Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,289 members, 7,887,853 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:14 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3533) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4557571 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3530) (3531) (3532) (3533) (3534) (3535) (3536) ... (3714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2023
beejay1:
Good evening house,

Please what is the best material to be used for a kitchen table top? HDF wood or Marble? Is there a cheaper alternative that water resistant and will last longer?

What's the kitchen cabinet made from?
Thats the 1st question people shd be asking..... But everyone assumes it made from wood...

If its wood they've given you all the options, if it's concrete tiles is a cheap option.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 10:37pm On Nov 02, 2023
topsy23:

If someone is lucky to stay where there 33KV dedicated line, at least you will get minimum of 20 - 22hrs a day. And if you can connect to independent power project (IPP) sure of getting at least 23hours minimum BUT it's just that their rate is very high compare to PHCN

You are correct about the areas having 33KV, is just the exorbitant power bill that's draining my pocket.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2023
ladyteeks:
How much is sharp sand/granite at Ikorodu?
Any supplier here?

How much is dangote cement?
I thought the price went down

10 tons 100k but there is one that's not sharp as the mentioned price, that goes for 75k (it will only work for setting).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:21pm On Nov 02, 2023
saydfact:
On paper yes..... But practically No.
Educate me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:32pm On Nov 02, 2023
ArcToyin:

You are correct about the areas having 33KV, is just the exorbitant power bill that's draining my pocket.

Yes the bill always high if you do not have prepaid meter.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 12:24am On Nov 03, 2023
Good evening

For your pop & wall screeding

We are available

Contact 07088534661

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 12:46am On Nov 03, 2023
CAUTION

Be wary of the 'Resident Serial Fraudster'.

ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT HIM HERE, PUBLICLY.

DON'T BE DECEIVED BY THE FRAUDULENT PICTURES.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kurupt01: 2:30am On Nov 03, 2023
Good morning all, trust you’ve all been well. Avid reader of this thread. I’ve learned a lot over the years.
Please I need extra set of eyes on this quote for roofing a 3 bedroom using Strong “Ghana” zinc.

2 X 6 = 10
2 X 4 = 230
2 X 3 = 250

Please what do we think?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 5:12am On Nov 03, 2023
Whitehorse:
Where are you based?

Do you work in the East?

I am based in Lagos. But Can Work anywhere in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 5:17am On Nov 03, 2023
beejay1:
Good evening house,

Please what is the best material to be used for a kitchen table top? HDF wood or Marble? Is there a cheaper alternative that water resistant and will last longer?

Cheaper alternative from Mable is Tiles. My HDF is not Advisable. It spoils quickly.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:20am On Nov 03, 2023
n3xt:

LASBCA men were actually around during the groundworks in April and they told me our cantilevered beams are impossible 😂😂 but I’ve done 3 and I’m currently on the 4th one.

I took them inside our main building to see a 20 year old 16.1m beam carrying 4 floors.

These guys are funny, is it that they are baby in construction industry or they don’t know what they are dining thinking such beam will not work after the approval of the drawing.
Or I don’t get the statement right nii .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:23am On Nov 03, 2023
n3xt:
The essence of my NDT is because I’m adding a floor and I also have 2 new floors to add in the extension of the building for ancillary services.

Hmmm it’s beta to be cautioned bcs I can see that your building approval didn’t permit that from beginning.
And your foundation wasn’t constructed for this afterthought additional.

Olewu ooo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:25am On Nov 03, 2023
sonnie10:

1 spoon of cement to 4 spoons of sand
Or
1 trailer of cement to 4 trailers of sand

Or
50kg of cement to 200k of sand

1million pec right
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Idemujoseph: 5:52am On Nov 03, 2023
Dashlish:
Pure Chem cement is 5k in Lagos
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:07am On Nov 03, 2023
rotecch77:

Hmmm it’s beta to be cautioned bcs I can see that your building approval didn’t permit that from beginning.
And your foundation wasn’t constructed for this afterthought additional.

Olewu ooo

Smiles.

Your assumption wasn’t right though and the foundation in the structure can safely carry more than 4 floors.

The least column base in that structure is 2100 x 2100mm. I’m not sure I’ve seen 2600 x 2600mm column base around here.

All our columns are done with 20mm rebars with lateral ties (stirrups).

This is a completed standalone structure that has nothing to do with the existing structure.

This wasn’t a project being supervised or managed by a fresher in the industry.The major consultant on the project is a big name in NSE.

These are guys who deliver solid structures with 22m beams without intermittent columns and they’ve been in the game for over 4 decades.

=========

For me to spend 4 months on groundworks alone, you should understand that khaki no be leather. 😂

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:13am On Nov 03, 2023
rotecch77:

1million pec right

Smiles.

Pls explain 1 trailer of cement to 4 trailers of sand.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:20am On Nov 03, 2023
rotecch77:

These guys are funny, is it that they are baby in construction industry or they don’t know what they are dining thinking such beam will not work after the approval of the drawing.
Or I don’t get the statement right nii .

You know when you see wetin pass you, you’re likely to assume the worse.

For instance, some people will cringe when they see a 4m cantilever or a load bearing slab resting on 30m + beams without intermittent columns.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:40am On Nov 03, 2023
If I see far, it’s because I stood in the shoulder of giants.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:47am On Nov 03, 2023
Our 3rd 8.5m Beam without intermittent column successfully delivered. One more to go!

8.5m is almost the size of two and a half standard rooms.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:49am On Nov 03, 2023
n3xt:
If I see far, it’s because I stood in the shoulder of giants.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:54am On Nov 03, 2023
somehow:

I’m in your DM sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:02am On Nov 03, 2023
Someone saw this on my project and asked what am I doing with foam on my structure.

I’d be back to share few things about this lovely product by Izocam

Make I go prepare for work, make mummy mmotimo no come dey use me shine 😂😂

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 7:27am On Nov 03, 2023
JUST ANOTHER LIE BY A CHRONIC FRAUDSTER.

Good morning to everyone.

Don't make yourself a victim without asking questions or doing your INVESTIGATION.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:37am On Nov 03, 2023
Gbadexy I found this product from Centrecoat. I think this should work like the marble dust.

I intend to take on the ramp project next week.

https://www.promain.co.uk/centrecoat-anti-slip-additive-for-floor-paint.html

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:42am On Nov 03, 2023
Gbadexy

Can you recommend me where i can get a very good floor paint?

About 2 litres should be good enough for the 4 x 7ft ramp.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:15am On Nov 03, 2023
n3xt:
Gbadexy I found this product from Centrecoat. I think this should work like the marble dust.

I intend to take on the ramp project next week.

https://www.promain.co.uk/centrecoat-anti-slip-additive-for-floor-paint.html
You may ask them if they have paint best suited for it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:23am On Nov 03, 2023
rotecch77:

1million pec right

Yes. That is why ratio generally does not have units. They cancel out . So we say would 1: 4, instead of saying 1 headpan of cement to 4 headpans of sand.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 8:25am On Nov 03, 2023
FRAUD

The CHRONIC LIAR/FRAUDSTER said he wants to freshen up and leave for work.

That was awkward.

Yes we get it.

You freshened up only to return in front of a laptop to post internet pictures and baseless enquiries this early morning.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:45am On Nov 03, 2023
n3xt:

Smiles.

Pls explain 1 trailer of cement to 4 trailers of sand.
I trailer na 600 bags. Yourself put 600 bags of sand on a trailer let’s check something.

See the maths below

600 x 50 = 30000 kg = 30tons of cement
So for a 1: 4 ration
You will need 4 of 30 tons trailers of sand

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:53am On Nov 03, 2023
sonnie10:

I trailer na 600 bags. Yourself put 600 bags of sand on a trailer let’s check something.

See the maths below

600 x 50 = 30000 kg = 30tons of cement
So for a 1: 4 ration
You will need 4 of 30 tons trailers of sand

Ok.

I always buy 900 bags trailer 😂 and this might confuse many other people who do not understand your logic.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:54am On Nov 03, 2023
gbadexy:

You may ask them if they have paint best suited for it.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:57am On Nov 03, 2023
While waiting for my guests, this is what the soffit of an 8.5m beam look like.

I can now imagine the tedious work that went into the preparation of Formwork for a 16.1m beam.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3530) (3531) (3532) (3533) (3534) (3535) (3536) ... (3714) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Movzyno(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.