Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,137 members, 7,916,335 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:45 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4625538 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3333) (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) (3339) ... (3729) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:50am On Feb 19, 2023
redgem:

I can't give her access to the account...this incident shows she isn't smart... Yeah, the money is gone but someone will have to pay for her carelessness...

I don't know if Netflix is still showing "Inventing Anna" which demonstrated how Anna Delvey/Sorokin defrauded US banks and hoteliers of over $200,000.00

It is not about being smart. Do you think those institutions and those running them were not smart?

Running successful scams is both a science and an art.

Totally understand human nature and then exploit it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipgarza31: 8:59am On Feb 19, 2023
Abbeyb1ack:

This user is a fool....sincerely

only that I didn't come out of a smelly pussy like you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 10:16am On Feb 19, 2023
GloriousGbola:

this happens very well. a lot of people have been victims.

this is why you have to TRAIN your staff. it is not about the staff being smart or not. these are experienced con men. they package themselves well. it was not a scruffy looking guy that did this scam, but a well groomed person who looked like he could buy half of the shop.

engage your banking officer. set up a second, separate email account/s for alert and ensure the staff has access to this email.
internet banking is a far more reliable method of confirming payment, though there can sometimes be delays.

you can also set the up a corporate savings account where clerk is a lower user - able to view but not authorise transacations

in the end it is up to you

Will educate her more and thanks for the advice, will take out time to sort out email access

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:32am On Feb 19, 2023
A beautiful Sunday to you all…

Good morning

We are still here to beautify your home.

Pop $ wall screeding

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:19am On Feb 19, 2023
redgem:

I can't give her access to the account ...this incident shows she isn't smart... Yeah, the money is gone but someone will have to pay for her carelessness...

My recommendations to empower your staff to be able to verify payments.

1) Setup two business accounts. The first is your major one and only you have access. The second is shared with the staff and they can get alerts. You swipe the money into account #1 each evening after doing balancing.

Or

2) Have her call you to verify that you've gotten the alert.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:19am On Feb 19, 2023
bolu1986:

Good morning

Pop $ wall screeding

I love the second picture.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 12:28pm On Feb 19, 2023
bolu1986:

Good morning

Pop $ wall screeding

Very beautiful. Is this pop cement screeding or ready mixed putty.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:34pm On Feb 19, 2023
redgem:

I can't give her access to the account...this incident shows she isn't smart... Yeah, the money is gone but someone will have to pay for her carelessness...

For future reference

Your accountant /sales person must always call to confirm payment before any goods are parted with.

Meaning you should be the only one or at least have someone that must be called to confirm transfer payments at all times, no exceptions!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 1:51pm On Feb 19, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

I love the second picture.

Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2023
gbadexy:

Very beautiful. Is this pop cement screeding or ready mixed putty.

Thanks sir

Pop paint + Pop cement + black cement.

With good ratio mixed.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 2:18pm On Feb 19, 2023
bolu1986:

Thanks sir

With good ratio mixed.
Ok. One would be excused for thinking it was already painted.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 3:34pm On Feb 19, 2023
Love this?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 5:08pm On Feb 19, 2023
redgem:

My own advice is a bit similar to eguns

You already have a main account , open a sub account get a dedicated phone / sim that will be permanently in the shop and add to the text notification for this sub account including your own phone number , voila the shop people and you receive payment alerts , you can then from time to time sweep to the main account or use the account regularly for other things to deplete funds

Get one of this fintech company Pos , I use moniepoint , the payment is instant either by debit card or transfer , the cashiers see it immediately on the Pos themselves . Make sure to disable the transfer option from the Pos when they setup cool

We use both , the calling you always option is not for businesses with serious patronages or volumes

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:10pm On Feb 19, 2023
sonnie10:
Love this?

Well planned and neat environment

No AC outdoor hang on the wall. All the outdoor AC are located and position on the ground floor
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2023
Why can’t Nigeria banks just make things easy. They should have a toll free auto voice number to call if you need to verify any transaction.
All they need is the last four numbers of the account number
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 6:00pm On Feb 19, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

My recommendations to empower your staff to be able to verify payments.

1) Setup two business accounts. The first is your major one and only you have access. The second is shared with the staff and they can get alerts. You swipe the money into account #1 each evening after doing balancing.

Or

2) Have her call you to verify that you've gotten the alert.

Supervisor has access to the account...she sent the customer to go meet the supervisor himself instead of calling him to confirm... Her excuse was, she was busy attending to other customers and couldn't leave the counter..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 6:12pm On Feb 19, 2023
rmx:

My own advice is a bit similar to eguns

You already have a main account , open a sub account get a dedicated phone / sim that will be permanently in the shop and add to the text notification for this sub account including your own phone number , voila the shop people and you receive payment alerts , you can then from time to time sweep to the main account or use the account regularly for other things to deplete funds

Get one of this fintech company Pos , I use moniepoint , the payment is instant either by debit card or transfer , the cashiers see it immediately on the Pos themselves . Make sure to disable the transfer option from the Pos when they setup cool

We use both , the calling you always option is not for businesses with serious patronages or volumes

Thanks for the recommendation Sir....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 6:15pm On Feb 19, 2023
somehow:

For future reference

Your accountant /sales person must always call to confirm payment before any goods are parted with.

Meaning you should be the only one or at least have someone that must be called to confirm transfer payments at all times, no exceptions!

There is someone oh...that is why I still insist she is at fault no matter the excuses she gave.... Well, deducting 10k from her salary for 3 months for her to learn from her mistakes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 6:15pm On Feb 19, 2023
decatalyst:

The German door you posted
the 4ft is 270k and 3ft is 80k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 6:17pm On Feb 19, 2023
bolu1986:

Thanks sir

With good ratio mixed.

No top bond was used?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:24pm On Feb 19, 2023
ChiefSupplier55:
Are you sure?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 6:51pm On Feb 19, 2023
sonnie10:

Are you sure?

Lol. Sounds cheap bro?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 6:55pm On Feb 19, 2023
ChiefSupplier55:

Bro how much for this Turkish security door? 4/7ft
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2023
rotecch77:
This simple steel chamber cover can save you some Naira

Oga mi, this is a very good implementation.
I prefer this to the concrete.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2023
rotecch77:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnFUPrfhIdt/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

High roof Installer at risk

Ridiculous, they need security harness for this type of job. "Tree close to tree nah that dey make monkey jump".

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:28pm On Feb 19, 2023
Coiner:

Lol. Sounds cheap bro?
Especially the 3ft
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 8:28pm On Feb 19, 2023
uwemjack:

Good job.

It is either deforming or removing formwork.

Yes bro...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:57pm On Feb 19, 2023
Buy hardwood (2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 3x4, 1x12) buy iron rod (8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm local and TMT) payment on delivery,thanks for your patronage,
God bless you all

Call or whatsapp me 091-32123240.

Happy Sunday to you all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:36pm On Feb 19, 2023
mufutau55:

Ridiculous, they need security harness for this type of job. "Tree close to tree nah that dey make monkey jump".

Hajji M.

Yes, succinctly said sir, safety is the number1 Koko
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:45pm On Feb 19, 2023
mufutau55:

Oga mi, this is a very good implementation.
I prefer this to the concrete.

Hajji M.

Yes sir, it’s nice and simple to fabricate
It save time
It reduces number of artisan
Easy to fabricate
It’s save cost
It’s durable
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:28am On Feb 20, 2023
Turkey Bar Association versus property developers

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:02am On Feb 20, 2023
GloriousGbola:

in addition to what fegeitok has said, you need to enable online banking.
alert emails are often instantaneous and as far as i can tell, cannot be spoofed
also checks via your banking app.
you need to provide your attendant with a reliable data plan for this [of course the attendant may blow the data on tik tok angry ]

i am sorry but that money is gone

there are several fake sms transfer scams out there and you need to train your workers in how to detect them.
we now have starlink internet in 9ja 20k/month and about 270k to buy hardware.I recon every business person should buy this for now for their internet connectivity

(1) (2) (3) ... (3333) (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) (3339) ... (3729) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.