Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,134 members, 7,887,279 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:44 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4556367 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) ... (3713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 8:24am On Oct 07, 2020
Good morning here....

The Quantity Surveyor(QS) is at your service anytime
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:27am On Oct 07, 2020
QUALITY SOLAR PANELS! DISCOUNTED PRICES!!

Era mono panels :

180w .....30k
250w .....40k
280w .....45k
300w .....47k
300w "full black" .....50k
330w .......52k
350w.......57k
350w "full black" .....58k
380w ......61k
400w ......63k

JA mono Solar panel:
310w ....54k
325w ....55k
390w ....65k

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 8:43am On Oct 07, 2020
100% correct!
I am fortunate to find myself in this thread cool
n3xt:

Opening/starting a business is not enough in Nigeria, you need to learn how to protect yourself whether as a consumer or a service provider.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:57am On Oct 07, 2020
kiekie1:
QUALITY SOLAR PANELS! DISCOUNTED PRICES!!

Era mono panels :

180w .....30k
250w .....40k
280w .....45k
300w .....47k
300w "full black" .....50k
330w .......52k
350w.......57k
350w "full black" .....58k
380w ......61k
400w ......63k

JA mono Solar panel:
310w ....54k
325w ....55k
390w ....65k

Contact,
081-350-31951

Things are getting better cool

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 9:34am On Oct 07, 2020
Please who can recommend a good/best submersible pumping machine and price as well.

CC
Rotech77
n3xt
Egunmogaji

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RoofWorks(m): 10:08am On Oct 07, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:08am On Oct 07, 2020
FlappaNozzle:

Topsy thanks for this questions

1. I used a tank stanchion. With three tanks.
2. The internal work were thick grey and green thick pvc pipes all through . ( Only God knows if it's thick, I wasn't there)
Pressure pump will definitely hit hard on that pipe work.

There is duplex in front and a twin rented flat behind ..the stanchion that serves all the building is behind. So I guess the pressure isn't sufficient due to the long run to the duplex in front hence some toilets are starved. I really don't know how to solve that problem.

The same same Duplex has wet walls downstairs. I got a plumber to come check it out, the guy broke walls claimed fixed it but walls is still wet and it's spreading.
The down flat behind does not get any pressure at all
It's tank is at middle of the Stachion, there seem to be enough head, but it seems there is a blockage somewhere. The tank takes time to fill up and tank goes down fast without occupants yet in the house. Though there are workers who use water ones in a while but that's not enough to consume that much water in such a short space of time.

Just multiples issues here and there...

There must be some leakages somewhere for the water to be going down so quick.

Pls do the below exercise:
-Check your WC if there is any water dripping after the cistern tank must have full. If experience something like that it means the flushing mechanism need to be replaced.

-Check all the angle valves in all the toilet if there is leakage. If there is any one dripping water thant means you need to replace it.

-Check the compound if you notice any wet floor that means the pipes distributing water to the building has broken somewhere

For the wet wall/decking seeing on the ground floor, might not be water supply pipe. It could be floor drain in the bathroom. If the tiler did not do a good job round the floor you will experience this leakage.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:10am On Oct 07, 2020
Thenext:
Please who can recommend a good/best submersible pumping machine and price as well.

CC
Rotech77
n3xt
Egunmogaji

DAB, MY HOME, LOWARA etc
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:27am On Oct 07, 2020
Thenext:

CC
Rotech77
n3xt
Egunmogaji

Best? I can’t really tell but I use Interdab submersible pump and it’s kinda reliable. Just ensure it is Copper type.

You can get between 0.5hp and 1.5hp but I think you should be fine with 0.5hp.

InterDab Pump Price (as at the time I’m typing this reply)
0.5hp Copper Coil - #52,500
1hp Copper Coil - #63,000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:33am On Oct 07, 2020
PVC Inspection Manhole (Chamberless Design)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhl24poylho

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mybad: 10:58am On Oct 07, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 07, 2020
You bring good value here. Thumbs up Sir[quite author=n3xt post=94693865]PVC Inspection Manhole (Chamberless Design)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhl24poylho[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:44am On Oct 07, 2020
n3xt:

Stopeeeet grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 11:56am On Oct 07, 2020
Thank you sir, I appreciate.

n3xt:

Best? I can’t really tell but I use Interdab submersible pump and it’s kinda reliable. Just ensure it is Copper type.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Stopeeeet grin

It’s nothing but simply defying the odds baba.

gordonbarrett:
You bring good value here. Thumbs up Sir
Thanks bro.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2020
n3xt:

It’s nothing but simply defying the odds baba.

I’ll be using 3 this morning.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2020
Deka VRLA/GEl and Trojan VRLA/AGM BATTERIES!!!

DEKA 12v 210ah (VRLA GEL):
Voltage: 12V
20 HR rate : 183AH
Capacity at C/100: 210ah
Plate alloy: Lead Calcium
Container/Cover: Polypropylene
Operating Temp range: -60°C - 60°C
Vent: Self Sealing
Electrolyte: Sulfuric acid thixotropic Gel
Price:220k

TROJAN 12V 205ah (VRLA AGM):
Voltage: 12V
20 HR rate: 210ah .
Maximum Charge Current : 20% of C20
Operating Temp range: -20°C - 50°C
Material: polypropylene
Battery: VRLA/AGM/Non- Spillable/maintenance free
Price:200k

SmartcellNuggets: The primary means of energy generation is going to solar. It will at least be a plurality, and probably be a slight majority in the long term.  - "Elon Musk"

Contact,
081-350-31951

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I’ll be using 3 this morning.
baba please do you know how much it will cost per one. We are doing my plumbing work and I want to see if we can put it to consideration
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2020
multikolour:
baba please do you know how much it will cost per one. We are doing my plumbing work and I want to see if we can put it to consideration

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2020
n3xt:

In reference to this, what's the difference between both hps? Does a higher HP have any added advantage, since the cost is in the same range?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2020
n3xt:

Very nice implementation Sir. Can you please show the pics/vid of when everything has been installed, covered and all done. The finished version. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2020
JustCryptos:

In reference to this, what's the difference between both hps? Does a higher HP have any added advantage, since the cost is in the same range?

I hope this helps.

Pros and Cons of 0.5hp and 1hp Submersible Pump

1. Power Requirement: 0.5hp submersible pump will work even in situation where there’s low voltage. 1hp requires full current.
You can also power 0.5hp pump with a medium size generators. If you try using same generator for 1hp pump, it might burn the pump.

2. Borehole Depth: 1hp submersible pump is an overkill where the borehole depth is not more than 20m. 0.5hp will work fine in most Lagos sites. But if your depth is over 50m or even more, you’ll require a bigger pump.

3. Usage

#personalopinion #notabibeli

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2020
n3xt:

Interesting. Waiting to see the concluding part.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2020
mufutau55:

Very nice implementation Sir. Can you please show the pics/vid of when everything has been installed, covered and all done. The finished version. Thanks.

Hajji M.

Aforxzy:

Interesting. Waiting to see the concluding part.

Definitely. I’ll be able to do this tomorrow.

The project is at Megamound Estate, Ikota Lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2020
n3xt:

I hope this helps.

1. Power Requirement: 0.5hp submersible pump will work even in situation where there’s low voltage. 1hp requires full current.
You can also power 0.5hp pump with a medium size generators. If you try using same generator for 1hp pump, it might burn the pump.

2. Borehole Depth: 1hp submersible pump is an overkill where the borehole depth is not more than 20m. 0.5hp will work fine in most Lagos sites. But if your depth is over 50m or even more, you’ll require a bigger pump.

3. Usage

Thanks.
Point 1. I am very power conscious since I plan to go 100% off-grid at my new location.

Point 2. I am based in Rivers State. So, I believe the 50m should work.

Point 3. In that case, 0.5hp does it for me.

Thanks once again for the clarification.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
JustCryptos:

Thanks.
Point 1. I am very power conscious since I plan to go 100% off-grid at my new location.

Point 2. I am based in Rivers State. So, I believe the 50m should work.

Point 3. In that case, 0.5hp does it for me.

Thanks once again for the clarification.

The pump will work but you need to consider the usage.

What tank capacity are you filling?
How long will the pump work before filling the tank/s?
What distance are you pumping to?
Is it that you’ll pump for like 2 hours and allow the pump to rest for a while?

All the above will help inform your decision.

In all, get a professional to help access adequate pump for your project.

Wishing you all the best.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 5:58pm On Oct 07, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
I’m fixing to start a rough plumbing job and need to get up to speed on central water heater system.

Some questions:

1) I’m going to assume that electric is used here in Nigeria versus propane?

2) It’s going to be installed in the attic of a bungalow, any hints for this location?

3) What’s a good brand that marries efficiency with cost?

I wouldn’t mind seeing a sample install.

Thanks.

#WaterHeater

IF you are already going for central water heater, why not consider going for solar water heater, to save electricity.
comes with 200/300and 500liter tank capacity, and you are sure of hot water for 3days of poor weather/rainfall
no gas powered water heaters in naija

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 6:03pm On Oct 07, 2020
Just exactly what someone told me. You are a blessing to this forum.

n3xt:

I hope this helps.

3. Usage

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2020
n3xt:

is there anyone smaller than 0.5hp?. i have seen 1/3hp..ie 250w on aliexpress, but costs more to ship it in, the 250w has a flow head of 8gpm and 230ft head, do you know the specs of the 0.5hp by interdap?. at 8gpm, it implies it will take aprrox 1.5hrs to fill a 2000liter drum.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2020
n3xt:

Chief, I appreciate your #notabibeli disclaimer but this sentence is a head-scratcher to any Electrical Engineer, the way you conflate voltage, current, and power into one scenario, lol. In short (pun intended), whatever burns an 0.5hp pump will burn a 1hp pump.

Your second statement is more to the point.

Good day.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:03pm On Oct 07, 2020
earthrealm:

IF you are already going for central water heater, why not consider going for solar water heater, to save electricity.
comes with 200/300and 500liter tank capacity, and you are sure of hot water for 3days of poor weather/rainfall
no gas powered water heaters in naija

Way to go
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:17pm On Oct 07, 2020
jabolo:

Chief, I appreciate your #notabibeli disclaimer but this sentence is a head-scratcher to any Electrical Engineer, the way you conflate voltage, current, and power into one scenario, lol. In short (pun intended), whatever burns an 0.5hp pump will burn a 1hp pump.

Your second statement is more to the point.

Good day.

grin

I’m not sure of what will happen when one uses a smaller generator to drive a bigger pump.

However, this is all I know about electric motors. It requires more power to start than to operate once they have started.
So, in the case of a 0.5hp submersible pump, a 2.5KW generator will be adequate to power it but I doubt the same generator will be adequate for 1 HP submersible pump even though it runs at 1 KW when it’s working.

I believe a 1hp pump would run better on 4 - 5KW generator than a 2.5KW generator.

#notabibeli

~ Talk to Professionals

(1) (2) (3) ... (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) ... (3713) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: n9jaboy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.