Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,098 members, 7,890,620 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:04 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4565700 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2830) (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) ... (3716) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:03am On Mar 10, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Boss, forget that.

Show us how you use your POP mix. Is it as eye shadow, blush or hair color? cheesy

grin grin all of the above sir

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MsJanet123: 10:13am On Mar 10, 2022
cash1115:
Contact us for you best pop design, our work speaks for us, we give our best to satisfy you �%

Nice one!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:41am On Mar 10, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Boss, forget that.

Show us how you use your POP mix. Is it as eye shadow, blush or hair color? cheesy
lolzz
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 12:00pm On Mar 10, 2022
dapotemi:
Pls can I use this type of ceiling for a shop, passage area , kitchen and toilet? What is the name, the PROS AND CONS..Any info will be appreciated...

Please, i will welcome more information about this ceiling (PVC)......The PROS and CONS.

Secondly, if you have anyone that can fix it for me...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
ChybuzzDD:
Experts in the house, i greet you all.

Is it advisable to tile toilet walls and floors before mounting toilet seats and bathtubs?

Which of the 2 categories of work should rightly come first?

Do your tilings first.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
mufutau55:

Do your tilings first.

Hajji M.

Ok, thanks.
My fears were that they might mess up the tiles while installing the toilet stuffs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
mufutau55:

Do your tilings first.

Hajji M.

I concur.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Ok, thanks.
My fears were that they might mess up the tiles while installing the toilet stuffs.

Have them sign an undertaking grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 1:29pm On Mar 10, 2022
dapotemi:

Please, i will welcome more information about this ceiling (PVC)......The PROS and CONS.

A relative installed one in 2013. She had them replaced with nigerite ceiling in 2020. Why? They were just falling off one after the other.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Ok, thanks.

No, the tiles shouldn't get messed-up. All the necessary holes should have been cut out and you can fasten everything (toilet wares & bath tubs) to the tiles.
So, tilings is better first.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Have them sign an undertaking grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oluwashola4me(m): 2:03pm On Mar 10, 2022
Good evening!
Please, are there any electric fencing and barb wire merchants here?

Kindly quote this post with your contact details.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
Good day Engineers and Quantity Surveyors.......
Please can someone help me with the total number of bags of cement for this size of concrete floor of 13(length)*3(width)*0.3(depth) metre using a grade mix of M25..............
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
oluwashola4me:
Good evening!

Thanks.

Here we are sir

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
oluwashola4me:
Good evening!

Thanks.

@Twinskenny. (The American Bostonian Electrician)

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
oluwashola4me:
Good evening!

Thanks.

I think @Twinskenny does.

Disclaimer: This information share should not be misconstrued as a recommendation and is merely for informational purpose. Neither EgunMogaji or his assignees can be held liable for any loss, real or imaginary, that arises from reliance on this informational share. EgunMogaji or his heirs reserve the right to recall this informational share without any notice and at any time and without compensation cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
dapotemi:

I had this installed in two of my BQ many years ago.
It's still going good. That was the thing then, but eventually I will replace it with POP later. Not good for fire but then nothing is good for fire.
Any of your Carpenter should be able to install it for you.

Note: Amoula Ventures at Ikeja, Lagos was one of the best PVC brand then, if they are still around. I used the Amoula PVC then. Most of those Chinese imported were filmsy like papers.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Disclaimer: This information share should not be misconstrued as a recommendation and is merely for informational purpose. Neither EgunMogaji or his assignees can be held liable for any loss, real or imaginary, that arises from reliance on this informational share. EgunMogaji or his heirs reserve the right to recall this informational share without any notice and at any time and without compensation cheesy

This man you no go kill persin o. That your "Disclaimer" go make any Lawyer dey scratch him head o.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

grin grin

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
mufutau55:

@Twinskenny. (The American Bostonian Electrician)

Hajji M.
thanks sir..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fortun3(m): 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
Are you feeling down or under pressure? Are you looking for an effective way to decompress after a stressful day at work? Owning a pool can drastically improve your mood!

Spending your time relaxing in the pool can help reduce your stress and anxiety. Floating in a pool is a comforting, almost womb-like experience that is similar to yoga. Your anxiety will disappear in no time! Also, when you exercise in the pool, you are stimulating your body causing it to release endorphins from your brain!

Contact us @ 08107493161 for the construction and installation of your swimming pool and fountains. We are ready to give you the best designs and pool work at an affordable budget

We also offer free consultation on all swimming pool, fountain and waterfall related issues.
Please do not hesitate to call or text us.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Too low on that low end but I yield the floor to esteemed builders and quantity surveyors grin

I mean for a building that will beat the code. Assuming no palm tree roofing wood and "panu" for roofing.

Anyways you may be right because as I am finding out finishing is where the budget flies outta the roof.

Egun has seen the light grin

Currently on a 4 bedroom bungalow project and we are past 15million naira mark ..

But as QS said, building cost depends on ALOT of factors..

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
twinskenny:
Any tiler in the house? Need tiling done for 45sqm office space at Ikeja... Asap

Tiler selection should be based on recommendations o...

Or you give them a small job first to test their skills.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
twinskenny:

grin grin

Thank you sir

I of course recommend you without any hesitation my friend.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
bobkezel:

Lwkmd
I don die oooo
Chiarman you don win...
I surrender
@hamtabfawaz comma carry your comrade oo

cheesy grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dirkcoyt: 8:24pm On Mar 10, 2022
dapotemi:

When you get to the market tell them to sell you “ajah” for your PVC . It’s usually around 18-21k per bundle and you can tell the difference from those 7-8k per bundle that they’re like paper in the hands . Those are the ones that fall off easily . The ajah ones are very thick . Atleast it’s called ajah in ibadan from the ibo boys at abayomi iwo road and I think it’s the same name they call it in Lagos too . Stay bless

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
Well done boss.

What are the highlights of the project?

Like;

The roof covering
Wall, floor and ceiling finishings

Structural frame (if any)

I like empirical data a lot as a cost researcher.

KolaShangOne:

Egun has seen the light grin

Currently on a 4 bedroom bungalow project and we are past 15million naira mark ..

But as QS said, building cost depends on ALOT of factors..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:42pm On Mar 10, 2022
Lol...I'm not sure you can get sued by mere recommendation here sir.

EgunMogaji2:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
Good evening boss.

M25 - 1:2:4

Volume of concrete based on your dimension - 11.7 cubic metres.

Number of bags of cement for such volume - 59 bags.

bixton:
Good day Engineers and Quantity Surveyors.......
Please can someone help me with the total number of bags of cement for this size of concrete floor of 13(length)*3(width)*0.3(depth) metre using a grade mix of M25..............

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MulticolourDeco(f): 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
Topic-Will we still be able to afford buying fuel later on with this economy down turns?

So yesterday the 4th of march, 2022 was my second worse experience ever. I got petrol at the rate of 230 naira per liter for the house. I got thirty five litres of petrol (35 liters) at the price of eight thousand, two hundred naira (N8200) as against maximum of five thousand naira depending on the filling station and their meters. My budget was the usual five thousand naira worth of petrol and do the usual pay for keg and show boys love thingy after I had to queue, I didn't know how badly things have gotten out of hands. I wasn't aware prices of fuel has been inflated. My brother told me the last fuel he got was at the rate of One hundred and eighty naira (N180). And boys are now buying fuel as high as three hundred and fifty naira (N350) per liters in some areas of Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2830) (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) ... (3716) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: visaclick, babadots and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.