Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:41 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4529768 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3418) (3419) (3420) (3421) (3422) (3423) (3424) ... (3704) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:44am On Jul 06, 2023
temi4fash:

The engineer actually recommended it, but we felt since he was still going to do that at the decking level there was no need at the lintel level.

But he is recommending that we remove all of the lintel and connect the iron beams.

Also saying we pull down the very obvious cracked walls

There was German floor. The German floor was done before proceeding to do this.

We meet the foundation there and just did some bit of correction, German floor and built.
It's been there for over 1 year.. We were just trying to raise money for the decking. For the quality of blocks, we were told it was strong. There are pillars in between long spans too.

Thank you sirs for your input.
I would say anchor all dividing walls horizontally, that's is across so they don't pull apart, chisel the edges of the lintel and connect with 4 physical bars and pour fresh concrete mix on it,(Rich ), Do This at least a eek B4 pouring the net floor.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dooooooo(m): 9:45am On Jul 06, 2023
RichyBendollar:
Please help criticize this plan from my Architect 4bedroom pent house
Fine design you got there, the land seems to be a narrow one.
Well, here are few stuffs I noticed.

1. Too many doors (this may lead to excessive spending)
2. The master bedroom's windows should be cross ventilated (inflow and outflow of air), the master bedroom will need more wardrobe.
3. For flexibility, the wall between the dining and the staircase can be eradicated. A fantastic opening can be done. (The passage looks so confined)
4. Have a service opening btw the dining and the kitchen, or change the location of the dining's door to open straight to the kitchen.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dooooooo(m): 9:49am On Jul 06, 2023
CircleOfWilis:
Good morning engineers and builders

My house is at the roofing stage it's a flat roof design...Was told told flat roofs are prone to leakage.

Pls help me with precautions I need to take to prevent the leakage.
Thank you all
Flat roof is meant to be slabed, you just need to apply bitumen felt or coal tar on it, that prevents passage of water into the slab.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dooooooo(m): 9:54am On Jul 06, 2023
temi4fash:
Please what can cause this kind crack in the building.

This is sad.
I keep on telling people, involve professionals only in your building construction.
Secondly, build right, don't cut corners.

I'm not sure the foundation of this structure is solid, it must have shifted or sunk.

Soil type too is a major factor to consider when building, some soils will seem strong in dry season but becomes something else when enough water wets it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 10:58am On Jul 06, 2023
Dooooooo:

This is sad.
I keep on telling people, involve professionals only in your building construction.
Secondly, build right, don't cut corners.

I'm not sure the foundation of this structure is solid, it must have shifted or sunk.

Soil type too is a major factor to consider when building, some soils will seem strong in dry season but becomes something else when enough water wets it.

from the discussion so far.. Seem the last reason is the issue.

The engineer says there was settlement in the are due to continuous rainfall in the area.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 10:59am On Jul 06, 2023
erico2k2:

I would say anchor all dividing walls horizontally, that's is across so they don't pull apart, chisel the edges of the lintel and connect with 4 physical bars and pour fresh concrete mix on it,(Rich ), Do This at least a eek B4 pouring the net floor.

Thank you sir.

I would also suggest this to him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2023
CircleOfWilis:
Everyone around here (building location) claims to be a good roofer
Where is your location?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CircleOfWilis: 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2023
BrickDevo:

Where is your location?
Bauchi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
Please who has bought polystyrene ceiling boards recently?

What is the going rate?

Just want to be sure if the rate I am being offered is reasonable.

In other news to contribute to the conversation on the price of cement, I was told the price is now 4,700.00 in Abuja today
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 10:04pm On Jul 06, 2023
sonnie10:
Doors for sale from excess inventory/supply.
Recently bought 15 pieces of these doors but ended up using only 13. Have 2 surplus.

Cast iron Turkey imported armored security doors
4 feet double opening

Price is #400k each.
If interested respond here. Thanks.
Hello sir. I’m interested.
Does the other one looks exactly as this?
How much is the least price you can sell them?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2023
erico2k2:

Estate is referred to ur landed property, even farm lands count as estate.

I was referring to those close settlement with a unique name n single entrance. do they have specific documentation necessary to establish an estate?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:05pm On Jul 06, 2023
Reeefe:

I was referring to those close settlement with a unique name n single entrance. do they have specific documentation necessary to establish an estate?
OK, On top of my head I don't think so but not entirely sure though
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Felab18: 11:53pm On Jul 06, 2023
Good day everyone,

I want casement window makers to please provide the current prices of making the following casement aluminium windows (with tower aluminium, net and 5mm thick blue colour glass):

1800mm x 1800mm = 1 unit
1000mm x 1400mm = 10 units
1000mm x 1200mm = 20 units
600mm x 700mm = 9 units

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 12:30am On Jul 07, 2023
Felab18:
Good day everyone,

I want casement window makers to please provide the current prices of making the following casement aluminium windows (with tower aluminium, net and 5mm thick blue colour glass):

1800mm x 1800mm = 1 unit
1000mm x 1400mm = 10 units
1000mm x 1200mm = 20 units
600mm x 700mm = 9 units

Thank you.
Casement Aluminum Window
With Net, 5mm Glass
TOWER MATERIAL
-•Price of each window.
•1800 x 1800=85k
•1000 x 1400=68k
•1000 x 1200=60k
•600 x 700=30k
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Felab18: 3:28am On Jul 07, 2023
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Casement Aluminum Window
With Net, 5mm Glass
TOWER MATERIAL
-•Price of each window.
•1800 x 1800=85k
•1000 x 1400=68k
•1000 x 1200=60k
•600 x 700=30k
Thanks

Thank you. I will call you soon.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 7:07am On Jul 07, 2023
Felab18:

Thank you. I will call you soon.
God will take control.
Okay when you are ready let us know sir. thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:52am On Jul 07, 2023
MrOkenwa:

Hello sir. I’m interested.
Does the other one looks exactly as this?
How much is the least price you can sell them?
Yes, the two doors are the same, dark brown.
For the price, I am actually taking a little loss.
But willing to give them away for #380k each
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EsgeeTech7(m): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2023
I just got back here I used to be adigun7, I lost my login password. Am a building contractor specialty in selling/installation of roofing products 09035076732,08078696012 esgeetechconcepts@gmail.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EsgeeTech7(m): 8:17am On Jul 07, 2023
We sell/install quality and durable stone coated roofing sheets with accessories 09035076732,08078696012 esgeetechconcepts@gmail.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EsgeeTech7(m): 8:25am On Jul 07, 2023
CircleOfWilis:

My house is at the roofing stage it's a flat roof design...Was told told flat roofs are prone to leakage.

Thank you all
How is the roof plan like? Is the roof shooting out in the front and back or just the back?
Are you putting the roof into the side walls?
Whatever the system you intend to use wit a professional roofer he will give you a perfect result, you can contact us on 09035086732,08078696012 for more

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:50am On Jul 07, 2023
CircleOfWilis:

Thank you all
Imranroofing will handle it properly for you without leakages
We have the solution already you need to make sure your bricklayer already done with all plastering and when installing we are to make use of flatsheet to cover all the inner wall and the wall coping with this method water can"t find is way into the building
Whatsapp 08085310359 for more enquires
Check the pics below

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:40am On Jul 07, 2023
@ Oluyole ibadan

Let’s pipe this beautiful duplex

Electrical
Cctv
Video door

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 2:35pm On Jul 07, 2023
sonnie10:

Yes, the two doors are the same, dark brown.
For the price, I am actually taking a little loss.
But willing to give them away for #380k each

Can we do both for 700k?
Another thing is the fact that the site is in Abeokuta.
Where are the doors currently?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbeyb1ack: 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2023
Amosaloud:

This issue is still a bit vague. Your accusation of poor dealings is likely to affect this man's business. At the very least please explain what happened during your dealing with him to guide prospective clients on here. We have seen many posts here from people with legitimate grievances against some vendors/clients and most people now know who to avoid. However, vague accusations do not help anyone and damage can be irreversible. Just my position.

Maybe you miss the post sir
You can see him running his mouth like he absolutely did nothing wrong

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 3:39pm On Jul 07, 2023
Thank you Sir! For the Job!

Job delivered.

megacontrol:
Hmmm.

Thanks a lot for this feedback. Post-job feedbacks are really important.

POD things.

Much appreciated.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbeyb1ack: 3:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
dannie007:
State the Loss you are talking about here nah!!

That I didn't deliver your Job or what??

Stop beating around the Bush!!

Tell everyone what Happened or are you ashamed of saying it?

It's obvious you have no iota of shame
That am ashamed you left a job since November after complete payment and refused to complete it till March that I told you not to come again after I got tired of your several Excuses.

Or that am ashamed you are in possession of an item given to you incase of emergency
And you don't feel remorseful about returning it back

Anyway I will keep reminding your prospective customer in here to Trade with CAUTION when dealing with you

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
You should have also send the phone recording!!

Your poor supervision at your Site you are looking for who do put the Blame on!!

It is my fault that Your Tiler, Carpenter and Bricklayer did a Bad job on the Door Frames?

Find Something to do with your time Jare. I supplied you the 5 doors you ordered for I was able to install 1 door, why the remaining 4 frames where bad. Fixing of door frames was it part of my work.

Learn how to channel your anger.

Note:: I just finished the above person's Job at lekki as I type...

If you like keep typing all rubbish you can. As long as I didn't eat nor collect your money without delivering the Doors

Abbeyb1ack:

Maybe you miss the post sir
You can see him running his mouth like he absolutely did nothing wrong

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
MrOkenwa:

Can we do both for 700k?
Another thing is the fact that the site is in Abeokuta.
Where are the doors currently?

Lagos. . Ok since you want the two, I will let them go for #750k .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbeyb1ack: 4:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
dannie007:
You should have also send the phone recording!!

Your poor supervision at your Site you are looking for who do put the Blame on!!

It is my fault that Your Tiler, Carpenter and Bricklayer did a Bad job on the Door Frames?

Find Something to do with your time Jare. I supplied you the 4 doors you ordered for I was able to install 1 door, why the remaining 4 frames where bad. Fixing of door frames was it part of my work.

Learn how to channel your anger.

Note:: I just finished the above person's Job at lekki as I type...

If you like keep typing all rubbish you can. As long as I didn't eat nor collect your money without delivering the Doors

A liar will always find somtin to justify his lies...
You deliver the doors very late at night
Because your truck was faulty
You fixed just 1 door
It was late already and
Just because 1 frame wasn't fixed correctly
You decide to postpone the installation
I had to giv u a jump-start cable incase of emergency when you are driving home...that night you left was the last time I ever saw you after paying you for the doors,installation and transportation

After several excuses your nxt excuse was FRAME WAS bad...I had to point it on chat that why will I be calling u if frame were bad

January 31st I clearly told you the frame has been fixed....

DID YOU SHOW UP?....NO
Your nxt excuse was you don't have cash for transport

If you like work for dangote or Tinubu
Am not wishing you Bad

But just stop lieing and accept you didn't complete your job

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbeyb1ack: 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
dannie007:
I requested for an Address to send your jumper Cable to, you refuse and told me you took it as a loss!! So what do you want me to do?.

Oga find work and do jare.

Mumu Man!! You think i don't have better things to do with my Time?

Insult me as you like
Call any names you like
It's a free world

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3418) (3419) (3420) (3421) (3422) (3423) (3424) ... (3704) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: joetoocute and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.