Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,859 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1565) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4524313 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1562) (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) ... (3702) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LastWeek1: 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
topsy23:

its a concrete base

That means is Bricklayer that will do it but can bricklayer use block with pure cement for it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:26pm On Sep 03, 2020
Building is presently facing challenges, Rent & Taxes to Building is not in correlation anymore.

60m or more get you 4units 3bedroom duplex with BQ in terrace form on a plot of land rent is 1.5m to 2m each per annum. shocked shocked shocked

Recouping will take 10yrs. But selling each is range of 30m each. Developer these days maximise profits using substandard materials that call for repairs and maintenance in short time.

Our government is really fustrating every sector, CBN is the instrument used. Devaluation of currency at will, i think the best way to be save is selling value in dolllars is best option for business to grow...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
LastWeek1:
Hello house,
Those Fabricated Toilet cubicle base, whose work is it ? is it Bricklayer or Tiler ?
kindly explain .
Thank You

Tiler wey get sense lol grin grin

or any bricklayer, then any tiler cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 1:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
LastWeek1:

That means is Bricklayer that will do it but can bricklayer use block with pure cement for it?

Yes he can together with bricklayer
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I have turned a plot of land into a materials management yard. I'm stockpiling gravel, granite and sharp sand. With the new increase in price of fuel these guys will charge more.

No matter how much we stockpile, it can't a absorb the shock in the long term. I find it very difficult to present variations on private jobs to clients because getting the money isn't easy.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2020
3strikes:

Still impressive! The only real estate is real estate. You are doing well sir.

I have pinged @Maverick and @brag3 to come back to our hangout spot but Just like the saying "10 boys can not play together for 10yrs". Ladies and gentlemen, I come in peace.

Thanks.

I moved back permanently in March 2019. I’m thankful to be back. I appreciate the folks that kept Nigeria going so I had a place to come back to and ever grateful to the USA for the opportunity.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vickzie(m): 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2020
Chekitaut:
Building is presently facing challenges, Rent & Taxes to Building is not in correlation anymore.

60m or more get you 4units 3bedroom duplex with BQ in terrace form on a plot of land rent is 1.5m to 2m each per annum. shocked shocked shocked

Recouping will take 10yrs. But selling each is range of 30m each. Developer these days maximise profits using substandard materials that call for repairs and maintenance in short time.

Our government is really fustrating every sector, CBN is the instrument used. Devaluation of currency at will, i think the best way to be save is selling value in dolllars is best option for business to grow...
is the 60m inclusive of land cost or just construction only?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
adanny01:

Construction is such a broad topic, so what you have said should be be limited to building construction.

I am sure an Architect has no leadership place in a bridge construction, power substation, road construction etc

Who is team lead in a bridge construction, a civil Engineer. Who is team lead in a power substation construction, an Electrical Engineer. Who is team lead in a petroleum refinery construction, a petroleum Engr.

Yes, construction project management is relatively new but the practice has been there. People who are qualified for this position are usually people who have proven experience in project management. Another relatively new discipline is cost engineering.

I agree with the bolded. Cost Engineering is what some countries call Quantity Surveying

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 2:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

It is absolutely a profession.
Ok. Thank you. I will read about that
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 2:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Like you said, a MANAGER can be in charge and oversee a construction project.

In the case being discussed, his father is already the MANAGER of the site. The position left is the Technical Head of the site which the QS is trying to usurp.

Professionally, (correct me if I'm wrong), I don't think a QS has business with quality of materials, just quantity. Also, compliance with design is the work of the Architect. Integrity of structures is the work of the structural Engineer.

But then, the Engineer has been trained to know at least a little out of ALL the other professions and that's why I think he's more ideally suited to lead a site.

For example, When I was doing my Masters in Engineering Management, the curriculum delved into so many aspects. Construction project management; Project planning and control, Optimization techniques, Logisitics and supply, Strength of materials, combinations, Calculation of Man-hrs, etc

I agree with some of your points. I believe the concerned person now has sufficient information to make a good decision
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by edoman2016: 2:30pm On Sep 03, 2020
spyder880:

Plastering the house.

Follow the list below, note that some of the jobs can go on concurrently with the previous or next jobs.

Is windows and burglary not supposed to come before plastering? I could be wrong.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2020
adanny01:

In Nigeria, yes the contractor must not be a professional engineer or Registered Engineer (RE in our case), but his construction must be supervised by an RE who signs an undertaking for the construction. You may never see the RE on site but he is responsible especially for QC/QA.

The government inspectors like you are hold the RE responsible for the QC/QA issues.

Secondly, every company registered with the government for construction activities must have an Engineer in the board of directors. So an Architect cannot register his own company as a construction company without having an Engr as one of the directors. I have given my credentials to some architects for this purpose.

The bolded is no longer a requirement. I just registered my own construction company Luminoux International Ltd, RC 1694769.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kimiwa: 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2020
saydfact:

I for like help but table is full - however please send a reminder tomorrow - i'll do what i can....even if its a rough estimate

WHAT IS YOUR PREFERRED HEIGHT OF ROOF? 1.2M, 1.5M, 1.8M, 2.1M, 2.4M OR 3M

Goodluck
Thanks for your response. Any height between 1.5m to 1.8m. As long as it's a shed roof like the one in the picture that I attached.
I'll definitely remind you tomorrow.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
mufutau55:

Awon "Ekun oko Brab.." Agbalagba ni mi o, make I no start someting, something again o. smiley My ppl don dey land sha... I no go dey alone again o.

But Egun, how we come your thread and no fit criticize your build now? At least we go see small, small thing to talk.

Hajji M.

Baba Agbalagba. Na request Sir, na free country we dey Sir cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
saydfact:

actually - FIXING WINDOWS AND PLASTERING SHOULD GO TOGETHER

OR

FIXING OF WINDOW SUBFRAME (as in sliding window) and PLASTERING SHOULD GO TOGETHER

Goodluck

I concur and how I do it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2020
KolaShangOne:

No matter how much we stockpile, it can't a absorb the shock in the long term. I find it very difficult to present variations on private jobs to clients because getting the money isn't easy.

You’re absolutely right. I’m really only saving in the short term to put up three structures
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2020
boay:

The bolded is no longer a requirement. I just registered my own construction company Luminoux International Ltd, RC 1694769.

If it were Luminoux International Construction Ltd, you must need an Engineer. Also, your company business as registered with CAC cannot be construction.

Most people register as general contractor.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 21Bandit: 3:35pm On Sep 03, 2020
emmyN:

Sure you can. What part of Delta State do you intend to make the purchase?

Preferred destination: ughelli
Can you assist me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2020
saydfact:

actually - FIXING WINDOWS AND PLASTERING SHOULD GO TOGETHER

OR

FIXING OF WINDOW SUBFRAME (as in sliding window) and PLASTERING SHOULD GO TOGETHER

Goodluck

Thank you Sir, please can you explain the first one some more?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 4:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
boay:

I agree with the bolded. Cost Engineering is what some countries call Quantity Surveying

Technically, they are closely related but not the same.

Quantity surveying is mostly related to building but cost engineering relates to engineering projects such as Petroleum Refinery, cement factory, Power generation station, substation or transmission line, ship building, tunnel construction, space ship etc.

QS calls their output Bill of Quantities BOQ
Cost Engineer calls their output Bill of Engineering Measurement BEME

What they do is the same but the scope is different.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
Double post... deleted.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:37pm On Sep 03, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Baba Agbalagba. Na request Sir, na free country we dey Sir cheesy

Nah to pull your legs o. smiley
We dey follow sha.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2020
3strikes:

Hahahaha...I see @BrabusNG is back on this thread...well, we have all moved on from the 2015 saga.

The question is ...Will I ever give him another project? No! And I can speak boldly for brag and Maverick as well.

But like I said, I'm here to learn and to look at fancy pictures.

Good talk my brother. Bygone is bygone now.
Make we look and learn. And since he came back he has been producing educative info. So, let's give him another chance as you have said. We may learn more stuffs..
I will be glad to see the old-timers return. Thank you.

Hajji M.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:56pm On Sep 03, 2020
LastWeek1:
Hello house,
Those Fabricated Toilet cubicle base, whose work is it ? is it Bricklayer or Tiler ?
kindly explain .
Thank You

Both. Bricklayers do the base and the Tiler tiles around it.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2020
saydfact:

Boss - some people are here to argue and proof nothing .... dem fit come beat you for that site ooohhhhh.... grin grin grin

You are "Saying the Fact".

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fhemmmy: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
I have noticed that interlocking flooring has become so popular in Nigeria and was wondering how come it is so affordable . . Can someone tell me the estimate cost per square foot or per square mater?
Mufutau55
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2020
mufutau55:

Good talk my brother. Bygone is bygone now.
Make we look and learn. And since he came back he has been producing educative info. So, let's give him another chance as you have said. We may learn stuffs..
I will be glad to see the old-timers return. Thank you.

Hajji M.

grin grin grin

Sigh!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
Fhemmmy:
I have noticed that interlocking flooring has become so popular in Nigeria and was wondering how come it is so affordable . . Can someone tell me the estimate cost per square foot or per square mater?

Jeez!!!

I was in primary two when I last read from you sir. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fhemmmy: 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
BrabusNG:

Jeez!!!

I was in primary two when I last read from you sir. grin

My Chairman at the top, i salute sir . . . Anything for the boyz?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
Fhemmmy:

My Chairman at the top, i salute sir . . . Anything for the boyz?

angry

Nairaland Property Section is back!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fhemmmy: 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
BrabusNG:

angry

Nairaland Property Section is back!

But i am sure the property section never went anywhere under the watch of Hajj Muftau

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1562) (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) ... (3702) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DFAMEGUY11S(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.