Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:38 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4524891 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1828) (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) ... (3702) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:25am On Dec 12, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
I dare say that with the high inflation in the building materials' market this year, the war between landlords and tenants will enter a new phase. Can someone who builds with cement at N4000/bag hear " a beg" from a tenant?

@ n3xt: How much is the plasterboard?

E be like say na DIY go begin reign.
\

My supplier said it’s now #8,500 but here’s what I could get from the online market.

Even at 9,000 per 3.6sqm board, 3 board (N27,000) will cover a 12 x 12 room (plain design) which makes it more cheaper than traditional POP casting done at 4,000/sqm (we don’t know the new rate now).

Three months ago, the board was sold 5,500 - 7,500

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:32am On Dec 12, 2020
n3xt:

My supplier said it’s now #8,500 but here’s what I could get from the online market.

Even at 9,000 per 3.6sqm board, 3 board (N27,000) will cover a 12 x 12 room (plain design) which makes it more cheaper than traditional POP casting done at 4,000/sqm (we don’t know the new rate now).

There are far more expensive boards but I’m a GETMO (Good • Enough • To • Move • On) guy! I don’t do norms and traditions.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:53am On Dec 12, 2020
n3xt:

Anyone in need of this product can try this local manufactural in Nigeria. An indigenous plaster of Paris Delfak Nigeria limited is now open in Gombe-Potiskum road, Bajoga, North East Nigeria by NCCE Mining, a Chinese mining company. We are looking for dependent and independence distributors to market Naica Gip to end users or moulders.

Naica Gip benefits

1. From Natural Gypsum Ore
2. Super strong. The finished product will give u sound of metal.
3. It uses less sponge to strengthen it.
4. It can produce more products with one bag than other POP
5. No odour, No pollutant
6. Once applied with paint, the colour of the paint will stay same for ever. The colour of the paint will not change or fade.
7. Nigeria local manufacturer make it and shall be available aways.
8. We can customise the products and can produce according the different requirement for the products.
9. If dissatisfied with the products, you can always return and get refunded.
Contact Tolani Marketing manager on 081324570ninety-six
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like) (Share)

https://www.nairaland.com/5481580/naica-pop-made-nigeria-pop#83280972

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 3:59am On Dec 12, 2020
BuildingProject:
Someone should please help me with the cost of filling truck in Lagos /ogún state axis.

Perhaps, it depends on exact area. I am being quoted 20k-22k for 10 tons laterite Ogun via Adamo Ikorodu axis
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 7:00am On Dec 12, 2020
n3xt:

/
Thanks for the update.

/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:45am On Dec 12, 2020
n3xt:

Note: This is not POP. This is cheap but it has always worked for me.

Pic 1 - 4 | Using Plasterboard as an alternative POP boards at NextHome H52. Installation done Dec. 2014
Do you have workers doing it in Benin? And do they have others designs for the installation?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 9:43am On Dec 12, 2020
We construct Bio digester (Modern Sock away)

Once you have it in place.

✔you no longer call trucks to come evacuate human waste,

✔it doesn't smell

✔it doesn't attract flies or crokroaches,

✔just a small space is needed for it,

✔it's eco-friendly

✔and doesn't contaminate the groundwater

Check my signature.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 10:03am On Dec 12, 2020
Bakin3:
We construct Bio digester (Modern Sock away)

Once you have it in place.

✔you no longer call trucks to come evacuate human waste,

✔it doesn't smell

✔it doesn't attract flies or crokroaches,

✔just a small space is needed for it,

✔it's eco-friendly

✔and doesn't contaminate the groundwater

Check my signature.

Educate us more on this. This when the signature might be highly needed by some of us.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:14am On Dec 12, 2020
DancingSkeleton:
Do you have workers doing it in Benin? And do they have others designs for the installation?

No! I do not offer this service.

However, you can also achieve any design with plasterboards.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Uyi213: 10:25am On Dec 12, 2020
I have a half plot of land available in akobo ojurin area of Ibadan. Houses And duplexes have been built and numbered already. It has a foundation of three bedrooms.

Asking price - 800k

Call/WhatsApp me zero eight one five one three eight nine nine one five. I am the direct owner and based in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2020
folmus:

Perhaps, it depends on exact area. I am being quoted 20k-22k for 10 tons laterite Ogun via Adamo Ikorodu axis

The least I could get is 41k around Ota area for 10 tire. Meanwhile it's sold for 20k in ifo. And this is the truck that was supplied today. I don't know if this is how they pack it cause it doesn't look like something that is filled up.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cindino20(m): 12:17pm On Dec 12, 2020
gbadexy:

Thank you sir my able chairman.
I really don't understand what they meant by velvet. Maybe they meant matte or silk.
If the plaster is smooth, you could prime it and apply matte. A primed wall looks much better than un primed wall with matte. It would make the final colour appear bright.
The sheen on satin would eventually dull outside and it's too light to be very durable on external surface.
Painters use different terms to describe paints. Some call satin rubber paint.

@gbadexy and @all

Can you please recommend good paint companies to purchase emulsion, Satin and Matte(Velvet) from?

Thank you very much in advance.

C.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2020
Cindino20:

@gbadexy and @all

Can you please recommend good paint companies to purchase emulsion, Satin and Matte(Velvet) from?

C.
Same Gbadexy

He has supplied for some of my project with no issue

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cindino20(m): 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2020
DancingSkeleton:
A friend bought of bag of POP cement today here in Benin for N12,500 shocked shocked shocked I’m gradually losing interest as regards to using pop for my project next year.

At 12,500 it makes sense to wait a month or two and see how the situation develops..if it continues then look for cost effective and safe alternative.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cindino20(m): 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2020
twinskenny:

Same Gbadexy

He has supplied for some of my project with no issue

Boss can you please tell me the name of the product he supplied and others you can recommend.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2020
HURRY! FAIRLY NEW!!

Genus 200a deep cycle battery
Condition: Good
Flatrate Price: 55,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2020
Schneider 1500va 24v puresinewe solar inverter ... 90,000

Axpert 3000w 24v (40a mppt) pure sinewave solar inverter .... 165,000

Apodon 30a 12/24v mppt .... 55,000

Mono solar panels :

150watt mono ... 25,000
260watt ............. 42,000
320watt72cell .... 46,000
350watt 72cell ... 50,000

Contact,
CALL LINE:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP LINE::: https: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2020
Cindino20:

@gbadexy and @all

C.
I make and supply paints. Regal paint.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2020
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2020
BuildingProject:

The least I could get is 41k around Ota area for 10 tire. Meanwhile it's sold for 20k in ifo. And this is the truck that was supplied today. I don't know if this is how they pack it cause it doesn't look like something that is filled up.

Sincerely, we really don't know how the measurements work. @Chekitout can give a conjectural idea of ideal measurements.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2020
Felicity lithium batteries are also available for order !

Felicity batteries comes in various capacity ratings in kwh but those who don't get this do confuse ahms conversion / interpretation .

We observe some prospects fall for slight price variations forgetting they might be getting lower capacity at the end .

24v 3.5kwh isn't 200a but 150a capacity rating BUT I rather get 24v 5kwh (slightly higher than 200a) which is bit higher in price and readily available for order!

I have clients seeking for 200a or higher felicity equivalent , they're available in :
24v 5kwh
48v 10kwh & 12.5kwh etc

DISCOUNTED PRICES:

24v 3.5kwh ... 405k
24v 5kwh ...... 490k
48v 7.5kwh ... Updating
48v 10kwh .... 1,120,000

Feel free to reach us for transactions as usual ...

Contact,
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2020
Cindino20:

At 12,500 it makes sense to wait a month or two and see how the situation develops..if it continues then look for cost effective and safe alternative.
I’m taking a break immediately I’m done with window fixing, burglary fixing and wall plastering.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 5:10pm On Dec 12, 2020
folmus:

Educate us more on this. This when the signature might be highly needed by some of us.

The Biofil toilet digester system is a modern waste (toilet) management technology; it’s a small enclosed concrete chamber that replaces the septic tank or manhole and requires only a small space (Land).

Its’ construction is cheaper and safer compare to Septic tanks or Man-hole system. The digester mimics decomposition in natural environments: living organisms/bacteria in an enclosed concrete chamber that treat all decayable matter (human waste) through aerobic decomposition.

It is environmentally friendly, very hygienic, produces no odor and very cheap to install in your home or office.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chuksbogus2001: 5:24pm On Dec 12, 2020
Guys please I need information on who pays for the scarfold during building. I have an engineer that takes care of the pay ment of the workers while I get the materials. But this morning he called me to say that I am to pay for the scarfold for the parapet and plaster that they are erecting now. So pls he is to pay the workers for the parapet and the plastering how am I to pay for the scarfold he require to do what his fees covered?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 5:47pm On Dec 12, 2020
chuksbogus2001:
Guys please I need information on who pays for the scarfold during building. I have an engineer that takes care of the pay ment of the workers while I get the materials. But this morning he called me to say that I am to pay for the scarfold for the parapet and plaster that they are erecting now. So pls he is to pay the workers for the parapet and the plastering how am I to pay for the scarfold he require to do what his fees covered?

Are you sure his fees covered scaffolding? Was it discussed before now?
Normally, the owner provides scaffold. You can buy bamboo instead of renting iron scaffold

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chuksbogus2001: 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2020
coldcandy:

Are you sure his fees covered scaffolding? Was it discussed before now?
Normally, the owner provides scaffold. You can buy bamboo instead of renting iron scaffold

Thanks for your prompt reply. Though we didn't spell it out during the negotiation but I thought that since he is the one in charge of parapet, how then should I be paying for the scarfold for him to do what his pay covered. That's the way I am looking at it. They are building a scarfold and he is asking that the pay ment for building the scarfold with plank and bamboo is 30k

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2020
chuksbogus2001:

Thanks for your prompt reply. Though we didn't spell it out during the negotiation but I thought that since he is the one in charge of parapet, how then should I be paying for the scarfold for him to do what his pay covered. That's the way I am looking at it. They are building a scarfold and he is asking that the pay ment for building the scarfold with plank and bamboo is 30k

Since it wasn’t spelt out you can pick it up.

If only they’ll do a fucking good job, N30K is really nothing on a multi million naira job.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2020
chuksbogus2001:

Negotiate 20k for duplex. These are trying times

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 6:32pm On Dec 12, 2020
We move.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2020
n3xt:

No! I do not offer this service.

However, you can also achieve any design with plasterboards.
I have been thinking bout plasterboard and why we do not use it extensively in Nigeria!
cos this POP stuff is long.I believe if Plasterboard is used well you will achieve one smooth ceiling, and you can just mould the edges, all our ceilings here are plaster boards

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2020
Jasobry:
We move.
can I ask a question pls, what's the functionality of an open window in the roof?
Is this a window to a room
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 7:28pm On Dec 12, 2020
erico2k2:

can I ask a question pls, what's the functionality of an open window in the roof?
Is this a window to a room

I'm sorry i may not be able to answer the question here. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1828) (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) ... (3702) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Deeegbee and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.