you have the roof plan or section of the drawing?

Question 1 and 2 is surely important. However a reasonable assumption can be made for question 3.

Thanks for your response.
1. Type of roof covering is .45 or .55 longspan aluminum
2. Certainly Sir. The cost of woodwork is also needed.
3. No. I don't have a roof plan but I want a shed roof. I'll attach picture of the type I'm talking about Sir.
It's slanted to one side. Not too high.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
mobileboy:

# Ask for seller's FUL name

# Ask his/her residential address for the past three years.

# Ask the origin of the land if bought or inherited from a family.

# If bought from a family, ask for FULL details of the family.

# If bought from a third party, ask for the details of original seller, receipt and deed of original sale.

# If the seller lives in the vicinity of the land, ask if they belong to the landlord association.

# Ask for the details of the youth/community leader of the area.

Then independently possibly with your lawyer, confirm the above information. This will help you authenticate the seller's genuity and ownership of the land.

#Ask for a copy of the C of O

# Ask for a copy of the seller's survey plan. On the survey plan should be the details of the surveyor. Independently confirm this.

Give C of O and survey plan to your lawyer for verification. If the C of O is authenticated, then the work is almost done.

Only when you confirm the above and the survey plan and the surveyor, before you make payment. Any inconsistency with the documentation and name on any document must be fully addressed. Don't allow yourself to be hurried. If you are told someone else is waiting to pay, tell them to accept the payment. Don't be rushed.

Don't show fear or ignorance during negotiation. Be confident.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) ... (3706) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jalofun and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.